Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story (15845 Views)

HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
LOVE or WEALTH (Ep 1)
Its almost 5:30am in the morning, its almost getting to the solstice period (longer day shorter night) of the year, the clouds are gathering up, though it can not be seen, but the smell of an impending heavy rain could be perceived as a lady carries a big bowl with a sleeping baby in it. She looks up at the building beside her to ensure she's at the right place. Quickly, she looks around and drops the Baby in front of the gate, making it obvious for whoever comes out to see it, after which she went to a corner to hide herself. About fifteen minutes later, the baby started crying and the security man heard him. He traces where he suspects the cry may be coming from. He found the bowl and notices the ankara material in the bowl is moving. He checks and found the baby in it and takes him inside the building.
..................................................................................
Bisade is a very rich and influential man. He's in his late fifties, good looking, very intelligent and shrewd. He's a man of his word. He is generous in his own little way but believes in one eating from his own sweat.
He owns a multinational firm worth billions of naira, but nevertheless, he tries his best not to allow his wealth get into his son's head...but the contrary is Mary's opinion. She believes otherwise.
Mary, Bisade's wife, is a very cunning woman who believes in getting whatever she wants, whichever way possible. She's very discreet in her dealings with others and never allows people into her world, except you have a good reason to. Mary can be very defensive when the need arises, she believes she can maneuver any situation to please herself when necessary. Some years back, when Bisade's company was still growing, they decided to go into a new business deal that involves the use of cocoa. The company had to purchase a lot of cocoa. They decided it was better they got a cocoa farm where they can plant and re-plant cocoa.
Bisade wanted to get the land himself, he went down to his Father's village to get a cocoa plantation. Its been long he visited the village. He went that day to seek for the assistance of some relatives.
They sat outside sipping some palm-wine as they discussed....)
BABA : since my brother, your father died...(Adjustsas he brings out some kolanuts from his pocket) you decided never to come back here again, ehn....?
BISADE : Baba Agba, its not like that. Its work...
AKANDE : hmm....look, any river that forgets its source.....hmm....you know the completion of that adage o.
BISADE : uncle, I know....don't worry, I will come here more often now. I'm going to have business to do here from now.
AKANDE : hmm mm...what business is that?
BISADE : I want to buy a cocoa plantation.
AKANDE : ehn ehn....that's no problem...a lot of people have cocoa plantation in this village. They will sell if the price will be good.
BABA AGBA : what do you want to use cocoa plantation for?
BISADE : its going to be for a beverage so I need it in large quantity.
BABA AGBA : hmm....(thinking about what Bisade just said as he eats his kolanut)...but....why buying off the land? Will you be here to cultivate it?
BISADE : (thinking about it)....hmm....that's true o....I was thinking I will get workers to work on it.
BABA AGBA : even if you'll get workers, will you be here to supervise and monitor them? Or you want to put someone there that will ruin the business for you?
BISADE : hmm...you have a point....what then do you think I can do?
BABA AGBA : why not buy off the cocoa on it?
AKANDE : but what if that one finish?
BABA AGBA : this is what you will do. You will strike a bargain with the cocoa farmers telling them that you want to be a regular buyer of their cocoa. That is, they should not be selling to anybody except you. That way you can have someone who will always re-plant cocoa for you. But if you tell them to sell the land for you, you will still have to look for those who will cultivate the land in your absence.
AKANDE : hmm....that's true.
BISADE : ....Baba Agba, you are right! Thanks for that wisdom!
BABA AGBA : Akande...(Turnsto Akande)... just introduce him to those who will do business with him.
AKANDE : I will....but don't forget my own part of the share o.
BISADE : haha Uncle trust me nau... .....................
Akande took Bisade to the cocoa Farmers in the village, they are all eager to do business with him. Each of the farmers decided to show him the plantation in order for him to know what he will be paying for. This routine he did for about two days.
The third day, he was checking out another plantation when he received message that his son had an accident which landed him in the hospital. Bisade rushed there to know the condition of his only son.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mary had been at the hospital before Bisade got there. On hearing that the boy was in a critical condition, Bisade went to see the Doctor while Mary stayed with the boy in the ward...)
DOCTOR : Sir your son lost a lot of blood. We'll need to do a blood transfusion. We have taken your wife's blood but we don't know whose blood will be compatible with the boy's, so.....
BISADE : (cuts in)....my wife's blood? (Surprised)
DOCTOR : (seeing the surprise on Bisade's face)...yes your wife's, any problem?
BISADE : em....No, there's no problem at all, I'm just confused.
DOCTOR : confused? Why will you be? You both are his parents so its logical he gets blood from one of you.
BISADE : what if our blood is not compatible with his?
DOCTOR : why won't it? You're his biological parents ain't you? We'll have to test your blood to know if its okay and which to use between yours and your wife...(Dropping the files in his hands) let's go please, we can't waste time.
(They went to get his blood and some hours later the Doctor calls Bisade into his office....)
BISADE : Doctor what's going on?
DOCTOR : sir we have a problem...
Few days later, Made was discharged from the hospital. His mother took him home while Bisade went back to the farm to complete his business transaction....)
To be continued....

