Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,265 members, 7,846,248 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60295 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Yommykixz(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: People keep talking like dafts. What has Israel and Hamas war got to do with Aso Rock security? Saudi Arabia does arm deals with Israel through proxies, only Jordan and Egypt do not hide their deals!
Did El Rufai and co complain when Ghaddafi was busy pumping money into the North,building madrassas and mosques,and training young Northerners in his Benghazi camp,since the days of IBB?
I do not like Pastor Ayo,based on his inability to call a spade a spade in Delta State,and turns a blind eye to the looting, but on national issues, he is spot on!
He is hated because he looks at Northern leaders in the eye and tell them to call their youths and Islamic adherents to order! simple as that! As for his dress code, he has always dressed that way since I was a little kid in Warri,so stop crapping about what you do not know.

You are talking out of context here bro, as the CAN president, what does Ayo need the Arms for? Even a regular christian knows he is an embarrassment to that association, and should be booted out if the unity of Christians is to be taken seriously.

And about his dressing, does dressing immorally for a long time now makes it moral?

You obviously dont get the message here.

The only difference between him and Kanye is his robe.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by lovala(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2014
lonelydora: This Ayo of a man ehh, wears chains like Puff Daddy.
hmm! may b d guy b b rapper in im foma live, may b dem b d collam flavor flav sef, tee hee hee kee kee.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by stexsy(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
suprisingly the 'others' r far beta than d catholics. Think of all d crooks in Nigeria, they r mainly catholics. Go do ur research
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by stexsy(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2014
abacus:

Christian faith will never be affected but is the Christian body we need to save. It's a shame when the likes of Ayo heads that body.

Ayo Oritsajefor your time is up.
the scripture makes us to understand that leaders r ordained by God n they need our support n prayers, that is exactly wat papa Ayo is doing but u think he is being partician. No
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by stexsy(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2014
all leadership either gud or bad r ordained by God n we owe them our support n prayers. That is exactly wat papa Ayo is doing. If u think he is being partician, question God n d bible
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2014
DollyParton1:
There is only one church in the world, which is the body of Christ. Your denomination can't save you, only your belief in Christ and good works can.

..but Church can save us sha. undecided

Btw, Catholic Church isn't a denomination but your pentecostal Churches.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by MrDoGood(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt like catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..

you're still thinking?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2014
stexsy: suprisingly the 'others' r far beta than d catholics. Think of all d crooks in Nigeria, they r mainly catholics. Go do ur research

Oyakhilome, Obasanjo, Jonathan, Okotie et al gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by xakjustice(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2014
I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by cktheluckyman: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2014
double post
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by cktheluckyman: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2014
bossmini84:

Den u must be dilusional take a look at every street, every conner every small space available . Churches are just springing up. Even in the us many cathedrals had to be closed. Let's not talk about the gay scandal rocking the caltholics or the pehdophile ones. No body cares the catholic church is a sinking boat and the pentecostal is marching foward.

U are dreaming!!!! They were about 400 million catholics in the world by 1950s today they are 1.2billion,by 1900 we had less than 1 million catholics in africa and less than 20,000 in Nigeria ,today we have over 140 million in africa and about 30 million in Nigeria!!! The catholic church is the single largest church also in the US with over 70 million americans professing the catholic faith!!! The pentecostals in the US put together are less than 25 million.Does this statistics look like a diminishing church to you?

Pentecostalism is only strong in Nigeria and a few other african countries,it is virtually non-existent in europe with less than 2% of the european populaton.

Pentecostalism as a brand of christianity failed woefully in the US and Europe

Even it's success in Nigeria is mainly concentrated the SW

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by aviazuva: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2014
I am realy surprised that Catholic stayed under Ayo
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by 5thNOTE: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: People keep talking like dafts. What has Israel and Hamas war got to do with Aso Rock security? Saudi Arabia does arm deals with Israel through proxies, only Jordan and Egypt do not hide their deals!
Did El Rufai and co complain when Ghaddafi was busy pumping money into the North,building madrassas and mosques,and training young Northerners in his Benghazi camp,since the days of IBB?
I do not like Pastor Ayo,based on his inability to call a spade a spade in Delta State,and turns a blind eye to the looting, but on national issues, he is spot on!
He is hated because he looks at Northern leaders in the eye and tell them to call their youths and Islamic adherents to order! simple as that! As for his dress code, he has always dressed that way since I was a little kid in Warri,so stop crapping about what you do not know.
my guy u are on point. This El-rufai and the Sultan of Sokoto and even Sanusi Lamido were almost choking the can president to silence him becus he was telling them the truth. And that was about muslim excess in this country. I really have even wanted him to tell the sultan to go to hell due to boko haram. I cant imagine that a faith in which u are an elder, recongnise and instituted, payed, and still u cant call to order the adherents of such faith or worse/better press readily for decorum in such fair or come into such matter and there will be changes. He the stupid Sultan soldemly blames or reprimand boko haram and is rather shouting abt threat to islam. If the Can president dose the same, he the sultan start talking about peace and harmony, and using the boothlickers-the catholics to threaten the can association.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.
i do omo because dis is givin us anoda dimension to insurgency problem
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by lovala(m): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2014
hensben: pentecostal churches introduces wearing of trousers n open clothes, not tying hair with head-tie, et al to church

