Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24574 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Gbawe2: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Isn't it time Africans demand better from their leaders instead of being sheepish followers of the corrupt elite?

They will never do that. Like 'herded' Cows they will always unite to lay the blame on 'outsiders' and 'foreigners' without the honesty, self-respect, bravery and dignity to see what their own leaders are doing which is far more damaging to Africa than anything/anyone else.

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by EVarn(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
First of all, we don't see you as a threat. Not now, not in the next 300 years... your infrastructure just can't catch up fast enough for you to be a serious "competitor".
Secondly, you really believe America hates you but China and Russia love you? Roflmao keep dreaming.
Anyway, the terrorist arm of your govt got exposed in far away South Africa, and that's all there is to it.[/quote] Guy,what Are U Saying?, U Are Not Even An American,so Why Spout These Sack Of Peanuts. Who Would Have Thought China Will Rival And Even Outmatch The US 20years Ago?, During The WWII Who Would Have Thought Japan Would One Day Rival The US In Technology And Sheer Creativity?,yet Here We Have It,can The US Fling Nuclear Bombs Into Japan 2day Anymore?,let Them Try It Again....It Only Takes One Revolutionary Factor To Change A Country.Guy If U Dont Know What To Say,get Informed.Iol.Just A Piece Of Advice,no Hard Feelings.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by skyfall: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lies, lies and more lies. This govt is disgusting. Jonathan, we've had enough of you. Go away!

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by chamboy(m): 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
EVarn: First of all, we don't see you as a threat. Not now, not in the next 300 years... your infrastructure just can't catch up fast enough for you to be a serious "competitor".
Secondly, you really believe America hates you but China and Russia love you? Roflmao keep dreaming.
Anyway, the terrorist arm of your govt got exposed in far away South Africa, and that's all there is to it. Guy,what Are U Saying?, U Are Not Even An American,so Why Spout These Sack Of Peanuts. Who Would Have Thought China Will Rival And Even Outmatch The US 20years Ago?, During The WWII Who Would Have Thought Japan Would One Day Rival The US In Technology And Sheer Creativity?,yet Here We Have It,can The US Fling Nuclear Bombs Into Japan 2day Anymore?,let Them Try It Again....It Only Takes One Revolutionary Factor To Change A Country.Guy If U Dont Know What To Say,get Informed.Iol.Just A Piece Of Advice,no Hard Feelings.
Nigga shut Up let d truth b Told, Nigeria can. Neva b in USA level in the next millennium

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by EVarn(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
chamboy: Nigga shut Up let d truth b Told, Nigeria can. Neva b in USA level in the next millennium
Here Comes The Problem, "Nigeria Can Neva B On US Level"?, Says Who?, Even Without Trying We're Africa's Biggest Economy(32nd In The World), I'm Not Holding Brief For Our Gov. Or For Any Political Party, But Inferior Mentallity Is Just One Of The Problems In Nigeria,who Told You That We Wouldnt Experience Massive Development If The Right People Come Into Government, Do U Know The State Malaysia Was In 30 Year Ago?,go And Look At Them Now. America Fought The Britons For There Independence Too,the Difference Is Just Dat They Made Good Use Of It.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by chamboy(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
EVarn: Here Comes The Problem, "Nigeria Can Neva B On US Level"?, Says Who?, Even Without Trying We're Africa's Biggest Economy(32nd In The World), I'm Not Holding Brief For Our Gov. Or For Any Political Party, But Inferior Mentallity Is Just One Of The Problems In Nigeria,who Told You That We Wouldnt Experience Massive Development If The Right People Come Into Government, Do U Know The State Malaysia Was In 30 Year Ago?,go And Look At Them Now. America Fought The Britons For There Independence Too,the Difference Is Just Dat They Made Good Use Of It.
story for the gods
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
So russia no dey there to buy weapons from, china nor dey? Nawa 4 9ja in their thinking

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by adconline(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Idiotic leadership begets idiotic followership!.. What happened to Isreal, Russia, Pakistan, India, Iran?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by JACKOFALTRADE: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
I don't give a damn!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Honeyking(m): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote
author=texaco1]This doesn't make any sense. There are countries and
many arms dealers that will sell arms to nigeria without the approval of
the americans. If this deal was between sa government and the fg,why do
they need to pay in cash? A simple bank transfer would have prevented
all these problems .why carry cash from nigeria is a private charter
flight to sa without any single govt representative to purchase arms for
nigeria and without even notifying the sa goovt of your arrival if
truly they are waiting and expecting you [/quote]

it was supposed 2be a deal behind tinted glass so they couldnt have announced their arrival to SA government na.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
DaBullIT:

