Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Website Critique - Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Critique - Help! (1068 Views)

Site Critique: Www.ahmadinejad.ir / Critique My Screenshot / Just designed a new site..... critique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Critique - Help! by MissLollie(f): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2006
Hiya

I've seen some pretty talented people in here. I need help. I'm feeling stagnent. I'm not a web designer by trade i've just started dabbling in it and building my own sites because I have difficulty in explaining what I want to someone else.

I started building last year and i've done as much as i can to date however i now have alot less time on my hands to dedicate to updating the site etc.

Please let me have your honest opinions. I used to have a flash intro but i took that out last week as I found alot of large corporations banned users browsing flash sites. The site is built using a mixture of pre-packaged layouts from 1&1 and dreamweaver. There are various sub-domains but hopefully these are merged in enough that the average joe blogs won't really notice.

I'm looking for someone to perhaps take over the site from me. Re-design it and either update it regularly or i'll continue from thereon.

www.sacred-city.com

Thank you!!
Bleep

kiss
Re: Website Critique - Help! by my2cents(m): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
Since as u say u r a beginner, I will b lenient grin and say that for a beginner, its pretty good.

Here are a few pointers, en generale:

1) move ur CSS and JSS code from main page to CSS and JS files respectively

2) turn ur image rollovers to css rollovers

3) haver a footer on all ur pages

4) move the form on main page to a "contact us" page

5) use as little images as possible to reduce downlaod speeds

I hope this helps.

Now, clean up that site and get back to me grin As for someone to hand it over to, if you mean, someone to do the coding, I may be your man. Feel free to YIM me (udotot25) anytime.

later
Re: Website Critique - Help! by MissLollie(f): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2006
kiss

Fanks!

After i've figured out what you're talking about re CSS and JSS (courtesy of google) i'll get right onto fixing those lil critters.

grin

All your other points are helpful as well and are all duly noted.

To be honest, i was just trying to be cheap building it myself and it's just taken off from there, hahhaha

I'll be in contact if you're serious about taking on the job.

x
Re: Website Critique - Help! by Afam(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2006
Great work for the effort. I think your website is even better than some being setup by commercial/professional web designers.

My2cents, welldone for the comments freely given to MissLollie.

(1) (Reply)

Warning! Epayassist.com Scam / My Website: Did I Try? Please Check / Help! Webmasters Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.