Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" (1442 Views)

Bishop T.D Jakes And Minister Joe Wright On Homosexuality. / Shameless: Kerry Thanks Russia For Rescuing US Citizens From Yemen Air Strikes. / Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by DavidDylan(m): 2:18am On Nov 02, 2008
He called himself a plumber - turns out he had no plumbing license.

He said he was going to buy his business with an income of over $250,000/yr - turns out he lied.

He complained that Obama was going to increase his taxes if he earned above $250,000/yr - turns out he doesnt earn close to 50% of that sum and owes the state of Ohio back taxes (talk of patriotism).

He's claimed a vote for Obama is a vote to destroy Israel - Even Fox news was so disgusted they had to denounce his statement.

Now Joe "the plumber" . . . turns out his real name isnt even Joe, its Samuel . . . has hired a PR group to handle interviews, public engagements and has already said goodbye to his plumbing business.
"Joe" has also signed a recording contract since he believes he can sing and is capable of "knocking a guitar around".

Joe . . . sorry Samuel, i hope you will be nice enough to thank Obama for this 15 minutes of "fame" that you are now shamelessly trying to take advantage of.

When next you want to accuse Obama of lack of patriotism make sure u dont owe back taxes!
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by KarmaMod(f): 2:27am On Nov 02, 2008
Lol why couldnt it have been Sam the Plumber
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by chiogo(f): 2:30am On Nov 02, 2008
LOL, it cracks me up how they keep mentioning his name. Joe the plumber, joe the plumber.
Man, there's nothing wrong being a plumber but they didn't have to emphasize it so much.

McCain supposedly held a speech or something the other day and in the crowd was supposed to
be Joe the plumber. McCain called out for him in the crowd. Turns out he didn't even show up.

Anywayz, I don't care if Obama or McCain wins. lipsrsealed
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by HRhotness(f): 2:36am On Nov 02, 2008
LOl, I knw ther was summin dodgy about him when he kept popping up everywhere
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by 4Play(m): 2:44am On Nov 02, 2008
Can an ordinary American ask the The One questions without his personal life being ridiculed? Has "Joe The Plumber" told any more lies about his personal life than Obama.

He called himself a plumber - turns out he had no plumbing license.
No,a plumber in Ohio doesn't need a license unless its commercial work.
He said he was going to buy his business with an income of over $250,000/yr - turns out he lied.He complained that Obama was going to increase his taxes if he earned above $250,000/yr - turns out he doesnt earn close to 50% of that sum and owes the state of Ohio back taxes (talk of patriotism).
He said he was getting ready to buy a business that makes $250k a year,not that he makes that per annum. Yes,if he were to prosper and make that amount,his taxes will increase. Alternatively,if he were to sit on his backside waiting for welfare cheques,Obama will send him some tax rebates.
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by DavidDylan(m): 3:07am On Nov 02, 2008
4 Play:

Can an ordinary American ask the The One questions without his personal life being ridiculed? Has "Joe The Plumber" told any more lies about his personal life than Obama.

its not about "telling more lies" . . . its about people in glass houses not hurling rocks at their neighbours.

4 Play:

No,a plumber in Ohio doesn't need a license unless its commercial work.

He merely works for a plumbing business but has no license of his own. Technically he cant be called a plumber.

4 Play:

He said he was getting ready to buy a business that makes $250k a year,not that he makes that per annum. Yes,if he were to prosper and make that amount,his taxes will increase. Alternatively,if he were to sit on his backside waiting for welfare cheques,Obama will send him some tax rebates.

Well he lied, because he wasnt getting ready to buy anything and the company doesnt make close that.

the very rich in America pay higher taxes already anyway so whats new?

Can he pls pay the taxes he owes Ohio before bleating about Tax reform again?
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by 4Play(m): 3:23am On Nov 02, 2008
DavidDylan:

its not about "telling more lies" . . . its about people in glass houses not hurling rocks at their neighbours.

