Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men (3705 Views)

Speechless! !!see How This Couple Risked Their Lives [PHOTOS] / Meet The 5 Female Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Still Virgins (photos) / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
In the European country of Albania there are women who live all of their lives as men. They have taken a vow of chastity (usually at an early age) and becomes Sworn Virgins or Burnesha.

This elevates her to the status of a man and such women usually cut their hairs, wear male clothings and could even change their names. Male gestures, swags and expressions are practiced until they become second nature. All these together with a vow of celibacy turns a "She" into a "He".

This step is usually necessary because of a society that generally maintains an oppressive rule over the female gender. Women are seen as properties of their husbands and the rights to vote, drive, conduct business, drink, smoke and even to swear were the exclusive preserves of men.

This means that a family without a partriach or a male heir is usually in danger of losing everything and so a female needs to come in, be a male and become the partriach.

With modernisation and civilisation this practice is increasingly becoming obsolete, but it is still practiced in not a few places...even till today.

http://globalthots..com/2014/09/sworn-virgins-of-albania-who-spend-all.html?m=1

Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by 2cato: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
She-he what will they benefit from that.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by polz(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ugly girls without suitors...

Claiming "Sworn virgins" undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
2cato: She-he what will they benefit from that.

You obviously did not read the article.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Xsenga(f): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Sparrow13: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Culture is truely relative.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
SMSPAWA!!!
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hopefully shekau's boys will not hear this. . .
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by gunuvi(m): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
my little advise to them is not to die a virgin cos shekau boys are short of virgins in hell now.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Virgins my fpot
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Missmossy(f): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eeyah...why be in disguise as a man when womanhood comes with a lot of wonderful experiences and memories?

I really don't support such,i love the feminine gender who get married the right way and procreate and fill up this earthcheesy life is too short for all of these!

1 Like

Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 19, 2014
Krak:

You obviously did not read the article.
yea he did state d benefits or u obviously did not read his post undecided
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Missmossy: Eeyah...why be in disguise as a man when womanhood comes with a lot of wonderful experiences and memories?

I really don't support such,i love the feminine gender who get married the right way and procreate and fill up this earthcheesy life is too short for all of these!
tell Dem my dear
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Best thing to do when you r ugly.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 12:57am On Sep 19, 2014
snowprince07: yea he did state d benefits or u obviously did not read his post undecided

Next time think before you type.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 19, 2014
Krak:

Next time think before you type.
ok thanks.and don't 4get to read b4 u quote.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Missmossy: Eeyah...why be in disguise as a man when womanhood comes with a lot of wonderful experiences and memories?

You are asking why.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 1:04am On Sep 19, 2014
snowprince07: ok thanks.and don't 4get to read b4 u quote.

Sorry, Mr Genius.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by ibdeals1(m): 1:10am On Sep 19, 2014
Wonders
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Enoquin(f): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2014
Eeya...see sacrifices that had to be made
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Xsenga: ...

Booking space since amalgamation. FYM.
And Xsenga, your siggy is very disturbing. grin
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Xsenga(f): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ceasar1:

Booking space since amalgamation. FYM.
And Xsenga, your siggy is very disturbing. grin
4GET DAT THING, UR OWN DEY LIKE DAT? grin
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lesbian playground.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Xsenga: 4GET DAT THING, UR OWN DEY LIKE DAT? grin

Lol, may ‘God’ forgive you.
I will gladly skip over Ma'am. grin
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Xsenga(f): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ceasar1:

Lol, may ‘God’ forgive you.
I will gladly skip over Ma'am. grin
GOOD 9T.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Dolemite(f): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Can a lady truely live without sex? grin grin

P.S
I can't. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite: Can a lady truely live without sex? grin grin

P.S
I can't. cheesy cheesy

Why not?
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2014
Khalessi: Lesbian playground.

Whats the relation between virgins and lesbians?
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Enoquin: Eeya...see sacrifices that had to be made

I tell you.
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Krak(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2021
Dolemite:
Can a lady truely live without sex? grin grin

P.S
I can't. cheesy cheesy

Maybe
Re: The Sworn Virgins Of Albania Who Live All Their Lives As Men by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
Interesting.

I would have loved to see what they looked like when they were young.

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Nigerian Celebrity To Have Dated TONTO DIKEH / Nollywood Identical Twins (aneke Twins) Shares Another Photos / Shifi And Zeal Of Styl-plus With Adekunle Gold, Jazzman Olofin And Weird MC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.