Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Exploring Moses' Bronze Snake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exploring Moses' Bronze Snake (584 Views)

SA Pastor Prays Snake Spirit Into Members, Then Sends Them To Nigeria - Pics / Mob Destroys South Africa Snake Pastor's Church, Set It On Fire (photos) / Woman Vomits Python Snake During Spiritual Deliverance In Church In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exploring Moses' Bronze Snake by esere826: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Things are not always either black or white

Gather around me children let me tell you a story
this story will help you understand or meander your way past religious issues

It also concerns different christian doctrines that seem to polarise people
So, you might see someone at a loss to explain why a MOG will go a-slapping little kids,
building unfortified structures that fail, carrying out miracles like its a juju show (i like that wan sha grin)
or massaging his pipi with vaseline while his wife is cast aside in a long distant island

Many times when believers see such happenings they are so confused and end up taking sides
surmarising that either the pastor has been lied against, or the pastor is from the devil.

But come my little one, I'll share a little insight
Re: Exploring Moses' Bronze Snake by esere826: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
Looking past the snake

Numbers 21: 4-9 tells a story

When the children of Israel dwelled in the wilderness
God sent fiery serpents upon them. the serpents bit them and some died
They cried out to God, and God told moses to make a fiery serpent and set it on a standard/pole
anyone that was bitten by these poisnous snakes were to look upon the serpent on the pole and be saved
and Moses did just that and it worked.

Likewise it is today
we have been bitten by all kinds of God-like doctrines

Some, if not all of these doctrines have at least some destructive elemenents in them
especially as they are concoctions of what their founders think is the truth

Nevertheless, just like the snake wrapped around the pole
as long as these doctrines are wrapped around the standard of eternal life in Jesus
they do offer some form of relief
and when we take a look at our various doctrinal dispositions, the more closely you look, the more you see past the snakes
and look unto Christ the standard where life truly is.

Re: Exploring Moses' Bronze Snake by Jameselias: 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
So what are isulnating
Re: Exploring Moses' Bronze Snake by esere826: 5:19am On Sep 17, 2014
Jameselias: So what are isulnating
??
sorry, i don't understand your statement or question

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Christian Bigot? / Enjoy A Good Laugh... Happy Sunday Folks / Same Category Of Ignorance (please Read This!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.