The only people that should be of concern to you are people running for political office not ordinary Americans. Indulging in voyeurism is pointless when the issues raised,Obama's tax plan,should be the most important thing.

He merely works for a plumbing business but has no license of his own. Technically he can't be called a plumber.

In Ohio,you can do residential work as a plumber without a plumbing license.

the very rich in America pay higher taxes already anyway so whats new?
Can he please pay the taxes he owes Ohio before bleating about Tax reform again?

If the very rich pay higher taxes,what's the economic rationale for asking them to pay more when almost half of the population don't even pay Federal income tax?

It makes perfect political sense to talk about "spreading the wealth".Vote for me and I will send you a cheque is always a vote winner but the idea that an ordinary man should be pilloried for asking tough questions beggars belief and conjures up images of a banana republic where ordinary people are afraid to ask tough questions of their politicians.
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by DavidDylan(m): 3:37am On Nov 02, 2008
4 Play:

It makes perfect political sense to talk about "spreading the wealth".Vote for me and I will send you a cheque is always a vote winner the idea that an ordinary man should be pilloried for asking tough questions but beggars belief and conjures up images of a banana republic where ordinary people are afraid to ask tough questions of their politicians.

that's not the issue at all. Others have asked even tougher questions and we dont bother with them.
what is particularly galling is the fact that here is a man who defaults on his taxes crying about having to pay more taxes.
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by 4Play(m): 3:42am On Nov 02, 2008
DavidDylan:

that's not the issue at all. Others have asked even tougher questions and we don't bother with them.
what is particularly galling is the fact that here is a man who defaults on his taxes crying about having to pay more taxes.

It's not about the man but the question of the appropriate level of taxation. The problem is that Obama supporters are personality driven.

Do you want to debate the message or the messenger?
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by ikeyman00(m): 5:15am On Nov 02, 2008
patent i shall say! na u sabi

personality driven, quite different from bbc, etc analist, beleive what u wana beleive,afterall this nairaland
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by DavidDylan(m): 12:51am On Nov 04, 2008
4 Play:

It's not about the man but the question of the appropriate level of taxation. The problem is that Obama supporters are personality driven.

Do you want to debate the message or the messenger?

Palin, McCain and Joe the plumber are not debating any message either.
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by McKren(m): 2:00am On Nov 04, 2008
this neither adds nor removes anything from this election but I somehow get tempted to think "Joe the plumber" and "ashley todd" where from same source.

It just happened that Ashley failed in her operation, otherwise John McCain would have gone on a Pennsylvania Ashley bus ride. Otherwise why did John McCain / Sarah Palin call Ashley immediately after the incident without vetting the story.

I still believe "Joe the Plumber" is a set piece.

U know I am not interested in the tax cuts I get today as a result of how much I already earn but more interested in some imaginary tax I will pay if I buy some immaginary company with some imaginary fund.

Someone should tell Republicans that the world has moved to an age where informations are a lot more accessible. Juvenile distractions dont work anymore.
Re: Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" by RichyBlacK(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2008
From the real Joe the Plumber (http://www.joelaratheplumber.com/):

Since the debate
Wednesday between
John McCain and
Barrack Obama, I have
received:   314,750 hits
on my website, over 300
phone calls, and
hundreds of e-mails.  I
have been interviewed
for several publications
and appeared on
Television 4 times, 
interviewed for the
Radio 3 times, made the
cover of the Local
newspaper twice and
met a lot of great
people, many of which
flattered me by asking
for autographs.   
Peace!
Joe Lara
Please be advised that I
am NOT the unlicensed
Plumber from Ohio who
was mentioned over 20
times in Wednesdays
Debate.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: National Assembly Set On Fire! (photo) / Hilarious Mugabe Quotes Trending On Social Media After Military Take Over / BREAKING: Angry Sri Lanka's Citizens Kill Politicians Over Rising Hunger (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.