Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker (12632 Views)

Earn N50000-N100000 Monthly Into Your Nigerian Bank Account / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) / Cyber Cafe Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by wiringdpt(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2014
Omo see better runz
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Lovexme(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2014
Caracta:

People who get paid 1m per month still steal. It's not about money, it's about greed.

True. Exactly why I said man's quest for more money wouldn't let us be contented.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Lovexme(m): 9:47am On Sep 17, 2014
olaeffect:

You are correct, most of these IT guys (not industrial attachment ooo) are contract staff in most bank and they are now easy prey for fraudsters. How can banks expect to cut cost by using contract staff as system engineers.
As the saying goes: "If you keep looking for ways to pay peanuts; you will soon end up employing monkeys"

Their is no excuse for stealing sha. Please don't ever steal from a bank you will be caught. The money no be bank own grin

Well said.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by boneruns(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2014
100Cents:

IT staff is a contract staff.

Blame the banks who pay such staff N50k or N60k per month..

But a thief is still a thief..

How do you know that the fraudster was a contract IT staff and he was being paid 60 to 70k? Do you presently work in any bank and you're privileged to understand IT governance and organizational structure?

Please don't generalize, not all IT staff are contract, except you meant IT support staff. No bank will entrust their core IT asset to contract staff, and assign them admin privilege. Don't make a mess on Bank Management because they aren't dull.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by eyamensah(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2014
I wonder how i posted dis same story at 3.40pm yesterday and d admins ignored it only for someone else to post same story at 8pm and its made a front page material...

https://www.nairaland.com/1905914/bank-employee-steals-wanted-efcc

pls is nairaland turning to a cabal where only certain persons posts are considered good enough for the front page I want to know the modalities of making a post a frontpage material

2 Likes

Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by 100Cents: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2014
boneruns:

How do you know that the fraudster was a contract IT staff and he was being paid 60 to 70k? Do you presently work in any bank and you're privileged to understand IT governance and organizational structure?

Please don't generalize, not all IT staff are contract, except you meant IT support staff. No bank will entrust their core IT asset to contract staff, and assign them admin privilege. Don't make a mess on Bank Management because they aren't dull.

What makes one an I.T. staff if he lacks Admin Privileges ?

This is I.T. branch support staff and all of them are like your branch secretaries..

Which bank makes them core staff except for their few Ogas in head office..? Just mention one...
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2014
It's Skye Bank..

TOKUGAWA: So far, the bank at the centre of the theft has not been named.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:36am On Sep 17, 2014
Seun et al..
Attend to this matter..

eyamensah: I wonder how i posted dis same story at 3.40pm yesterday and d admins ignored it only for someone else to post same story at 8pm and its made a front page material...

https://www.nairaland.com/1905914/bank-employee-steals-wanted-efcc

pls is nairaland turning to a cabal where only certain persons posts are considered good enough for the front page I want to know the modalities of making a post a frontpage material
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by TOKUGAWA(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2014
TheRealAdonye: Seun et al..
Attend to this matter..

Bros,i checked online to see if the topic had already been posted before i posted mine.Infact,this is the first time i'll be making frontpage on Nairaland since i joined in 2008.So,nothing like Cabal o.

1 Like

Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by eyamensah(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2014
TOKUGAWA: Bros,i checked online to see if the topic had already been posted before i posted mine.Infact,this is the first time i'll be making frontpage on Nairaland since i joined in 2008.So,nothing like Cabal o.

Allow the person who decides wat goes to d frontpage answer d question...as u can see there is evidence that d same story was posted by me at 3.46pm dats more dan 4hrs b4 u did same
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by eyamensah(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2014
TOKUGAWA: Bros,i checked online to see if the topic had already been posted before i posted mine.Infact,this is the first time i'll be making frontpage on Nairaland since i joined in 2008.So,nothing like Cabal o.

Am not struggling for frontpage but i feel der shudnt be a sense of bias in such dealings
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by TOKUGAWA(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2014
I only want you to know that i got nothing to do with it.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by eyamensah(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2014
TOKUGAWA: I only want you to know that i got nothing to do with it.

Broz i know dat so let those who had a hand init respond accordingly
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by blank(f): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Their internal control processes are poor. Why could it not be detected earlier?

