Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch (1739 Views)

Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! / How Many Blackberry Users Are There In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
http://bgr.com/2014/09/18/iphone-6-vs-android-users/

With countless devices available from dozens of different vendors, Android has taken a significant lead in the international smartphone market. Last week, Apple made its biggest move yet to start converting Android users back to iOS with the unveiling of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus, and based on the latest data, it looks like the company’s gamble paid off.

Bloomberg reports that Android phone trade-ins have increased exponentially since Apple’s press event, signaling that many Android users were just waiting for Apple to introduce an iPhone with a larger display.

“I had talked to friends about my loyalty to Samsung and, before that, I was a BlackBerry loyalist,” California lawyer Sharyn Funamura told Bloomberg in regards to her preordering the iPhone 6. When Apple “finally addressed a lot of the reasons why I hadn’t bought an iPhone yet, then I just said, ‘OK, I bought your phone.’”

One of the top online electronics resellers, Gazelle, said that its Samsung phone trade-ins tripled last week. Gazelle also polled Android users and discovered that a third of them were planning to upgrade to the iPhone 6. 39% of them say the screen is the driving force behind their decision to desert Android.

“We’re seeing a higher propensity to switch,” Gazelle CEO Chris Sullivan said. “The combination of the screen size and the functionality” indicates that “this is going to be a strong and compelling product for Android users to switch,” he said.

At this rate, the only thing that might slow Apple down is how quickly they restock supply when the initial batch of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus shipments sell out.

Bloomberg link

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-18/apple-s-new-iphones-seen-fueling-switch-from-android.html
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Note that this news just pertains to Android users in the US, and those that usually spring for the Flagship devices (i.e on-contract purchases at $199 or less)

These are users who have enough disposable income and are less inclined to piracy.

Just chipping this in before anyone who uses a N21k Tecno comes up to abuse switchers because they won't be able to download cracked Android 'HD Games' from dodgy Chinese sites on their iPhones cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
More

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-18/apple-s-new-iphones-seen-fueling-switch-from-android.html

RBC Capital Markets polled 6,000 consumers and found that “an impressive 26 percent of respondents who intend to purchase an iPhone are new” to Apple’s ecosystem, with the majority coming from Android, Amit Daryanani, an analyst at RBC, wrote in a note to investors.

Samsung’s global market share slid to 25 percent in the second quarter from 32 percent a year earlier; the Suwon, South Korea-based company reported sales and profit in July that missed analysts’ estimates.

“This is going to be a nightmare for Samsung,” Tim Bajarin, an analyst at Creative Strategies Inc., said of the larger-screen iPhones.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by moonraker(m): 12:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Well lets just say that this is wayyy long overdue. I said it here way back that Apple are not a company that follows

trends. they take their time. they have a roadmap of where they want to be at this or that time. People on here called

me a fan boy bla bla. Now see!!! Numbers dont lie.

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by flawless911(m): 1:18am On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete: Note that this news just pertains to Android users in the US, and those that usually spring for the Flagship devices (i.e on-contract purchases at $199 or less)

These are users who have enough disposable income and are less inclined to piracy.

Just chipping this in before anyone who uses a N21k Tecno comes up to abuse switchers because they won't be able to download cracked Android 'HD Games' from dodgy Chinese sites on their iPhones cheesy
I have one question, Are Tecno users the only Android users that download cracked Amdroid 'HD Games' from dodgy Chinese sites?

2 Likes

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by flawless911(m): 1:20am On Sep 19, 2014
Its none of my business if a niccur decides to use his inheritance on vain things like this iFail.. We Nigerians should learn to mind our business.. Tenk

2 Likes

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 5:42am On Sep 19, 2014
flawless911: Its none of my business if a niccur decides to use his inheritance on vain things like this iFail.. We Nigerians should learn to mind our business.. Tenk

The tech world is a global village, my reclusive friend.
You must be in dire straits indeed to consider $199 on a 2 year contract to be a 'family inheritance'. I will pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by babestell(f): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2014
hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
You dey find their trouble shebi

texazzpete: Note that this news just pertains to Android users in the US, and those that usually spring for the Flagship devices (i.e on-contract purchases at $199 or less)

#TEAMNOKIA
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2014
flawless911: I have one question, Are Tecno users the only Android users that download cracked Amdroid 'HD Games' from dodgy Chinese sites?

