Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story (15846 Views)

HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Aipete2(f): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mehn! What's wrong with Made, idiet boi. Bisade its better you tell them the truth
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
EP 10
(Bisade was shocked at the way Made addressed Bolanle. He stands up looking at Made angrily...)
BISADE : what the hell is wrong with you! Who is a rag...(Holding Bolanle by her shoulder)
MARY : (taking sides with her son)...calm down son...have you met before?
MADE : she's......(Taking a better look at her as he notices her new look)....she's my...student...
BISADE : well, was your student. Now she's here to stay....she's now schooling and staying here. So sit down there and eat your food!
MADE : how can I sit down and eat on the same table with her Dad?
BISADE : then get the hell out of here if you won't!
MADE : (shocked his father could talk to him that way)...what! Dad, how can you say I should leave the dining for her?
MARY : (looking at Bisade)..how can you say that?!
MADE : she should leave not me.
BOLA : 'akan" eat insai kishin (about to leave)
BISADE : (holds Bola from leaving)..she'sgoing nowhere!....(Looks at Bolanle)...Bolanle, sit down here! (Pointing at the seat beside him)
MADE : this is disgusting! (He walks away from the dining)
BISADE : hey! Come back here, come and take your food along!
MARY : for God's sake Bis! How can you treat him that way? I'm out of here too! You'll eat alone with this brat!..(She stands up and also leaves)
BISADE : good! Better take your food along.....(Looks at Bola who is still standing by the chair)...come here dear, come and sit down here beside me....Comfort!
COMFORT : (coming to the table) sir.
BISADE : please pack their plates and take their food to them in their rooms let me eat in peace.
COMFORT : yes sir (packing the leftovers)
BISADE : come and sit here Bolanle (adjusting the seat for her)...Comfort please serve her some food before you go.
COMFORT : yes sir....(She serves Bola her food)
BISADE : how was school today?
BOLA : 'fayin'
BISADE : its time I start teaching you etiquette myself....its 'fine' not 'fayin'...Look at my mouth..(Pointing at his lips)...say it "fine"..
BOLA : (looking at Bisade's mouth and pronouncing it the way he did)...'fine'
BISADE : good....now look at the way I'm holding my knife and fork...hold it that way...(he teaches her how to use the cutleries)...okay try and use it to eat like that...
(He was gentle with her...)
BOLA : 'Unku'
BISADE : no, its Un-cle, say Un-cle
BOLA : Un-clu, no Un-cle
BISADE : good...you're learning...whatdo you want to say?
BOLA : I wanto zay, I can eaty in the kishin if they no wan me to eat yere.
BISADE : no, you will eat here, they are the ones that will leave the table for you not otherwise....okay
BOLA : I don like fighty...espessial if I am the causer.
BISADE : I know....you're not the cause of it...just leave everything to me okay?
BOLA : okay....(She smiles forfully)...
(after trying to use the cutlery for a while, she keeps looking at the way Bisade is using it...) Unclu...Un-cle...I get 10-10 in 'maz' today.
BISADE : really! You got ten over ten?
BOLA : yez...only me for the class.
BISADE : that's good! I'll take you out for ice-cream on Saturday then...
BOLA : haa I haf to do plenty home wonk o.
BISADE : hmm...less I forget, all your personal teachers will now be coming to take you in the house, so you will follow your school bus home everyday from now on.
BOLA : oke....tanku for efry tin. God blez you.
BISADE : amen...okay eat your food now....
(Meanwhile, in Made's bedroom...)
MADE : Mum, what is it with Dad, has that girl hypnotized him or what?
MARY : I don't know o..in fact, I was surprised at the way your father is treating her.
MADE : that girl, she must be a witch, that was how she hypnotized all the soldiers at camp against me.
MARY : which reminds me...where did you meet her?
MADE : this was what happened..(he explains everything to her)
MARY : oh...only for you to now come and meet her in your house...?
MADE : about to eat on the same table with me?...its still feels like a dream...
MARY : son, just take things easy.
MADE : Mum, I can't stay with that girl in the same house.
MARY : come on son, you are still serving...
MADE : Mum, serving or not, she should be in the village where she belongs!...
MARY : but your father thinks otherwise...andwhat can we do?
MADE : (pacing)...I can't just believe this...
MARY : son, I'll do something about it don't worry dear, calm down, (going to pat him)
MADE : its as if I'm dreaming... I couldn't even enjoy my food...
MARY : don't worry, I'll tell Comfort to bring some food up stairs for you.
MADE : damn it! (Hitting the chair)
MARY : its okay son...less I forget, Bridget is getting Married tomorrow will you come with us?
MADE : don't know yet Mum, can't even think now.
MARY : alright, in case you're going, your Dad and I will be leaving by 10am tomorrow....I'll leave you to rest...(Standing up to leave)...I'll tell Comfort to bring more food for you.
MADE : I've lost my appetite!
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
The following day was a saturday, Bisade and Mary dressed up leaving for the wedding.
Mary goes to Made's room to ask if he will be coming with them...)
MARY : son, we're going for the wedding, are you coming?
MADE : No Mum...I want to stay home and rest....is that girl going to?
MARY : I don't think so.
MADE : good...
MARY : good?....why?
MADE : I'm going to stay home and give her a piece of my mind since Dad won't be here to help her. I should do that before I leave.
MARY : (chuckles)....alright then bye.
MADE : bye Mum...
(Meanwhile Bisade dresses up and goes to Bolanle's room. He knocks at the door)
BOLA : comi!
BISADE : (entering)...Bolanle...
BOLA : good 'morin' z-sir...(Kneeling down)
BISADE : good morning dear how are you?
BOLA : am va..fine.
BISADE : and its not good 'morin'..its good morning, say mor-ning..'ning' not 'rin'
BOLA : mor-ning
BISADE : good girl...(Speaks in yoruba) be listening to how people pronounce those words and change it okay.
BOLA : yes sir...(Speaks in English)
BISADE : good...we're going for a wedding will you come?
BOLA : haa...I af...(Corrects herself)...haveto do my home wonk...work...and I have to wash my cloes (picking her words)
BISADE : clothes...
BOLA : cl-othes...
BISADE : you don't have to, let Comfort wash them for you while you do your home work....okay...
BOLA : yes sir.
BISADE : alright, take care of yourself. I'll buy something for you when coming back.
BOLA : okay...bye bye.
(Bisade gets down stairs and tells Comfort to wash Bola's clothes for her. While doing that Mary comes around...)
MARY : why should Comfort do the laundry for her? Can't she wash her own clothes?
BISADE : does Made wash his own clothes?
MARY : (dropping her bag)...for God's sake, that's Made! Made is our son she's not....
BISADE : Made is human just like she is.
MARY : this is disgusting and outrageous! How can you compare our son to her?
BISADE : I'm not discussing this issue with you! (Faces Comfort)...Comfort please do the laundry.
COMFORT : sir, she doesn't ever allow me use the washing machine. She's always washing her clothes in her bathroom upstairs.
BISADE : she has a lot of home work to do and I've told her to give them to you.
MARY : for God's sake, Bis, why do you keep treating this girl like she's a god or something?
BISADE : (ignores Mary still facing Comfort) Comfort, am I clear?
COMFORT : yes sir.
BISADE : (now turns to Mary)..I'll be in the car. (He leaves for the car)
MARY : wonders shall never end...(Clappingher hands, she carries her bag and follows him...)
Bola washes her clothes and takes her bathe. After dressing up she goes downstairs to get her breakfast. As she was leaving the kitchen, carrying her food to the dining, Made who has being waiting patiently in the sitting room saw her and walks up to her....)
MADE : (laughing and clapping his hands in anticipation)....so you are now feeling like you also own this house, right?
BOLA : good mor-ny- mor-ning sir?(feeling really scared of him)
MADE : no, this one is a bad morning for you! (He snatches the food from her hand)...so you came here to eat my food and act like you own this house right?
BOLA : I don't take your food nau, aunty 'confor', give me this food.
MADE : just listen to her, village brat! So you think you can come here and start acting like a small god bah?
BOLA : Unclu-cle, say I shu do my home work o...ehn ehn I don wan wahala o.
MADE : who are you talking to? (He pushes her)...because of you, yesterday, my father didn't allow me eat on the dining!
(Comfort walks in seeing them...)
COMFORT : Oga Made, please take it easy o.
MADE : hey...(Turns to Comfort)...who called you here? Will you mind your own business!....(Turns back to Bola)....so you, let me tell you something....this house is not big enough for you and I....so you better start thinking of leaving!
(Bola sits down, she remembers her granma and starts crying)
BOLA : if not my mama agba (granma) die you tink I come to your house?...(Crying)..I like our village, I like our varm...the place is nor fine but I like it like it be....I don vorce myself to come yere. I don vorce myself. Is Baba Akande that bring me...(Crying)
MADE : then go back where you belong! Go back to your stupid village! You don't fit in here! Just listen to your english, even our house help speaks better than you!
(Bola runs to her room crying...)
BOLA : (speaking in yoruba, in her room)...oh Mama, if only you had not died, all this won't be happening, I know we're not rich but we were happy...I was happy with you....(Crying)...I don't like this place...(She couldn't stop crying...)
(Meanwhile, Made sees her crying and felt remorseful. He looks up and sees Comfort looking at him..)
MADE : what! What are you looking at! (He drops the food on the table and leaves for his room.
Comfort takes the food to Bola in her room...)
COMFORT : Bola, its okay, stop crying..(Patting her) don't mind him, that's how he treats all of us in this house.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
BOLA : he have hate me since he see me fos time.(Crying)
COMFORT : its okay, take your food and eat.
BOLA : hungry is not "cashing" me again..(Crying)
COMFORT : its okay Bola, don't let his behavior affect you...eat your food...its okay...
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
EP 11

Bolanle could not eat her food anymore, for she lost her appetite and kept crying, wishing things had not been this way.

