Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,789 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Baba Ni Jigi : Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 4) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baba Ni Jigi : Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 4) (1406 Views)

Baba Ni Jigi: Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 6) / Baba Ni Jigi :tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 5) / Baba Ni Jigi: "Tales Of A Coloured Girl." Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baba Ni Jigi : Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 4) by ayers11: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
I searched for the rechargeable lamp, it was lying lifeless on the floor. I raced back to the room.
I shined the light on his face. It was covered in blood.
I looked closely and shined brighter.
It was baba mi.
There was a rush of terror and fear on my face.
I was confused.
I was scared.
My body trembled, I didn't know what to do.
Baba mi was moaning in pain, a pool of blood was forming around his head. I sat down on the floor and watched as he called my name
"Kofoworola, help me, go outside and call for help...
I was beginning to feel pity for baba mi, I was beginning to feel remorse for what I had done...
Then the woman in me screamed at me!!
"Kofo, what are you still doing here?
This man raped you, take your brother and run away from here, run as fast as your legs can carry you, run before the monster gets up.
Run!!!!!!
I jumped up and raced to drag Jinadu out of bed, he was still snoring. I slapped his thigh, he winced.
"Jinadu, open your eyes, we are leaving this place, go and pick up some of your clothes...
I could see confusion spread over his face, he wanted to ask questions, but this was not the time for questions.
I had already packed a few cloth and was waiting for Jinadu, I gazed at the wall clock, it was fifty minutes after midnight.
12:50am.
Jinadu joined me, I grabbed his small hand and made for the door. I had already opened the door and was about to go out, then I felt a sharp shot of pain through my body!
It was my hair!!
Baba mi had pulled me by my hair. I staggered and crashed against the floor. He was about to pounce on me and attack me with his fist which was already tied into a knot. I closed my eyes and expected the rain of fist!!
" You are a wicked and stupid and bastard and foolish man".
it was Jinadu!!
He was cursing baba mi with all the fowl words that his linguistic repertoire could manage. He had a pestle with him.
Baba mi turned to him and before he could manage any action, Jinadu banged the pestle against his head.
He banged it again and again, hitting every other part of baba mi's body.
"Jinadu!! Stop it, he wouldn't bulge...
Seeing Jinadu with such rage and fury scared me.
I saw a monster that had to be killed in him.
I saw baba mi in him.
We ran as fast as our legs could carry us, we were headed to Mrs Seilas place. She was the only one we could run to.
The street was empty, an hausa man was just selling his last pieces of suya to one of the many bus conductors that hanged around abandoned buses.
My legs were heavy, I could not keep up with Jinadus pace. I was getting unwanted flashes from the days event, I felt a sharp pain beneath my stomach...it was hunger!
Blood was trickling from my pants. I wanted to tell Jinadu to stop, so we could rest for a few minutes. He was a little bit ahead of me. I called his name, he didn't hear.
I called again, gathering all the strength I could. Jinadu didn't hear...
He didn't hear because my voice had been reduced to a whisper, I could feel the life slipping out of me.
I passed out...
"Sister kofo, sister kofo!!.. wake up, sister kofo!!"
My sister, what has happened to my sister??
Is she dead??
I was scared, the street was dark , there was no one around. Not even the area boys. I sat beside my sister and watched her. I didn't know what to do.
What if we were kidnapped?
What if a spirit attacks us ??
There was blood stains on our clothes.
I couldn't locate Mrs Seilas place even if I wanted to, it was too dark...it was midnight.
I was going to wait here with sister Kofo until help comes.
I could hear footsteps, someone was coming. My heart raced. The street was very dark, so the person would not see us if we remained still.
Sister kofo was still not awake.
The footstep was getting closer now. I strained my eyes to see who was approaching.
The sight was scary.
He was big and tall, like a giant. I couldn't make out the face, as it was very dark. The person had several pieces of fabrics strapped loosely around every part of his body. He was muttering gibberish. He occasionally bent down to pick empty wraps of biscuits,sweets and all other dirts that littered the floor. That was when I came to terms with reality. He was a mad man.
My heart stopped in silence has he made his way past us. I heaved a sigh of relief as he left.
Just as I was recovering from the mad man scenario, a strong beam of light fell upon us, revealing us to all sorts of evil that crept in corners waiting to devour us.
Then a deep husky voice followed.
"Who are you?
"What are you doing there?
I didn't say a word!, i could feel the heavy burden of liquid waste product in my bladder.
The light was approaching us now, the cells in the wall of my bladder stretched and became thinner.
"I said what are you doing there??"
I remained quiet.
Hot urine made its way through my urethra.
