Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Describe Lagos In A Few Words - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Describe Lagos In A Few Words (14970 Views)

Man Was Cruising Around Lagos In A Green Car And A Green Outfit Sharing money / Oyibo Caught Easing Himself On A Bridge In Lagos (in Picture) / Lagos In The 60s\70s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by drollster(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2014
City of endless possibilities.
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2014
jungle..survival of the fittest
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by jaz(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2014
worst nigerian city.

ok, thats like 3 words
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by davo3286: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2014
Disorderly, noisy, dirty (air pollution especially)... Every body seems to be in a hurry in Lagos. Commercial motorcycle (I pray they are banned soon) riding at top speed on the wrong side of the road even on the expressway. In Lagos if you want to cross the express where there is no pedestrian bridge you must first look right, look left and right again before crossing else you find yourself in Igbobi (no thanks to the notorious, unruly okada riders). For me, Lagos is a no. I was born in Lagos, schooled there...in fact, I've live there 95% of my life. I have since left and pray nothing takes me back there permanently. There is this thing...once you leave Lagos to live in other cities like Enugu, Uyo, Abuja, PH, Ibadan, etc. and stay for 6months and above you will suddenly hate Lagos life. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by BolajiLagos: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2014
Home. ("Home" is where the heart is)
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Home sweet home...U can't be living in Allen and say Lagos is a shit...this is the place of endless opportunity.
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2014
Centre of 'stresscellence'.

Grossly overrated, has the tendency of bringing out the bad side of you and I believe cause a significant reduction in your lifespan.

4 Likes

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Mzflexydeeva(f): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Challenging
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by DAVE5(m): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
jarofclay: Babysmart.......loooooooong time, pls email your number, we still have much to gist about.Incase you're wondering who I am.We attended the same fellowship during pd, I keep my hair and we spoke about your love and my dislike for Chimmamnda amongst other things..... grin....pls don't mention my name here sha . I'm waiting for the number.

lagos is filled with people like this; STALKERS...

y u no want make hin mention ur name

1 Like

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
coded01: "A Land For Hustlers" grin grin

"A Land Where The Weak Becomes Strong" grin

"A Land Of Milk & Honey" cheesy grin

"A Land Of Rapid Traffic" shocked grin

"A Land Where Football Lovers Go Gaga" tongue grin

"The Central Commercial & Financial Capital Of Nigeria" cool

"The Most Populous State In Nigeria & Africa " cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na one word be this abi?
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by ZaBaene(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
I met an Irish guy in 1997 visiting Lagos (Nigeria) for the first time. I sought his opinion on Lagos, and he replied:
"If the world were to be a large a*s*s, Lagos would be its anus."

2 Likes

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Land of Hustle
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Centralised Over-Population....
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by tolutweety(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
After spending 95% of my life in lagos, I concluded the 'lasgidi state of mind' is just what you need to survive in this country...

Just then , i was proved wrong.
I went to a beautiful, peaceful and nicely organised city (CALABAR) and i asked myself why i would want to return to Lag again,but here i am again!

In my few words : ''LAGOS IS UNIQUE..'' EKO ONII BAJE OO
cheesy grin
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
ZaBaene: I met an Irish guy in 1997 visiting Lagos (Nigeria) for the first time. I sought his opinion on Lagos, and he replied:
"If the world were to be a large a*s*s, Lagos would be its anus."
grin cheesy grin
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Gabson91(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
I was in lag on 2 occasions,and must admit that i cant cope there, the shine your eye alarm by my friends kept comming. #teamkaduna#
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Too busy for the mind to slow down but fast enough for the pocket to grow fat. grin

1 Like

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Konquest: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
babysmart: I recently read a book titled 'How to be a good Lagosian' and being an indigene of lagos myself I jst felt proud to be able to call Lagos state my state of origin.
Lagos is the mother of all states because lagos has been home to people from all parts of the country frm years back and it will continue to be. This is why when u call someone a Lagosian, the person may not necessarily be an indigene of d state but someone who has stayed in lagos long enough to adapt to the hustle nd bustle, the energy which lagos is well known for.
To some people Lagos is home, to some its an energy, a force, to some its a training ground, anoda says it is an exciting city of chaos,some jst love the bukas and food, to some its a sea of people, for all and none....
So...what is ur definition of lagos?...what do u love about lagos?....
For me....its a city of life and I jst love the water smiley

@babysmart1

Which of the "Lagos" are you refering to?