Made later went out to see his friends, not bothered about how he treated Bolanle.

Later in the evening, Bisade and Mary came back...)

COMFORT : welcome sir, ma...
BISADE : hope all is well in the house?...(Remembering he had left Bolanle at home and Made did not go with them either)
MARY : where is Made?
COMFORT : he has gone out....but I don't know where he went to.
MARY : okay...
BISADE : where's Bolanle?
COMFORT : she's in her room sir.
BISADE : please, go and ask the driver for the ice cream and snacks I asked him to get.
COMFORT : okay sir...

(Comfort leaves for the car and Mary who had been listen to Bisade's conversation with Comfort butts in...)

MARY : (sitting down wondering why her husband bought ice-cream)... you want to take ice-cream?
BISADE : no...(Relaxing on the sofa)
MARY : (turns to face him)..then who is it for...Made?
BISADE : no, Bolanle.
MARY : (surprised) so...that is the reason why you asked the driver to stop by an eatery...
BISADE : yes.
MARY : ehen...(Clapping her hands in anticipation)...hmm...okay...(She goes upstairs)

(Comfort later came back with the things she was asked to bring from the car...)

COMFORT : here they are sir...(About giving it to Bisade)
BISADE : they are for Bolanle, go and give it to her....did her tutor come?
COMFORT : no sir...may be he's not coming today.
BISADE : haha...why...anyway don't worry, I'll call him myself.
COMFORT : okay sir..(She was about going but she turns back)...sir...
BISADE : yes?
COMFORT : em...please sir...I think you need to talk to Bolanle sir. She has been crying since morning.
BISADE : (surprised) why? Why was she crying?
COMFORT : I think she remembered her grand mother abi her mother, I don't know. She has been crying since morning.
BISADE : okay. Bring those things, I will go and talk to her.
COMFORT : okay sir...(Giving him the snacks and ice-cream)

(After crying for sometime, Bolanle decided to study for a while, this she was doing, when Bisade knocks at the door...)

BOLA : comii!
BISADE : (entering)...Bolanle...
BOLA : good 'aftunoo' sir (kneeling down)
BISADE : how are you? (Going to sit on her bed he decided to switch to yoruba language in order to communicate well with her...)Speak to me in yoruba...I want you to express yourself well...you know I've told you to see me as your father.... I heard you've been crying since? What is wrong?
BOLA : (switches to yoruba)...nothing...
BISADE : come, come and sit beside me.
BOLA : yes sir ((Standing up from the ground and sitting on the bed, she sits close to him)
BISADE : why were you crying?
BOLA : I want to go back to our village.
BISADE : (surprised)...why did you say that? I thought you are happy here? Am I not treating you well? Did I offend you?
BOLA : no, not you, its your son...
BISADE : which reminds me, how exactly did you meet him and where?
BOLA : he's one of the teachers in my school. But before then, I once washed his clothes when they were in camp.
BISADE : washed his clothes? How?
BOLA : one of Mama's friends who usually amend clothes in NYSC camp was ill so Mama took her place. Then I used that opportunity to do laundry for the corpers. I washed his clothes one day and gave it to him still wet because I was going home and it was getting late. He got angry with me and hated me since them. I was surprised when we resumed school and found him teaching in out school.
BISADE : (in his thought : wonderful! Such a small world, they even met without my knowledge)...hmm...
BOLA : so he has been punishing me since then.
BISADE : really? How?
BOLA : he would tell me to go to his house and wash all his clothes. He also made me fetch water for him everyday.
BISADE : Made did that? I can't believe this!
BOLA : its the truth, I'm not lying...
BISADE : (cuts in)...its okay I believe you....but hope he didn't do anything to you? Did he touch you or...
BOLA : (cuts in)...no he didn't.
BISADE : (takes a deep breath)...thank God because that would have a terrible consequence.....so, tell me exactly what happened today? What did he do to you?
BOLA : he said I don't belong here and its true. I can't speak english well too. In my school I don't have friends, they all make jest of me because I can't speak english well. In our village I have a lot of friends.
BISADE : Bolanle...I understand you, but Comfort does not make jest of you, does she?
BOLA : no.
BISADE : and she's your friend isn't she?
BOLA : yes.
BISADE : see those people in your school, don't bother yourself about them, very soon, you will speak better english than them and they will come begging to be your friend okay?
BOLA : okay.
BISADE : and about Made, I don't want you to think like that...look here...Made is just jealous of you. He is jealous that I'm giving you attention...(He adjusts himself)...see, Made is a spoilt brat. His mother spoilt him so I need you to be strong to face him. Don't let him intimidate you the way he used to. I know you're a very strong girl and can march up to him. Show him that you won't take rubbish. Don't worry, I will be here to support you...okay?
BOLA : (skeptical)...but...
BISADE : but what?
BOLA : he's the owner of the house...
BISADE : (cuts in)...you are also the owner of the house so don't allow him mal-treat you...about speaking english very well, are you not working on it?
BOLA : I am.
BISADE : good...continue. Very soon you also will soon start speaking english the way those other people speak. That's why I told you to listen to how other people speak and learn from them...(Adjusts again)...promise me you will try your best to make sure you don't repeat your class...
BOLA : I promise.
BISADE : and promise me that you will not allow Made to scare you in any way.
BOLA : (thinks about it)...okay.
BISADE : and from today call me 'daddy' not Uncle again...
BOLA : okay.
BISADE : if you do well in your school don't tell anybody this, I will send you to America.
BOLA : (surprised)...me?
BISADE : yes you.
BOLA : (surprised)...thank you sir.(Kneels down)
BISADE : stand up, you don't have to do that...its my responsibility.
BOLA : I promise you I will do well in school.
BISADE : so....(Bringing out the ice-cream and snacks)...this is what I bought for you..
BOLA : (collecting it) thank you sir.
BISADE : I will get you a TV in your room, I want you to be watching english movies, you can learn english from there too, okay?
BOLA : okay...(Smiles)
BISADE : whenever you're through reading and done with your home work, you can watch movies...
BOLA : okay...Thank you sir.
BISADE : feel free to come to me for anything...anything at all...
BOLA : I will do everything you asked me.
BISADE : that's good...now eat your snack...
BOLA : okay...(Smiling)

Mary waited impatiently for Made to come back. Immediately she saw him, they went into his room to talk...)

MARY : Made, the way your father is treating this girl is suspicious.
MADE : why?
MARY : do you know he asked the Driver to stop by an eatery to buy some snacks and ice cream. I was even thinking he got it for you, only for us to come back and he told Comfort to go and give it to that girl.
MADE : (laughs)...he's trying to 'Behind' her up. You know she doesn't eat such things in her bush village...imagine what will happen if our family friends come around and we all start eating snacks and ice cream...the whole scenario will be so funny...(Laughs)...I really need to see her with the ice cream...she must have spat it out...I can bet she has never seen ice cream before in her life...!
MARY : (surprised that Made is taking the whole thing as a joke)...Made, this in not funny...
MADE : where is she Mum? Is she still taking the ice cream?...
MARY : I can't believe this....I'm going to bed...(She walks out of his room and goes to her room)

(Made noticed Mary's reaction and got thinking about what she just said...)

MADE : Mum sounds like she's suspecting something...could she be right?....okay when I get back to that God forsaken village, I'll find out everything about her.

Throughout Made's stay at home, he avoided Bolanle till he went back to his post.

He resumed on monday morning and kept to himself all day, not able to get the issue of Bola out of his mind.

Towards afternoon, Made is in the staff room with Chidi and Femi, who noticed his mood...)