I was wet and scared. I was harmless.
Did he not see that I was a helpless poor boy in the dark?
Did he not see that sister kofo is not awake?
Did he not see ??
The sweet voice of Mrs Seila filled my ears. She was making pancakes. The aroma made its way into my nostrils. I wanted to continue sleeping, and enjoy the warmth of the bed, but my fantasy was interrupted with a quick flash from the events of yesterday!
I jumped out of bed. Jinadu was not in the room. I walked hurriedly out of the room. I could still feel pain in-between my legs.
Baba mi.
Jinadu was being questioned by a man who seemed to be a security operative. He was dressed in black and he had a long wooden gun strapped around his waist.
Mrs Seila was seated beside Jinadu.
"Sister kofo! Sister kofo!...Jinadu called me".
The gaze of every other person in the room shifted on me. I carried Jinadu and examined every part of his body.
He seemed to have forgotten everything that happened yesterday. He had a lollypop. He looked so gentle and innocent. He was different from the Jinadu that banged baba mi repeatedly.
Mrs Seila told called me to come and sit beside her.
" Kofoworola, thank God you are finally awake. You have been asleep for two days now. This man here saved you, he brought you and jinadu to my house after he saw the both of you out in the streets. You should thank him"
I looked at the man with utter disgust. He reminded me of baba mi. I hate older men.
I managed a fake thank you. The man didn't even seem bothered. All he wanted was details about what happened with baba mi.
I narrated the ugly event, with tears swelling up in my eyes.
I held back the tears, i didn't cry.
If i was a woman, I was not going to be a weak one, I was going to be a strong woman.
The security operative left after a thorough session of questions that seemed unnecessary.
"I am going to get an arrest warrant for your father. We are going to press charges."
He waved his hands in the air as he banged the door against us.
Men, I hate men.
" Come and have something to eat Kofo, you have gone too long without food." Mrs Seila is a good woman. She is a mother.
Mrs Seilas house was a three bedroom flat. She had one room to herself, one for her two sons, and one for visitors.
She had cleared the visitors room for me and Jinadu, she even offered to get us some proper clothes. She had condemned the ones baba mi had bought for us.
Her two sons were very nice and charming, just like their mother. The elder one was Farook and the younger one Fareen.
We played together, ate together and argued together. I was drawn to Farook because he was very intelligient and always thought me new things. He was in his second year in the university...
Life seemed so good. We were happy with Mrs Seila.
It was a sunday evening, Mrs Seila came bearing news about baba mi. She said we were going to the court house the next day, that I had to prepare my mind to speak Gods honest truth when I am called to give an account of what happened.
"The lawyer is going to wave the injury you inflicted on him as an act of self defense, so you have nothing to be scared about". She went on.
" Kofoworola, whatever you say about your father is going to used to judge him. Make sure you make the right decision?"
Thank you ma, i said. She left the room saying something about food...
I was thrown into a web of confusion...what was the right decision, send my father to jail ??
Its been a month since the ugly incident, I was going to see baba mi tomorrow...
After dinner, I went straight to bed, my mind was heavy with the burden of baba mi's fate.
I rested my head on the pillow and took a long breath, my eyes were closed, but i was wide awake.
I was lost in my thoughts when I was suddenly distracted by the sound of the sinister hiss of the door.
The door opened slowly, very slowly.
I fixed my gaze on the door and watched as Farook made his way inside the room. I managed a smile.
What was he up to, some funny prank??
He was tip-toeing towards me, I wanted to jump out of bed and scare him.
No, I'll let him have the honor of scaring me, after which we would both laugh it all off. That would be a good way to get my mind off baba mi's trial tomorrow.
Farook was already beside me , I closed my eyes and layed still.
Oh he really scared me, he was another monster.
Farook abused every part of my womanliness with his hands, he touched everything. He touched my breast. He touched my vagina.
He didn't rape me, he touched me.
He kept on touching until he stopped suddenly and grabbed his penis. He made a funny sound and shrieked.
Then i felt a shot of warm pap-like liquid splash on my face. He wiped my face with his top and raced out of the room.
Hot tear drops burned my chicks as they rolled out of my eyes effortlessly. I was still.

Was this really home
Baba mi's trial is tomorrow, the sleep got to me.

To be continued.
Written By Odutuyo Adeyinka Sasa Eniyan.

1 Like

Re: Baba Ni Jigi : Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 4) by whitemosquito(f): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hmmm.. Damnedd if i dont follow this.
Re: Baba Ni Jigi : Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 4) by anasbeaut(f): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls more

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed On Hw To Get The Book Titled 'the African Child'- Camara Laye / The mistress- PART 1 / Nigeria's First Literary Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.