Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Walking In The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Walking In The Spirit (388 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / The Spirit World. What's Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walking In The Spirit by rccgamg: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-L7a9K_qUo

What do we understand by walking in the Spirit?

Have you ever thought to your self that obeying God can quite be challenging.
Obeying God requires only the strenght of the Holy Spirit.

Even the ability to abstain from SIN is only by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Humaly speaking, it is hard to abstain from SIN.

Matthew 19:16-26
"16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?"
"17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."
"18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,"
"19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
"20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?"
"21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
"22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions."
"23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven."
"24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."
"25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?"
"26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Many of us have translated "with God all things are possible", to only when we need a beautiful house, wife, car, career.
When Jesus spoke that word, we spoke it not only because we wants us to achieve good things alone, but he said it concerning who will make heaven.

A righteous life cannot be achieved without walking in the Spirit.

The plan of God is for us to prosper and be in the good health, as our souls proper.

Walking in the spirit require the assistance of a supernatural power, and that is the Holy Spirit.

Works of the Flesh: Adultery, Fornication, Uncleanliness, Idolatary, Hatred, Strive, Sedition, Drunkiness.

If you walk in the Spirit, you will not satisfy the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 5:16
"16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

http://www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

(1) (Reply)

CAN President Reacting To Reports About The Seized Private Jet In South Africa / If There's Money On The Ground, And Nobody Is About, What Would You Do With It? / Did God Speak At Sinai, To Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.