CHIDI : (looking at Made)...Made what is wrong with you? You've been keeping to yourself since morning, hope there's no problem?
FEMI : that's true...you've not said anything since morning except 'good morning'...
CHIDI : (turns to Femi) I thought he went to lagos for the weekend?
FEMI : of course he did...(Remembers something)...oh less I forget, Ngozi came to check on you on friday evening...
MADE : what for?
FEMI : I don't know..I just told her you went to Lagos to return today. She said she'll check on you today or so..
MADE : I'm not in the mood to see anybody.
FEMI : (turning to face Made) come, hope all is well?
CHIDI : hope nothing bad happened when you traveled...
MADE : I met the shock of my life when I got home on friday...
FEMI : a shock? What kind of shock is that?
CHIDI : (moving closer to Made)...can you share it?
MADE : I met that girl in my house, my own house!
CHIDI : which girl?
FEMI : (looking at Chidi)...which girl is he talking about?...(Turns back to Made)
MADE : that slave girl...
FEMI : slave girl...(Looks at Chidi)
CHIDI : wait! (Standing up)...you mean the girl in SS1...what's her name...(Trying to recall)
FEMI : (cuts in)..are you talking about Bola?
CHIDI : yes Bola...(Remembers the name)
MADE : who else?
CHIDI : (surprised)...you don't mean it...
FEMI : how come? I don't get.....(Moving closer)
MADE : that's the big surprise I got...
FEMI : (cuts in)...meaning she's your sister or what?
MADE : hell no! What do you mean by that? She's not my sister!
CHIDI : that's true...wait what's your surname, what hers? Or what is going on?
MADE : surname.... I never even asked her...
FEMI : when you didn't have a reason to...that's not even the thing, what really happened?
MADE : I got home and my Mum said a cousin will now be staying with us...lo and behold she's the one.
CHIDI : your cousin, how come you've never met her?
MADE : well I know her Dad who is my Dad's Uncle or something...but I've never met any of his kids before.
FEMI : but I thought her friends said she was going to stay with her Dad in Lagos or something...
CHIDI : (turns to Femi)...yeah that's true..I can remember you saying that...
MADE : is that what they said?....(He remember's something)....wait...there's something wrong in all this story...(He stands up and works around)...I can remember her saying she was staying with her 'Mama' or something like that...she never mentioned Uncle Akande...(Thinking)...she never mentioned anything about Uncle Akande being her Dad....
FEMI : wait...I'm getting confused here o....
CHIDI : same here, I don't understand jack...
MADE : after Mum and Dad went for that wedding, I saw her taking food from the kitchen to go and eat, so I challenged her, took the food from her and told her to go back to her village then she started crying, saying something like...."if not that her Mama die or something"....and she said Uncle Akande didn't tell her something or so...can't remember but I know I heard something like that...(Thinking)...and Mum said she's Uncle Akande's daughter...that means there's something wrong somewhere...
FEMI : (standing up)...wait, if I'm getting you right...they said she's this Uncle Akande's daughter...but you don't think so...?
MADE : wait, I need to find out where she stays and....(He storms out of the office)
FEMI : wait are we saying the Uncle Akande is staying in Bola's village or what? Or how did she know the man?...this their story is so clumsy...
CHIDI : hmm...I smell trouble o.
FEMI : hmm...if the girl's friends told us she has gone to her father's place in lagos and Made's Mum is saying they are cousins...
CHIDI : If you ask me, I'd say his father is hiding something...
FEMI : better don't give him ideas...
CHIDI : that's true...but...talking of the girl...I'm happy for her. I should get close to Made since she's staying at his place...
FEMI : haha...leave the poor girl o, she's still small...
CHIDI : the better....
FEMI : you're something else...(Taking his seat)

(Meanwhile, Bisade was at his office that same monday, when his phone rang. He looks at his phone and sees its Akande. He picks the call, speaking to him in yoruba..)

BISADE : ...hello Uncle?
CALLER : ...Bisade...how are you?
BISADE : good morning Uncle?
CALLER : good morning, how is everything?
BISADE : fine Uncle.
CALLER : and Omobolanle?
BISADE : she's fine, she's even in school as we speak.
CALLER : are you sure she likes it there? .....I was thinking may be she will prefer being here. I can take care of her you know...
BISADE : why did you say that?....(Wondering if Bolanle had called him to tell him anything)...
CALLER : eh...its because of your wife, is she okay with her there?
BISADE : (he remembers she doesn't even have a phone to do that)...that's her problem Uncle, she's my daughter remember, so she has the right to be here...
CALLER : its just that I don't mind taking care of her here...I can help you.
BISADE : I can take care of her myself...Uncle don't worry....(Remembers Akande had complained about taking Bolanle in earlier on)...wait Uncle....before Bolanle came to stay with you, you were complaining of feeding too many mouths, now she's left you are asking for her back....what is really going on?
CALLER : eh.....em....you see Bisade....for the few weeks that girl spent in my house, my sales increased drastically....at first, I thought it was a co-incidence, but since she left, the sales have dropped back to what it used to be.
BISADE : (chuckles)...so what made you think that its because of Bolanle?
CALLER : look at you? Don't you know there are people like that? When they stay with you and you spend money on them, you experience unwarranted income.
BISADE : hmm....(Starts laughing)..so now you want to keep my daughter there has a sales-charm abi?
CALLER : its not totally like that...but...
BISADE : (cuts in)....no buts Uncle.... I'm sorry, I want her to go to a good school, and live with me. I'm sorry to have disappointed you...
CALLER : okay.... but please, once in a while let her be coming here to greet us.
BISADE : I've heard you...(After speaking with Akande for sometime he hangs up)...could that be true?...(Thinking about it)

(Meanwhile, Made hurries to Bola's former class and calls her friend, Abike out for questioning...)

MADE : your friend Bola, where did you say she went to?
ABIKE : si zay Iya Agba zay Baba Akande go take her her fada house for Eko.(Translation: she said granma told her that Pa Akande will take her to her father's house in lagos)
MADE : where was she staying before?
ABIKE : she lif wit Iya Agba for dia aba' (translation: she lived with Mama in the compound)
MADE : where?
ABIKE : for our village.
MADE : what's the name of your Village?
ABIKE : Ila-Odo...
MADE : so she knows Uncle Akande?
ABIKE : is Baba Akande o...
MADE : (remembers he's talking to a partial illiterate)...yes Baba Akande...and where does Baba Akande stay?
ABIKE : awa village naani...(Trans : our village of course)
MADE : (thinking)...you can go back to your class...

Made was destabilized after talking to Abike. He could not think of any other thing, he went back to his room immediately...)