1 Like

Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
EP 2
Bisade was on one of his trips with Akande, when he met Aduke, carrying a basket of food on her head while walking down the path...)
BISADE : (surprised, as his car approaches her)...haha you're still in this village?...(He parks the car beside her)
ADUKE : yes...(putting down the basket on her head)
AKANDE : you know her?
BISADE : yes. We used to be sweethearts back then.
AKANDE : oh...really?
BISADE : (looks at Akande) yes Uncle we even talked of getting married...(Jokingly)
AKANDE : haha....you were very young then, because I can remember that man took you to the city very early.
BISADE : yes Uncle. I was about fifteen then.
AKANDE : hmm...
BISADE : (turns to Aduke)...how are you now?
ADUKE : I'm fine.
BISADE : so you married here?
ADUKE : hmm...married?
AKANDE : Aduke is not yet married.
BISADE : (surprised he turns to look at Akande)....what! Is that a joke or something? (Turns to Aduke)...You'renot married?
ADUKE : ...what can I do?
BISADE : we should sit and talk. See, I'll be at home throughout today, can you come?
ADUKE : come? To your family house? No o.
BISADE : okay where are you staying?....areyou still staying at your old house?
ADUKE : yes.
BISADE : then I'll come back and check on you.
ADUKE : okay o.
BISADE : oh let me drop you off there, because I'm not so sure I can remember the way there...
ADUKE : okay... (He gets down, helps her put the basket in the boot and drives down to her house to drop her off. She bades them goodbye and Bisade drives off...)
AKANDE : she's such a decent girl.
BISADE : really?
AKANDE : yes. She turned down the King's son then.
BISADE : are you serious? (Surprised)Why?
AKANDE : yes, because he's so proud and arrogant, you need to see the way he mal-treats the villagers.
BISADE : which of the King's sons?
AKANDE : Agbede of course. The same one that's the king now.
BISADE : I'm not surprised. He has always been after Aduke ever since!
AKANDE : you need to know what he's turned to, now that he's king... He became worse than he used to be. Even the elders that put him there are now regretting it.
BISADE : but didn't they foresee all these? I mean, I think there's a way they check the future or something like that...
AKANDE : of course they did. They didn't put the right person there. Agbede bribed them.
BISADE : oooh...
AKANDE : just like there was nothing he didn't do for Aduke to just say yes. He almost became her slave.
BISADE : are you serious?!
AKANDE : yes. I still believe if Aduke had married him, may be he may have changed...
BISADE : hmm....possibly...but I don't trust him. He hated me then because I was always with Aduke.
AKANDE : you see, for we men, women are our weaknesses....aparticular woman for each man.
BISADE : you're right....but why didn't Aduke marry him?
AKANDE : who knows... **************
Later that evening, Bisade goes to Aduke's place. As he entered into the old and haggard looking house, he couldn't but notice the poverty level of Aduke and her mother....)
ADUKE : come inside.
BISADE : what of Mama?...(Following her into her room)
ADUKE : sit down. (Placing a wooden chair for him)...she went to the farm.
BISADE : (looking at the wooden chair, checking how strong it is...)
haa this late? (He sits down)
ADUKE : She will be sleeping over there, the palm oil makers are there with her and they work overnight...
BISADE : oh so you're home alone.
ADUKE : yes....what should I offer you? I have fresh palm wine.
BISADE : hmm...that's good!
ADUKE : food?
BISADE : oh don't worry about that. Iya Adisa had already made food by the time we got home so I've eaten.
ADUKE : ok....(She serves him palm wine)
BISADE : so tell me about yourself...whathas been happening to you? Why are you not married yet?
ADUKE : (takes a deep breath)...because only one man owns my heart and he was no where to be found.
BISADE : how? What happened to him?
ADUKE : years ago, we promised to wait for each other. I believe that promise still stands, so I've been waiting, and I'm grateful I saw him today. He's the only person I can give my heart and body to.
BISADE : (tries to relate her story to his)... wait...are you referring to me?
ADUKE : (surprised)...who else told me to wait for him that day? Who else do you think I'm talking about?
BISADE : my God!....you mean you waited? I mean 'waiting'....but you're not getting any younger, Aduke, you should be about 34 years now.
ADUKE : yes....I am but I don't break my vows.
(There was silence for sometime)
BISADE : (thinking of everything Akande said and what has been going on)...hmm..
ADUKE : and you, did you keep your promise?
BISADE : Aduke....(Looksat her in the dim light that lite up the room)...my Aduke...you are still very beautiful...I can't believe you waited this long. Its almost 20 years.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
ADUKE : I would have waited longer, but God brought you to me today...(She moves closer and kneels before him) Bisade....I have missed you..(she hugs him. Bisade could not push her away, he suddenly remembers the promises they made to each other. How they used to run around trees and go to the farm and river together. For a split moment the feeling came rushing back. He remembers then when he would try to kiss her but she would say "No, till we are married". He remembers all his fantasies about life with Aduke.
He holds her tightly, then he kisses her and this time, she did not refuse him, he was surprised...thinking 'oh she's grown up'...
With all the stress involved, seeing she has never known a man, he sleeps with her, without saying anything about his marital life.
The following morning, as early as 5am, he woke Aduke up....)
ADUKE : good morning...(Stretching on her bed)
BISADE : good morning Aduke....how was your night?
ADUKE : the best all my life!...(Smiling)
BISADE : come...(liftingher up from the bed)..we have to talk....
To be continued....
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
I love plays.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Hameenat94(f): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2014
Dis is wonderful!!!!! I luv pays buh its rarely seen here... Ride on
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 6:09am On Sep 18, 2014
EP 3
(Aduke sits beside him to listen to what he has to say...)
BISADE : (feeling uncomfortable with the situation)....Aduke
ADUKE : yes.
BISADE : I want to tell you everything that happened after I left this village almost 20 years ago.
ADUKE : okay.
BISADE : remember the man that took me to the city?
ADUKE : yes that rich man.
BISADE : I was working in his company as his messenger, at the same time I was going to school. One day I discovered his brother had planned to kill him.
ADUKE : really! How?
BISADE : he tampered with the brakes of the car knowing Mr Silva was traveling with the car. So I told him. He was grateful I saved his life so he promoted me. From then I earned some money and started my own business....oneday, after my business had grown big I told him I'm leaving but he begged me not to leave. He said I'm the only one he can hand the company over to.
ADUKE : haha doesn't he have children?
BISADE : he has.....just one......a girl.
ADUKE : Can't she handle it?
BISADE : its a big company...she can't handle it alone.
ADUKE : okay.
BISADE : and before that could happen.....(He looks at her face, feeling so reluctant to bring the words out) I have to marry her....
ADUKE : (surprised)...haha....how can he use that kind of a thing to hold you down?....anywaywhat did you now tell him?
BISADE : I told him I will think about it.
ADUKE : haha....you should have told him you already have someone you want to marry....why thinking about it?
BISADE : Aduke.....(Holding her hand)...we were young when we made those promises....
ADUKE : Yes, we were, but a promise is a debt.
BISADE : y...yes...but then I only took it has child's play...after a while I felt we've out grown it.
ADUKE : (surprised)...out-grown the promise?....(Thinking about their discussion again)Bisade...wait....so what then happened?....did you agree to marry her?....(Standing up)
BISADE : Aduke....I didn't mean to hurt you....(He couldn't look at her eyes)
ADUKE : wait!.....you married her!.....No... Tell me you didn't....(Tears flowing down her eyes profusely).....Bisade! You came back 3 years later and we still renewed that promise!.....wedid!....(Goes to kneel before him crying)...please tell me you didn't marry her?!
BISADE : Aduke....(Holding her to lift her up)....Aduke....I didn't mean to hurt you...
ADUKE : (she runs to a corner of the room) No! No! Nooo! (Hitting the window in anger)...no! I was stupid! I am very foolish! To have thought....(Sheturns back to look at Bisade who is now standing behind her)....so you're married?
BISADE : Aduke...
ADUKE : (cuts in)....answer me! You are married? (Seeing he couldn't give a reply).......leave my house!
BISADE : wait Aduke, let's talk about this...
ADUKE : I said leave my house! Now!
BISADE : Aduke....pleasedon't send me away like this...
ADUKE : (unable to control the tears)...I kept this body from every man, just for you! I kept this heart from loving any man but you, only for you to go and marry another woman....and to top it up, you made me sleep with a married man! Me, Aduke! Haa! (Breaks down crying) Bisade! You slept with me knowing you're married! I curse the day I met you!....
BISADE : Aduke! How can you say that..(Trying to calm her down) ADUKE : don't touch me! Don't you ever touch me! You wicked man!
BISADE : please calm down and lets...
ADUKE : (cuts in)...leave my house now! I said leave! (She pushes him out)...just go..
(As she was doing that, her mother was walking back to the house. She saw, from afar what her daughter was doing from. Bisade saw Aduke's mother but felt so ashamed to talk to her, he gets into the car and drives away close to tears. Adunni sees her daughter crying, and she runs to her....)
ADUNNI : what is wrong Aduke? Who was that I just saw?
ADUKE : Mama! (Crying) Mama! I destroyed my own life with my hands! Haaa.....Aduke this is where you end it!
ADUNNI : what nonsense is coming out of your mouth! Stop saying that! What happened?
ADUKE : Mama....(She could not make the words come out of her mouth)....
ADUNNI : are you not the one I'm talking to? I said what happened?
(Aduke could not make those words come out of her mouth, she just kept quiet.
(Meanwhile, Bisade drives back to Akande's house thinking of his carelessness...)
BISADE : I am stupid! I should have told her I was married even before anything....I was selfish....I should have stopped myself from touching her....(Hits the steering wheel) ....Aduke does not deserve what I did to her. She's been waiting for me for years while I went ahead and married Mary, only to come and take the only thing that matters to her.... now what did I gain from that?.... I feel terrible....I wish I hadn't come back at all...if only I knew that she's still waiting....(He gets home and as he was parking, was met by Akande)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 6:14am On Sep 18, 2014
AKANDE : young man why didn't you tell us you'll not be coming home? You got us all worried?
BISADE : (getting down) I'm sorry Uncle, I didn't plan it.
AKANDE : Anyway, we have a problem.
BISADE : what happened?
AKANDE : all the farmers are becoming difficult.
BISADE : how? Why? I don't understand.
AKANDE : they are saying they can't sell to you.
BISADE : haha, why will they say that? After all, we all had a good deal to which they were happy.
AKANDE : one of them told me Agbede is behind it.
BISADE : (surprised)....why?
AKANDE : Digba said he told them that if they should sell to you, he will make things more difficult for them in this village.
BISADE : shit! Why is that guy so after me? What did I ever do to him.
AKANDE : didn't you say he has always hated you....
BISADE : (thought for a while)...wait don't tell me he's doing this all because of Aduke!....this is disgusting!
AKANDE : let's go and see Egbon mi (my eldest brother) he may know what we can do.
BISADE : okay. I wouldn't want to miss this deal because its the best I've got.
(They both go to Baba Agba's house to see him. They explain everything to him and after thinking for a while...)
BABA AGBA : we have to outsmart Agbede.
AKANDE : but how, Egbon mi?
BABA AGBA : Bisade, let's stage an act.
BISADE : how?