CBN needs to investigate SKYE bank better because i do not understand how they were able to let such a crime happen and for such a large amount without it setting off alarms.

1 Like

Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Archildao: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
gidzbobby: I hope this doesn't affect my own IT o, cus na bank sure pass.
Dumb!And You Wana Marry Seun's Daughter...SMH
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by chinkichun: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
gidzbobby: I hope this doesn't affect my own IT o, cus na bank sure pass.

bros, IT as in "information technology", not industrial training grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
The guy obviously had a complete fraud triangle...motivation, OPPORTUNITY , rationalisation

I guess his motivation here should be greed...

OPPORTUNITY: This is definitely the most important in any fraud scenario, once they get that opportunity, they hit it 'bang' , leaving people asking questions.

These opportunities arise due to...grey areas in rules , abuse of authority, POOR CONTROLS, POOR CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, LACK OF SEGREGATION OF DUTIES,etc

Then rationalisation
-They don't pay me enough, I'll never get caught, THEY CAN AFFORD IT

Whichever way it is, this is definitely a high level E-channel fraud, that calls for control measures in the financial institutions.
Wherever this guy is chilling, I don't think it's worth his freedom, I doubt the bank would let such an amount go with the winds.

1 Like

Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by DaBullIT(m): 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
The perpetrator and his gang are the new RICH GANG

Sipping mai tai driving armored ford mustang GT550 in Cuba. Since 1709
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by iamastar: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
I have worked in a bank for years. This kind of fraud is easy to track down unless it is backed by the Oga at the top. One the I.t guy does not have the overriding password to withdraw such amount.
2. The system cannot allow such transaction to take place on weekend.
3. Such huge amount can hardly be withdrawn as cash, since most banks are going cashless.
4. It is traceable. Since it is debit and credit kind of transaction.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Papertrail11(m): 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
no wire no light

dasss ma chorment
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by rotymie: 3:54am On Sep 18, 2014
cool cool
iwakolewa: With such a large amount stolen, he can disappear for some years if he wishes to,make dem find am sharply o
sharp guy wey go don disappear..... na mumu u think say he be. he fit dey dis country make den no c am and d mata don die down my sharp guy go surface.
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Shinsam: 4:16am On Sep 18, 2014
$40m in naija currency ℓ̊§ abt N600m nd nt N25m
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Larryjay1: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2014
badman thing
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Alubosa: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
myescrow: The dude is probably out of Nigeria . And the cash withdrawn. If he did a wire transfer to countries like Mexico, Turkey. Then the money is long gone. Untraceable.

God bless u jare!!! U 4got to mention Swizz
Re: Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker by Alubosa: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
iamastar: I have worked in a bank for years. This kind of fraud is easy to track down unless it is backed by the Oga at the top. One the I.t guy does not have the overriding password to withdraw such amount.
2. The system cannot allow such transaction to take place on weekend.
3. Such huge amount can hardly be withdrawn as cash, since most banks are going cashless.
4. It is traceable. Since it is debit and credit kind of transaction.

Ur monicker says "i am a star" oga!! U must be fool!!! Who employed a fvcktard like u into the banking industry? As a cleaner- i guess! Cuz u v just proven beyond a reasonable doubt that ur brain size is that of a clitoriizs....

Who told u they would withdraw cash? Ode ni e! Tufulu is ur first name! Ur father's name must be Mufutau Didinrin and ur last name must be Sule Oponu!

They need no withdraw cash! They can get like 6 major BDC (Beareu De Change) and wire 1Bn to each and get the $USD equivalent. They can as well buy diamonds, gold or other precious stones (Mind u nothing would happen to the BDC guys or d Diamond Fencers)! Better still they can wire the funds to countries like Swiz, Turkey, Mexico or any free-world country! They can as well stay back in naija and settle d EFCC boiz 1.5Bn outta d 6Bn and relax

Hope i've schooled u enuf.........next time think b4 u run 4 ur keyboard

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wiring Circuit Diagram For Inverter, Grid And Generator / Spectranet 4g Lte And Swift 4g Lte Browsing Free On Pc With Zero Naira (fastest) / How Can I See My Girlfriend Whatsapp Chat Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.