To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Diamondamsel(f): 6:02am On Sep 26, 2014
Thnks 4 d update.............i'm api 4 d girl n am sure things ar gonna turn out right
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Aipete2(f): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
See this bastard oh
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by olaglamour(f): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2014
Kudos
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Wether Made like it or not he will be the one to leave dat house 4 Bolanle and he should better change that his behaviour for good.Thanks for the update
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
EP 12
(Made puts a call through to his mother...)
MADE : Mum..
RECEIVER : yes son...
MADE : em..where is Uncle Akande staying?
RECEIVER : in your Dad's village, of course.
MADE : Ila-odo, right?
RECEIVER : I think that's the name, yes...any problem?
MADE : oh no, was just wondering...I just heard its not so far from here.
RECEIVER : oh really...
MADE : yes, so I just wanted to confirm...alright Mum, we'll talk later.
RECEIVER : okay son.
MADE : bye...(Hangs up and starts pacing thinking of the whole situation)...its now clear that Dad and Uncle Akande made things up...they said she's Uncle Akande's daughter...thenhow come she's staying with her granma and not Uncle Akande's...if she's really his daughter, why will she be staying with someone else when her father is in the same village...(Thinking).....and we have the same surname....is it possible she's Dad's daughter....after all, her friends said she will be going to her father's place, not her Uncle's place in lagos....(Thinking)...can she be Dad's daughter?....no, it can't be...she can't be my sister, God forbid!....whatdo I do, should I tell Mum about what I discovered....(Then something occur to him).....or better still, use it to blackmail Dad.....I could use it to blackmail Dad into bringing me back to Lagos to do my youth service....yes!I can do that. Scratch my back, I scrub yours....(Thinking)....that's a good idea! Dad won't have a choice than to do what I ask....then....not only that, I can use that to make him give me whatever I want...(Laughing)....yes! This is a great discovery....(Laughing) that's what I'll do. I'll go home again next week....in fact, with this, Dad won't have a choice than to push that girl out....(Laughing)
Meanwhile, Bisade goes to visit Segun at his office, and they are discussing what happened between Made and Bola...)
SEGUN : wait you said he knew her before now?
BISADE : yes...
SEGUN : and are you not scared he may find out Bola is your daughter?
BISADE : so?...
SEGUN : (surprised)...you said 'so'?
BISADE : yes, so? I don't care. If he finds out, I'll declare it.
SEGUN : you'll tell Mary?
BISADE : of course...
SEGUN : you better be careful...we don't need any kind of problem now...
BISADE : what problem are we talking about? I shouldn't be ashamed of my daughter, should I?
SEGUN : that's not what I mean...
BISADE : then what?
SEGUN : Bisade...you know how all these women can be? How will she feel if she finds out that you have a daughter? She may do something dangerous to the poor girl...
BISADE : (thinking about what Segun said)...you're right...
SEGUN : and then, Bola how will she feel if she gets to know that you're her father yet you refused to acknowledge her all these years...she will be really disappointed...
BISADE : that's exactly what my problem is. I don't know how to tell her I'm her father...
SEGUN : hmm...you will, when the time comes, but for now let her get to know you more and love you first.
BISADE : in fact, I have a good feeling that girl brings good luck.
SEGUN : (surprised)..why did you say that?
BISADE : if you can remember, the following day after she got to my house, I went to register her in a school.....
SEGUN : yes...
BISADE : the following day, my construction company got the Lion Estate contract worth over 5 billion naira. Then, my beverage company, experienced massive sales, that all our dealers couldn't get their full demand. Our stock finished before we were able to order for new raw materials....!
SEGUN : haha...could that not be a co-incidence?
BISADE : so I thought till Uncle Akande called my attention to his observation...
SEGUN : how?...(Confused)
BISADE : he also noticed the same thing when she was with him.
SEGUN : how do you mean?
BISADE : see, he called me...(he explains his conversation with Akande)....his call made me realize the whole thing.
SEGUN : you're right, if the same Uncle Akande that he can't feed too many mouths, can say this, then it's absolutely true...
BISADE : you can imagine....
SEGUN : she is a blessing then....
BISADE : She brings me good fortune...
SEGUN : I should bring her to stay with me too then...(Laughing)
BISADE : you're not serious...(Laughing)
Mary is at her office attending to some official issues with Mr Thomas, her manager...)
THOMAS : ma, I don't advice we go into such a business
MARY : (looks at him with disgust)...why?
THOMAS : because that's not our line.
MARY : so? What's wrong in deviating into another line of business?
THOMAS : we have no experience in that line and so we can't know all the risks involved...
MARY : then we find out...
THOMAS : its not that easy Madam...
MARY : (cuts in)...look I don't care. That's what I want to go into now and nothing can stop me.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
THOMAS : (seeing she's adamant) okay Ma. I'll work on it...(He leaves for his office)
MARY : I don't know what's wrong with this people.. We've been making beverages for ages why can't we dabble into properties? After all, Bisade has different companies doing different businesses...(Hisses)
Far away in Jos, Sister Anna has been transferred to a convent there. She was happy to meet some other Sisters with whom she had worked with years back.
After spending some weeks, she got talking with Sister Mabel...)
MABEL : Sister Anna, what of that boy, the one that survived from the two we found on the same day?
ANNA : oh he's fine...in fact, he's been with a family for a while now.
MABEL : and how is he doing?
ANNA : very well...they are really taking care of him.
MABEL : do you visit him there?
ANNA : oh...he was quite little when they adopted him so he doesn't know about his adoption and we don't want him to know....though,I visited him when he was still very young, just to ensure he's well taken care of. Afterwards, I stopped going.
MABEL : but is that right? What if his real parents come around?
ANNA : (surprised) after how many years?..don't forget that the orphanage has been moved from there for years now...
MABEL : ...okay... It really pained me the other boy didn't survive...
ANNA : yes...due to his mother's carelessness...
MABEL : his mother? Are we sure it was his mother that dropped him there? Because I don't think any mother would do that to a child...he was just a day old remember?
ANNA : yes he was a day old, the more reason why I said it was his mother that dropped him... Don't be decieved Sister Mabel, some of this women can be so callous.
MABEL : hmm....what a pity...and you know what?
ANNA : tell me...
MABEL : I won't be surprised if she comes looking for her son some day...
ANNA : eh?...where will she find him? One, he is dead, two, the orphanage is not there any more, so where will she go looking for a child?
MABEL : (shaking her head)...all the same, I know she will regret what she did some day...
Its a friday afternoon, Bisade was at the office when Made walked in without knocking or allowing the secretary do her job.
She follows him to explain things to her Boss...)
MADE : hi Dad..
SEC : em....sir I tried to stop him, but he didn't listen to me.
BISADE : (surprised to see Made in front of him, he sees his secretary trying to apologize for not being able to stop Made, but he waves her off) ...so...this one that you came to my office, I hope I'm safe?
MADE : oh....Dad, that depends largely on you...
BISADE : (shocked but didn't show it) oh....
MADE : yes Dad....(Taking his seat)
BISADE : (wondering what he's got to say)...tell me...
MADE : Dad...tell me....who did you say Bola is?
BISADE : who did your Mother tell you she is?
MADE : Dad, I am the one asking you here nau, I think I deserve to know.
BISADE : (chuckles)...I can see that your manners are getting worse everyday...
MADE : (looks away from him)...Dad that's just your way of avoiding questions....
BISADE : anyway, is that why you decided to barge into my office that way?
MADE : Dad, I feel its very unfair for you to just impose someone on us, without a good explanation on who she is.
BISADE : (thinking of how best to handle the situation)....alright...we'll discuss it some other time. Right now, I have pending issues to deal with. May be when I get home....or are you going back today?
MADE : no...but I want the issue to be between you and I that's why I came to your office.
BISADE : oh...you don't want your mother involved?
MADE : no.
BISADE : okay...tomorrowthen, we can both go out and talk.
MADE : okay Dad...
BISADE : you can tell one of the drivers to take you home.
MADE : its alright Dad, (standing up to go)I can take a cab....and by the way Dad, can I take my car when going back to my post?
BISADE : no, I can't risk it. Traveling? No. There are drivers here to take you to the motor park and bring you back whenever you're coming home.
MADE : okay....(In his thought....we'll see about that)...I'll see you at home....(He leaves)....
BISADE : hmm....this boy is up to something....I have to be ready for whatever he may say....its obvious its about Bolanle....I believe he may have found something out....(Thinking about it)...oh....I can remember he was once her teacher..he may have found something out.......(Chuckles) ...better don't try to be too smart boy...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
Made got home and saw Bolanle having her lesson in the garden with her home tutor. He feels so disgusted seeing her right there...)
MADE : I can see you're trying to come up real hard...keep it up...(He laughs and walks away...)
AKIN : who is he?
BOLA : Daddy son.
AKIN : Daddy's son not 'daddy son'
BOLA : okay...
AKIN : he's so arrogant.
BOLA : hmm? What is arrogat?
AKIN : ar-ro-gant
BOLA : okay...ar-ro-ga-nt...
AKIN : it means to be rude and proud.
BOLA : what is ruge
AKIN : ru-de
BOLA : rude...
AKIN : when someone does not have or show respect.
BOLA : ooookayyy...haahe don't have respet rara o.
AKIN : he "doesn't" have "respect' res-pect, not he don't have respet...and stop adding yoruba to your english.
BOLA : okay...he doesn't have res-pect.
AKIN : good. Let's continue....
The following day, Mary went out early in the morning, so Bisade and Made had the space to talk alone, they decided to stay home instead....)
BISADE : so....I'm all ears...
MADE : yeah Dad, you've not told me what she is to us, I mean Bola.
BISADE : and I said who did your mother say she is?
MADE : but Dad, I am asking you now.
BISADE : look here young man...I don't have time for all this...(About standing up)
MADE : Dad...hold on...
BISADE : look Made, I have places and things to do.
MADE : Dad, you told Mum that Bola is my cousin and I know that's a lie.
BISADE : its a lie...so you know more than me?
MADE : Dad...let's talk like matured men here...
BISADE : oh really...(Adjusting on his seat)
MADE : Pa Akande stays in the same village with Bola, but not in the same house, can you explain that?
BISADE : why not go to Uncle Akande and ask him?
MADE : Dad is that what you will say?
BISADE : what else do you want me to say?....wait, are you expecting me to tell you how my Uncle had a child with another woman and blablabla or what......? Why will I do that? You're just a kid and moreover its none of your business!
MADE : (shocked and confused)...but...I thought....
BISADE : you thought what?
MADE : never mind Dad, I.....I was just confused that's all....
BISADE : wait, is that why you wanted us to talk privately? Without your Mum being there?
MADE : em....I...I...
BISADE : (cuts in) if there's nothing else...I have to go.
MADE : o...okay Dad, sorry I took your time...
BISADE : its alright...( Seeing Made was about leaving, but he calls him back....)...come back let's talk....
MADE : (coming back)...okay....(Sits down)
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2014
Bisade better open up the truth.keep it up
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by onosj(f): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dis Made self he 4get say no body know tomorrow @ atymat more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
EP 13
(Bisade sits up facing Made more closely...)
BISADE : sit down.....you see, that girl is such a nice girl. If you can get to know her, you'll really like her. I want you to see her as your sister...
MADE : (cuts in, while standing up)...my what? Hell no!....how can you expect me to see her as my sister? Its crazy enough knowing she is my cousin and now you're...
BISADE : shut up Made! How dare you say that? Look, let me tell you this...I've decided to take her up fully as my daughter. In fact, she now calls me Dad...
MADE : what? why Dad?
BISADE : why not?
MADE : its absurd, why can't she just call you Uncle instead?
BISADE : well, that's how I want it. After all, I'm old enough to be her father...
MADE : (cuts in)...that's no reason for her to call you father! Neither should you keep showering her with all those things...
BISADE : (cuts in)...why not?
MADE : (cuts in)...because she's not your daughter, damn it!
BISADE : (stands up at him) What is wrong with you?! Can't you stop being so arrogant and pompous?
MADE : (seeing he has said too much, he sits back)...I just don't like that kind of arrangement that's all....
BISADE : well...as it turns out, there's nothing you can do about it.
MADE : ( getting really angry)....okay. (He walks out without saying anything else to his father)
BISADE : come here!....(Seeing he didn't answer)....how come I raised such an arrogant and spoilt brat....!
After the phone call Mary received while Ada was at her house, Ada could not keep it to herself. The moment she learned that Nora was around, she went to see her...)
NORA : (sitting beside her friend)...Ada, what is so urgent that we can't discuss when I come back next month?
ADA : Nora, I went to Mary's house last week and something funny happened.
NORA : what is that?
ADA : she received a call from someone called Julius.
NORA : Julius, so?
ADA : don't you think it could be the same Julius?
NORA : haha...after how many years? Moreover, there are other Julius' for God's sake. Stop sounding like any Julius she knows is the same Julius from school.
ADA : wait Nora, let me finish...
NORA : okay...(Mockingly)
ADA : when I asked her, could you believe she acted really suspicious...in fact, she couldn't receive the call in my presence. She had to go to the study to receive that call.
NORA : really? .....(Now paying more attention to her)
ADA : yes. She stylishly pushed the idea away. Remember she doesn't know we suspected her then.
NORA : yes. None of us gave her a reason to....(Thinking about what happened years ago)...
ADA : and another thing...there's this girl staying with her now...my instinct tells me she is Bisade's son...
NORA : hmm....Ada! Are you saying this because you still have that grudge against Bisade?
ADA : no...
NORA : (cuts in)...Ada...are you sure? I know you still nursed that feeling you had for him for years...
ADA : (cuts in)...hey, that's not it. I'm married now and I love my husband. How can you still think I'll hit on another man.
NORA : hmm....okay, if you say so.
ADA : well, if you ask me...I'd say Bisade is stupid if that girl is not his. He should get his own child somehow don't you think?
NORA : oh well...that's if Mary will allow it. You know Bisade is so blinded by Mary's love...
ADA : so blinded he didn't even see that some other girls were interested in him...
NORA : (chuckles)...hmmm...you know what? Let me see the girl first and I'll tell you what I think.
ADA : alright...its so funny...I mean, with all Mary's secrecy, we know all her deeds.
NORA : are you sure we know it all?
ADA : why did you say that?
NORA : what do you think happened all those time Bisade was looking for her...the time he kept calling us up asking about Mary.
ADA : was that not the time she had the baby...
NORA : why then was her husband looking for her everywhere? Even we her friends didn't know where she is and she kept us away for about two years...
ADA : yes. I remember...
NORA : we wouldn't even have suspected Made was Julius son if not for the resemblance...it was too much.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Huh huh
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Are you a writer or an aspiring writer, this workshop is for you...
https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:19am On Sep 28, 2014
ADA : yeah....she thought she managed to fool us all...but hey, I was the one that called your attention to it o.
NORA : yes I remember...then it was more like you were looking for a reason why Mary is not good for Bisade...
ADA : I don't know why she didn't just settle for Julius...after all, Julius was very handsome.
NORA : that's why almost every girl wanted him...
ADA : except me...
NORA : hmm...I remember you were in love with Bisade since the first day you saw him.
ADA : but he never noticed me...
NORA : well...let's forget about that now.
ADA : hmm....you're right. I still wonder how she managed to make Bisade accept Made...
NORA : hmm...things we do for love...
ADA : indeed....that's not love, my friend, that's stupidity...allowing your wife to keep another man's son when you have none...if you ask me, I'd say she used some kind of charm on him...
NORA : Ada...

