Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak (1737 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / The Story Of Moses: Bible And Quran' Be The Judge / Comparison Between The Bible And Quran With Proof. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by tola9ja: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2014

QUR'AN QUOTATION

Al-Ikhlas
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, (1) Allah, the Eternal Refuge. (2) He neither begets nor is born, (3) Nor is there to Him any equivalent." (4)
QURAN112:1-4
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,

112:2

Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
112:3

He neither begets nor is born,
112:4

And to Him none could be co-equal.

[b]
BIBLE QUOTATION

Genesis 6:1-2English Standard Version (ESV)
Increasing Corruption on Earth

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

Romans 8:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

John 1:12King James Version (KJV)

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Psalm 2:5-7English Standard Version (ESV)

5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6 “As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”

7 I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you

1 Chronicles 22:10King James Version (KJV)

10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

Jeremiah 31:9English Standard Version (ESV)

9 With weeping they shall come,
and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back,
I will make them walk by brooks of water,
in a straight path in which they shall not stumble,
for I am a father to Israel,
and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Exodus 4:22English Standard Version (ESV)

22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, Israel is my firstborn son,
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Hawlahscho(m): 12:02am On Sep 17, 2014
Gosh!!!

at last I wasted time sa!
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Empiree: 12:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Nice one. Shukran
tola9ja:
QUR'AN QUOTATION

Al-Ikhlas
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, (1) Allah, the Eternal Refuge. (2) He neither begets nor is born, (3) Nor is there to Him any equivalent." (4)

[b]
BIBLE QUOTATION

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

on Zion, my holy hill.”

10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, Israel is my firstborn son,
[/b]
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 17, 2014
Mythology at its best!!

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Empiree: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
tola9ja: [b]
do you have youtube video of Adepoju yusuf done in Akure?
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
[size=15pt] "God is not a man , that He should sin. And God is not the son of man , that He should repent" [/size] [Numbers 23:19 ]

* God is not a man.

* God is not a son of man

* God does not repent (whereas we have the same buybull telling us that God repent in some verse shocked shocked SMdh)

Jesus

* Jesus was a man

* Jesus was born by a human being (mary) i.e he was born of man

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
I sooooooo much like this Surah of the Quran, I like reciting it whenever am observing the subhi prayer.

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 1-2
Hallowed is He who from on high, step by step, has bestowed upon His servant the standard by which to discern the true from the false, so that to all the world it might be a warning:

He to whom the dominion over the heavens and the earth belongs, and who begets no offspring, and has no partner in His dominion: for it is He who creates every thing and determines its nature in accordance with [His own] design.

3 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by larrymoore(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
To say God has a son
To say he is a man
To say he died and rose
.............All na Uderstatement of the most High.
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by honeychild(f): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
@ OP
The Bible God has sons - everyone created by him is referred to as his child.

The Bible doesn't teach that Jess is God. That's a fabrication by Christian churches who have strayed away from the Bible.

Jesus is called the son of God because he was created by God - just like the angels and Adam.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by tola9ja: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Empiree: do you have youtube video of Adepoju yusuf done in Akure?
can i no the title
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by tola9ja: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
larrymoore: To say God has a son
To say he is a man
To say he died and rose
.............All na Uderstatement of the most High.
what did you mean
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by tola9ja: 5:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
honeychild: @ OP

The Bible doesn't teach that Jess is God. That's a fabrication by Christian churches who have strayed away from the Bible.

Jesus is called the son of God because he was created by God - just like the angels and Adam.
jesus is servant not son

act3:13 glorify is servant jesus
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
honeychild: @ OP

Good!

But do you agree that the sons meant doesnt literally mean that they were directly begotten by God himself.?

To be a son of God means to be an obedient servant of God

2 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Abdulsalam20(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
tola9ja:
QUR'AN QUOTATION

Al-Ikhlas
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

[b]
BIBLE QUOTATION

on Zion, my holy hill.”

[/b]
JAZAKUMULAHU QAIRAN FOR THE ENLIGHTMENT SIR

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Abdulsalam20(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001: [size=15pt] "God is not a man , that He should sin. And God is not the son of man , that He should repent" [/size] [Numbers 23:19 ]

* God is not a man.

* God does not repent (whereas we have the same buybull telling us that God repent in some verse shocked shocked SMdh)

Jesus

* Jesus was a man

JAZAK SIR

2 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by honeychild(f): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
tola9ja: jesus is servant not son

act3:13 glorify is servant jesus

why are you so fixated on Jesus? The angels are sons. Adam was called a son of God.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by honeychild(f): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Good!

But do you agree that the sons meant doesnt literally mean that they were directly begotten by God himself.?

To be a son of God means to be an obedient servant of God

what do you understand by begotten?
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
honeychild:

what do you understand by begotten?

(especially of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/begotten

My question now is Do you thing it befit an Almighty God to Procreate an offspring?

Lets Start from here

2 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by onetrack(m): 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'm atheist, so I don't care either way about such an issue, but it seems to me that if this god is all-powerful, then he can do what he wants. He can have a son, he can allow his son to be killed, then he can send a prophet to deny all of this, and then throw all the Christians and Muslims in hell and allow only the atheists to enter heaven.