[1] Lagos Island [the Island of Lagos]? or [2] Lagos State?

The former British administrative capital of Nigeria was located in the Marina axis of Lagos Island [the island of Lagos]
till 1991.

An Lagosian is an indigene of Lagos Island! An indigene of Lagos State from the Ijebu axis [Epe LGA, Ikorodu LGA, and
Ibeju-Lekki LGA] will NOT agree to being called Lagosians. They are LAGOS Ijebu.

Someone who lives in Lagos is a Lagos RESIDENT and NOT a LAGOSIAN. Funny enough, I have heard Gov. Fashola - and indigene
of Lagos Island who was born in 1963 make the mistake of refering to all Lagos residents as Lagosians - which is wrong! From
time, an indigene of Lagos Island is a Lagosian. By the way, I'm in my 40s and find it strange that Gov. Fashola makes that
that mistake like some others do - which simply means that on the subconscious level he has also been infected by the
herd instinct. smiley

Anyway, the two Lagos entities [Lagos Island and Lagos State are massive bundles of CONTRADICTIONS!

Enough said! wink

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by buchilino(m): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
hate it but still love it
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by superstar3: 12:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
LAGOS - Look and Go on Smartly
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by babysmart(f): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
smiley interesting comments...i appreciate...pls keep dem comin
@jarofclay....aw u doin...I'll try nd email u
@jefferyjamez...kul comment...shey mamaP don update? ... *runs to check*
@konquest.... I'm talking about lagos state....d whole of Lagos...

Eko o ni baje o....o baje tiiii....thumbs up 2 d governor....its soo sad another election is comin up
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by babysmart(f): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
DAVE5:

lagos is filled with people like this; STALKERS...

y u no want make hin mention ur name

tenx 4 ur concern sir bt actually he's nt a stalker...besides nairaland is an anonymous forum so mentionin one's name is nt necessarysmiley
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Konquest: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
babysmart: smiley interesting comments...i appreciate...pls keep dem comin
@jarofclay....aw u doin...I'll try nd email u
@jefferyjamez...kul comment...shey mamaP don update? ... *runs to check*
@konquest.... I'm talking about lagos state....d whole of Lagos...

Eko o ni baje o....o baje tiiii....thumbs up 2 d governor....its soo sad another election is comin up

@babysmart

OK! I understand YOU! wink

Lagos State administrators in the near-future should start thinking of reclaiming land from the sea
ala Eko Atlantic and also building more high-rise buildings to maximize space for future population
growth instead of the scattered bungalows we see around here.
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by babysmart(f): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Konquest:

@babysmart

OK! I understand YOU! wink

Lagos State administrators in the near-future should start thinking of reclaiming land from the sea
ala Eko Atlantic and also building more high-rise buildings to maximize space for future population
growth instead of the scattered bungalows we see around here.

actually I'm nt sure dat it's a gud idea to reclaim land frm sea although fashola has a gud motive....bt den Lagos is d lagoon state...also I think u av a gr8 misconception by thinking dat Lagos is made up of scattered bungalows...I may nt av travelled wide bt I bet dat most of d finest nd tallest buildings in Nigeria ar found in Lag.
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by babysmart(f): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
woah smiley so dis made front page...my first thread on NL...I feel gr8...big thanks to d mods
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by dnawah(m): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lagos grin
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by larrymoore(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Money and death
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by gentlestone(m): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
coded01: "A Land For Hustlers" grin grin

"A Land Where The Weak Becomes Strong" grin

"A Land Of Milk & Honey" cheesy grin

"A Land Of Rapid Traffic" shocked grin

"A Land Where Football Lovers Go Gaga" tongue grin

"The Central Commercial & Financial Capital Of Nigeria" cool

"The Most Populous State In Nigeria & Africa " cheesy cheesy cheesy
Eko oni baje!!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by dudutheboyyaho(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
back in d days, OSHODI before before
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by tunlex01(m): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
CRAZY
Especially going from Ikorodu to V. Island everyday. I can't just wait to get myself very close soon.
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by armadeo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lag is just that lag. The hustle is rough here if only traffic to frustrate you, people bashing your rude then either begging or holding ground.

Lagos ain't for the faint hearted. Here

The hustle us real.
Re: Describe Lagos In A Few Words by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Over hyped

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Video of Rat showering like a human goes viral." [Copied] / Pastor Prince Winner Involved In Accident On Kaduna Road (Photos) / Checkout Picture Of The World's Fattest & Smallest Horses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.