(Far away in the south, Julius is in his parent's house, one bequeathed to him by his father. His nurse had just arrived that morning, giving him his drugs...)

JULIUS : please were you able to locate the woman?
NURSE : I couldn't locate anyone by that name when I got to the address you gave me....though someone said there's a woman who might know her. But she wasn't in. I may help you check back when I'm leaving tomorrow.
JULIUS : thanks....I don't know what else to do...
NURSE : but are you sure that was her friend's place?
JULIUS : that's the only friend that used to come and check her then.
NURSE : but hold on...how did you say it happened?
JULIUS : Philo was our house maid. In fact, I lost my virginity to her. She was the one that thought me the act of sex.
NURSE : how old was she?
JULIUS : she was quite older than me. She thought me the act of sex when I was fifteen.
NURSE : (surprised) what? She's such a Delilah!
JULIUS : and we continued till I was in the university, when I fell in love with Mary.
NURSE : then how come the pregnancy?
JULIUS : Mary and I were dating until her father forced her to marry one of his workers while she was still in school. But before the wedding day she was pregnant but then she didn't tell me till the boy became sick...
NURSE : wait you mean....she married her husband with your pregnancy?
JULIUS : that's what I don't know...there's a missing story in between.
NURSE : and the house girl?
JULIUS : well....we kept having sex whenever she wanted....
NURSE : and when she got pregnant?
JULIUS : she never told me too.
NURSE : haha.....how then did you know?
JULIUS : ...she just disappeared from the house without saying anything. Some years later, I met her friend who told me she got pregnant for me again, that's why she left...
NURSE : (cuts in)...again? Meaning its not the first?
JULIUS : so I asked and her friend said she's been aborting all the pregnancies...
NURSE : and she never told you?
JULIUS : not once. May be because she knew my parents won't accept it...
NURSE : ....what a mess...
JULIUS : I believe her friend will know her whereabouts and how to get in touch with her and my child.
NURSE : what of the other lady you talked about? The one that is married, does she have other kids?
JULIUS : Mary? I don't know if she has other kids. She's stubborn, she's not ready to allow me meet my son....and what baffles me is the fact that she said her husband knows the boy is not his...
NURSE : wait, I don't understand...is he impotent or what?
JULIUS : that's why I said there's a puzzle somewhere...
NURSE : okay, come again with her own story...
JULIUS : she just came to look for me years later that she needs to see me immediately, only to tell me that my son needs blood transfusion. I felt it was a joke, that was when she then told me she got pregnant for me before she got married....
NURSE : interesting...
JULIUS : yes,...and since I know we had a thing going then, I knew she couldn't lie about such. So, hearing its about my son, I came to his rescue and that was all.
NURSE : oh, so if not for the blood transfusion, you wouldn't have known you had a son with her or what?
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2014
JULIUS : well...you women are so unpredictable...
NURSE : hmmm....may God help us...
JULIUS : I just wish I can meet my children before I die.
NURSE : it is well...

For months, Made refused to go home.

In the staff room one day, he was talking with his friends...)

CHIDI : I miss home so much. I've not gone home for about two months now.
MADE : look at you....just two months, I haven't been home for about five months now.
FEMI : but how? You do tell us you're going to lagos....
MADE : yeah I do go to Lagos, not my house.
FEMI : haha...(Surprised) what then do you go to lagos for?
MADE : haha....to see my Mum and my friends.
CHIDI : wait...you're getting me confused....you go to see your Mum....and you don't go home?
MADE : I see her at the office of course. There I collect money and go to my friends' place from there.
FEMI : so you're keeping malice with your Dad just because of that girl?....(Laughing)
CHIDI : you're so funny...(Laughing)
MADE : what's funny?
FEMI : look at you...you're keeping malice with your Dad over your cousin...
CHIDI : when its not as if both of you are dragging the girl....
FEMI : wait...tell me....who is loosing?
CHIDI : abi o...because your father does not even know you're not around....or has he called you since then?
MADE : what do you mean by that? I'm his only son, his only child, he can't do without me so mind your business.
FEMI : Your father will keep pampering the girl while you are here in this village disturbing yourself...money, you're not getting, calls, he's not making, so?
CHIDI : you better accept what the old man wants, if not...you'll be on the loosing side big time!...(Laughing)
MADE : (getting really furious)...so...so you guys are just using me to catch your trips, abi?
CHIDI : you know what? I should get close to your Dad may be he may adopt me too...(Laughing)
FEMI : (turns to Chidi) haha....this time around he will disown his Dad.
CHIDI : the better for me....(Laughing)
MADE : you guys are crazy!
FEMI : which reminds me..... you keep ignoring Ngozi too, has she also adopted Bola nii?
CHIDI : (laughing)...that's true...
MADE : abeg, I don't have her time.
FEMI : that girl likes you o...
MADE : I don't like her! what!....(He leaves the staff room angrily...)

Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2014
About two months later, Nora runs into Made as she visits Mary at her office and....)

MARY : you, na wa for you o...nowadays, we hardly see you in Lagos, it seems you're now enjoying Abuja more than Lagos o...
NORA : abi...I can't leave my husband for so long, he's my life. He can't do without me either...
MARY : hmm...well done o, wife.
NORA : Mary, what's going on with Made? The other day we were talking on the phone, you said he was here to collect money from you, that he didn't go home.... Today again, when I saw him, he said he was going to his friend's place what's going on?
MARY : nothing big. He's quarreling with his father that's all.
NORA : and you're supporting him?
MARY : of course.
NORA : why?
MARY : because Bisade has decided to adopt that girl.
NORA : then what's wrong with that?
MARY : (surprised)...what's not wrong with it? Why should he?
NORA : come on Mary....you and I know that...(Looks around to ensure the door is well closed)...Bisade is not Made's father...so why doing all that?
MARY : so?...Look....I just don't have Bisade's time but with the attention he showers on that girl, I believe there's more to it.
NORA : more to it how?
MARY : that girl maybe Bisade's daughter...I mean, you need to look at the way he pampers her and totally ignores Made.
NORA : so what's wrong with that?
MARY : (surprised)...what do you mean what's wrong with that?!
NORA : look Mary, that man has been patient with you since the beginning, isn't it? You've not had a child for him have you?
MARY : so? Am I the maker of children?....moreover, I wasn't unfaithful...!
NORA : what! You weren't unfaithful? Was it not during your wedding preparations that Julius got you pregnant?..or you think we don't know?
MARY : (shocked)....what do you mean by 'we'?
NORA : 'we' your friends...
MARY : I ......wh....who....gave you people that impression?
NORA : Mary....so you really think we don't know that Made is Julius' son?
MARY : who the hell told you all these?...it was Julius, right?
NORA : no...Julius only confirmed our suspicions......look Mary, back then you were too secretive....and that gave you away.
MARY : well....Bisade knows Made is not his, so you people should mind your business!
NORA : (smiles).....hmm.....well...the more reason why you should allow him have a child too...was he not magnanimous enough to have allowed you keep another man's son in his house?.... Mary, let him be. If the girl is his, that makes the two of you.
MARY : look....that's not why I called to see you....
NORA : hmm mm...(Seeing she's not interested in the topic anymore)....okay why did you call me...?
MARY : who helped you to get land in Abuja?
NORA : which land?
MARY : the one you people used for the estate.
NORA : oh...its someone like that through a friend of my husband's.
MARY : can you get the person for me? I need land in that exact area.
NORA : haa....I don't think there's still land in that particular area again o.
MARY : how would you know?
NORA : because my husband wanted to get more but they told us the remaining land we saw had their owners.
MARY : notwithstanding, get me the man's number. He may know somewhere else where land is available.
NORA : okay. I will send it to you when I get home.
MARY : better....

(After Mary left she kept thinking about what they had discussed...)

MARY : damn all of you! You hypocrites I call my friends...thank God I'm able to fool them, if not they'll go and sell me out...nosy women....always prying...