BABA AGBA : tell some of your workers to come down to do exactly what you did. Don't leave before they come. Let them come has strangers. Let them act like they're coming to take the deal from you. That way, we get to fool Agbede and all the farmers. Look for a way to call them to come so they meet you here before you leave, tell them what they should do before they get here and then you can leave as if they took the business from you...
BISADE : hmm....that's a good idea!
BABA AGBA : but its better you don't come back. With the way I see things, Agbede is out to get you.
AKANDE : that boy is such a bastard! Now all this will affect me!
BISADE : don't worry Uncle, I will still see you as we have agreed.
AKANDE : thank you.
BISADE : Baba Agba, Uncle (looks at both of them)...if this deal doesn't fall off my hands, I promise to build a house each for both of you.
AKANDE : really! That's my boy.
BABA AGBA : I'm getting old already son.
BISADE : don't worry Baba Agba, you will enjoy before you join your fore fathers. (Bisade did as he was told and the deal was sealed by his workers on his behalf.)
(Aduke still didn't tell her mother anything.
About two months later...)
ADUNNI : Aduke, you have been sleeping all day for the past few days, what is wrong with you?
ADUKE : nothing Mama.
ADUNNI : nothing!.....you have been so sluggish, not doing your work well at the farm....(Looks at her well)....Aduke,are you sure you're not pregnant?
ADUKE : (then it dawns on her)...pregnant?
ADUNNI : yes pregnant.
ADUKE : no...no....I can't be....I shouldn't be pregnant...(Crying)
ADUNNI : Aduke... What did you do?.....wait, does it have anything to do with the man I saw the other day? You know you didn't say anything about it...
ADUKE : Maami......(Shegoes to hug her mother)...maami.....why is this happening to me...(Crying)
ADUNNI : Aduke....(Holding her)...you know you're the only one I have....please tell me what is going on. Who was that man, what was he doing here? Where do you know him?
ADUKE : Maami....(Crying, she explains everything to her mother)
ADUNNI : what! You allowed him sleep with you! Is that how I brought you up Aduke! Why! Look now you're pregnant! What will people say? What will they call you?....and I told you o, I told you.....when you stubbornly said you will wait for that boy...
ADUKE : Mama, he didn't tell me he was married...(Still crying)
ADUNNI : I brought you up never to sleep with a man till he has paid your bride price!
ADUKE : Mama....don't blame me please (still crying)...I was so happy, I thought he had finally come back to do our wedding.
ADUNNI : and did you allow him to say that before you gave yourself to him?
ADUKE : (crying)...mama...please help me....I can't take this.....I just want to die
ADUNNI : now you're going to have a child out of wedlock, for a married man for that matter.....God,what kind of problem is this....
ADUKE : forgive me Mama...please....
ADUNNI : God...how I've prayed to see the day my daughter will go to her husband's house....(Crying)...all the villagers have been mocking me...now this....(She looks at Aduke and realizes what she needs to do is to comfort her, she remembers how her husband had died before she had Aduke and there was nobody to help and comfort her....) Its alright... We'll get through this together....
To be continued....
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2014
EP 4
(Adunni moves close to her to hold and console her only daughter...)
ADUNNI : Aduke...we have to let him know...
ADUKE : (stands up while cutting in)...what? Tell him what....No Mama, I won't tell him anything.
ADUNNI : (surprised) haha! Why?
ADUKE : no Mama, I...I don't want to destroy his marriage. His wife is not to blame for what he did to me.
ADUNNI : you don't want to destroy his marriage? Who is talking about destroying his marriage...I said he should know that he got you pregnant.
ADUKE : no Mama, I don't want to have anything to do with him again. I don't ever want to see him again.
ADUNNI : Aduke...so you want to have a child without a father?
ADUKE : Mama, I will have and take care of the baby myself. (With tears in her eyes)...Its my mistake and I will deal with it. I've wasted almost 20 years of my life waiting for him. I hoped on a childhood dream for years, only to end up knowing that the man I was stupidly waiting for, is now married. I can't even believe myself.....
ADUNNI : you both grew up together, its normal. He was like your twin, you both did everything together. You had a bond...
ADUKE : Mama, I neglected all the friends that advised me against waiting for Bisade... They all warned me but I said I won't listen till Bisade says he doesn't want me or I hear that he's dead. I prayed for him every night that God should bless the work of his hands, so that he can return to me successful... But now ....he came back only to kill me while still alive....(Sobbing)...no, I won't tell him I'm pregnant.
ADUNNI : but Aduke...
ADUKE : (cuts in) Mama please (kneels before her mother)...let it stay that way, please, I beg of you.... Seeing Bisade again will make things more difficult for me....I remember how Agbede kept begging me....he did everything...
ADUNNI : (cuts in)...Aduke, not like Agbede....Agbede is a monster.... monster....
ADUKE : Bisade is worse... He has killed me Mama, he killed me every dream and hope I had left in me...(Still crying)...now who will marry me with a child?...men came when I was at my peak, but I refused them all, because of Bisade...now I believe I was really foolish...thosetimes, when my friends mocked me, I usually pity them inside of me, because I felt they are only doing it because they don't know what beautiful future and marriage awaited me...(Chuckles in tears)...littledid I know that their mockery was a sign for me to move on without Bisade....(Shaking her head)...Mama...I destroyed my own self...if only I had asked and listened to him that day....I wouldn't have given myself to him...
ADUNNI : (close to tears to)...its okay my daughter, its okay...(She hugs her)...stop crying...we will get through this together...
Bisade never asked his wife how she handled the issue of the blood that was given to their son, neither did he talk about the incident again.
They've always had a strange relationship for years, both keeping to his/herself. They only speak to each other when necessary, perhaps when it has to do with business or serious family issues.
This particular night, while laying her bed, Mary thought it wise to talk to her husband...)
MARY : how is the production going?
BISADE : very well thanks.
MARY : now that you've finally left our company, I hope you're fulfilled...
BISADE : well....I can't serve another man's head all my life.
MARY : so leaving me with it is the best?
BISADE : Mary, its your father's company. I've been running it for him for almost 10years now. Running both your father's company and mine is not doing my company any good. I've put you through all you need to know, its time I faced mine.
MARY : well....what can I say. BISADE : in case you have any kind of problem just let me know.
MARY : no thanks, I can handle it.
BISADE : I hope you understand that I have to fulfill my own dreams too.
MARY : whatever....(Laying the bed)
BISADE :....oh, less I forget...when was the last time you saw Sister Anna?
MARY : (going to sit by the dressing table)...SisterAnna? Why would I? I've not been to that place for over three years now.
BISADE : oh.
MARY : (wondering why he asked)....why did you ask?
BISADE : because....she asked of Made, I was thinking she knew about the accident.
MARY : no she doesn't.
BISADE : oh...okay....Made must be missing her you know...
MARY : no he's not.
BISADE : (surprised)...how would you know?
MARY : because he didn't ask of her.
BISADE : oh he didn't...?
MARY : at all.....(Cleaning her face with the cleanser)
BISADE : alright....I should sleep now. Good night.
MARY : good night.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2014
Bisade stayed away from the village like he was advised to, while his workers did the business on his behalf.
Bisade's Lawyer is his very close friend, one who has been there for him through thick and thin, he has passed the test of time and Bisade trusts him totally.
They sat at Bisade's office talking and drinking a glass of chapman each...)
BISADE : how was your trip?
SEGUN : mehn, I've missed everything here.
BISADE : (laughs) especially amala with gbegiri and ewedu soup!
SEGUN : trust me, amala joint was the first place I branched while coming from the airport.....
BISADE : I trust you! You better go and get married this man...
SEGUN : so....come let's re-visit that issue of your old girl friend again, you know I really didn't get the full gist through the phone.
BISADE : guy...I was amazed myself....(He explains the whole scenario with Aduke to him)
SEGUN : I don't believe you! You mean she waited...
BISADE : believe me Segun she did, body and soul...
SEGUN : haa!....only a village girl can do that Bisade! If she had been in the city, trust me she would have married someone else or gone haywire.
BISADE : Segun, I felt really bad.
SEGUN : just look at you....and you ended up marrying who?.....you know I was never in support of your marriage with that Mary of a girl.
BISADE : Segun, I owe that to her father...
SEGUN : hmm....anyway.... how did it end?
BISADE : you know....that was my first experience in taking a girl's virginity...
SEGUN : woaw! (Sitting up) But she tried o!....at what age?
BISADE : 34!
SEGUN : what! How did you do it, it must be as hard as tapoline!
BISADE : (laughing) it wasn't easy but I scaled through o...and guess what she's still as beautiful as ever...
SEGUN : hmm...bad guy!....(Laughing)... but come, Bisade, if you had not done that thing, that girl would have remained a virgin for life o....
BISADE : could you believe that the recent King proposed to her and she declined.
SEGUN : what? You should start considering taking a second wife!
BISADE : (laughing)...but you know I can't do that, I wish I could though...she deserves it...
SEGUN : so....what do you say I.....(winks at him)...take your place...(Laughing)
BISADE : (hits him) hey! Crazy guy! She's not your type!
SEGUN : but seriously, girls like that are had to come by...
BISADE : that's true....I just wish I'm not married...especially with this kind of relationship I have with Mary.
SEGUN : hmm...
BISADE : meanwhile, there's something going on I need a second opinion about.....
SEGUN : what is that?... *************
Seven months later, Aduke gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but had complications during child birth. Her cervix was too tight for the baby to come through, so they had to cut her up for the baby to come out.
Being delivered by the village midwives, she lost a lot of blood and died. Adunni was devastated but knew she had to be strong for the baby...)
ADUNNI : (crying profusely)...this is so unfair....Aduke, you just came to suffer. You knew happiness for just a few moment and that happiness ended up taking you to your early grave....why is life so cruel.....life is so cruel! Now you left without taking care of your daughter, without saying goodbye....why?...(weeping)...who will breast feed her now? Who? She needs you here...(With tears, she looks at the beautiful baby sleeping quietly...)....I would have given you your mother's name so that you can replace her in my heart...but no....I will not let you have the same name with her so you won't have the same life she had...a life full of grief and untimely death...
In Akande's house, his wife brought the bad news about Aduke...)
AKANDE : oh my God....was it a boy or a girl?
ITUNU : it was a girl o...
AKANDE : what a pity...(Shakinghis head)
ITUNU : in fact, I pity the baby o....who will breast feed her...
AKANDE : did any man show up?...as her husband I mean...
ITUNU : nobody o... (Just then Akande's phone starts ringing and he pick it up...)
AKANDE : hello?
CALLER : ...hello, Uncle how have you been?
AKANDE : we are fine o.
CALLER : (wondering why he sounds so cold)...Uncle you sound somehow, hope no problem?
AKANDE : someone died...so we're mourning.
CALLER : oohh....sorry o...hope the person is old?
AKANDE : its a young woman o. Infact she just gave birth.
CALLER : oh... I'm so sorry...please take heart.
AKANDE : thank you.
CALLER : I will call you back later then...
AKANDE : alright...
To be continued..
