Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer (11724 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Firefire(m): 1:03am On Sep 17, 2014
Lagos—The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, yesterday said it will arrest and prosecute a Nigerian Professor of Ophthalmology at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, for what it described as unverified cure claim for Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, using native vegetable, Ewedu.

Meanwhile, the Agency has quarantined over 104 brands of sanitisers even as it arrested three Nigerian businessmen for alleged importation of expired hand sanitizers and fake Ebola test kits into the country.

Making these revelations in Lagos, the Director General of NAFDAC, Dr. Paul Orhii said the various pronouncements by some medical and pharmaceutical professors at these precarious times in the history of the country were more dangerous.

Orhii, who lamented the psychological trauma Nigerians have gone through in the last couple of weeks warned that the case of the professor at LUTH will serve as a serious warning to other Nigerians intending to mislead or cause panic through such bogus claims.

“One consequence of these unsupported and possibly fraudulent claims is that people may be misled into a false sense of invincibility on account of eating Ewedu or bitter kola and drop their guards. This is a national embarrassment and the Agency will not take such uncorroborated claims by supposedly learned people lightly,” he stated.

“These professors should not be patronised by Nigerians. Anybody who claims to have a cure for Ebola should come to NAFDAC, the Ethics Committee or the Treatment Research Group set up by the Federal government than causing more panic in the country.
”NAFDAC will immediately arrest and prosecute any Nigerian making such unverified claims as that could mislead the public.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/ebola-nafdac-prosecute-ewedu-cure-claimer/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by imperiouxx(m): 1:21am On Sep 17, 2014
Ewedu cure ko, okra cure ni.

Only in Nigeria you'll see many nonsense(s) cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by uken73(m): 1:21am On Sep 17, 2014
Did you say Professor of Ophthalmology?

What a way to try to make a name. NAFDAG should really help make her more popular with a prosecution.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by HonourablePomk: 1:22am On Sep 17, 2014
Better
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Joeself1(m): 1:22am On Sep 17, 2014
haahaaah
na wah ooo
ewedu.....heheheh
very soon na okro go soon treat Ebola
Nigerians sha....

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by born2lead01: 1:23am On Sep 17, 2014
I said it then that the Prof was paid by National Association of Ewedu seller in order to promote their product; immediate arrest and prosecution will be fine But I trust my country,this is Just an empty threat.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by kobonaire(m): 1:24am On Sep 17, 2014
An ophthalmologist (eye doc) claiming to have found a cure for Ebola, is the doc now going to be prescribing Ewedu eye drops??..chai .. medical 419 grin

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 17, 2014
Why are do they keep saying Ebola is incurable, after all only less than 40% of people in Nigeria have died from it in Nigeria.

Only less than 10% of white people who have ever been "diagnosed" has died.

So what is the be crime here in a doctor claiming to have a cure?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 17, 2014
Idc
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Silashavex: 1:24am On Sep 17, 2014
really
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Siga: 1:25am On Sep 17, 2014
But why do we Nigerians like to take advantage of ourselves....This is so sad ....why do people always think about ways to make money out of poor people's situations. ...The day we start thinking beyond money and love ourselves beyond money ...that's when things start to change....I mean...expired hand sanitizers. ...na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by FRANCISEKE1(m): 1:25am On Sep 17, 2014
Trado Medical Doctor of Ijebu land.atleast you are now popular.prepare your medkits for your inmates.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by HonourablePomk: 1:26am On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=FRANCISEKE1][/quote]

Whats the problem

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by vicoloni(m): 1:27am On Sep 17, 2014
I heard my wife complain bitterly about how scarce and costlier her dear ewedu now is in the market all thanks to Prof. 'ewedulabu'. He should be arrested sharp sharp!

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Ediss(m): 1:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Hahaha grin grin prof I just dey hala u sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by bettes(f): 1:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Wow I made it to the FP,I give God all the glory,it is neither by my power nor might,want to also use this as an opportunity to give a shout out to Natalia,my cat,loff you.

The ewedu rumour must have been started by Iya Ruka,the woman that sells amala and lafu close to my house,she's not had efo-riro since last week just ewedu soup.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Good move. How can a professor stoop so low.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by hunter21(m): 1:37am On Sep 17, 2014
The fact that she is an opthamologist doesn't mean she couldn't have made research into other fields in medicine,
isaac newton was an alchemist but he built the foundations of physics.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by freshprincex49(m): 1:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Land of Mediocrity......where corruption and wickedness holds sway! Nigeria oh my Nigeria I weep for thee...!
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Dreal1247: 1:38am On Sep 17, 2014
This is how they misled people into untimely deaths through excessive use of salt as ebola control medicine. Noone wants to die.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Ayatullah(m): 1:40am On Sep 17, 2014
DRAG PROFESSOR EWEDU TO NAFDAC!
What a shame to learn that some people are importing fake sanitizers to the country........ and for God sake why has LASU students not drag this Prof. EWEDU to NAFDAC...........Great Nigeria Students wake up to your responsibility. Nigeria needs martial law, so that fake drug sellers and fake Professors could face firing squad.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by vicot(m): 1:40am On Sep 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 17, 2014
I actually believed that. grin
From today I won't believe any "news" that make FP without verification.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by adepiero: 1:42am On Sep 17, 2014
Maurice iwu should also be prosecuted for misleading the public about garnicia kola (bitter kola) pose a cure for Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 1:48am On Sep 17, 2014
Haaa! Ebola still deh nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by ichommy(m): 1:49am On Sep 17, 2014
#Lobatan grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by ModusOperandi(f): 1:55am On Sep 17, 2014
LOL grin grin. The Opthalmologist didn't categorically say Ewedu could cure ebola grin, she only said it could increase one's immunity. But she should have consulted her "Ogas" at the top before making such claims sha.

NAFDAC should try and look into it before prosecuting her

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by chusks(m): 1:56am On Sep 17, 2014
I was here. grin
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by maxani: 1:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Does nafdac really have a case against the prof? No "drug" has been manufactured or sold here. Just suggestions on what to eat... But do I know.. I stand to be corrected.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Courageous Story Of A Nigerian Who Lost Both Kidneys / Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG / Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Protein. N13,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.