Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24576 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Virus777: 7:31am On Sep 18, 2014
I don't believe this shitt, I don't believe the authorities will be stuppid enough to put up such a daft and pathetic defence.
However, if this is really true then...

I give up.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Rilwayne001: 7:31am On Sep 18, 2014
Whoever cast his/her vote for this government next year is mad

9 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by igwe4life(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Rubbish, why not for opt for Russia, China or even North Korea if really the US blocked arms purchase. At least they will seat up when they see us going east.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by sammieguze(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Impeach

Not when this govt is the best they ever had in terms of ability to embezzlement with impunity

arewanationz: And the LIES continue......

When will our legislators develop the courage to impeach this failed drunkard? angry

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by BTT(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2014
otokx: Could America have prevented them from buying arms from Russia?

Yes actually.

There are sanctions on Russia right now that disables her economy from selling arms.

I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by saintandsinnerz: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Aphrygian: My fellow nairalanders pls I would always want us to always curse or resist all Jonathanians on social media blackmailing APC.am nt affliated to APC in any way,buh if with all this revelations we don't believe that APC is clean abt this insurgents then Nigeria is heading for the precipice.cos most of this TAN people have sold there soul to the devil

Shut up, must you beg or cajole people to share the same ideology with you? And who told you the APC is not directly or indirectly responsible for the security challenges we are having? The reason why Nigeria is in this present state is because of people like you, who have sold their sense of reasoning because of a pot of porridge. PDP is not better, APC is not better and Nigerians are not better! We are all the same

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by holluwai(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Thieves, ole, barawos!!!!!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Analyst2: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2014
IF TRUE AS PER WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS SAYING...THEN NIGERIA SHOULD BUY FROM RUSSIA, CHINA ,FRANCE AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHO HARDLY ASK QUESTIONS WHEN SELLING ARMS...AND HAVING KNOWN CIA FOR WHAT IT IS....ITS POSSIBLE THEY TIPPED OFF THE SOUTH AFRICANS....BUT WAIT ...WHAT OF THE MASSIVE HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES CARRIED OUT BY BOKO HARAM....?

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by arresa: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect: I will always support my country through thick and thin, but this...this is just plain ridiculous.
yeah, the man made some points when he said the US has been scuttling some arms purchase deals. Nigeria tried to buy some Apaches from Israel but the US wrecked that deal.
I don't understand why a sovereign country like ours should play the underdog to another country. if US says we shouldn't purchase deals from their allies, we have other countries like Russia and China who would sell to us.
these guys don dey vex me small small

Why should they give sensitive machine like apache just for you to turn around and give it to BH? Abi how many time have you surrendered your military bases and weapons for BH to loot and kill you with

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by lordsilver: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2014
texaco1: This doesn't make any sense. There are countries and many arms dealers that will sell arms to nigeria without the approval of the americans. If this deal was between sa government and the fg,why do they need to pay in cash? A simple bank transfer would have prevented all these problems .why carry cash from nigeria is a private charter flight to sa without any single govt representative to purchase arms for nigeria and without even notifying the sa goovt of your arrival if truly they are waiting and expecting you

Read again, the reasons are there.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by eagleeye2: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2014
texaco1: This doesn't make any sense. There are countries and many arms dealers that will sell arms to nigeria without the approval of the americans. If this deal was between sa government and the fg,why do they need to pay in cash? A simple bank transfer would have prevented all these problems .why carry cash from nigeria is a private charter flight to sa without any single govt representative to purchase arms for nigeria and without even notifying the sa goovt of your arrival if truly they are waiting and expecting you
The only thing that comes to mind concerning your question, is "plausible deniability".
But $9.3 million is just too much to deny.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Kx: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by EdCure: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2014
khafrahdante: Unfortunately for those who dont believe in the Nigerian state, I believe this story. If America predicts, it will do anything within its powers to make it come true.Stop livong in an illussion and come to reality people. America is capable of destroying anyone or anything that stands a threath.
Just as it "destroyed" Russia. :/

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2014
Russia is ready to sell, so this useless people should stop complaining !