Oga , Why you go call person fool na , i don take shepe this morning so i no go honor your insult with another insult ,Why i go spin wetin no need spin, Nigeria order for jet from russia, he don deliver this na sharp sharp delivery them want , and thank God them mention southie for the news we you ma self put for there

First of All , the news show say Sanctions dey untop Russia by EU and US . Russia too will probably be skipping protocols in order to beat the Sanctions , just like onitokunbo will drive through bush to escape customs

On August 12th CEO of Rosoboronexport, Anatoly Isaykin, said that the company signed a number of large contracts for delivery of weapons and military equipment to Middle East and North Africa. In particular, Bahrain will take delivery of Kornet-EM anti-tank weapon system; Namibia - small arms, Kornet-E systems, ammunition and trainers.

[size=15pt]Isaykin also noted that since 2013 Rosoboronexport signed contracts with the countries of Central and South Africa worth about $1,7 billion[/size] and the company's backlog in the region keeps increasing.

I think its safe to say that the Weapons they were going to purchase is probably the ones delivered to South Africa by Rosoborone Exports a subsidiary of Russian weapon's factory . and the news you linked to this quote proves my point again, most people read just to comment, not to understand . Summary of the news you linked

"In August a contract for delivery of a large batch of helicopters to Nigeria was signed. This refers to significant number of Mi-171Sh and a few Mi-35M helicopters", - Goreslavsky said. Unfortunately , I do not think those things have been delivered yet, With cash on plane , and a ready Jet , Federal Government can purchase and deliver the weapons instantaneously

It was reported earlier that EU expanded sanctions against certain sectors of Russian economy. In particular, the sanctions ban lending to five Russian state banks, three defense and three oil companies for a period longer than 30 days. For the first time United Aircraft Corporation, Uralagonzavod and Oboronprom Corporation (part of Rostec Corporation) made the sanctions list. The head of Rostec Corporation, Sergey Chemezov, was also included in the list. There's Ban / Sanction on Russia from Virtually every continent in the world , that makes trading with Russian Authorities directly kind of impossible if Nigeria wants to continue enjoying loan and grants from world bank

Isaykin also noted that since 2013 Rosoboronexport signed contracts with the countries of Central and South Africa worth about $1,7 billion Rosoborone Exports is the frontier / business partner with Russian Arms factory and they help Russia ship weapons to the world Including south Africa, its possible that Nigeria was planning to purchase Russian weapons from Southie

That being said , unless you have a more valid argument with no insults , do not quote me .

Below are comments and posts sent to DEMDEM , repent from your ways , nobody gets this much heat for no reason , something's wrong somewhere, and try to fix it , it helps

Opiosko: It's too early to waste precious time on naive kids who does not know how the world outside works. Enjoy ur blissful ignorance.

Opiosko: It's too early to waste precious time on naive kids who does not know how the world outside works. Enjoy ur blissful ignorance.

Mentcee: Can any 'good wish' ever proceed from Demdem, the vile, vain villain. Rotten maggot from the pit of hell fire!

Rexxie:
...fool mode..

Rexxie:
mind sayin' y u got ur tail in btwn like a frightened pup? or u brainsso'grounded (n dull,like always) it cant process up something pretty quickly,slowpokey...

Rexxie:
As dull as a huge cow..as grumpus as solomon grundy n definitely as 'fast' as slowpoke rodriguez..

Mentcee: i am really an imp from the depth of hell! Produce of a rotten kunt I am.

CyberWolf: Good for you..

Demdem:

U are the bastard that claimed ur father is a demon. Not only u but ur seeds, living and yet unborn will rot together in hell. Good riddance to human race.

tomakint:
My entry post? I never knew I had a follower in you.....for this reason, shake my hand odenson
Common man,u gonna make that eternal grumpus cry now...

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by DaBullIT(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Rexxie:
Common man,u gonna make that eternal grumpus cry now...

If his crying is remorseful , then I achieved a goal. I touched his life. Being a warrior in real is awesome , a cyber warrior is 1/100 of a real warrior

His username is like his home address and when people take note of stuffs like that. If he can change. He'll have a happier life virtually and in reality

I hope he changes. Ìjà ò d'olà , orúko burúkú ló ñ so no

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Benin Court Sends Igboho To Prison Pending Investigation / Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern / Buhari's Cabinet Members, Appointees Mentioned In Accountant-General N200b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.