Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids (37845 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities Who Rocked Matching Outfits With Their Kids / Buhari's Late First Wife And Their Kids (Photos) / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by ChukwuCantDie: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
QuiverBox:

Pained Dude, Your Dad did not Changed the World?
Who are you calling dude? Which part of naija dem say dat? Anyway..im tired of these threads praising oyibos for rubbish they create, and my mpa is very well is yours?
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Joshuadon: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
great♥♥♥
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by QuiverBox(f): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
ChukwuCantDie: Who are you calling dude? Which part of naija dem say dat? Anyway..im tired of these threads praising oyibos for rubbish they create, and my mpa is very well is yours?

Pained Dude, Which side of naija Speaks English
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
tuagbo: Jesus Christ is a myth homeboy.He never existed.
lol atheism :/
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
really noice read especially the jacuzzi. Who woulda thought? smiley
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by rman: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
The first camera phone was invented by a dad that wanted to share the picture of his baby with family far away.

He connected a mobile phone to a camera with a little tweaking he was able to achieve that. Mobile phone manufactures built on his idea.
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by lawrenceunaa: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
ok nah no comment cheesy tongue wink
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Utter improvisation
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by lilo2hot(m): 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
tuagbo: Jesus Christ is a myth homeboy.He never existed.
watch your tongue boy
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by MizEmpress(f): 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kudos to all those super dads all over the world who made (or are still making) things work for their children in whichever way possible..I miss mine sad
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by chlowi(f): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Y
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by NnaNna4(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
MizEmpress: Kudos to all those super dads all over the world who made (or are still making) things work for their children in whichever way possible..I miss mine sad

Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by BRAVIES(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
really great dads
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Emmalot121: DID YOU KNOW? THE YEARS WE USE ARE NUMBERED AFTER CHRIST E.G THIS IS 2014 YEARS AFTER CHRIST.DON'T BE A FOOL,ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DATE THINGS AFTER A MYTH.YOU SEEM DELUDED AND HIGH ON PALM WINE MIXED WITH OGOGORO grin .2000 YEARS IS NOT TO LONG TO ASCERTAIN A ,MYTH.
ARGH!!! ITS BEEN MORE THAN 2000 YEARS NOW...
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by experimentist: 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
I want to invent something... *thinking* cry
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Jinyjagz(m): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
datguru: so, should i start crying that my dad didnt change the world because of me ? undecided
grow up dawg.
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by datguru: 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jinyjagz: grow up dawg.

Alright pig! NOTED, I will grow up
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by MizEmpress(f): 10:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
NnaNna4:

Sorry dear
smiley thank you
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by rosebase(f): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
dotna: Candido Jacuzzi

[b]Candido Jacuzzi was the youngest of seven inventive brothers whose family left a small town in Italy for Berkeley, California in the early 1900s. [/b]By the 1930s, the brothers were the owners of Jacuzzi Brothers, Inc., which designed submersible pumps for agriculture. It was Candido who made “Jacuzzi” a household word after a devastating illness struck his son.

In the winter of 1942–43, Ken Jacuzzi wasn’t quite two years old; he caught a fever that eventually left him crippled “from neck to knees” with systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Candido sold off property so that he could afford to spend more time at home with Ken. He paid for physical therapists and all kinds of cures—everything from goat’s milk to gold injections—though nothing seemed to work. But Candido found a real chance to make a difference for Ken when doctors discovered that hydrotherapy helped relieve the child’s pain.

The nearest hospital with a hydrotherapy unit was a long drive away, and Ken found the trip exhausting. So Candido went to work redesigning a sump pump that pulled water out of basements to create a water jet. Then he added an air inlet mixing the water and air that shot from the jet. The resulting pump created a whirlpool in the family bathtub, so Ken could have frequent hydrotherapy at home to relieve his pain. Doctors were pleased at how well the boy’s blood was circulating. It kept his limbs from atrophying. Dad was glad he was finally helping Ken.

At the request of a doctor, Candido patented his invention and sold it for medical use. In 1966, he invented a tub with a built-in pump and was issued a patent for the first version of the Jacuzzi “hot tub.” Eventually known simply as “Jacuzzis,” these outdoor whirlpools became popular throughout the world for recreation, and for giving their owners a “celebrity lifestyle,” a term that referred to Hollywood sexcapades. It’s likely that someone reading this very list owes his or her conception to Candido’s Jacuzzi.