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Merblesh(f): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2014
Dis s wonderful....following
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
EP 5
(Akande was beside his wife when Bisade called him...)
ITUNU : who was that?
AKANDE : Bisade.
ITUNU : (surprised)...Uncle Bisade?
AKANDE : yes.
ITUNU : and you didn't tell him it was Aduke that died?
AKANDE : how will he know her.
ITUNU : haha! Was it not Aduke you said he went to see that day, that he didn't come back home to sleep?
AKANDE : haaaa....(Remembering the day in question)...that's true, I remember.... the issue of those farmers not selling to him again made me even forget to ask him what happened on that day... I have totally forgotten about both of them knowing each other....
ITUNU : who knows what really happened that day...
AKANDE : hmm! Women! What do you think happened?
ITUNU : haa...is it not you men? Who knows if he's even the one responsible for Aduke's pregnancy...
AKANDE : haha! how can you say that...Bisade has not been in this village for almost a year now.
ITUNU : yes....almost a year, does a pregnancy take two years in a woman's stomach?
AKANDE : Itunu...were you there? Do you know if something happened between them? You better stop gossiping about something you don't know...
ITUNU : hmm....men...I can't trust you people.
AKANDE : Bisade is married, he knows he shouldn't do anything like that....
ITUNU : ehen...when his wife has only one child for him abi? I'm sure he wants more....
AKANDE : did he tell you that?
ITUNU : he doesn't have to...
AKANDE : who even told you they can't have more kids? After all Made is barely 4 years old....they can still have more children...
ITUNU : even at that, you people still can't control that thing under you...or why else did he come back the following morning?....tell me?
AKANDE : how am I suppose to know?...(Hisses)....I didn't even remember he slept there.
ITUNU : he did o...he did....
AKANDE : hmm...women...Iknow you won't forget something like that.
ITUNU : haha....that's why we're women, created just like that, so we can remind you men of crucial things like this...
AKANdDE : (laughs at her).....no, instead, you people remember things like this so you can use it to gossip....
ITUNU : ehn thank you... Me, I just think you should let him know its Aduke.
AKANDE : (thinks for a while)...I will. He said he will call back.
ITUNU : poor girl...so reserved and quiet.
AKANDE : its a big loss to this village...
ITUNU : my only concern is who the father of her child is....when we all asked her she said he's in the next village...
AKANDE : hmm...women and gossip....
*************** (Aduke was buried, the following day, people were there to mourn and pity her.
Later that night, just has Akande was about going to bed, Bisade called him...)
CALLER : good evening Uncle.
AKANDE : Bisade...
CALLER : how is everybody doing now?
AKANDE : we're coping....em...remember Aduke?
CALLER : yes Uncle.....how is she?
CALLER : yes Uncle...
AKANDE : Aduke died after giving birth yesterday.
CALLER : (standing up from his seat)...what! Aduke did what? Impossible!
AKANDE : that's how we saw it. I had even forgotten that you knew her. Yesterday when you called...
CALLER : (cuts in) Jesus Christ! What happened to her?
AKANDE : she gave birth and they couldn't...
CALLER : (cuts in)..gave birth?
AKANDE : yes, she lost a lot of blood...
CALLER : (cuts in)...But why didn't you tell me she was pregnant Uncle! I always asked of her...
AKANDE : haha! Am I her keeper? You always asked of her and I always said everybody is fine.
CALLER : that's because you're always so engrossed with the house I said I was going to build for you...
AKANDE : haha Bisade, I'm not a woman to be gossiping about happenings in the village...
CALLER : since when has she been pregnant?
AKANDE : how am I suppose to know? Was I the one that put the baby there? Or did I tell you I slept with her?
CALLER : when did she give birth? Was she married? Who was her husband..
AKANDE : what is wrong with you? How many questions do you want to ask me at the same time?
CALLER : okay..who got her pregnant?
AKANDE : I don't know, nobody knows. She always said her husband is in the next village.
CALLER : next village?...but...was she married?
AKANDE : we didn't see anything like that.
CALLER : did the baby survive? Was it a boy or a girl?
AKANDE : a girl...she survived
CALLER : (he couldn't handle the information he just heard)...Uncle I'll get back to you.
AKANDE : (surprised he is this concerned).....haha...okay.
*************** Bisade was at his office when he called Akande. After hanging up, he started thinking of his affair with Aduke, the time it all happened and what he did around that time...)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
BISADE : ...are my suspicions right? That pregnancy could be mine...Wait a minute (he looks for some of the documents that may carry the dates of their first transactions with the farmers).... Yes...this was the first one...(Looking at the date)....and I can remember this document was signed few days after I saw her.....and from what I heard she just gave birth a few days ago...Jesus! (Quickly he goes to the calendar and calculates the date, after wards, he starts pacing) ....That child is mine!.....its mine!....(He picks his phone and calls Segun).... we have to talk!
(Bisade and Segun met in their usual club to talk about what had happened...)
BISADE : Aduke....what a pity...she shouldn't have died like that...
SEGUN : a great loss...
BISADE : she didn't even tell me she was pregnant...
SEGUN : you really think the baby is yours, right...
BISADE : I'm sure it is, because she was never married. And no one knows who the father of the child is...
SEGUN : so what do you intend doing about it?
BISADE : what do you think I should do?
SEGUN : go to the village and find out what happens to the child. I mean who will be taking care of her and all that. Then you can make your decision from there.
BISADE : how do I show myself to Aduke's mother? She may skin me alive.
SEGUN : she should. It was thanks to you that girl died.
BISADE : but she didn't let me know she was pregnant. I would have taken her out of that village and put her in a better place....she would have gotten a good medical attention...
SEGUN : (cuts in) more like being your concubine right?
BISADE : no...I mean...I know she won't like that....but....
SEGUN : (cuts in) but what? You messed up Bisade, you should have told that girl you are married before touching her with those filthy hands of yours....
BISADE : are you suppose to apportion blames now or look for a possible solution to the problem?
SEGUN : well....my advise is still that you should go and see her Mother. Even if she will kill you, go and talk to her and let her know you'll take care of the child.
BISADE : and then what next? Will I bring her home?
SEGUN : to live in the same house with Mary? Hell no, I don't advise that.
BISADE : then what should I do?
SEGUN : tell her you'll send the money for the child's up keep to her. Take up your responsibility.
BISADE : what have I gotten myself into.....?
SEGUN : look at this guy o....are you not happy? Instead of you to be thanking God.
BISADE : you don't understand
SEGUN : understand what?
BISADE : Aduke's Mother...
SEGUN : what about her?
BISADE : her reaction...its going to be so fierce.
SEGUN : that's your cross, you'll have to leave with it or you forget about your daughter.
BISADE : I can't possibly do that!
SEGUN : then do what is right!
BISADE : Segun....pleasecan we go together?
SEGUN : what! Me, go where?
BISADE : Segun....don't leave me alone in this...please. I need you there...
SEGUN : don't bribe me o...
BISADE : Sege! My one and only padi! My surest padi!
SEGUN : go joor....anytimeyou don go cause trouble, you go come back come dey Sege me for here say make I follow you go solve your problem...
BISADE : please nau...
SEGUN : so if the woman wan break your head now, she go break my own join abi?
BISADE : you be my guy nau....
SEGUN : so make I die for you?
BISADE : (laughing)...abeg...ehn please...
SEGUN : make I think am first joor.
BISADE : that's my Guy!
SEGUN : hey! I'm not promising anything o!
BISADE : hmm...I hear you. Some weeks later Bisade summoned courage and approached Adunni, Aduke's mother. Before leaving, he sent one of his workers to buy him a complete set of all the things the baby will need. He carries it along.
Segun followed him there.
They got down from the car, bringing out all they got for the baby. Placing it all at the door post and then went in carrying some of the baby's things.
Adunni was dressing up the baby when they got there so she asked those at the door to come in.
Segun stepped in first...)
SEGUN : good afternoon ma...(Putting down the things in his hands)
ADUNNI : good afternoon...(looking at who it is)....please where do I know you? (Putting down the baby which is now fast asleep)....who are you looking for (she walks up to see two gentle men standing before her)....please who are you people?
SEGUN : (hitting Bisade who is behind him to come and talk)...em Mama...this is my friend.....
BISADE : (touches Segun to stop him from talking, he puts down the things in his hands)...em.....em...(Stuttering)...good afternoon...ma (while prostrating he sees two cutlasses in the basket infront of him and shiver)....
ADUNNI : (looking at the things they brought along)...are you sure you're in the right place?
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
SEGUN : yes ma, we came to see you ma...(Suddenly while looking at Bisade who was about standing up, he sights the two cutlasses lying in the basket)...em my friend will do the talking (he hides behind Bisade)....oya...tell Mama we brought all this gift for the new baby.
ADUNNI : ever since this baby was born, she as being receiving one gift or the other....but all these?...who are you people?
BISADE : em...Mama...we're...we're well...well wishers...ehn...well wishers...
ADUNNI : (surprised) well wishers....(Looking at Bisade)....you look familiar but I can't remember where....are you from this village?
BISADE : em....Ma.....y...yes ma....we know Aduke so we brought this things for the baby ma....(He steps back)
ADUNNI : ....all these...(Checking the ones in the house out)....God will bless you....thank you.
BISADE : y...yes ma....Amen ma...
ADUNNI : sit down...(Removing the plates that are on the bench for them to sit on)
SEGUN : oh don't worry ma...we still have some of the baby's things outside...(He goes outside to take in some other things and Bisade also follow him)
ADUNNI : (following them)..eee...isn't all these too much?(She was amazed at all the beautiful things they brought)....allthis for the baby....hey....Aduke, you're not asleep o....see the way you've sent people to take care of your daughter....don't worry my son, I will tell some of the boys around to pack them inside. Thank you...come inside...
SEGUN : em....Mama don't worry...we will come back tomorrow, we are very tired from our journey.
ADUNNI : oh...sorry...okay. I will be expecting you tomorrow.
BISADE : (surprised at what Segun just said but cooperates with him anyway) yes ma...(Going towards the car)
(They both couldn't say anything. They drove away...in the car...)
BISADE : why did you discharge us like that nau? We've not even discussed what we came for.
SEGUN : ehn-ehn...thankyou! After seeing two cutlasses in that basket.... one for me one for you....you still want me to wait abi? No wonder you put me in front.
BISADE : haha...Segun.
SEGUN : yes nau! Never you bring me on this kind of suicide mission again o.
BISADE : so what do you think we should do?
SEGUN : see let's tell Baba Agba and Uncle Akande to follow us o. That way we can be safe....at least if the woman will use those machete, she will first take down Baba Agba and Uncle...by that time she will think of getting to me, I'll be out of the village already.
BISADE : (shaking his head) Segun you're such a clown! So all this your mouthing, you no get mind!
SEGUN : mind, in front of cutlass! Afterall I didn't join you in sleeping with the girl so why should I die with you? Let me run for my life o.
BISADE : okay...we'll go and tell Baba Agba and Uncle Akande about it.
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Kunzu(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sad news dat Aduke died sha