#Catholic member till Jesus come.
im say ee go kom bak wen? ee dey like say even j no sabi d ansa to dat kweshion. na only d Almighty Creator fit ansa dat one abi? yawa! now why ee b say many d call Jesus GOD?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by naijaboiy: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2014
FrankySnow: You and I know that it will never Snow in ughelli but let's not underestimate the power of God o, it can even snow today. tongue

I see you shared a post on my orabelle's diary yesterday ( short history of St. Charles lwanga). You try. wink grin
I know God can never make the sun to rise in the north and set in the south tongue

I never knew you were Orabelle too shocked...keep up the goodwork,,waiting for more updates smiley
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Goke7: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2014
igwedaboss: the church has to be actively be involve in politics, so I believe. But under no circumstances should they stray away from the major goals. Running away from politics will only allow others to use it and destroy Christianity. One can't just fold hands and see things happen. Division among Christians is not a good sign and they would keep pushing for it. Now is not the time for blames. Its time for the church to stand has one.

The Catholics are the one pushing for division because they are not the one leading CAN for now, their so called bishops see themselves as superior to other clergymen from other denominations, this must be condemned by all. This is also the reason the late Benson Idahosa became an archbishop and started ordaining Pentecostal clergymen as bishops to have a very strong identity due to the over bearing influence of the Catholics, even in those days the Government felt the Pentecostals were inferior to their fellow Catholics until things started changing after much enlightenment. A bishop is an office and not a title according to the Bible. ITim 3:1

I REPEAT CATHOLICS SHOULD STOP THIS HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE!!! This is what is causing the division.

All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Rom 3:23

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by DollyParton1(f): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

..but Church can save us sha. undecided

Btw, Catholic Church isn't a denomination but your pentecostal Churches.

Wow!!! Sweet Jesus.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by nora544: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2014
cktheluckyman:

U are dreaming!!!! They was about 400 million catholics in the world by 1950s today they are 1.2billion,by 1900 we had less than 1 million catholics in africa and less than 20000 in Nigeria ,today we have over 14o million in africa and about 30 million in Nigeria!!! The catholic church is the single largest church also in the US with over 70 million americans professing the catholic faith!!! The pentecostals in the US put together are less than 25 million.Does this statistics look like a diminishing church to you?

Pentecostalism is only strong in Nigeria and a few other african countries,it is virtually non-existent in europe with less than 2% of the european populaton.

Pentecostalism as a brand of christianity failed woefully in the US and Europe

Even it's success in Nigeria is mainly concentrated the SW

The pentecost in Europa are mostly from african countries only few from europa.
I see this in my country when I look only at one pentecost church and all the pastors are from nigeria, but what is also important that the fake some adresses to get more churches.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by lovala(m): 11:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Melahou:

so you are not even sure if you like Jesus Christ
na d guy im mbanga & im oya in oda words his personal view.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by mko2005: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
The others are the Christian Churches and the Roman catholic church is the ROMAN church !

God help us
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2014
fool and does dat justify his involvment in arms and pdp
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Demichaels: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2014
CAN is a scam!!! I have always said that the foundation of This hypocritical organization is division. they preach different doctrines, practice different things, believe different things in their different churches yet they want us to believe CAN can ever be united. Paul asked the Corinthians is Christ divided? the answer is No for GOD is not the author of confusion but definitely CAN is.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by tayork(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Your saying jagons please.. off point
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Arysexy(m): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Goke7:

The Catholics are the one pushing for division because they are not the one leading CAN for now, their so called bishops see themselves as superior to other clergymen from other denominations, this must be condemned by all. This is also the reason the late Benson Idahosa became an archbishop and started ordaining Pentecostal clergymen as bishops to have a very strong identity due to the over bearing influence of the Catholics, even in those days the Government felt the Pentecostals were inferior to their fellow Catholics until things started changing after much enlightenment. A bishop is an office and not a title according to the Bible. ITim 3:1

I REPEAT CATHOLICS SHOULD STOP THIS HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE!!! This is what is causing the division.