Source: http://listverse.com/2014/09/16/10-good-dads-who-changed-the-world
shocked
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by lolaxavier(m): 11:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
metalliccards: I know of a dad whom actually d much more his name is J E S U S

What is this one saying.We are talking of real men here, not one comic or story book character. Jesus ko, scissors ni...

1 Like

Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Dolemite(f): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
am0s: what about Jesus Christ

If we're going to talk fictional characters, how about Batman. grin
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Dolemite(f): 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
lolaxavier:

What is this one saying.We are talking of real men here, not one comic or story book character. Jesus ko, scissors ni...

Hehe, you read my mind. These Jesus lovers don't know how ridiculous they are. grin grin
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Unionised(m): 12:14am On Sep 18, 2014
amzaq: interesting. necessity is the mother of all inventions. God bless Nigeria

and Abundance, the mother of Redundance...

Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by MeandSum: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Emmalot121: DID YOU KNOW? THE YEARS WE USE ARE NUMBERED AFTER CHRIST E.G THIS IS 2014 YEARS AFTER CHRIST.DON'T BE A FOOL,ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DATE THINGS AFTER A MYTH.YOU SEEM DELUDED AND HIGH ON PALM WINE MIXED WITH OGOGORO grin .2000 YEARS IS NOT TO LONG TO ASCERTAIN A ,MYTH.

First, no caps. it makes you look like one of those "Nigerian scammers" (no pun intended!).
Second, the year or calender, if you follow your own logic would be wrong by 4-6 years considering almost everything points to the fact that the historical Jesus was born 6-4 years before AD 1.

So, the fool here, I'm afraid is you sir.
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by MeandSum: 12:51am On Sep 18, 2014
ChukwuCantDie: Who are you calling dude? Which part of naija dem say dat? Anyway..im tired of these threads praising oyibos for rubbish they create, and my mpa is very well is yours?

Why are you using internet and computer created by oyinbo then? logic fail (facepalm)
other than you, what did your father create to benefit others?
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by Pamcrest(f): 1:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Stories that touch. Cool!
My humble submission
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by norguy: 2:29am On Sep 18, 2014
If my dad were to be alive he would ve don greater things for me. I love you dad n I miss you. I still thank my God for doing the greatest things for me … ..
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by cao(f): 4:39am On Sep 18, 2014
I'm surprised the OP didn't copy and paste everything. The other 8 dads were:

Amilcare Anguissola - He noticed his oldest child had a talent and let it shine. The big deal, it was 16th century Italy and the child was his daughter, Sofonisba, who became the first female Renaissance painter.

Joseph Friedman - He made the flexible straw, so it would be easier for his daughter to drink her milkshake.

Frederick Kohner - Created Gidget: The Little girl with the Big Dreams from his daughter's stories about surfing, which helped in making surfing a mainstream sport with teens.

Chiune “Sempo” Sugihara - This man deserves the whole copy & past treatment. It's a shame he never got more recognition when he was alive.

In 1939, Chiune Sugihara became the Japanese Consul General in Lithuania. By 1940, the Germans were conquering Europe and enslaving and massacring Jews. In July of that year, Jewish refugees from Poland began showing up in front of Lithuania’s Japanese consulate begging for visas so that they could get out of Europe before the Nazis caught up with them. Chiune wrote to his superiors for permission to issue the visas, but the answer was “no.”

Chiune knew he risked disgrace and possible imprisonment if he illegally issued visas. There would surely be consequences for his family, so Chiune included them in the decision-making process. Chiune’s oldest son Hiroki would later tell how his father had carefully explained that the people standing outside their gates needed help so that they wouldn’t be killed. “Help them,” the boy urged. With fighting coming closer, the Japanese consulate was closing, but until his departure, Chiune (with his family’s help and support) spent nearly every waking moment issuing over 2,100 visas for Jews and their families.

