Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment (1332 Views)

Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment by daddyfowl(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2014
As a Young Person Growing with Dreams We get involve in agro investment with high expectation as a last resort but the reality is different!!! More often than non theory are different from real practice compounding the complications of agro-practice.

As a young graduate, I venture into Broiler Rearing of 250 as a first timer. Lost only 6 during my brooding process!!! I was happy that I have done well and will be smiling to the bank very soon. Unknow to me that its not over yet. Got an invitation for a 3day out of town residential program during there 7weeks. I quickly called a friend to help out with the Fowl in my absent.

Then the unknow happened. He forgot to do the needful in a raining period and the birds got infected and we lost over 15 per day. When I came back, we ve lost over 87 birds. My dreams met the dark light. Filled with so much regret, I tried saving dem with all forms of english drugs but nothing was working until an elderly women now taught me a local method and saved my birds.
Atlast: after selling my birds I ran at big lost rather than profit.

Not giving up on my dreams I sorted to build a team that will run the vision wit me. We bought a new land n got broke but we decided to start with what wont cost us much. We planted 500 plantain suckers. After 5month we started snail rearing that will cost us notin to train. We converted our first farm to a residential building and rented it out with a bid to raise more money but again we miss-fired as we spent more than we got from renting of the building.

On our journey to success lane, i discovered the following pratical tips that will help us succeed in agro-practice:
(1). Be sure of what You want, How and When u want It
(2). Get it rooted in Gods Agenda for notin works without God Backing
(3). Acquire relevant Knowledge
(4). Note that Agro investment is a process and not an act
(5). Avoid over investment
(6). Develop only a reslistic expection and a biz plan
(7). Get a Mentor or Belong to a skill sharing Network
(cool. Adapt and Adopt New or existing Knowledge
(9). Work to build financial partnership rather than seeking for loans or help from family.
(10). Get Focus n know that there will be storms on the way
(11). Build a team of similar minds
(12). Be prayerful and wait for the harvest
(13). Avoid expansion without two or three years repeated success

Pls Share yours with US

2 Likes

Re: Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Nice article at Op
Success only come for the hardworking,resilient,persistent agro-preneurs.

This is the best time for Nigerians to start investing in agribusiness because this is the future of the country and numerous opportunities abound in the industry.

Crop production,Processing,exportation e.t.c,numerous to mention.

follow me for upcoming wealth creating articles and check my previous articles to know more.
Re: Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment by coache(m): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
daddyfowl:
As a Young Person Growing with Dreams We get involve in agro investment with high expectation as a last resort but the reality is different!!! More often than non theory are different from real practice compounding the complications of agro-practice.

As a young graduate, I venture into Broiler Rearing of 250 as a first timer. Lost only 6 during my brooding process!!! I was happy that I have done well and will be smiling to the bank very soon. Unknow to me that its not over yet. Got an invitation for a 3day out of town residential program during there 7weeks. I quickly called a friend to help out with the Fowl in my absent.

Then the unknow happened. He forgot to do the needful in a raining period and the birds got infected and we lost over 15 per day. When I came back, we ve lost over 87 birds. My dreams met the dark light. Filled with so much regret, I tried saving dem with all forms of english drugs but nothing was working until an elderly women now taught me a local method and saved my birds.
Atlast: after selling my birds I ran at big lost rather than profit.

Not giving up on my dreams I sorted to build a team that will run the vision wit me. We bought a new land n got broke but we decided to start with what wont cost us much. We planted 500 plantain suckers. After 5month we started snail rearing that will cost us notin to train. We converted our first farm to a residential building and rented it out with a bid to raise more money but again we miss-fired as we spent more than we got from renting of the building.

On our journey to success lane, i discovered the following pratical tips that will help us succeed in agro-practice:
(1). Be sure of what You want, How and When u want It
(2). Get it rooted in Gods Agenda for notin works without God Backing
(3). Acquire relevant Knowledge
(4). Note that Agro investment is a process and not an act
(5). Avoid over investment
(6). Develop only a reslistic expection and a biz plan
(7). Get a Mentor or Belong to a skill sharing Network
(cool. Adapt and Adopt New or existing Knowledge
(9). Work to build financial partnership rather than seeking for loans or help from family.
(10). Get Focus n know that there will be storms on the way
(11). Build a team of similar minds
(12). Be prayerful and wait for the harvest
(13). Avoid expansion without two or three years repeated success

Pls Share yours with US
Nice writeup sir, pls sir I'll need ur contact cos I'll need ur help on my application for the YOUWIN application.thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment by daddyfowl(m): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
coache:

Nice writeup sir, pls sir I'll need ur contact cos I'll need ur help on my application for the YOUWIN application.thanks sir.
Inforylo@yahoo.com
Re: Practical Tips To Succeed In Agro-investment by chris4vision: 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
good evening Sir, am really happy for your encouragement. thanks a lot but sir there is some you said, that woman helped u with a native way of drug. please, can u help me with that idea?

(1) (Reply)

Acres Of Land For Sale 20 Minutes Drive From Mowe / 98% Success In CATFISH SPAWNING, & Its Immediate Management Pratices. / Advice On Starting Turkey Farm Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.