To be continued....
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by onosj(f): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Welldone @atymat
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mary better let Made know his real father and let Bolanle be o.You are doing a nice work
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
EP 14
(Bisade was on his way out with his daughter when he made a quick visit to Barrister Segun at his office...)
SEGUN : I've not seen Made for a while now, is Youth Service that hectic?
BISADE : huh..that one, I've not set my eyes on him since the last time we talked.
SEGUN : haha...(Shocked)...that's barely three weeks after Bola got here, if I'm right...
BISADE : yes....he walked out on me and hasn't come back since then.
SEGUN : hmm...Bisade, if not for the fact that I know that you and Mary adopted that boy, I would have said you should go for a paternity test.
BISADE : well....that's the difference between what's yours and vice versa...but you know the part that confuses me....
SEGUN : tell me....
BISADE : Mary is so attached to him even more than the usual...do you know that Made goes to see her but never comes home...
SEGUN : oh really?
BISADE : yes...sometimesI wonder if Mary really adopted Made...
SEGUN : is it because of the way she showers him with everything?
BISADE :...well....(Shrugs)
SEGUN : (looking at Bisade's countenance)...is there something you're not telling me?
BISADE : (sits up)...can you remember I told you Made had an accident once?
SEGUN : yes, in school...
BISADE : good. When I got to the hospital, the doctor said he needed to do a blood transfusion, and knowing neither I nor Mary are the boy's parents, I became worried...but could you believe that one way or the other Mary found a donor, I don't know how, for the boy...
SEGUN : she found a donor...?
BISADE : yes she found a donor...
SEGUN : hmm....(Thinking about it)...may be she got someone whose blood matches the boy's.
BISADE : no, I don't think so. It was more like getting someone who she knew could give him blood.
SEGUN : Well.....may be she went to those at the orphanage to help out.
BISADE : well...I called Sister Anna and she said she didn't hear from Mary. Moreover, don't forget that the orphanage is far away in the east.
SEGUN : so.... What are you insinuating?
BISADE : I don't know what to think just yet....but let's leave that topic for now....(Relaxes)...I'll be going to the US with Bola. I'd promised to take her if she does well in school.
SEGUN : that's good. Made has traveled so many times. Bola should do the same...but have you told Mary?
BISADE : that one, she's busy traveling to Abuja and back....though I've told her.
SEGUN : and she didn't say anything?
BISADE : she did, I've only being ignoring her tantrums.
SEGUN : I see...When are you leaving?
BISADE : her school will be going on vacation next friday, so we'll leave saturday. She's even in the car...
SEGUN : (surprised)...then why didn't you allow her to come in...
BISADE : I felt you may be having a client or something....
SEGUN : oh please...let her come in...
BISADE : I'll call my driver to bring her in... (He picks up his phone and tells his driver to bring Bola into Segun's office)
SEGUN : and how is she doing in school?
BISADE : she's doing fine...its only her english that needs brushing up.
SEGUN : she'll come around.
BISADE : I'm waiting for her result...
SEGUN : what if she fails? I mean if she repeats the class, will that stop you from taking her abroad?
BISADE : of course not. Her failure is my fault not hers. I know she's been hard working, and if she fails or repeats, its because of the kind of foundation she had. I will definitely take her abroad for every vacation she has.
SEGUN : hmm....you're a good father.
(Then Bola knocks and comes in....)
BOLA : good afternoon sir...(Kneelingdown)
SEGUN : Omobolanle...how are you?....
BOLA : fine....(Standing up)
SEGUN : come, come, come and give Daddy a big hug.
(Bola looks at Bisade for approval...)
BISADE : its okay...he's your Daddy too.
SEGUN : hey, what's that?...you have to take permission from your Dad before giving me a hug? Come on, come here... (He stands up from his seat and Bola hugs him)...waow, she's getting more beautiful everyday... how is school?
BOLA : fine sir.
BISADE : my daughter is a beauty queen...or at least, I'm in the process of making her one.
SEGUN : that's good. If not for the fact that my first son is quite younger, I would have arranged you for him...(Laughing)
BISADE : oh...the bride price would be high then...(Laughing)
SEGUN : we are up to the task...sit down my dear...
BOLA : thank you sir....(She sits beside Bisade)
SEGUN : what do I offer this young lady...(Thinking)....let me call....(Picking up his phone he calls the secretary)...Lucia, please tell Ameed to come here...(He drops the phone)
BISADE : you don't have to bother...
SEGUN : oh, let me...
(The messenger comes to Segun's office and was asked to get Bola chicken and ice-cream...)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
BISADE : and she loves ice-cream...
SEGUN : so tell me what's your best subject?
BOLA : Economics.
SEGUN : waow! That's amazing...may be by the time you get to SS3 you'd have known what you'll like to study.
BOLA : yes sir. (Smiling)
SEGUN : Bisade, we should see before you go. There's something you'll help me to get over there.
BISADE : are you not going any soon?
SEGUN : not till next year, for summer...
BISADE : okay.... Its very early friday morning, Made is on his bed looking at his clothes. He remembers the last time he had to take all his dirty clothes to his Mother's dry cleaners. He then thought of going home after so many months...)
MADE : its being a while...puttingmyself in denial isn't helping. I've tried everything but its not working...I miss...I miss Dad too...I can just go home and come back on monday...(Thinking about it)...I'll(Later that day, Made got home, carrying his two suitcase, with the gate keeper helping him. On getting home, he found only Comfort at home...)
COMFORT : haha...Oga Made, long time o...
MADE : where's everybody?
COMFORT : they are not at home o.
MADE : (looking at his wristwatch)...Iknow Dad and Mum should be at work.
COMFORT : no, Madam traveled.
MADE : ...and Bolanle?
COMFORT : she's in school.
MADE : haha...at this time? Its 5pm already...
COMFORT : I don't know why she's not back o. Although they are vacating today, may be that's why she's late.
MADE : how can you just be here guessing why she's not back? Are you not suppose to call Dad and inform him that she's not back home, so he can find out why she's still not back.
COMFORT : (confused)...em...yes. But...why are you...
MADE : (cuts in)....will you go and do that and stop asking me foolish questions?
COMFORT : okay...(She reaches for the phone, thinking as she dials the number)...hmm....what is this boy up to now? This one that he's asking why Bola is not back, I suspect he wants to do something to her....hmm...anyway, I will call Daddy and tell him...(Dialing)...hello sir...
RECEIVER : hello...Comfortwhat's going on?
COMFORT : sir, Bola is not back home o.
RECEIVER : she's not back? Haha....at this time?
RECEIVER : okay...I will call her school to ask why...
MADE : what did he say?
COMFORT : em....he said...
RECEIVER : (hearing Made's voice)....who is that?
COMFORT : em Oga, its em....Made sir....(She looks at Made's face knowing he had always told her to refer to him as Oga Made while his father opposes it saying she should call him Made since she's older....(Beingbetween the devil and the deep blue sea)..she decided to obey Bisade)....
RECEIVER : (surprised)...Made is at home? COMFORT : yes sir...(Thinkingof the best way to report his sudden niceness right in his presence)...andhe was even the one that said I should call and ask why Bolanle is not back.
RECEIVER : really, let me speak to him...
COMFORT : okay sir....(Turns to Made)...he wants to speak with you..
MADE : okay...(Coming to the phone)....helloDad....
RECEIVER : Made...
MADE : good afternoon sir...
RECEIVER : hmm...this one that you have decided to come home, hope I'm safe?
MADE : its been a while I came home Dad...
RECEIVER : and this one that you're asking about Bolanle, hope she's safe too?
MADE : come on Dad, when did I become and assasin? I was just wondering why she's not home at this time....its past five already...
RECEIVER : you're right. I'll call the school to ask what is going on.
MADE : okay sir.
RECEIVER : how was your journey?
MADE : fine sir...
RECEIVER : alright. See you when I get home.
MADE : yes Dad....
(He hangs up and goes to his room taking all his stuffs along. He was about pulling his clothes to go and freshen up when his phone started ringing. He picks it up... )
MADE : (surprised its Bisade)...Dad....
RECEIVER : Made please can you go and pick Bola up?
MADE : why? What happened?
RECEIVER : their school bus developed a fault at Lekki, at another students house and the other school bus is still dropping other students. Though, they are working on the vehicle but we don't know when they will finish.
MADE : (looking at the time)...okay, but how do I know the place?
RECEIVER : they have given me the address, I'll send it to you now. Its close to your Uncle Segun's street on phase one, so just take the boycott bridge to Ikoyi straight.
MADE : ....okay...
RECEIVER : just take any of the cars in the house.
MADE : (He hangs up and starts dressing up)...hmm...so now that I want to go and pick up our village girl, I can take any car...oh well, I definitely can't take my car...
(He dresses up and goes to the said address. When he got there, he went straight to the security post asking to pick up one of the students. The gate keeper immediately allows him to enter. On entering the compound, he saw a scene right there : three girls were standing in front of Bolanle making jest of her...)
CYN : look at her, "I eat breakfast before I come"...(They all laugh) go home.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
ELA : is bread and butter I take...(Laughing)
SOLA : (laughing)...I get ten ten....
ELA : (laughing scornfully)...yesterday when Mister Gammy asked her to describe what reproduction is she said, 'reprodontion' is...
CYN : (cuts in)...oh come on Ela, what do you expect from a village Aunty?...(Laughing)..I'm sure that's why she's this old and still in school...
(They all laugh at her while Bolanle sits quietly, looking at the way her classmates mock her.
Made decided to intervene in the matter...)
MADE : hey!...(Walkingup to them)
(They were startled, they look back at the person with the voice. The three girls could not but admire the gorgeous tall guy that walked towards them.
Bolanle did not come to reckon with the stranger's face till she took the second look. She was surprised...)
MADE : ...look at the three of you...you're so ugly you can't seem to take it in...(turns to Cynthia)... Look at you, you've got a flat and crooked nose, that even a nose job can't correct it and give you a better face!
CYN : huh?...(Holdingher nose, she tries to look at it with her eyes)
MADE : and you...(Turns to Sola)...look at your ears, they'll soon start flapping, just like pumpkin leaves, not even the braids you have on are able to cover it...
SOLA : huh....(Covering her ears)
MADE : and you...(Turning to Ela)....look at your teeth, my finger can gladly enter in between them without touching....andyour lips, they are the triple of Anjelina Jolie's, so big!....look at you are...(Pointingat the three of them)...you're busy abusing her because she can't speak correct English...yet, you all are doing this because she's more beautiful than you all...(Grabs Bolanle, making her stand up)...guess what, she can be thought good english to even speak better than you all...but as for you, your defects can not be corrected!...(Hisses and turns to Bolanle)...you,let's go...(Pulls Bolanle towards the gate, leading her to the car, leaving the other girls dumbfounded for a while, till found their voices...)
CYN : who is he?...this is the first time someone will come and defend her.
SOLA : I don't know...he just came here abusing us...
ELA : I'm sure he's her boyfriend...
CYN : how can he be dating such a village girl...(Hisses)...
SOLA : (still checking how big her ears are)...are my ears really flap shaped?
ELA : (laughing)..itstrue, you kinda look like mickey mouse...
SOLA : shut up! What of you? You look like Shrek...hooger!hooger...!
CYN : he's so handsome....
(Meanwhile, Bolanle is still in shock as Made takes her to the car...)
BOLA : where you taking me to?
MADE : are you so dumb? We're going home of course!...(Opening the car)....Daddy said I should come and pick you...or don't you want to come?
BOLA : I 'wi' come....(Entering into the car)
MADE : (putting on the engine)...what was wrong with you back there? How come you kept quiet when they were making jest of you...all the time I've ever met you, you've always had a loud mouth, now that those brats were abusing you, you just kept quiet, you couldn't say anything, right? That your mouth is only loud when it comes to me...
BOLA : what should I said?....I just leave them, for God hands.
MADE : oh God...."what should I say" not what should I said!....don't you have an english teacher or something?
BOLA : I have. And Daddy say I in...im...improve well.
MADE : yeah right!....
(They both kept quiet as the traffic saddens Made. He later spoke out....)
MADE : I can't believe this!...look at the traffic...(His phone starts ringing and was about to pick it)
BOLA : Daddy say Brother Amed should don't carry phone when inside go-slow o...he say is not good.
MADE : thanks for the info dummy, but its Dad that's calling me....(He picks it)....hello Dad, the traffic here is killing...
RECEIVER : oh...I'm so sorry, have you picked her up?
MADE : yes...
RECEIVER : I'm sure she's hungry now....
MADE : (turns to Bola)...hey, have you eaten?
BOLA : no. When we got home, I wi eat.
MADE : Dad...I really don't know when we'll get home with this hold up.
RECEIVER : I should have told you to go to Segun's house and leave later on....
MADE : don't worry, we'll manage...
RECEIVER : alright.
MADE : okay Dad...(Hangs up and start looking for some of the traffic snack hawkers. He buys her a pack of pringles potato chips)...here, have it...(Stretching it out to her)
BOLA : (she collects it)...thanks you.
MADE : hey, its either thanks or thank you, not thanks you.
BOLA : thank you.
MADE : (wondering why she didn't reject it, he starts looking at her seeing how she opens and eats it )...so you know how to eat pringles?
BOLA : ehn? what 'pringlus'
MADE sadshakes his head)..never mind...have you eaten it before?
BOLA : (munching the chips)...yes ke...Daddy buys it for me.
MADE : no wonder...(Looksat her again)...hmm...you're becoming really pretty these days...you have any boyfriends yet?
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
BOLA : ehn, me, 'boysfriend' ke, no o, I didn't have boysfriend o. Mama and Daddy say if boys touch me, I will carry pregnant.
MADE : (starts laughing)...so you don't allow boys to touch you?
BOLA : yes.
(Then Made looks at her and touches her hand...)
BOLA : haha! Why you touch me like that!....(Cleaning it)...
MADE : let's see if "you'll carry pregnant" for real...(Laughing)
BOLA : I wi tell Daddy o...I will tell...
MADE : you're so dumb!....(Laughing)