#front seat, grabs my roasted plantain and groundnut
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 1:47am On Sep 21, 2014
EP 6

(After explaining the whole incident to Baba Agba and Akande, they decided to follow Bisade to Adunni's place the following day.

When they got there, Baba Agba and Akande entered to speak with Adunni first...)

ADUNNI : (surprised to see them, though suspecting something is fishy)...hmm...to what do I owe this visit?...
BABA AGBA : Adunni...how are you doing?
ADUNNI : I'm fine o. (Taking her seat) what can I suffer you?
AKANDE : oh...don't bother. How is the baby?
ADUNNI : she's fine.
BABA AGBA : hmm..Adunni, I'm sorry we've not being able to pay you a personal visit since Aduke passed away. You know how this my sickness can be, off and on...
ADUNNI : in fact, I was surprised you could walk all the way here...
BABA AGBA : ..hmm....Adunni
ADUNNI : (surprised at his countenance)...hope all is well?
BABA AGBA : we have offended you.
ADUNNI : (surprised)..offended me?
AKANDE : yes, we have offended you.
ADUNNI : haha how...you didn't offend me..
BABA AGBA : yes we did...our son did not tell you what he did to your daughter.
ADUNNI : ...what did he tell you he did to my daughter?
AKANDE : he told us everything.
ADUNNI : what and what in particular did he say he did?
AKANDE : he told us how he and Aduke, may her soul rest in peace had an affair...
ADUNNI : (stands up, cutting in)...what affair are you talking about! Aduke never had any affair with him. (Tears on her eyes now)...Both of them promised to get married before and even after Bisade was taken to the city and my daughter waited here for him. She waited for 20 years! 20 years of her life only for him to come back and sleep with my daughter instead of telling her he is married! Is that an affair?
BABA AGBA : Adunni please calm down, please I beg you.
ADUNNI : don't beg me. You're not in my shoes so you don't know what it feels like to loose the only child you're looking up to...
BABA AGBA : Adunni, I may not know exactly what it feels like but I understand why you're angry. Please Adunni, take it easy....we came here to ask for your forgiveness.
ADUNNI : what forgiveness? Will that bring my daughter back? If Bisade had not slept with Adunni she would have been alive today. She was a virgin, she had sex only once and got pregnant, definitely her cervix would have tightened up...if she had been married she wouldn't have died because her husband will still be sleeping with her....and you people are here telling me you came to ask for forgiveness...
AKANDE : Adunni, please....we are begging you....
BABA AGBA : Adunni, if I were you, I would have done worse, but please find it in your heart to forgive us, please.
AKANDE : even Bisade himself is here to beg you...
ADUNNI : what! I don't ever want to set my eyes on him...(Crying)
BABA AGBA : Adunni please....he's still your son.
AKANDE : please Adunni....
BABA AGBA : please he's your son...have mercy on him...(Seeing she's calm)....please Akande tell Bisade to come and prostrate before her.
AKANDE : okay...

(Akande goes out to call Bisade who was in the car with Segun)

AKANDE : (walking up to them)..Bisade!
BISADE : (looking at Akande)....yes Uncle
AKANDE : you can come in now. Just make sure you prostrate till she asks you to stand up.
SEGUN : Uncle hope you've soften her heart.
AKANDE : we have.....its just funny she didn't recognise you yesterday.
BISADE : she didn't. She only said my face looks familiar.
AKANDE : okay, just come in.
BISADE : Uncle, should Segun come too?
AKANDE : yes, he can, so that he can plead with you too.

(They all go inside and immediately Bisade enters he prostrates before Adunni....)

ADUNNI : (looking at the two young men)...wait o....was it not both of you that came here yesterday, bringing those baby things....
BISADE : (on the floor).....Maami....please forgive me...
SEGUN : we were the ones ma.
ADUNNI : no wonder! I was looking at the face!
BISADE : please ma......forgive me.
ADUNNI : Bisade....(Crying)...you took my daughter from me....
BISADE : Mama please forgive me...
BABA AGBA : please Adunni forgive him.
ADUNNI : (after thinking and crying for a some time).... okay.....I hav
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 1:51am On Sep 21, 2014
heard you. But I hope you're not planning to take her daughter from me?
(They all look at each other)
BABA AGBA : no...he won't.
ADUNNI : because she's the only solace I have now.
BABA AGBA : we understand...but let him take responsibility of the child.
ADUNNI : I can take care of her...
BABA AGBA : we know...but you are getting old, and he's the father, he should be responsible for her up keep.
ADUNNI : there's no problem about that. Just don't take her from me.
BISADE : I won't ma. Thank you ma.

(They decided that Bisade would leave the baby with Adunni and send down money for her up keep regularly)

YEARS LATER....

Akinrinmade Aderinluwo is now a corper, posted to one of the western villages. He's been very pompous and full of pride, that's one of the reason's why his father ensured he's not posted to Lagos state.

His mother on the other hand was never in support of what her husband did and would have done anything to 'liberate her son'.

He went to one of the best Universities in the country, moved with 'his-likes' (the rich and pompous). He's full of himself; for he's very good looking. What's more, he's one of the best students in his department.

When Made got to the orientation camp, his uniform was too big for him, he had felt really disgusted about everything there : a room without a good bathroom and toilet, having to leave his room and walking almost seven rooms down the hall before using the convenient, having to fetch water from a tap in the compound, which is almost 200 meters away from his room and to crown it all, sleeping in a room with about eleven other people. He hated it with a passion and wished he could run away somehow.

Made settled down anyway and took his clothes to one of the tailors who are amending in the camp. He met a woman there and gave it to her. The woman tried explaining to him that he came late, so he will have to wait because she has so many other uniforms that came before him.

The two days later, Made's became more furious with his situation. His friends in Lagos had told him how interesting Lagos camp will be. How their living condition will be, how good their rooms are and so on. To top it all, he was told that different Artistes will be coming to perform for them in camp, he could not stop hating his father for what he did to him.

He tried fitting in all the same as the soldier started the parade, he tried getting his clothes from the tailor but when he got there he found out she had not done it, with the excuse that her machine developed some fault. He was furious...)

MADE : what the hell is wrong with this woman! How dare you ignore my work and do someone else?
(The woman kept explaining in Yoruba, but he did not understand. He was still talking and shouting at the woman when a girl, who was loosing a corper's shirt walks up to him...)
GIRL : kilode se Maami lo n ba soro bahun? Se egbe re ni won ni? (Seeing he can't understand her, she speaks in english the little way she could)...why you talking to Mama like so? She mate you?
MADE : (wondering what the girl is saying)...who the Bleep is this bitch? What shit are you saying?
GIRL : I zaying you no can't talk to agbalagba so! She older "paz" you! She somebody mama! Haha! Won o ko e nile yin ni? (Translation : did they not teach you to respect your elders at home?)
MADE : look at this fool....telling me rubbish?
GIRL : "vooly" you sef...Maami...(Turns to her Granma, telling her to amend the clothes so that Made can stop causing trouble)...

(They quickly amended his clothes for him so he can stop creating a scene.

About a week after that, Made inquired about who could do his laundry for him and the only girl who happens to be available is the same girl he had seen at the tailors'. He gave the clothes to her anyway.

The weather that day was not favorable at all, it has not been sunny all through. At around 3pm, the laundry girl came looking for Made. Immediately she saw him she gave him his clothes which are still wet, he was mad....)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 1:52am On Sep 21, 2014
MADE : are you crazy? Why are you giving me the clothes knowing they are still wet?
GIRL : ...wo, Mister oga, my money....the rain she "hafe" want to pour water, that your "clote" go tutu gan ( get soaked) if I "leafe" him "vor" the rope. I go my house var var place, "bevore" I late go bus stop no bus.
MADE : Jesus Christ! What the shit did she just mumbled out?...I won't pay you any money since my clothes ain't dry....(Shouting at the girl and throwing the clothes at her)...go and dry them up anyhow!
GIRL : ehn? ...(Confused she looks around at those laughing at them)...sun she no go to up ke...

(Ayo, one of the students who could not stop laughing at the girl's words walks up to them to save the situation....)

AYO : wait em, what's the problem?
MADE : she bleeping gave me my clothes back, wet!
AYO : but guy...(Pointing at the weather)..it will soon rain...and it hasn't been sunny since morning nau...
MADE : I don't care! She should go and iron it or something. If not, I won't pay her!
AYO : (wondering why Made is becoming unrealistic)...but...
MADE : (cuts in)....what's your business?

(Quickly Ayo turns to the girl...)

AYO : what's your...I mean kini oruko e?...(Asking her what her name is)
GIRL : Bolanle.
AYO : wo...lo fi ejo e sun awon soja yen. If not, ko ni fun lowo e o....(Trans: go and report him to one of the soldiers, if not he won't give you your money)
BOLA : ema gba ni o?...(Trans : what kind of thing is this?)...(She goes to get a soldier to intervene in the matter)

(Bola called one of the Soldiers who intervened and made sure Made pays her money.)

After their orientation, Made was posted to a secondary school to teach.

Two weeks after the school resumed he was at the gate flogging 'late comers', when he saw Bola, the girl that washed his clothes while at the orientation camp the other day...)

MADE : wait a minute, who am I looking at....is this not that stupid girl from camp...(Taking a better look)....hmm mm.....(Talking to himself)....so, you're in this school, you're so doomed....(Pointing at a student)...hey you! Come here!
BOLA : 'ehn' (walking towards him, she couldn't believe she's seeing the same corper she had insulted weeks back) ogbeni yi re ni a yin... Kini nse ni ile-iwe wa? (Translation: this is that same man here again, what is he doing here in our school?)....haa...(Wondering if he's one of the corpers posted to her school)...abi okan lara awon oluko wa ni?...to ba je baun moti daran o...yio fe pami...(Translation : could he be one of the teachers in my school now?...if so I'm so doomed... He will nearly kill me)...(Walking towards Made slowly...)
MADE : are you crazy! Will you double up here now?
BOLA : em..."Zir"!(still walking slowly)...emi tu ni "dogulo"...se ko ti e le so yoruba die ni...bi ti nso eyibo kabiti-kabiti nuhun nijo si...(Translation : What's is double-up now? Can't he even speak yoruba? That's how he was speaking big grammar the other day...(Still walking up to Made)
MADE : imagine! 'Zir' (mimicking her, he waves the cane at her)....dumb fool!
BOLA : 'yezir' (shaking to her wits)
MADE : God! You're still saying the same damn thing!....anyway, (smiling scornfully)...so you're in this school.....?
BOLA : 'yezir, am school yere' (in her thought)...se o ri aso mi ni, abi kini nma se ni ahin pelu aso ti mo wo? Ode osi...? (Translation : can't you see my school uniform or what will I be doing here dressed like this? Fool...)
MADE : very good! What class are you?
BOLA : Ez Ez 1
MADE : how old are you?
BOLA : 'ziztin'
MADE : can you see your life now? Now you're here at my mercy. The other day you think you can talk abi?
BOLA : Zorry o....zorry zir
MADE : why are you late?
BOLA : I go go 'varm' 'bevore' I come 'here' eferyday.
MADE : that doesn't mean you won't be flogged, turn your back or do you prefer your hand?
BOLA : I take the cane for hand (stretching her hand)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 1:55am On Sep 21, 2014
Made flogs her more than the usual and asks her to run to her class.)
MADE : stupid girl!

