Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask (1009 Views)

10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself / Five Interview Questions You Should Stop Being Scared Of / 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by ShehuAba(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Many things happen in our life, without us asking the reasons why. Though it’s a
fact that some things are bound to happen. But you know, asking the right
questions most at times will lead you through a successful life, as it’s said that:
“A person who asks can never be misled”.
Do you know that, if you can ask the right questions, you will definitely get the right
answers. Today, I am challenging you to ask yourself these 5 questions always in
any aspect of your life, be it Studies, Business, Career, job hunt etc. If you can ask
these questions, you will surely get it right

1. Who is your mentor?
A mentor is a person who you look up to in life, this is the person who has climbed
the ladder successfully and has made it in life. In fact this is like a teacher who
teaches you the rudiments of life. So, do you have a mentor? Or do you think that
you can learn it all alone?
You see, the fact in this our generation is that mentorship has been dealt a real
blow, maybe due to the purported “lack of mentors ” or that most people don’t just
care to have one. And the result can be seen overwhelmingly in our society, as
most people engage in many activities these days but sooner or later, they find it
difficult to cope and continue. This is largely because they didn’t learn from the
masters who have once been in their shoes. So, I challenge you today friend, who
is your mentor?

2. Who are your friends?
Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. Right, isn’t it? Now let me
ask you these questions? Why must you be careful with your choice of friends? Do
friends really have any impact in your life? Is it possible to succeed/fail due to your
choice of friends?
Okay let me tell you this, Friends are as important in your life as your family. Your
choice of friends really shows the kind of person you are. You can make or mar
your future with them. In fact good friends are catalysts who help in your career.
Do you know that some people are celebrated today because they chose the right
friends, while some people are failures today because they chose the wrong
friends? So, make friends with the right people and see your life change positively.

3. How do you associate with people?
The people you meet daily have a role to play in your life. Though it is true that we
are created differently, but no matter what we have to associate with different
people daily. It’s important to know that you have to be generally good with
people; likewise you must be tough with tough people.
Everybody requires a specific way of association and you must understand that
too. Don’t be full of yourself, no matter your achievement. Don’t belittle people no
matter how little they seem. Open your arms to everybody and treat people fairly,
don’t discriminate too. Your association with people matters a lot and it goes a
long way to affect your life.

4. How do you manage failures?
Did I hear you say, managing failures? Or why should I be concerned about
managing failures. But let me tell you this, failures are bound to happen in one way
or the other in any facet of your life. In fact it is nonsensical for you to think that
you can succeed without necessarily stumbling . But, most at times people
approach failure with the wrong mindset, some people quit as soon as they fail
(forgetting the saying that quitters never win).
Managing failures is really essential in your life. Do you know that most of the
successful people you see today, have once failed? It seems as though, they won’t
make it in life but they were resilient and became success stories today. Or have
you forgotten that the downfall of a man is not the end of his life, but a man who
isn’t able to manage failure is deemed to fail. Remember that many would have
succeeded today if they didn’t quit when it was tough. Ask yourself today, how do I
manage that difficult situation which I am facing? Whatever you do to that today
will definitely define your tomorrow.

5. Are you independent?
You might be wondering what I actually meant by this, but how independent you’re
goes a long way to play a crucial part in your life. By independence here, it
encompasses many things but I am actually talking about your mind. Are you truly
independent minded, how often do you take decisions based on personal
conviction. How ready are you to take risks personally irrespective of what people
say. Hope you are not the type who is obsessed with the crowd. Always trying to
follow whatever others do, Even if they are wrong?
You know, the people are wrong sometimes if not most of the time. So, basing
your decision on whatever others do is truly detrimental to your growth as a
person. Friend, be decisive today, do that which you are really convinced about,
and see your career blossom. It’s really tough but you have no better choice than
to be truly independent .

On a Final Note:
These are five questions you really need to sincerely ask yourself if you want a
positive change in your life. These are tested and trusted questions for the
achievers. If you have successfully been implementing any or all of it, this is the
time to continue in that spirit. But if you have not been doing any of it before, this
is the time to sit, ponder, and change for the better. Time, they say waits for no
one, act fast today and I assure you that you will never regret it.

Over to You:
Do these questions mean anything to you? Have you been taking note of them
before? Or do you have more questions that you think should always be asked?

http://naijainspirationalhub.com/5-questions-you-must-ask/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by ShehuAba(m): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2014
Moving ahead in your career, these are really important questions you must always brainstorm and ask yourself.
It really pays a lot
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by siegfried99(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2014
Very nice write up @op
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by ShehuAba(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2014
siegfried99: Very nice write up @op

Thanks very much sir for your encouragement. I hope you have learnt one or two things from it.
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by siegfried99(m): 8:19am On Sep 18, 2014
ShehuAba:

Thanks very much sir for your encouragement. I hope you have learnt one or two things from it.

Yes.. thanks
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by Kween1: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2014
good 1
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by ShehuAba(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kween1: good 1

Thanks bro. Hope you have learnt one or two things. Plus any additions to make?
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by SundayPhilip: 1:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Insightful. Thumb up sir
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 19, 2014
ShehuAba: Moving ahead in your career, these are really important questions you must always brainstorm and ask yourself.
It really pays a lot
Yes, it does !!
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by ShehuAba(m): 7:44am On Sep 19, 2014
SundayPhilip: Insightful. Thumb up sir

Thanks a lot, for dropping by sir. Hopefully you've gained from it
Re: 5 Career Questions You Must Always Ask by alentyno: 7:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Studying For ACCA - Which Training Centre? / Urgent Vacancy At An Energy Services Company / Random Collection Of Photos/quotes That Will Get You Motivated.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.