Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President (804 Views)

Tension In Gabon As President Bongo Is Said To Be Of Nigerian Heritage / Femi Fani-Kayode Labels Obama as Anti-Christ / Joe "the Plumber" Becomes Joe "the Shameless Opportunist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President by BabyJinx: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2008
Joe the Plumber's take on Barack Obama's victory?

"Hey, the American people spoke. They elected Barack Obama as our president and our new Commander in Chief, and I’m behind that 100 percent," he said on Wednesday's The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet.

Even though he supported John McCain, he said he can "absolutely" accept Obama "as my president. Like I said, the people spoke."

Joe the Plumber, whose real name is Samuel Wurzelbacher, became an overnight media sensation after he was referred to at least 23 times by Obama and McCain in the final presidential debate.

"I wouldn't exactly say I'm happy ,  that would be kind of stupid," the Ohioan said of his newfound fame.

Next up?

"I formed a watchdog group to make sure he remembers he works for us," he said of Obama. "Everybody involved in politics - I'm going to make sure we hold them accountable,  try to make them a little more transparent to the American people.

He admitted during the election, "I did get caught up in it. America – as far as our political system and government - has always been of great interest to me. I teach it to my son; me and my friends talk about it.

"A lot of people are talking to me and asking me to continue to talk," he said, "so I'll keep doing it.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/joe-plumber-i-can-absolutely-accept-obama-as-president
Re: Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President by BabyJinx: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2008
From Joe the Plumber to Walt the Watchman.

Only in America grin grin
Re: Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President by SeanT21(f): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2008
Thanks God I do not have to hear from this fool again!!
Re: Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President by bodsibobo(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2008
@poster

what's the essence of this thread?
Re: Joe The Plumber Accepts Obama As President by DavidDylan(m): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2008
bodsibobo:

@poster

what's the essence of this thread?

You didnt have to respond.

@ topic - Joe the joker has lost all relevance now McCain lost the election.

(1) (Reply)

Kenyans: The Son You Abandoned Becomes President, / UK Tv (channel 4's) Racist Jibe At Black People As From The Jungle / Russian Intelligence Warned America About Boston Terrorists In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.