All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Rom 3:23

Ur foolishness is smelling, Catholics did not pull out under Sunday mbang, under akinola and d rest bc they are Catholics too?

While I support oritsejafor defence of Christians I abhor his indulgence in politics, CAN leadership should never delve into politics cos u don't know d political leanings of members led.

CAN should only be concerned about Christian welfare.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by texazzpete(m): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mintayo:

This is what some catholics donzlt know,oritsejafor is doing a good work by stopping the deceitful activities of islam which is to kill and islamize Nigeria.
I pray God help us.

Can you mention any attack that Oritsejafor has 'stopped'? Any proof at all that his words have had any effect on Boko Haram activities?

Mintayo:
oritsejafor is doing a good work by [b]stopping the deceitful activities of islam [/b]which is to kill and islamize Nigeria.

This is actually Oritsejafor's terrible legacy: helping the propagation of this religious intolerance you're so proud to display. Not all muslims kill or forcibly islamize others. The majority do not do these things. if all the 80+ million muslims in Nigeria were murderous fiends, you would not be alive today.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by jkendy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
[i][/i]The difference btw CAN & TAN is jst slim...
They all serve one master.....GEJ
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
lonelydora: This Ayo of a man ehh, wears chains like Puff Daddy.
WEARS LIKE DON JAZZY...
WHAT IS NOW LEFT....IS FOR HIM TO RAP.
BOTH of them are GOOD.
DIFFERENCES ARE...
NEW CAN president is of the OLD WORLD CHRISTIANITY...where Christians went to WAR..with God's backing...THE THEN, Christians where into POLITICS .
OLD CAN presidents believe in 4GIVENESS and SOBER REFLECTIONS...
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Goke7: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy:

Ur foolishness is smelling, Catholics did not pull out under Sunday mbang, under akinola and d rest bc they are Catholics too?

While I support oritsejafor defence of Christians I abhor his indulgence in politics, CAN leadership should never delve into politics cos u don't know d political leanings of members led.

CAN should only be concerned about Christian welfare.

you can call me all sorts due to your hatred for other denominations as demonstrated by the Catholics too especially towards the Pentecostals and other Charismatic faiths, only God knows those who are truly His. II Tim 2:19
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by idoncome: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
synergycom19: The CATHOLIC CHURCH is becoming something else, Am A Catholic
But this daysJOHN CARDINAL OYNEIKAN! Is leading the church to direction I can't understand.
Remember his reign as CAN PRESIDENT, how he despirately tried to truncates the ele tion of Pastor Ayo Oristiejafor?
How he aboundan the Christian Minorities in the North, he practical sided with the Muslim against them.
Even refusing go send relief materials to them
Now the Reverend Fathers tells hou how good Islamic religion is
They only preach thd Leftist-humanistic part of the Gospel
my frnd, shut up u r not a catholic.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by mko2005: 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
JustME7: I'm not a catholic, but I support their decision. Ayo has been seen in many political gatherings and he fully supports pdp (or GEJ) which is not supposed to be so. His time is up. Another new leader should be elected.
Ayo is in no doubt a supporter of G.E.J but not pdp just like some other anointed men of God like ADEBOYE. If i'm the CAN president,i will support a christian son of mine who calls me 'father' ! Oritsejafor advises G.E.J but not all his advise will be adhered to ! A christian pastor or reverend should 'protect' his sheep and this is exactly what Oritsejafor is doing for G.E.J and there is nothing wrong with that.Catholics who are ignorant may think that the war is between them and Pentecostals,how wrong ! You as a catholic may be against Oritsejafor but that does not mean God is against him. the voice of ignorant people or unbelievers can't be the voice of God. Majority can't be right but one with God is always right ! Muslims are happy with the disunity in Christianity and soon they will capitalize on it to undue Christianity. But Jesus said,since the days of John the baptist, the kingdom of God surffereth violence........ Oritsejafor is a terror to the enemy and the enemy and his agents aren't finding it funny ! The world(devil) has always been comfortable with passiveness been brought in by the oppressors of the early Christians,but the likes of Oritsejafor says no. We need to be hot for Christ and not lukewarmlike !

God help us
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by cktheluckyman: 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
nora544:

The pentecost in Europa are mostly from african countries only few from europa.
I see this in my country when I look only at one pentecost church and all the pastors are from nigeria, but what is also important that the fake some adresses to get more churches.

you just nailed it there.Majority of european xtians belong to either of the catholic,orthodox or any of the mainstrea protestants churches.This one man business churches do not sell there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos) / Dr. Paul Enenche Turned A Wedding To Healing Service, Heal A Woman With Clutches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.