*******(ProudlyAchiever's Youth Network)******
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
This Made guy,huh
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
EP 15
Bisade waited impatiently for Made and Bolanle to return home. He did not want to bother Made with calls while he drove, so he can concentrate, since it even dark already and its been a while he drove at night- well, so he thinks.
Made and Bolanle got home late, due to the hold up. When they got home, Bisade was waiting for them in the sitting room, showing a sigh of relief as they entered into the house...)
BISADE : oh...thank God you two are back...(Lookingat the time)...Made I'm so sorry you had to go out without even resting from your journey...
MADE : its okay Dad...I need to go and freshen up finally now...(Going upstairs)
BOLA : good evening sir...(Kneeling)
BISADE : how are you my dear?...
BOLA : fine...
BISADE : (checks to ensure Made did not hear him)...hope your brother did not do anything to you?
BOLA : (shaking her head)...no o.
BISADE : okay...I'm sure you're tired already...go and freshen up, then come down for dinner, okay...
BOLA : okay...(She leaves for her room)
(Some few minutes later they are all at the dinner as Comfort serves them dinner...)
BISADE : Comfort, please help Bolanle pack all she'll need for the trip.
MADE : (surprised)...trip? What trip is that?
BISADE : oh..I'm sorry, I've not told you, it skipped my mind...Bola and I will be going to the US.
MADE : hmm mm....when?
BISADE : our flight leaves tomorrow...
MADE : tomorrow?!
BISADE : yes...(Wondering why he's so agitated)...anyproblem?
MADE : I mean, I just came home and all of a sudden everyone will be away and the house will be empty...
BISADE : oh sorry son...but you know we can't cancel the flight, right? Why not call your Mum and ask her when she'll be returning?
MADE : you don't know when she'll be returning?
BISADE : I'm afraid not...
MADE : (shaking his head)...sometimes, I wonder if you guys are really married or you're just leave-in friends...or bedmates...
BISADE : (cuts in)...Made! What's wrong with you...
MADE : sorry Dad, its just that both of your are the weirdest couple I've ever seen. I mean, verbally, you don't seem to get along except when quarreling, you don't, play, you only talk when you need to take decisions etc...sometimesyou guys even sound like one of you is afraid of the other...
BISADE : (cuts in)...enough Made!
MADE : sorry Dad, but that's just the truth....
BISADE : just eat your food and don't get on my nerves this night.
MADE : hmm...(Eating his food)
BISADE : God...I can't believe I'm one of the parents that brought you up this way...(Turns to Bola)...Bolanleeat quickly so you can start packing your things.
BOLA : yes sir...
MADE : so how long will you be gone?
BISADE : a couple of months. We'll return for her resumption.
MADE : (looks at Bolanle)...so you're going to the US, huh?...I bet you won't hear a word they're saying..(Laughs)...better try to change your accent from there...
BISADE : Made...stop harrassing the poor girl.
MADE : this one poor? You should see the way she attacked me back in her village...
BISADE : oh...her village? Not yours, right?
MADE : (chuckles)...hmm...

Its early saturday morning, Julius' nurse visits him, bringing along another woman...)
NURSE : good morning...
JULIUS : good morning....(Looking at the woman behind, who looks familiar)
NURSE : I went back to that place and look who I brought to you...Mrs Blessing...the woman you asked me to look for.
JULIUS : ( tries to sit up, surprised)...how did you do it?..(Looking at the stranger's face)
NURSE : I was directed to where she now stays and I told her all about you, so she said she'll prefer to come and see you herself.
BLESSING : Julius....(Looking at what has become of him)...how are you?
JULIUS : still breathing...
BLESSING : when I was told about your predicament, I just had to come and see you....(Shakingher head, wondering what has become of such a handsome man)
JULIUS : thank you...please sit down...
BLESSING : thank you...(Sitting down)
JULIUS : please I asked of you because I need to know how to locate your friend Philo....
BLESSING : Philo...(Takes a deep breath)
JULIUS : what is the problem? Don't you know where she is?
BLESSING : Philo died so many years ago.
JULIUS : oh my God...what happened to her?
BLESSING : she died during childbirth.
JULIUS : oh my God...I'm...I'm so sorry, I didn't know...
BLESSING : its okay...its been long.....
JULIUS : may her soul rest in peace.
BLESSING : Amen.
JULIUS : but....please what about the child you told me about?
BLESSING : (takes a deep breath)...hmmm
JULIUS : please..I can remember you told me she was pregnant...
BLESSING : yes, that's true...
JULIUS : please...tell me, did the Baby live?
BLESSING : hmmm....that's another story entirely.
JULIUS : (surprised)....how? Please help me with the child...
BLESSING : that may be difficult.
JULIUS : why?
BLESSING : you see, it was your child she was about to have when she died...(Pauses)...
JULIUS : oh God...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
BLESSING : Although she gave birth to the child and told me to take care of it...but....I couldn't.
JULIUS : ....so what did you do?
BLESSING : I left the child at an orphanage....actually, in front of an orphanage. So they can take care of it.
JULIUS : where is the orphanage? Which one?
BLESSING : St Peter's orphanage.
NURSE : (surprised, on hearing the name of the orphanage)...sorry... did you just say St Peter's?
BLESSING : yes.
JULIUS : (looks at the Nurse) do you know the orphanage?
NURSE : yes. I've worked there before....but its been closed down now.
JULIUS : oh my God! I'm back to square one.
BLESSING : I dropped the baby there and they took care of him.
JULIUS : him?....so it was a boy?
BLESSING : yes, it was a boy...
NURSE : are you sure you dropped him at the orphanage?
BLESSING : yes....I ensured they picked him up before I left.
NURSE : sorry....but which year was that?
BLESSING : haa...(Trying to calculate)...that should be about twenty-one years ago or so.
NURSE : let me see.....(Tryingto recall)...hmm I had not started working there then.
JULIUS : so what can I do now? I need to locate him...at least see my son.
NURSE : you know what, I'll help you get in touch with some of the Sisters that worked there then. I still go to St Peter's maternity home to help their midwives.
JULIUS : oh please do. Thank you so much....