(One of the corpers watching them from afar walks up to Made to ask what the problem was...)

FEMI : guy, wetin the girl do you wey you flog am like that?
MADE : she's very stupid. She was one of the girls that washes at the camp. She was really nasty to me.
FEMI : really! What did she do?
MADE : her stupid mother is one of the tailors adjusting the clothes. So that day I went to collect my trouser, you can't believe she hadn't done it. She said her machine was faulty. So I said why did she bring it here when she knew the machine was faulty....then this stupid girl came and said I was insulting her Mum. As if that was not enough, another day again she took my clothes to wash and didn't allow it dry enough before bringing it to me.
FEMI : haha why?
MADE : she said she was going home o, so she brought it like that, can you imagine! I nearly beat her up o, if not for those that intervened...
FEMI : (surprised) was it that bad?
MADE : the soldiers at camp totally took sides with her! I'm sure she's sleeping with them....a common village girl standing up to me! In fact, I will so deal with her in this school, thank God I'll be taking her commerce and government, she's so dead.
FEMI : (laughing)....can they? I mean the soldiers...
MADE : what are you saying! What can't these girls do...
FEMI : just take it easy!
MADE : its my lucky day...(Smiling)

To be continued.....
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Where are you?
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
I hope bolanle isn't Made sister o?But wetin dey do dis Made guy sef.oniranu
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
EP 7
(Few days later, Made enters into one of the SS1 classes to teach them Commerce.
After introducing the topic for a while...)
MADE : who can tell me what international trade is? (None of them raised hands).....dullheads! They know nothing!....(Then he sights Bola).....hey you, stand up!
BOLA : (standing up) 'zir'
MADE : how many times will I tell you its not 'zir' its 'Sir'! What is international trade?
BOLA : intonosona tredi...
MADE : yes international trade.
BOLA : 'bevor bevor you zay ze is tradi bitin conti like Noigeria, Gono Amorica. You zay they zelling cocoa andi crudoi for isoda'
MADE :...Jesus! Imagine how she mumble up words..... then why didn't you stand up when you knew the answer?
BOLA : ehn?...(whispering to herself)... why you sef dey asking the tin you know again?'
MADE : what did you say?
BOLA : 'notin'....abi iru wahala wo leyi (translation: what kind of problem is this)
MADE : numbskull!
BOLA : ehn? Emi le so? What you zay?
MADE : you're a numbskull! Sit down! (He goes back to the front of the class)
BOLA : (sits down and looks at Abike her partner) emi na npe bahun? (Trans: what does that mean)
ABIKE : nmo fun tisa re o! Oo se bii? Yio si mo s'oyinbo kabitikabiti...(Trans: I don't know for your teacher. Why not ask him? He will just be speaking big grammatical words)
BOLA : nosko abi kilo wi? Yio ma bu mi ni o. (Trans: nosko or what did he just say, I'm sure he's abusing me)
ABIKE : ko je je be....sebi o gba ibere re, nki o ni. (Trans: I don't think so, after all you got the answer to the question, I'm sure he's applauding you)
BOLA : (thinks about it for a while)...otito lo so...nki mi ni, bi o se pe ngba ni, yio ti fe e lumi pa....(Trans: you should be right, he should be giving me an applaud, if not he would have beaten the hell out of me).... (Made saw them talking and gave them a punishment to fetch water into his house after school hours.)
(Made keeps punishing Bola at every opportunity he gets till one day in the staff room...)
FEMI : how much do you give that girl for washing your clothes for you?
MADE : how much? (He laughs)....I don't pay her...
FEMI : (surprised)...oh she does it voluntarily?
MADE : no, I make her do it.
FEMI : (confused)...I don't understand...
MADE : I give her as punishment...
FEMI : I still don't understand...
MADE : the punishment varies from washing my clothes, fetching water for me, cleaning my house and so on....
FEMI : haha! That's wickedness!
MADE : who cares? She's still paying for what she did at camp.
FEMI : haba! Its enough nau.
MADE : no, I'll do whatever I like to her till I leave this school!....You see, I hated the fact that my father didn't work my posting to lagos and someone must pay for it.
FEMI : (surprised) haha... Why her?
MADE : well....too bad....
FEMI : nawa for you o! Just take it easy on the poor girl....
(Chidi, a 'Corper' who stays in the same block with Made and Femi, had been listening to their discussion. He intervenes...)
CHIDI : wait...are you talking about the girl I saw at your place two days ago
MADE : yes.
CHIDI : wait, I thought you were into that girl o, you know what I mean
MADE : God forbid! Me into that kind of girl....that shit!
FEMI : haba nau! Na fine girl o. CHIDI : yes o. Even with the dowdy dresses she wears....her beauty still comes out of it.
FEMI : I tell you! If you brush that girl up....na babe o.
MADE : please...I don't dig such things.
CHIDI : hmm....me I no mind the girl sha.
FEMI : (turns to Chidi)...haba nau, she's still very young.
CHIDI : she's intelligent. Such a girl can go places if given a good education. I took them in mathematics last week and she got the highest mark. If I see such a girl to groom, I don't mind o.
FEMI : Made doesn't see it that way.
MADE : God forbid! Village girl! Don't you have taste?
CHIDI : I have taste for a good, intelligent and promising woman. If that girl's condition changes...she will be better than some of these city, educated girls, believe me.
FEMI : I reason with you Chidi. Moreover, that girl is cultured, well brought up...
MADE : I don't think so.
FEMI : you've been on her neck since the first day you saw her so you can't expect her to be nice to you... The other day she saw me at the market, she helped me bring the things I bought home and even helped me cook without asking for anything in return. And imagine, she didn't enter my room till she finished cooking. When the food was ready, she just knocked to tell me...when I invited her in she said no and left for her house.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
CHIDI : imagine if its some girls they would have started looking for something else.
FEMI : I tell you...(Now facing Made)...that was the day you asked her to wash your clothes. She washed and cooked at the same time.
CHIDI : she's a good girl.
MADE : whatever....that's your opinion.
(Few days later, Bisade Aderinluwo is in his office talking to Segun Craig, his lawyer...)
SEGUN : what happened to her?
BISADE : you know I've not been to the village for a long time now, so I don't know exactly what happened. Uncle just told me yesterday.
SEGUN : and the girl?
BISADE : she's still there.
SEGUN : so, what are you going to do now?
BISADE : what else than to bring her home?
SEGUN : are you sure?
BISADE : what would you have me do? Since Mama is now dead who will take care of her?
SEGUN : that's true....
BISADE : do you know that she doesn't know I'm her father?
SEGUN : what! Why?
BISADE : Mama did not tell her.
SEGUN : why!
BISADE : well she has a good reason....
SEGUN : what reason could that be?
BISADE : the girl is very inquisitive and intelligent, if she knows I'm her father, she will want to come visiting one day.
SEGUN : haha....so she doesn't know you or what? I don't understand.
BISADE : its been a while I went to the village though, but the last time I saw her, Mama just introduced me again as an Uncle.
SEGUN : what kind of stupid arrangement is this...I don't like it.
BISADE : I think I like it like it that way. With that she won't say she wants to come visiting and I won't have to explain anything to Mary.
SEGUN : ooh..what of now that you have to take her home?
BISADE : don't worry, I will deal with it.
SEGUN : okay, If you say so.....and Made? I heard he's serving outside Lagos?
BISADE : yes. That boy is too pompous. He needs to change.
SEGUN : well that's thanks to both of you.
BISADE : his mother not me.
SEGUN : well just be careful with this innocent girl you're bringing home.
BISADE : do you know I don't even recognise her?
SEGUN : what! When was the last time you saw her?
BISADE : she was almost ten then.
SEGUN : what! What kind of a father are you?
BISADE : don't blame me. I'm a very busy man now...
SEGUN : that's no excuse! You own a multi-million naira firm. You have people working for you yet, you can't take care of your only daughter?!
BISADE : but I do send money for her up keep through Uncle Akande.
SEGUN : that's not enough for God's sake!
BISADE : Don't blame me. So many times I told Mama to move to Lagos, so I can take better care of her and my daughter can go to a better school but no, she won't agree. See now she's dead. SEGUN : are you sure Uncle Akande gives her enough money?
BISADE : why won't he? I send him a hundred thousand every month. Fifty for himself and fifty for Mama.
SEGUN : what! What kind of stupid money is that! Doesn't Made alone spend more than fifty thousand naira in a month?
BISADE : but things are cheaper in the village.
SEGUN : I can't believe you're talking like this! Uncle Akande has 5 kids, yet you're giving him the same ridiculous amount with that woman that's taking care of one child...Look, I don't want to talk about this issue again....
BISADE : don't worry, I'm sure Uncle Akande is not cheating. Once she's here now, I'll take good care of her and have my head in one place.
(About a month later, around 2pm on saturday, Mary storms into Bisade's room this particular afternoon.....)
MARY : Bis, your Uncle is here. He's down stairs.
BISADE : really! (He stands up from his seat)
MARY : did he tell you he was coming?
BISADE : did he come alone or he's with someone?
MARY : you didn't answer me. Why didn't he call before coming?
BISADE : I know he's coming. (Dressing up)
MARY : then why didn't you tell me?
BISADE : it skipped my mind...(He goes downstairs)
MARY : wonders will never end! (She follows him)
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
EP 8
When Bisade got downstairs he saw Akande seated with a young lady beside him. She greets him and sits down. Mary also joins them but they speak in yoruba not English....)
BISADE : Uncle good afternoon
AKANDE : ...good afternoon.
BISADE : how was your journey?
AKANDE : in fact I'm very tired. This is Omobolanle.
BISADE : how are you my dear?
BOLA : fine sir
BISADE : my dear sorry about your grandmother.
BOLA : yes sir
AKANDE : she's a strong girl. She's getting over it gradually.
BISADE : Bolanle can you remember me at all?
BOLA : (trying to recall the face)...hmm I think you once came to our house when I was little
