Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,053 members, 7,953,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Yahoo Nigeria Is Out - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yahoo Nigeria Is Out (1219 Views)

How To Submit Your Website/blog To Google, Bing & Yahoo / I'm Looking Of Online Payments Method In Nigeria.is It Promising / Yahoo! Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Don4life: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2008
Could u pls tell me how to make a Mail Server like Yahoo.But Mine the name will be YahooNigeria.HELP HELP HELP HELP
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Mustay(m): 1:34am On Nov 02, 2008
deceptive subject
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2008
@poster, you deserve to be hanged for this.
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by OmniPotens(m): 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2008
@poster
You deserve to be whipped for this topic. tongue
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Don4life: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2008
Wat is Wrong with D Topic??
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2008
everything, in short, you really need HELP
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by yawatide(f): 12:24am On Nov 03, 2008
@Don4Life
Go learn AJAX.
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by WebMonk(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2008
Now I'm Officially disappointed. *Storms out*
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by nduaj(m): 11:05am On Nov 03, 2008
@Poster

next time yu are putting up a topic, make sure your title is correct.
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by onydchic(f): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2008
Moving on from the topic title, which everyone has adequately insulted you for, can you not think up anything more original that Yahoo?! Do you know nothing about coyright laws!?
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by likewhat: 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2008
Pls Oooooooooooooooo!
Can the PRO in the house tell us what is wrong with the question?
Can't someone have a big site like Yahoo! created for them?
Abi no be person do Yahoo?
Shebi we call ourself webmasters
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by yawatide(f): 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2008
uv gotta give it to him - excellent marketing technique. If he were being paid per click, he would be an instant millionaire, he he grin
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2008
I think what you want to create is a country portal It is a major job that requires you to update many, many parts of the site. It is not a bad idea if you have the money and willing to do the hard work. Just remember you can't use the name Yahoo for your site. Finally ask yourself why anyone would abandon Gmail or Yahoo to join your site. If your content is unique that people would rather use your site as their starting point every day instead of Yahoo then you may be on to something. A perfect example of this is the Indian portal www.rediff.com
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2008
like Bob Parson (godaddy CEO/Founder) said,

"Just because to found out that Cocacola.info is available, dont think you can go ahead and register it"
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Oludave7(m): 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2008
Good idea that lacks originality in presentation.
However there is hardly any idea that is new under the sun ,but trying to Nigerianize yahoo is the most ridiculous idea that could be posted on an intelligent board like this webmasters' where people of great ideas congregate to discharge. Anyway I wish good luck in your yahooNigeria or Nigeriayahooooooo dream
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by rancetech(m): 12:54am On Nov 04, 2008
The topic is totally misleading & deceptive. You can't get help that way, you'll only get attention.
Please modify it and we might help.
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by basking4me: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2008
@ Poster,

I like your topic. It actually means you dream very BIG. smiley

Ricky, thanks for shedding light and encouraging the guy. I think a topic of this nature should be well flogged by the experts in the house, instead its the poster that's getting the canes.

I run a linux based webserver in my office, it runs 24/7 by 365 non stop, not even NEPA can shut it down, my email server (everybodysname@mydomainname.com) runs on it too, however I am yet to run a CMS to manage content like yahoo does. With what you plan, I can assure you that it is possible.

Like Rediif, you can have you own public email server solution but dont name it yahoo. Pick you own unique name.

You will need databank with plenty servers and dataspace and 24/7/365 power backup and seamless internet service with backup support, you will also need programmers inhouse, you will need content managers, data entry guys and some more, you can do it if you really put your mind to it.

Kudos for thinking in that line.
Reach me to show you a demo of the Linux box I use here.
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by Handsome1: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2008
@Basking4me Thanks For D Help and i really Need 2 talk 2 U.
Re: Yahoo Nigeria Is Out by carmelily: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
i wish the OP lived in Somalia. He should be stoned to death!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Yahoo? / Naijafun.com Lunching / How can i make this site better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.