It's a pointless argument.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
onetrack: I'm atheist, so I don't care either way about such an issue, but it seems to me that if this god is all-powerful, then he can do what he wants. He can have a son, he can allow his son to be killed, then he can send a prophet to deny all of this, and then throw all the Christians and Muslims in hell and allow only the atheists to enter heaven.

It's a pointless argument.

LMAO grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by tola9ja: 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
honeychild:

why are you so fixated on Jesus? The angels are sons. Adam was called a son of God.
dose that make sense to you the creator of the universe begot son
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by malvisguy212: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

(especially of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/begotten

My question now is Do you thing it befit an Almighty God to Procreate an offspring?

Lets Start from here
why not. A man born of the spirit of God, who will be his father?
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by tola9ja: 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
malvisguy212: why not. A man born of the spirit of God, who will be his father?
ok what of adam and eve without father without mother
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Anomnity: 12:09am On Sep 19, 2014
Yes!! you are His son if you have His full image and likeness in humility,longsuffering,purity,sanctity,sinlessness.Jesus Christ had all these.
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by MightySparrow: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Is JEHOVAH of Christians the same as ALLAH of the Muslims?Do Muslims accept they serve Jehovah?

It not just a name, but the person.
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2014
malvisguy212: why not. A man born of the spirit of God, who will be his father?

Please refer to my first quote.

* Jesus was a man - yes or no

* Jesus was born of man - yes or no

2 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by vedaxcool(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2014
Rilwayne001: [size=15pt] "God is not a man , that He should sin. And God is not the son of man , that He should repent" [/size] [Numbers 23:19 ]

* God is not a man.

Jesus

* Jesus was a man

Chie!!! this single post destroyed the foundations of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by proo212(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2014
But the Quran and Hadiths calls Jesus the Word of God and the Spirit of God.

If Jesus is the Word of Allah and the Spirit of Allah,

Are the Spirit and the Word of Allah eternal? Yes

Do the spirit and the word co-exist with Allah? Yes

Our apologists do not even know their own Quran

All these point to a simple fact! The Christians worship a different God to the Muslims....

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matt 3:17) God the Father

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. (Matthew 17:5) God the Father

And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? (Matthew 8:29) Demons

And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. (Matthew 4:3) Devil

do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God '? (John 10:36) Jesus Christ testifying of Himself

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. (1 John 2:22)

Those who say: ‘The Lord of Mercy has begotten a son,’ preach a monstrous falsehood, at which the very heavens might crack, the earth break asunder, and the mountains crumble to dust. That they should ascribe a son to the Merciful, when it does not become the Lord of Mercy to beget one!
—Qur’an 19:88

Let everything be established out of the mouth of two or three witnesses....This is just a sample. You have four witnesses testifying the Jesus Christ is the Son of God...

Again, this has been thrashed on this board soooooooo many times, its not new.

1 John 2:22 answers any questions, if someone questions this then we have to be asking what kind of spirit is working here. According to John 15:26, the Holy Spirit will testify of Christ. The same spirit in 1 John 4:2 will confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh is of God.
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by malvisguy212: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Please refer to my first quote.

* Jesus was a man - yes or no

* Jesus was born of man - yes or no
jesus was a man because he dwell a flash,when you die,your flash dosent count, it was that breath God breath in you that mather, the breath will reaturn back to God for judgment,because from the begining satan corrupted it, that why you need jesus to make you whole(pure) BUT IN THE CASE OF JESUS, HE WAS SINLESS, ONLY GOD CAN WALK THE EARTH SINLESS.
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by malvisguy212: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
tola9ja: ok what of adam and eve without father without mother
adam was the first man eve was the first woman, there case is difference, somewhere somehow, human must begin like that, moreover satan make man to fall.
Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by Rilwayne001: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
malvisguy212: jesus was a man because he dwell a flash,when you die,your flash dosent count, it was that breath God breath in you that mather, the breath will reaturn back to God for judgment,because from the begining satan corrupted it, that why you need jesus to make you whole(pure) BUT IN THE CASE OF JESUS, HE WAS SINLESS, ONLY GOD CAN WALK THE EARTH SINLESS.

You do err not knowing scriptures undecided

But this same buybull says in Job.

Job 25:4 How then can man be justified with God? [size=15pt] or how can he be clean that is born of a woman ? [/size]…

This buybull verse was saying anybody born of a woman is not clean - Yes or No

Jesus was born of a woman - Yes or No

And dont forget that

"God is not a man , that He should sin. And God is not the son of man , that He should repent" [Numbers 23:19 ]

2 Likes

Re: Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak by malvisguy212: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2014

* God is not a man.

Jesus

* Jesus was a man

you guys are sooooo spiritualy blind, witout understanding.

Numbers 23:19. God is not a man That he should lie means — Break his promise made to his people for their preservation and benediction. Neither the son of man
that he should repent — Change his counsels or purposes, as men
change theirs, either because they are not able to execute them, or
because they are better informed, or their minds are changed by some
unexpected occurrence, or by their passions, none of which things have
place in God. When the inspired writers speak of God’s repenting, as

only God can heal this satanic manipulation in you guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sarah Jakes And Her New Husband, Pastor Toure Roberts / Apostle Johnson Suleman 2015 Prophecies A-z / Pastor Chris Oyahkilome Visits Birth Place Of Jesus - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.