BISADE : (he laughs)... Bolanle...yes. I can see you have a good memory. That's good. What class are you now?
BOLA : SS1.
BISADE : how old are you now?
BOLA : sixteen.
BISADE : haha....that's too late.
AKANDE : (looks at Mary and speaks in english) our wife please I need water.
(Mary calls their house help to get him some water.)
BISADE : (facing Mary) dear, this is Omobolanle, one of Uncle's children. She will be staying with us.
MARY : (mimics him)..she will be staying with us...(She hisses at him, stand up and walks away)
(Akande was surprised at her behaviour, he turns to Bisade, speaking in yoruba...)
AKANDE : haha... what is wrong with her? Didn't you tell her Bola is coming?
BISADE : don't mind her Uncle, she will come around.
AKANDE : okay o. I just hope the girl is safe here o.
BISADE : I will take care of her...(He calls the house maid)
COMFORT : sir
BISADE : please tell the cook to make food for Uncle and Bolanle. Then you take Uncle to one of the male guest rooms afterwards, you go and clean one of the rooms upstairs and take Bolanle there. She will be staying here from now on.
COMFORT : okay sir. (She carries Akande's bag)
BISADE : (speaking in yoruba) Uncle please follow her. They will call you when your food is ready.
AKANDE : okay. (Goes with Comfort)
(He continues his conversation with Bolanle in their dialect...)
BISADE : Bolanle, don't worry you will be fine okay?
BOLA : )..yes sir...should I follow them?
BISADE : no, she will come back and take you to your own room. Has Uncle told you this is where you'll be staying from now on?
BOLA : when Mama was going to die, she said I should go to Baba that he will take care of me, she said he may take me to my father's place. I've been looking forward to seeing him...but I'm surprised he brought me here.
BISADE : Bolanle, I want you to see me as your father okay. I will be a father to you. Come.... (stretching out his hand to her, she comes close to him) sit beside me....look at this whole place (pointing at the whole house)...it is your house. Start feeling like one of the owners of the house....whatever you want, just tell me. Whatever you need, tell me. If you want to eat, tell the cook to make food for you, if your clothes are dirty, tell the house maid. If you need anything just tell me. First thing on monday morning, I'll take you to a new school and also get you a home tutor, so that you can come up fast....you're far behind at your age.
BOLA : thank you sir (kneels down)
BISADE : there's no need for that (lifting her up)...after we finish from the school, I will shop for you. All the clothes you brought here (pointing at the sack of clothes on the ground) you won't wear them. I will buy you new ones...okay?
BOLA : thank you sir.
(Bisade ensures that Bola was given a good room in the house and he later goes to Mary's room)
BISADE : dear, please ensure that dinner is served. I've told the cook to make something for Uncle and Bola.
MARY : I should do what? Wait, what do you take me for? How dear you bring a stranger into the house without informing me first?
BISADE : look Mary, my Uncle will be leaving tomorrow morning while Bola will be staying. I own this house, so I'm not dragging that issue with you.
MARY : oh... you own this house right! Very good! We shall see how this house will contain us all.
BISADE : look here woman, we have over ten rooms in this house, so it can contain us all very well....Please ensure dinner is served for four. (He storms out of her room)
MARY : hmm....what does this man take me for? A fool? He thinks he can just bring in whoever he likes into the house, abi? Okay, we shall see!
(The following day Bisade drops Akande at the airport and takes Bolanle to a new school. She did a brief test and was told to resume into JSS3...)
BISADE : no please, she was in SS1, you can't possibly set her back.
PRINCIPAL : we have to. She's not sound enough for SS1.
BISADE : you know what, since she has done JSSCE already and you can see the result is okay, let's do it this way put her in SS1, I will pay for every necessary personal teacher to take her. Then if she doesn't do so well you can ask her to repeat the class.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
PRINCIPAL : (thinks for a while)...okay. BISADE : (looks at Bolanle and speaks to her in yoruba) you have to study hard, can you hear when she said you will repeat if you don't do well?
BOLA : (speaking in yoruba) I will study hard.
PRINCIPAL : you're not helping her like that. Speak english to her so that you can correct her when she's wrong, stop speaking yoruba to her.
BISADE : (speaking in yoruba) did you hear that? No more yoruba speaking. (He changes to english) okay.
BOLA : 'yez'
PRINCIPAL : with that, as time goes on, her diction will improve.
BISADE : okay. Thanks.
PRINCIPAL : here is the bill, she can resume as soon as you pay up.
BISADE : alright thanks... (Collecting the bill)....I will do that as soon as possible.
PRINCIPAL : okay.
BISADE : Bolanle let's go. (He gets her a personal teacher for each subjects, pays the school fees and every necessary thing she needs and was asked to come and resume the following day. After they left the school, he takes her to a big boutique to shop for clothes after which they went home)
About two weeks later, Made was in the staff room with his friends...)
MADE : for the past three weeks now, that girl hasn't been coming to school o.
FEMI : which girl?
MADE : my slave girl.
CHIDI : who is that?
MADE : Bola
FEMI : (shaking his head) Why are you so nasty? Why calling her that?
MADE : isn't she?
CHIDI : didn't you ask her friends?
MADE : they said her granma died and she's now at her father's place in Lagos.
FEMI : what was her so called father looking at when he left her here.
CHIDI : I wonder o.
FEMI : anyway, I'm happy for her sha. Being in lagos now will help her.
CHIDI : at least she's now free from Made's hands.
FEMI : yes o...(Looks at Made's face and laughs)...guy you don't look happy at all.
MADE : happy about what?
CHIDI : but wait....you look more like you are missing her...
MADE : missing who, missing what?
FEMI : are you sure you're not in love with this girl....(Winking at him)
MADE : for what nau! Come, stop that o if its a joke!
CHIDI : (laughing)...I'm happy for the girl sha. I wish I'd come across her in Lagos one day.
FEMI : same here!
(Bisade was at his luxurious office when his secretary told him that Segun is around. He was allowed in immediately....)
SEGUN : how far with your daughter?
BISADE : she's doing well.
SEGUN : how is she doing with your wife in the house?
BISADE : I didn't tell her she's my daughter. I only told her she's Uncle Akande's daughter.
SEGUN : haha...(Surprised)...why?
BISADE : its better it stays that way. If not she may start mal-treating her or do something worse, you know how these our women can be...
SEGUN : hmm....
BISADE : I regret not letting that girl be in lagos since.
SEGUN : really?
BISADE : yeah. Imagine! At sixteen, she's still in SS1. Her diction and accent is terrible! And its not like she's not smart, she is. But the environment she grew up messed her up for me.
SEGUN : that's the problem with schooling in the village.
BISADE : infact her school is in the next village not even in our own village. She walks there everyday. In fact, when she told me her experiences I felt really bad.
SEGUN : ...poor girl. When do I meet her? Our Baby of those days...
BISADE : of course you'll meet her one of these days... She'll still be in school by now...
SEGUN : (looking at his wrist watch)...but its almost six! What will she be doing?
BISADE : she has personal tutors for all the subjects.
SEGUN : fine, why don't you allow those teachers to come and take her at home? Don't forget that she's a girl. I really can't trust the young men of these days....
BISADE : hmm...(Nodding in agreement)...you're right...
SEGUN : how does she go home?
BISADE : she's suppose to go with the school bus but because of the extra lessons, my driver will go and pick her...
SEGUN : better do something about it.
BISADE : (thinks for a while)...that'strue...I'll do something about it.
SEGUN : better do. What of Made has he met her?
BISADE : no, he hasn't come home since after their orientation. But yesterday, I over heard him and his mother on the phone saying something like he's coming home tomorrow or so.
SEGUN : oh.... I guess he has started adjusting to the situation in that place.
BISADE : does he have a choice...he should come home to meet his sister...
SEGUN : yeah right! His sister.
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 11:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thanks for all the update.Am really enjoying this story
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by pretydiva(f): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2014
M rily enjoying ur story.pls cm n update oo
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
EP 9
(Its around 4:30pm on friday, Bolanle had being dropped at home by the school bus. After school on Fridays, she has the remaining day free till her home tutors come on saturday.
She got back and went up stairs immediately just like she usually does, never staying in the sitting room.
Mary came back home early too. She came with one of her friends to have lunch. After lunch, they sat in the sitting room while they gist....)
ADA : when will you be traveling again?
MARY : soon. We are considering going into another line of business.
ADA : and you don't want to involve your husband?
MARY : No, I won't even tell him about it.
ADA : I still think you should tell him. He helped build that company into what it became.
MARY : so? Since he's left, I've been taking care of it.
ADA : and since then your workers have greatly reduced by 45%, the same with income...
MARY : wait, are you for or against me?
ADA : I want the best for you...
MARY : if you really want the best for me, you'll wish me well.
ADA : its not like I don't wish you all the best, but your husband single-handedlybuilt his company into a multinational firm just between how many years. In fact, his capital base is more than your company, which has been in existence since your father was young...
MARY : (cuts in)...and that is why I'm going into another line of business...lookAda, let's change the topic, if not, just go home, okay?....(She leaves her phone, going to the wine bar)
ADA : alright, if you say so.
(As she was taking some wine at the bar, she remembers her son...)
MARY : Comfort!
COMFORT : (coming around) Ma!
MARY : is my son back?
COMFORT : no ma.
MARY : who else is at home?...(Checking the bottles of wine)
COMFORT : only Bola. She just came back from school.
MARY : okay. You can go.
