Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes (21386 Views)

Wizkid's Ayo(joy) Album Review / Wizkid – Ayo (album Review) / WIZKID (AYO) - Album Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Ezyp(m): 4:45am On Sep 20, 2014
This calls for celebration...but seriously naija peeps de buy songs/album from iTunes?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by sugaarbear(m): 4:46am On Sep 20, 2014
i dont like the album cover
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by SkyyLord(m): 5:26am On Sep 20, 2014
Was it not in this same Nairaland that someone wrote CRAP and made FRONT PAGE giving us a million reasons why the album will FLOP?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by tollytexy(m): 5:30am On Sep 20, 2014
Wetin dey special for this album wey him drop? It wasn't the hottest on itune. Just selected randomly according to it's released date and time! Roger that..

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by crisycent: 5:34am On Sep 20, 2014
Which of the iTunes Store are you talking about? Didn't see nothing on my iPad

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by makazona(m): 5:58am On Sep 20, 2014
music politics at its peak...anyway,its just on itunes.

congrats @wizkidayo
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by morganist99(m): 5:59am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
U MUST BE ONE OF THOSE USELESS MUSLIMS CAUSING DISARRAY IN THE WORLD...#LASTDAYS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 20, 2014
Awwww I love wizzy!

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by hensben(m): 6:02am On Sep 20, 2014
The album cover got me...very crteative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by marieolae(f): 6:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Wiz kid has a very strong fan base. This can never allow him to flop

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 20, 2014
nollywood and 9ja music industry making nigeria proud since 1000bc

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Dominionng(m): 6:15am On Sep 20, 2014
20pounds:

I don't think so. P square has gone to the dogs. Their last album was full of copy copy; they copied Eminado and other less known Nigerian artistes.

Wizkid has evolved with this his recent foray into the Afro-beat genre. The only problem is; he is not original and does not play any instrument(not to my knowledge). Afro-beat also entails pan-African disposition and wider outlook on life, instead of the bling bling culture he is used to.

Another reason the album is doing well is cos the internet world is controlled these days by youths his own age, whose understanding and appreciation of music is weird(any noise is welcome as long as it is from the artiste that live the kinda life, they desire). These youths can be found in the higher institutions and have all the time in their hands to surf the net.

P square on the other hand, sing for mature people. With their last album, they seem to have disconnected from their fan base. They are confused on whether to be a Davido or Wizkid! May be their quarrel had finally gotten to them cos they lack the synergy and energy of P square.

Am I the only one or does anybody else find this comment contradictive?

#1. "P square has gone to the dogs. Their last album was full of copy copy"

#2. P square on the other hand, sing for mature people"

No 2 seriously got me rolling... How Personally, Alingo, Shekini, Enemy Solo, Ejeajo and those over populated videos filled with confused girls fit into 'stuffs for mature people' is beyond me!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by DonaldTrump(m): 6:17am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
No offence intended but u act like your arrogance is a virtue.

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by mekuzee1(m): 6:18am On Sep 20, 2014
shachris: No offence but this album I'd crap! Just one or two tracks that has the wizkid materrial.
exactly wat I was thinking...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by oluamid(m): 6:18am On Sep 20, 2014
mckayne:

Don't you have any respect for christ? Why would you make such a lewd joke with him on your poster?

'Ephesians 4:29New International Version (NIV)

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.'

May God forgive you.

Pastor in a Wizkid thread, only on Nairaland.

Not saying u r wrong though, just found your post funny.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by mekuzee1(m): 6:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Ezyp: This calls for celebration...but seriously naija peeps de buy songs/album from iTunes?
who get dat tym wen all dis sites go put everytin up 4 free download...
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Some people are in this world to celebrate others....

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by atasteve: 6:24am On Sep 20, 2014
Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
Ok now I know the source of all these confusions. My bro, shine your eyes and quickly ask for forgive plus give your life to Jesus Christ fast, fast. Leave all these self deceptions font and by the way God is your maker and bible is your operating manual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Maitommi: 6:27am On Sep 20, 2014
You guys don't know how itunes works. When an album is released even of na dady showkey release am, it's first pushed to the top to hype it and make it gather attention. It's only after a few days that it begins to sit in it's rightful position. Therefore, wizkid wasn't sitting in number one position by merit.