After the war, Chiune was disgraced, forced to resign, and struggled to find steady work. But although the ex-diplomat never spoke publicly in Japan about the events in Lithuania, he’d saved over 6,000 lives, and grateful Jewish survivors were searching for him. In 1985, Chiune was honored in Israel. Sadly, he died the following year without the world knowing much of his story. Those life-saving visas might have been remembered only by the survivors, but Hiroki—with both admiration for his father’s courage and pride in his own support of his father’s decision—spent much of his life publicizing Chiune’s courage. That publicity has allowed many to get to know and be inspired by the man called the “Japanese Schindler.” A short film based on Chiune’s life, Visas and Virtue, won an Oscar in 1997.

Amasa Coleman Lee - If you've ever read To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee, the character Atticus Finch is based on the author's father. He really was a white lawyer, who defended innocent black men in the South. It's a shame those cases were usually a farce - since those men were usually killed anyway.

Eddie Koiki Mabo - He established the first school that thought the indigenous (Aboriginal) history and culture in Australia. Plus, he also fought for the legal land rights for Aborigines - Australian government initially owned* the land, thereby denying Aborigines the right to own the land which their ancestors had lived in. He sued the government. After 10 years, he/they won, but he died 5 months before the verdict.
*they claimed it was unoccupied during colonisation, so they now owned it all.

J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings basically evolved from the bedtime stories he used to tell his kids based on a character he had created - Bilbo Baggins.
A new character was introduced after Tolkien was grading his students’ test papers and realized he’d written something on a blank page in a student’s exam book: “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.” The professor had no idea what hobbits looked like or how they lived; those details evolved in his bedtime stories about Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit who loved to eat good meals, smoke his pipe, and whose comfortable hobbit hole had everything he needed—except adventure.

William Jackson Smart - He was twice married, twice widowed and had a football team of children. He took care of all his children. His daughter, Sonora created (and successfully campaigned* for) Father's Day in his honour.
*Apparently, it wasn't a big deal at first, men didn't care for it - too sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by emmabest2000(m): 5:15am On Sep 18, 2014
Ok ooooo....
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by davidhugh743: 5:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Keep going. The third option is the best. And you can use sand with it. If you do the above option, you will find that what you save with the duffel bag is spent buying rubber mulch.Goji Vita You can use 18-wheeler truck inner tubes for your outer bag. And, they do not need inner bags to hold the sand. So, call around and find a tire store that sells these monsters. Go buy one or two. Use heavy duty scissors to cut across the inner tube either side of the valve. This will give you a circular tube with the cut ends meeting up. Add about 40 pounds of sand into one end. You can use a bathroom scale to weigh the sand in a 5 gallon bucket. Then take one of the ends and roll it up over itself by folding flaps about 4" wide over and over again. Tape the folded-up part around and around with duct tape. This both seals the sand inside and makes a handgrip. Now, this next part is important.Goji Vita You have the weight of sand you want in the tube. Now carefully see how far it goes. Add about a foot and a half to fold up the other end. Cut the other end. Fold it up and duct tape it again. It is very important you do not cut it off too short. It is important that the sand be LOOSE in the tube. It is the looseness that gives the functional fitness benefit. Now weigh out about 80 pounds of sand and do the above again. The 40 pound bag should take up about one third of the inner tube. That leaves you almost of the inner tube to make the 80 pound bag. So, fold up and tape one end. Add the sand. Leave enough room to fold up and tape the other end. Cut the other end. Fold up and tape the other end. Now you have an 80 pound sandbag.http://www.suplementosajudam.com/goji-vita/
Re: Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids by ChukwuCantDie: 6:55am On Sep 18, 2014
MeandSum:

Why are you using internet and computer created by oyinbo then? logic fail (facepalm)
other than you, what did your father create to benefit others?
Lies, the American government created the internet with an international team which included African-Americans. Mumu. As for oyibos creating the modern day PC you are using. The one-gigahertz computer processor chip essential to all computers today was invented by an African-American by the name of Mark Dean, he also invented the colour monitor you are looking at right now, as well as inventing the essential ISA bus for the PC, he holds three of the original 9 PC patents, and the most important. So tell me again how the oyibos created the internet and PC and i will jump through your screen and slap you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Surprised With Birthday Party In His Office (photo) / Kemi Olunloyo's Throwback Photo With Drake / Duncan Mighty Searches For Owner Of Wallet He Picked Filled With Pounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.