ADA : em...Mary?
MARY : yes...(Paying her some attention)
ADA : who is Bola? You have a guest?
MARY : my husband's relative staying with us. One village girl like that, who can hardly speak english.
ADA : (chuckles)...ehn you people will teach her nau...how is Made doing over there?
MARY : he's fine o. In fact, I really pity my son. His father just went to throw him in a place he doesn't belong.
ADA : haha...isn't that your husband's state?
MARY : so? That doesn't mean he belongs there.
ADA : its good for him to know the other side of life too. It will help him be a better man.
MARY : (surprised) God! I just don't know the way you think atimes.
(Just then her phone, which is beside Ada rings..)
ADA : (looking at the caller, she mumbles to herself)....Julius...? (Picks up the phone and hands it to Mary who is now coming to collect the phone)..Hmm....Mary, you have a Julius calling you...
MARY : (rushing down to take the phone from Ada)...please give it to me...!
ADA : (surprised at her reaction) haha...sorry o...(Handling the phone out to her)
MARY : (collecting the phone)...hello....
(Mary goes somewhere else to receive the call while Ada was left behind thinking...)
ADA : (thinking)...could this be the same Julius from school...hmm.....don't tell me...no, it can't be...Mary dares not...but why is she acting like she's hiding something?
(Meanwhile in the study, Mary receives her call...)
MARY : ...for God's sake! Haven't I told you not to disturb me about this issue again?
CALLER : look Mary, I'm dying, please allow me meet him please.
MARY : and I said no...haha, who do I tell him you are?
CALLER : anything, just let me meet him. I don't have much time left.
MARY : what you're telling me to do is impossible....after all, if not for what happened then, you wouldn't have known about his existence so...
CALLER : (cuts in) at least, when I got to know, I did my part...moreoverits not my fault, you caused it all...please let me meet him.
MARY : I'm sorry I can't. Please don't call me again, please.(Hangs up, looking around to ensure nobody heard her discussion...she then goes back to the sitting room to join Ada)
ADA : hope there's no problem?
MARY : (going back to the bar)...haha...why did you ask?
ADA : looks like the call was not favorable...
MARY : no, there's no problem.
ADA : Mary...is that the same Julius we know?
MARY : what Julius...no.
ADA : okay...I thought he's still disturbing you after all these years...
MARY : (shocked) what do you mean disturbing me?
ADA : I can remember he was still at your neck even after you married your husband. Those days in school...
MARY : oh...but he stopped then.
ADA : (surprised)...he stopped then? Meaning he's back now or what?
MARY : no! I mean he later stopped.
ADA : okay....
MARY : I really need to go and cook for my son before he comes.
ADA : okay. I'll be on my way then.(Taking her things)
MARY : see you some other time. I'm sorry I can't see you off.
ADA : alright. Bye...(Leaves)
(After Ada left...)
MARY : (talking to herself)...imagine, she's too nosy...(She goes to the kitchen to tell the cook what to make for dinner.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Some minutes after she got back to the sitting room Made walks in...)
MADE : hi Mum! (Going to hug her)
MARY : (feeling so happy to see Made)...oh son...I missed you so much!(Hugging him)....how have you been?
MADE : I'm okay Mum.
MARY : how come you didn't come home all this while?(Going to sit down)
MADE : well Mum, because I didn't have a reason to...
MARY : why...how have you been washing your clothes, eating...
MADE : (cuts in) oh Mum, its actually because of those clothes I came back. All my clothes are dirty. The girl that used to wash it is no where to be found and I've not found someone else. So I have to come home and get them washed somehow.
MARY : (surprised at his words)...so you didn't come home because you missed me?
MADE : oh come on Mum, I'm a man now, I should do more without you.
MARY : Made, you're just twenty...
MADE : (cuts in)....no I was twenty. I'll be twenty-one.
MARY : all the same, you are still my baby.
MADE : no I'm not.
MARY : so you didn't miss me?
MADE : em...well....kinda....
MARY : or are you angry with me because of what your father did?
MADE : or didn't do? .....I'm not Mum...its not like its your fault.
MARY : so then why didn't you miss me?
MADE : oh Mum, stop nagging me....I need those clothes cleaned before I leave on monday.
MARY : okay....just tell Comfort to take care of it.
MADE : definitely....(Relaxing on the sofa)....oh Mum I'm famished!
MARY : don't worry, I've told the cook to make something for you.
MADE : and Dad (grudgingly)
MARY : he's not back....oh! That reminds me...his Uncle's daughter is here, can you imagine!
MADE : (surprised)...his Uncle's daughter? I don't understand....
MARY : your Father's brother, that Uncle Akande...
MADE : oh...okay...
MARY : he brought one of his daughters here to stay.
MADE : (sitting up) why? What for?
MARY : I don't know. In fact, the way your father is giving the girl attention...
MADE : really?
MARY : yes....could you believe his driver goes to pick the girl from school everyday?
MADE : Are you serious?
MARY : yes.
MADE : and what are you doing about it?
MARY : me? I don't have his time dear. I have the company to face. In fact, I can't wait for you to finish NYSC, then come and help me out.
MADE : me Mum? Haa, no, I want to 'flex' for a year or two before even thinking about work....(He stands up going to the bar)
MARY : haba nau...son, please...(Walking up to him)...don't do this to me.
MADE : (walking away from her)...no Mum, please just allow me to flex well. I need it.
MARY : don't you even pity me? Your Dad left me with the whole company and here you are too doing the same. And you know its your inheritance.
MADE : Mum for now its your work not mine...(Pouringhimself a drink)...and telling me its my inheritance?...please, its your responsibility to take care of me and my inheritance.
MARY : (seeing she meets a brick wall)...anyway,there's still time to discuss that....how was your journey?
MADE : fine....(Drinksthe wine)..hmmm...I've missed this...
MARY : you can take it when you're going.
MADE : thanks Mum, I'll sure do..I'm going to my room...please tell comfort to alert me when my food is ready.
MARY : oh...I thought you'll wait here and gist with me for a while...
MADE : no Mum, I'm going to my room, I've missed my room...(Going upstairs)
MARY : okay son...(She looks at Made as he walks up the stairs to his room. She started thinking and talking to herself)....sometimes I doubt he's my son....with the way he behaves...he's always so detached from me, he hardly misses me, though he says it but does not act it...he misses his room not me...I see my friends with their male children, at his age, they do not act this way, they're always so attached and connected....why is Made like this then?....and I carried you in my womb for nine months...yet that connection seem to be missing...why?
(She kept thinking for sometime and pushes the thought away, going to the kitchen.)
Bisade came back really tired. He went straight to the room to freshen up till they were all called for dinner. They all sat at the table to eat after Bisade and Made exchanged pleasantries grudgingly...)
BISADE : where is Bolanle?(Nobodyanswers him, seeing that, he calls Comfort from the kitchen)...where is Bolanle?
COMFORT : she's in her room still studying.
BISADE : haha...(Looks at the time)...its past eight, does she want to kill herself with books....pleasetell her to come down and eat here. Made is here...(Turns to Made)...Made
MADE : yes Dad
BISADE : (seeing Made seem not to be interested)...or have you met Bolanle already?
MADE : Nope. (Eating his food)
BISADE : Comfort please tell her to come down...
COMFORT : sir, I think she's always shy because she doesn't know how to use fork and knife, that's why she usually eat in her room.
BISADE : notwithstanding, tell her I said she should come downstairs.
COMFORT : yes sir. (She goes to call Bola....)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
(In Bola's room...)
COMFORT : Bolanle, oga said you should come downstairs and eat with them.
BOLA : se now?
COMFORT : yes. Small oga is here.
BOLA : who 'yis' small-oga?
COMFORT : oga's son.
BOLA : 'okeee' se he yis donstess' ni?
COMFORT : yes, he's downstairs.
BOLA : okay, I come don naw. (She starts dressing up, and while doing that, she starts practicing what to say)...good 'evin' sir...no, gud 'invin', hmm mm...(Shaking her head) is good 'evrin'... 'evlin', eveni, eve-ning, yez is evening..., how are you? 'an' fine,....eee...Omobolanle ma lo te o...(Translation: Omobolanle don't go and mess up o...) Oya......(dresses up and goes downstairs....
(Unlike the rag-like clothes she usually wears, she was dressed in a beautiful white and back stripped, pleated, sleeveless, short gown, which is a little above her knee. Her natural long hair, neatly bounded backwards, bringing out her pretty oblong face.
When she got down stairs she met them eating...)
BOLA : Gu 'evlin sir'(she bites herself)
BISADE : (looks at her)...Bolanle how are you?
BOLA : an fine...
BISADE : (looks at Made who has surprisingly looked up to see the face that owns the familiar voice that spoke the terrible english)....Made this is...
MADE : (cuts in)...what the hell...(Shockedto see who is standing beside his Dad)... What!.....you!..(He stands up)...what the hell is she doing here...?
(Bolanle was also surprised to see her tormentor right in front of her)
MARY : (surprised she looks at Made)....son, do you know her?
BISADE : (wondering what's going on since he has not spoken to Made since he was posted)...have you met her somewhere before now?
MADE : I can't believe this! What the hell is this rag doing here!
To be continued....
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Diamondamsel(f): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
I've read up to 10 stories on dz nairaland, nd dz is d 1st tym i wl b commenting...... I love dz ur novel nd most especially d way u update. You didn't wait 4 people's comment b4 u start updating. I'm following dz book now..........abeg don't relent, keep d good work going nd dnt b like some wu start up their stories nd refuse 2 finish it............ Waiting 4 ur nxt update
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
This Made of a guy has got no sense @ all.Don't like him for anytin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moments of Passion (18+) / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. / Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 292
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.