Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. (949 Views)

I Believe In PDP, Jonathan, Will Never Join APC – Orubebe / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by ogbenicodes(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
So this thread is basically about the comparism between; Lee Kuan Yew, Martin Luther King Jnr., Barack Obama, Nelson Mandela and Goodluck Jonathan mostly on our television stations; AIT, NTA, STV. So I thought about getting quotes of whiich each of them must have said at one point in time.

LEE KUAN YEW- 16 September 1923

In an interview with China Central Television (CCTV) on 12 June 2005, Lee stressed the need to have a continuous renewal of talent in the country's leadership, saying:
"In a different world we need to find a niche for
ourselves, little corners where in spite of our small size we can perform a role which will be useful to the world. To do that, you will need people at the top, decision-makers who have got foresight, good minds, who are open to ideas, who can seize opportunities like we did... My job really was to find my successors. I found them, they are there; their job is to find their successors. So there must be this continuous renewal of talented, dedicated, honest, able people who will do things not for themselves but for their people and for their country. If they can do that, they will carry on for another one generation and so it goes on. The moment that breaks, it's gone."

MARTIN LUTHER KING JNR.- January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968
We are all aware of his "I Have A Dream" quote

On August 28th, 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave one of the most notable speeches in United States history.
His “I Have a Dream” speech was given during the March on Washington, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
The speech was a glimmer of hope for civil rights
supporters and it became a defining moment in the
American Civil Rights Movement.
From USConstitution.net, the following is the exact text of the spoken speech, transcribed from recordings:

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.
Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity. Continue reading at: www.usconstitution.net/dream.html

NELSON MANDELA- 18 July 1918
"It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership."

"There is no such thing as part freedom."

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." "And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

Re: Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by ogbenicodes(m): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
BARACK OBAMA - August 4, 1961

"Few years ago, I promised to end the war in Iraq. We did. I promised to refocus on the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11. We have. We've blunted the Taliban's momentum in Afghanistan, and in 2014, our longest war will be over. A new tower rises above the New York skyline, al Qaeda is on the path to defeat, and Osama bin Laden is dead."

"So long as I'm Commander-in-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known. When you take off the uniform, we will serve you as well as you've served us - because no one who fights for this country should have to fight for a job, or a roof over their head, or the care that they need when they come home."

"If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost."

"We didn't become the most prosperous country in the world just by rewarding greed and recklessness. We didn't come this far by letting the special interests run wild. We didn't do it just by gambling and chasing paper profits on Wall Street. We built this country by making things, by producing goods we could sell."

"On every front there are clear answers out there that can make this country stronger, but we're going to break through the fear and the frustration people are feeling. Our job is to make sure that even as we make progress, that we are also giving people a sense of hope and vision for the future."

GOODLUCK JONATHAN- November 20, 1957

"When you talk about the oil wealth you compare nations. There are some nations with less than five million people. Nigeria has 150 million people. I cannot say that all the money earned from oil since 1958, when the first drop of oil was exported from this country to date, that the money has been effectively used."

"My brothers and sisters, we are all winners. In this context there is no victor and no vanquished.
We have demonstrated, even in our diversity, the progress of Nigeria remains paramount for all."

"There Is No Corruption But Mere Stealing In
Nigeria"

"Most of what is referred to as corruption is no more than ‘common stealing’."

Fellow Nigerians Lee Kuan Yew, Martin Luther King Jnr., Barack Obama, Nelson Mandela inspired hope in their people. Can we say the same of Goodluck Jonathan? The answer is NO!

Apples must be compared with apples.
Think Nigerians. Think!

Re: Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by Ediskcab(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
ogbenicodes: .

Your assertion above cannot b disputed xcept by Greedy Nigerians celebrating mediocrity.

Trust me they'll soon b here to give lame excuses and defend d most clueless drunk to have ruled d most populous black nation on earth.
Interestingly, all these great leaders above av gone on to transform thier respective countries earning them local and global regognition as world powers(in Defence and Economically)

[/b]Quite inspiring quotes[b]

1 Like

Re: Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by omenka(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Even the picture alone is a dead giveaway!!!

It is an insult of unquantifiable proportion placing that man's name or image side by side those of MLK, Madiba, or the others!! The ONLY thing they share in common with him is, they are all human!!

2 Likes

Re: Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by mikeywise(m): 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Make I arrange my seat ..
Re: Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by egift(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
President Jonathan's Intervention Legacy

Intervene to free Dokubo from Terrorist Case in Benin Republic.
Intervene to ease Alams with a Presidential Pardon.
Intervene to Sergent Rogers and his killer Squad.
Intervene to hide FFK's case file at EFCC.
Intervene to stop Ribadu and Soludo from becoming Governors.
Intervene to Silence Henry Okah from revealing Independence Day Bombers.
Intervene to Hide his wife's EFCC money laundry Charges.
Intervene to put Gen. Azazi 6 feet under for exposing Boko Haram Board of Trustees.
Intervene to suppress Dr. Davies from further exposing Boko Haram Sponsors.
Intervene to Silencing Dr. Oby and #BringBackOurGirls while exploiting its fame.

When it comes to Evil, Corruption, Insecurity and Misrule - expect GEJ to Intervene like a Pro.
Re: Find The Odd One Out- TAN, PDP, Jonathan. by ogbenicodes(m): 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
egift: President Jonathan's Intervention Legacy

Intervene to free Dokubo from Terrorist Case in Benin Republic.
Intervene to ease Alams with a Presidential Pardon.
Intervene to Sergent Rogers and his killer Squad.
Intervene to hide FFK's case file at EFCC.
Intervene to stop Ribadu and Soludo from becoming Governors.
Intervene to Silence Henry Okah from revealing Independence Day Bombers.
Intervene to Hide his wife's EFCC money laundry Charges.
Intervene to put Gen. Azazi 6 feet under for exposing Boko Haram Board of Trustees.
Intervene to suppress Dr. Davies from further exposing Boko Haram Sponsors.
Intervene to Silencing Dr. Oby and #BringBackOurGirls while exploiting its fame.

When it comes to Evil, Corruption, Insecurity and Misrule - expect GEJ to Intervene like a Pro.

Spot On!

(1) (Reply)

10 Signs That We're Headed Into World War Iii / Non-payment Of Monthly Pensions To PHCN Pensioners / Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.