The Youth Service program has come to an end. On hearing Made is moving out immediately, they go straight to his room....)
CHIDI : I can't believe its a year already...
FEMI : yeah....thank God its finally over.
MADE : seriously, I can't believe I went through this for a whole year! (Packing some of his things)
CHIDI : when are you going home Made?
MADE : first thing tomorrow morning....oh less I forget, Mum will be throwing a welcome party for me at the house next saturday, you guys are invited.
FEMI : oh really?
MADE : yeah.
CHIDI : that will be great!...but we don't have your address...
MADE : I'll send it to you.
FEMI : imagine? All this while that we should have visited you.....all the time the school was on hols...
CHIDI : abi o? When he didn't go home nko?
FEMI : but wait, how far with you and your Dad nau?
MADE : huh..that one, he's in the US with that girl.
FEMI : (surprised) are you serious?
MADE : yeah they went the following saturday, immediately she vacated from school...why do you think I'm throwing the party at home? Its because she and Dad are not home. If not I would have done it in a club.
CHIDI : why can't you do it at home.
MADE : because I'm avoiding her...I mean my Dad.
CHIDI : which of them, Bola or your Dad?
MADE : both of them.
CHIDI : hmm... both of them...
MADE : y...yes..I mean Dad won't allow me have the party and...that Bola...I....I can't risk her speaking her kind of english in front of my friends.
FEMI : but Made, its time you get over this issue of keeping malice with your Dad.
CHIDI : that's a fact.
MADE : look, I'm still his only son, and there's absolutely nothing he can do without me...
FEMI : okay o....anyway....Guys what's next now? I mean, what next after youth service?
CHIDI : job hunting of course, what else?
MADE : not for me.
FEMI : (surprised)...why?
CHIDI : haha...you're still asking? His father has a company, why will he be searching for job again...
MADE : that's not even what I meant.
FEMI : then what?
MADE : see, my Mum has a company, my Dad has a bunch of companies...so for the next two years, I'm not gonna work. I want to flex!
FEMI & CHIDI : (surprised)...flex!
MADE : yeah F-L-E-X.
FEMI : please what does that mean?
MADE : it means doing nothing. Just partying, clubbing, eating, sleeping, doing nothing..... actually not working in short. I may even go to the UK for a while, don't want to be home with Dad and that girl.
FEMI : not even getting your Masters?
MADE : why do I need to get Masters when I will end up working in my own company?
FEMI : (laughing) this guy is so funny!
CHIDI : hmm....I love your philosophy jare, keep it up.
FEMI : (hits Chidi) how can you say that! Instead of you to tell him the truth.
CHIDI : haha what truth? A lazy man knows what is right but will never do it...
MADE : so who is a lazy man?
CHIDI : are you lazy? Haha, that's just a proverb.
MADE : take your time o.
CHIDI : anyway, don't forget to send us your address, so we can come for the party.
MADE : of course I will.

Made went back home and his mother threw him a big party for concluding his Youth Service program successfully.

After his Service, Made traveled to the UK to have some fun away from the village life he had experienced for a whole year.

Immediately after Made left for the UK, Bisade and Bolanle returned home from their vacation.
Bisade was just entering into his room when he noticed Mary's anger...)
MARY : so you went to the US with that brat, right?
BISADE : (trying to control himself)...so is there anything wrong in that?
MARY : you're asking me?
BISADE : of course....
MARY : of course...(Mimicking him)...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Eyah,well done atymat
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
BISADE : if I can go to the US with Made whom I only adopted, why can't I go with Bolanle my blood?
MARY : your blood...more like your daughter, isn't it?
BISADE : well, you can call her that since I've told her to call me father.
MARY : Bisade, look, I dare not find out that you cheated on me o....if you love yourself.
BISADE : (laughing)..yousound like my Mum...or better still my Boss...
MARY : wasn't there a time I was equally your Boss, after all, you worked at my Father's company then....
BISADE : good...'then' right? Now things have changed.
MARY : don't try to change the topic, Bisade! Just make sure you didn't cheat on me, or I don't find out, because if that's the case then get ready for anything...
BISADE : (cuts in)...like?..tell me, anything like?
MARY : Bisade, don't underestimate me....don't underestimate me o...if I don't have a child, how dare you cheat on me?
(Bisade ignores her and goes to bed...)
MARY : (lying down on her side of the 12tf wide bed thinking to herself)...hmm...I've been so busy with work, I've not had time to really find out about this girl. Is she really Uncle Akande's daughter? ...Well, I've not been close to either him or his wife, so I don't even know any of his children...(Thinking)...if I want to investigate, how will I do it? I can't possibly work up to them and ask foolish questions, can I?...or may be Bisade is just so attached to the girl because he has never had the pleasure of having a female child...or is she really his daughter? ...But if that's the case who gave birth to her? Where has she been since...or is this just a feeling of paranoia?....(Thinks again)....but with their attachment...Hmm... Am I not sleeping under a burning roof as it is?...although,my company needs me now, I can't afford to loose all the money my Father left to me, because I can't possibly look up to this man for money...I need to concentrate on my company first, once I'm sure the company is now having a good standing, I will then face Bisade and that girl....yes, that's what I will do...

Some months later, Femi came to the house to look for him. Bola was in the garden, she just ended her coaching with her teacher and was seeing him off to the gate...)
BOLA : I will tell him. But you can tell him on phone too...
AKIN : I definitely will. The only problem is finding another person to take you...
BOLA : so you don't know any other teacher?
AKIN : for now, I don't.
BOLA : okay...(She sees the security man talking to someone, and she looks at his face....)...haha....wait o... Mr Femi?
FEMI : (turns around, surprised)....wait a minute...em...(Trying to recall her name)...Bolanleright?
BOLA : yes....good afternoon.
FEMI : waow! You're looking different!...myGod! How are you?
BOLA : fine.
FEMI : waow!....(Looking at the beautiful damsel she has being transformed into)....I mean...I can't believe this...
BOLA : (smiling, she suddenly remembers her personal tutor is still beside her)....ha this is my teacher, Mr Akin.
FEMI : oh, nice to meet you..I'm Femi..I used to be one of her teachers back in Osun state...(Stretching out his hand for a hand shake)
AKIN : nice to meet you..(Receivingthe hand shake)...well (turns to Bola)...I'll be on my way now.
BOLA : okay sir. Bye bye...
FEMI : bye sir...
AKIN : bye (he leaves)
(As Akin was stepping out, Bisade's car honks and the security man opens the gate)
BOLA : oh...Daddy is back (she peeps outside and sees Akin walking up to Bisade...)
FEMI : oh that's Dad?
(Akin decides to talk to Bisade...)
AKIN : sir, I was still telling Bola now that I will be leaving for Abuja. You will need to get her someone else to take her.
BISADE : oh...that's sad. She's gotten used to you already.
AKIN : yes I know that sir but, I've gotten a job there which comes with an accommodation.
BISADE : you're a good teacher, I knew you'd get something very outstanding soon....its okay. We'll start searching for someone else for her....
AKIN : okay sir.
BISADE : when are you leaving?
AKIN : next week sir, but I will stop coming after friday, I have to put somethings in order before I leave.
BISADE : alright. Take care.
AKIN : yes sir, bye sir...(He leaves)
(Bisade's driver drives in. Bisade was surprised to see a man with Bola who is now running up to him)
BOLA : Daddy.....welcome sir.
BISADE : how are you dear?
BOLA : fine sir.
BISADE : (looking at Femi who is walking up to them)...who is that?
BOLA : he was my teacher in my village school.
BISADE : and what is he doing here?
BOLA : he said he wants to come and look for Made.
BISADE : (signals at Femi to walk up)....young man how are you?
FEMI : (running up to Bisade) fine sir.
BISADE : how may I help you?
FEMI : I'm a friend of Made's sir. We did youth service together. I've not heard from him for a while that's why I came to check on him.
BISADE : oh....he's in the UK...didn't he tell you he was going?
FEMI : he mentioned it while we were still in Osun state but I didn't know he has left.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
BISADE : come in...I can help you get his number over there.
FEMI : okay sir...
(They all go in...)
BISADE : Bola tell comfort to get him something to drink...(Sitting on the sofa, he opens the note pad beside the phone to check for the number)
BOLA : yes sir....(She goes to the kitchen)
FEMI : thank you sir...
BISADE : what are you doing now?(Writing out the numbers)
FEMI : I'm still searching for a job sir...
BISADE : what did you study?
FEMI : English sir.
BISADE : (leaves what he's writing, giving him attention)...really?
FEMI : yes sir.
BISADE : can you take Bola in english? Pending the time you get a job...
FEMI : well, yes sir, I'll gladly do that....
To be continued...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moments of Passion (18+) / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. / Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 326
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.