And as you guys can see right there AYO is sitting in 126th position. It can only fall deep bellow that as time goes on.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Ezyp(m): 6:38am On Sep 20, 2014
mekuzee1: who get dat tym wen all dis sites go put everytin up 4 free download...

then how come the guy album come de top....maybe the stats de show album just RELEASED on itunes and the op mistake am for top selling album

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by chimajii: 6:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Ezyp:

then how come the guy album come de top....maybe the stats de show album just RELEASED on itunes and the op mistake am for top selling album

Let me help you out, as regards an album topping Itunes in nigeria. You should know that nigerians aren't that into itunes, hence an album may only need to sell e.g 50 copies or units to claim the top spot. It's not a big deal especially as it involves nigeria. Same goes for certain countries where it's just 100 copies you need to sell to top the itunes wateva there.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by lawrenceunaa: 6:43am On Sep 20, 2014
ok no b my money so nt my business undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by tupacshakur(m): 6:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Nice and commendable showcase of the Yoruba in him!

From the album title, "Ayo" to the yoruba village mud-house background of the album cover

Not forgetting the dark-skinned, pretty and nubile yoruba girls...the "Aso-oke" attire, the beads and the "irukere"...

Waa gbayi, Wizzo!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by princealbashir: 6:51am On Sep 20, 2014
please any body get link to Jesse Jagz Thy Nation Come album?
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by chimajii: 6:54am On Sep 20, 2014
Maitommi: You guys don't know how itunes works. When an album is released even of na dady showkey release am, it's first pushed to the top to hype it and make it gather attention. It's only after a few days that it begins to sit in it's rightful position. Therefore, wizkid wasn't sitting in number one position by merit.

And as you guys can see right there AYO is sitting in 126th position. It can only fall deep bellow that as time goes on.

You obviously don't know how itunes work, yet u're here trying to skool unimpressionable Users of this forum. Listen! Not all albums that get released go no.1 on itunes. Get that clear. So you saying an album gets pushed to number one to garner attention is just a misguided info u're spreading. You may want to knw hw charts and it's related features work before spewing. Also, an album released doesn't necessarily mean after days it will fall.. Not in all cases, except people aren't checking for it.
An album could hit no.1 on itunes and remain there for a week. Only and if a new release crops up or another album is catching up on sales will it get knocked off.
Btw it's not even number, maybe on the nigerian itunes charts, @OP u're reaching by having that as the thread title, Clickbait much? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by chucky234(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet: Wizkid better than Davido since 1945. cheesy cheesy cheesy
For ordinary roadside itunes ?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by ruthobaz(f): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2014
sanandreas: I love the way he show case African attire to The world. no skimpy dresses. he is no longer wizkid but mankid. Be proud of where you come from. your culture is your identity.
Am thinking it should be wizman and not mankid.What do you say?smiley

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by chucky234(m): 7:00am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
At least he has a brain to be washed unlike you with brainless skull.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by sanandreas(m): 7:07am On Sep 20, 2014
ruthobaz: Am thinking it should be wizman and not mankid.What do you say?smiley
lol at Ruth. All join
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by ionsman: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2014
20pounds:

I don't think so. P square has gone to the dogs. Their last album was full of copy copy; they copied Eminado and other less known Nigerian artistes.

Wizkid has evolved with this his recent foray into the Afro-beat genre. The only problem is; he is not original and does not play any instrument(not to my knowledge). Afro-beat also entails pan-African disposition and wider outlook on life, instead of the bling bling culture he is used to.

Another reason the album is doing well is cos the internet world is controlled these days by youths his own age, whose understanding and appreciation of music is weird(any noise is welcome as long as it is from the artiste that live the kinda life, they desire). These youths can be found in the higher institutions and have all the time in their hands to surf the net.

P square on the other hand, sing for mature people. With their last album, they seem to have disconnected from their fan base. They are confused on whether to be a Davido or Wizkid! May be their quarrel had finally gotten to them cos they lack the synergy and energy of P square.
Na my psquare you dey bash like this? Love their album so much,very soon it will bed in.For wizkid,I haven't listened to any of the songs cos am skeptical.Don't wanna listen to thrash.

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Lekison(m): 7:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Wizzy baby...loke loke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? / Who Is King Of Fuji In Nigeria? / Raymond Ayuba Of Hot 99.5FM Is Dead!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.