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by lordsilver: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Analyst2: IF TRUE AS PER WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS SAYING...THEN NIGERIA SHOULD BUY FROM RUSSIA, CHINA ,FRANCE AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHO HARDLY ASK QUESTIONS WHEN SELLING ARMS...AND HAVING KNOWN CIA FOR WHAT IT IS....ITS POSSIBLE THEY TIPPED OFF THE SOUTH AFRICANS....BUT WAIT ...WHAT OF THE MASSIVE HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES CARRIED OUT BY BOKO HARAM....?

Replace France with Iran pls
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by agabusta: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2014
zicoraads: Oh well...guess this is better than nothing. Sadly, they may have a point. The SA police got tipped by someone, an annonymous powerful someone.

Reason it out well Bro. Nobody needs tip any info.

SA is not as dumb as Nigeria. So you mean suitcases not labeled diplomatic cargo will just come into their country, and all the police, customs and other airport officials will just be looking at the passengers as they go through airport security without ascertaining its content.

You people should use you head jor!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by omokab: 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
This is what they called cover up.At the same time they are exposing their weaknesses.Blaming USA for their inability to purchase a legal harm,does that mean you should use a wrong way of purchase harm illegally while other countries like Russia is there to sell harm to you.you also use Pastor Oritsajafor the head of christain in nigeria to buy illegal harms shame on you people.But if the name of pastor oritsajafor has been Emir of kano or one notable islamic leaders I know you will not look for a cover up or if is one of APC memebers either christain or muslim,istantely you will relate the story with boko haram.

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by spykes(m): 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
9ja FG scamming us since 1960...only God knows wat d money was 4?

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Backlash to the failures of successful government!
my stomach is boiling with unmentionable words for our government, what economy values do we get from purchase nd use of ammunition?
it's really a pity that our govt over the years have failed woefully in provision of jobs, infrastructures and other social amenities with the huge money being spent now to purchase arms which could have been used positively to eradicate poverty and ignorance in the land.
The govt is now requesting for $1bn to purchase arms nd ammunition in midst of poverty ravaged land!? to kill those they were expected to provide and care for, are they INSANE! ? angry
millions of graduate can't find jobs and you're borrowing money to fight the monster you created, in the end large chunk of the money will end in private pockets angry
$1bn = N160billion, (160,000,000,000Naira) can cause industrial revolution in Nigeria.
what about resuscitating moribund companies all over the country?
Our successful govts are irresponsible,corrupt, lack vision, lack foresight, clueless, self-centred, in fact they're irredeemably politically insane angry

8 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ajorosun: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2014
Iceking1: I dey even dey tink say i go see beta comments like strong insults on d americans mtchewwwww... I nor knw say sum APC= ALL PAST CRIMINALS, E-fools go still bring poilties 4 d issue... Rubbish

M..... U....... M....... U.

See beyond politics

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2014
ahaa...here comes the "blame" game! Story for the gods. So this silly government is trying to tell us that America stopped them from buying arms from the Russians and Chinese? Last time I checked the USA doesn't have any influence over this two nation,they don't care about who they does business with. C'mon! Come up with a convincing lie! Aww...you should be telling...this cock 'n' bull story to kids! This govt can lie!

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by PEREP: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
This is a bloody lie from the pit of hell, and today I promise you this: GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN WILL NOT BE PRESIDENT COME FEBRUARY 15, 2015! Neither State nor Justice (Depts.) has Nigeria blacklisted from legal Arms purchases. What we have been against from jump were the illegalities involved in their procurement and transactions. To blame the United States for this scandal is to admit what we have thought all along: THIS CORRUPT NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAS A HAND IN THE INSURGENCY AND HAS A LOT TO ANSWER!!!

If Nigeria pushes, we will push back. Theres a lot to be revealed and I think its about time this evil group of people leading Nigeria to the abyss are put to shame once and for all.

