Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

L Can't Just Help But To Play Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / L Can't Just Help But To Play Football (1365 Views)

Manchester United Fans Couldn't Help But Notice Defender Chris Smalling Equallin / Does Anybody Know Why India Don't Play Football Like Other Countries / Nigeria's Uche Given Green Light To Play Football Again: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by Nosu(m): 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2006
l don't know what to do about football.l am not ready to play in this country. but l am so much attached to it to the extend that when l see ball, l want to play. l forget any other appointment in the world until, l am satisfy with playing.l hv already vow that l am not going into professional football in Nigeria except if l can travel out within the next two year because age is no longer on my side.anyway l am still in my early 20s.
No problem with my education. l am doing fine, is just that when l see football, l forget every other time and after the play, l start regreting while l played and wasted time l sholud hv used to do some more relevant thing.
This has been form childhood, l even preface playing to watching. How can l stop playing, because it is really giving me concern. l play with any age bracket as far as it ball. l still played football today while l should be resting for the niite work at the office because l am on nite shift. l just hv passion for the game.
l need ur advice.
because it has cost me a lost in the past, like burning food on fire, beating for my parents when l was younger, injuries,miss or get late for important appointment etc
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by WesleyanA(f): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2006
are you really good at it?
If you are, just follow your passion 'cause it might land you on the national team as a star. You never know. wink

If it's that bad of an addiction, maybe you should try to avoid ftballs once in a while i guess especially when you have "food on fire" .  embarassed
too much of everything is bad sometimes.
don't let football control you. You should be the one in charge of what you do.
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by Akolawole(m): 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ Notu

1) How old are you?

2) Do you want to play football professionally?
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by Nosu(m): 1:39am On Jul 28, 2006
am 22, l will love to play football as a profession that's if l can get my way out of this country before another two year then l will be 24, that not bad to start a profession football.because l am not ready to reduce my age but if it is to play in this country, l see it as a waste of time , l better face my studies that pays here.
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by Akolawole(m): 2:41am On Jul 28, 2006
Nosu:

am 22, l will love to play football as a profession that's if l can get my way out of this country before another two year then l will be 24, that not bad to start a profession football.because l am not ready to reduce my age but if it is to play in this country, l see it as a waste of time , l better face my studies that pays here.

1) Your age is too old to start a professional football abroad now except if you are already an established player.

2) You need more than just good football to reach your peak. You need LUCK.
football can waste one's time if care is not taken.
My brother wasted years while two of his close pals are lucky to play for Nigeria. One in Meridian cup and the other one in Super Eagles of 2000.

All the best.
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by elile99(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2006
Nosu:

l don't know what to do about football.l am not ready to play in this country. but l am so much attached to it to the extend that when l see ball, l want to play. l forget any other appointment in the world until, l am satisfy with playing.l hv already vow that l am not going into professional football in Nigeria except if l can travel out within the next two year because age is no longer on my side.anyway l am still in my early 20s.
No problem with my education. l am doing fine, is just that when l see football, l forget every other time and after the play, l start regreting while l played and wasted time l sholud hv used to do some more relevant thing.
This has been form childhood, l even preface playing to watching. How can l stop playing, because it is really giving me concern. l play with any age bracket as far as it ball. l still played football today while l should be resting for the niite work at the office because l am on night shift. l just hv passion for the game.
l need your advice.
because it has cost me a lost in the past, like burning food on fire, beating for my parents when l was younger, injuries,miss or get late for important appointment etc
I also had that problem,  even up till now, sometimes i'l skip some important Occasions just to play football or use any round object as a substitute for football. ( Oranges are my favourites grin)
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by WesleyanA(f): 3:55am On Jul 30, 2006
elile99:

sometimes i'l skip some important Occasions just to play football or use any round object as a substitute for football. ( Oranges are my favourites grin)

soccer addicts. shocked shocked
what causes it anyways?

using oranges as substitute for ftball. . uhmm, you must be really skilled.
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by Jackal(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2006
@ Nosu,
Its so unfortunate that we Africans do not always live our desired dreams because of numerous factors caused by our parents/the system.
I think u are too old at early 20s to start anything professionally if u come abroad because they believe in catch 'em young policy abroad.
It would have been lots easier for u if u are 12-15 years of age because the sky would have been your limits.

Our parents in Africa + the system caused extensive damage by killing the dreams of a Nigerian youth especially in sports.
Every parent wants his kid to be a doctor, lawyer or an engineer which i think its very bad.
I think its too late for u to become a professional football player. Forget about it,bruv.
Re: L Can't Just Help But To Play Football by elile99(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2006
Jackal:

@ Nosu,
Its so unfortunate that we Africans do not always live our desired dreams because of numerous factors caused by our parents/the system.
Our parents in Africa + the system caused extensive damage by killing the dreams of a Nigerian youth especially in sports.
Every parent wants his kid to be a doctor, lawyer or an engineer which i think its very bad.
Thats Naija 4 u
Typical Nigerian Style

(1) (Reply)

Shortlists For 2008 FIFA Awards Revealed / Globacom Goes To Court Over Loss Of NPL Rights To MTN / Score Line For Nigeria Vs Argentina As @ 30mins Of Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.