Have you confirmed this claim by El-Rufai associate online media outfit? In my Opinion, All of these lies are part of the grand Support for BH and send targetted at sending fear down the Spines of Nigerians.
If Premium times wont give details of response by American Embassy, then they have failed to move ME an inch in their KALUS bid to do their Masters' job
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
Story story
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Degis(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
Oh foolish children, some idiotic news medium just pieces some balderdash as news and you believed it without any reasonable source. Nigeria Government should do whatsoever it takes to buy the Arms it needs in the fight against insurgency. All means, whether legal or illegal is amenable to me as long as it is necessary to kill those animals
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by gabriel212: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2014
I loss interest reading that rubbish and basted cover up reply from the FG.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CaptBarbosa: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2014
The FG is simply lying!

Why have they resort to smuggling money into south africa, when they just signed an arms deals with Russia last month?

In August Russia and Nigeria signed a large contract for delivery of
helicopters, ITAR-TASS reports with reference to the head of Rostec
State Corporation’s delegation at ADEX-2014, Sergey Goreslavsky.
"In August a contract for delivery of a large batch of helicopters to
Nigeria was signed. This refers to significant number of Mi-171Sh
and a few Mi-35M helicopters", - Goreslavsky said.

He added that Mi-171Sh and other versions of Mi-17 helicopter are
in demand in Africa. "Mozambique is interested in these vehicles and
we are going to promote the helicopters at the exhibition held in
Republic of South Africa", - he added.

According to Goreslavsky, new sanctions imposed by EU on Friday
will have little impact on Russia’s export deliveries of weapons and
military equipment.

"Taking into account tasks set in terms of phasing out imports, we
believe that the new sanctions imposed by EU will have little impact
on our export deliveries", - he said.

It was reported earlier that EU expanded sanctions against certain
sectors of Russian economy. In particular, the sanctions ban
lending to five Russian state banks, three defense and three oil
companies for a period longer than 30 days. For the first time United
Aircraft Corporation, Uralagonzavod and Oboronprom Corporation
(part of Rostec Corporation) made the sanctions list. The head of
Rostec Corporation, Sergey Chemezov, was also included in the list.
On August 12th CEO of Rosoboronexport, Anatoly Isaykin, said that
the company signed a number of large contracts for delivery of
weapons and military equipment to Middle East and North Africa. In
particular, Bahrain will take delivery of Kornet-EM anti-tank weapon
system; Namibia – small arms, Kornet-E systems, ammunition and
trainers.
http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/9/17/2619/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Billygee2u: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
are there not understanding people on this thread ,that knowns the kind of drum that America is beating for Nigeria ?
it will dawn on many soon when the food America is preparing for Nigeria is done .many will wake up by force ,but then it will be too late to act.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by olaeffect(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
saintandsinnerz:

Shut up, must you beg or cajole people to share the same ideology with you? And who told you the APC is not directly or indirectly responsible for the security challenges we are having? The reason why Nigeria is in this present state is because of people like you, who have sold their sense of reasoning because of a pot of porridge. PDP is not better, APC is not better and Nigerians are not better! We are all the same

GBAM.

A family were 8 out of its 10 children are thieves can easily be referred to as the "family of thieves"

We that seat around and do nothing when things go wrong share equal responsibility with those responsible for the wrong doing (Olaeffect -2014)

Our children will ask us.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Collynzo17: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
This is a bloody lie from the pit of hell, and today I promise you this: GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN WILL NOT BE PRESIDENT COME FEBRUARY 15, 2015! Neither State nor Justice (Depts.) has Nigeria blacklisted from legal Arms purchases. What we have been against from jump were the illegalities involved in their procurement and transactions. To blame the United States for this scandal is to admit what we have thought all along: THIS CORRUPT NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAS A HAND IN THE INSURGENCY AND HAS A LOT TO ANSWER!!!

If Nigeria pushes, we will push back. Theres a lot to be revealed and I think its about time this evil group of people leading Nigeria to the abyss are put to shame once and for all.
Foolish Yoruba Ape forming Americana.
LWKM!

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by gratiaeo(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2014
This does not add up at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Plateau Lawmakers Fight At Stormy Session, Break Chairs / President Buhari Receives Nuhu Ribadu At The State House, Abuja / "Zaria Massacre: Full List Of Names And Photos Of 705 Missing People"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.