Since your intention was to cherry pick your own interpretation of my post, why stop there? Why not also ask me if it's only the people who buy 21k phones that are inclined to piracy?
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2014
babestell: hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
You dey find their trouble shebi

#TEAMNOKIA

Lol. I'm no math diva but I'm sure The guys doing the poll probably couldn't find any Nokia users to question smiley
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by flawless911(m): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete:

The tech world is a global village, my reclusive friend.
You must be in dire straits indeed to consider $199 on a 2 year contract to be a 'family inheritance'. I will pray for you.
Is it $199 on a 2 year contract here in Nigeria? Please enlighten me
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by flawless911(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete:

Since your intention was to cherry pick your own interpretation of my post, why stop there? Why not also ask me if it's only the people who buy 21k phones that are inclined to piracy?

Y not answer both questions oh ye wise one

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Dabss(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2014
Android will continue dominant when it comes to market shares no matter the number of iPhones sold. At the end of the day ios will still end up like Mac Os though apple will still continue to make serious cash.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Seun(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2014
Dabss: At the end of the day ios will still end up like Mac Os though apple will still continue to make serious cash.
If Steve Jobs was still the CEO, this would have been true, but Tim Cook is a practical, finance-oriented guy. It may be very different this time.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by dazekid(m): 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Seun:
If Steve Jobs was still the CEO, this would have been true, but Tim Cook is a practical, finance-oriented guy. It may be very different this time.
it is going to be dIfferent this time.You should borrow a few leaves from Tim Cook's business modelling book yourself...
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Dabss(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Seun:
apple will still make money from iPhones just like they still do on macs, but with time it won't matter because Android will soon start powering almost everything and the stability and smoothness of ios won't matter. After all Mac Os is far more stable and reliable than windows but no cares because windows has a lot more to offer. By the time Android has like 90% of the market share, most developers will just have to focus on Android.

2 Likes

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
flawless911: Is it $199 on a 2 year contract here in Nigeria? Please enlighten me

Enlighten you? No, I'd rather educate you seeing as how you cannot comprehend simple written English.

In my Op, I mentioned specifically that this surveys were carried out in America and this was more relevant with people who buy high end phones.

Either you didn't see that or your brain cannot properly decipher those words. Which one of these afflictions ail you?

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete:

Enlighten you? No, I'd rather educate you seeing as how you cannot comprehend simple written English.

In my Op, I mentioned specifically that this surveys were carried out in America and this was more relevant with people who buy high end phones.

Either you didn't see that or your brain cannot properly decipher those words. Which one of these afflictions ail you?
common sharap , do u av to insult him? he kindly asked u. pls if u no want make I rubbish ur existence on NL no quote me. OLOSHI.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by flawless911(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete:

In ur desperation to sound intelligent, u ended up making a fool of yourself.. Ur insults dnt move me.. I cant exchange words with frustrated lowlifes dat litter our dear nairaland.. Enjoy ur thread.. No Mentions
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
dazekid: You should borrow a few leaves from Tim Cook's business modelling book yourself...
Which things do you think I can learn from Tim Cook, specifically? Please explain it in detail since you have my attention.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by francis247(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete:

You should also edit the title to 'Android Users in America are
Deserting in Droves Ahead of Iphone 6 launch'.

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by dazekid(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Seun: Which things do you think I can learn from Tim Cook, specifically? Please explain it in detail since you have my attention.
Not sure about detailing but the summary essentially is to be "a practical, finance oriented guy".Hope you get my drift?
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
what is all this "droves" noise you keep making sef.....

Apple just dey use marketing doublespeak dey deceive una

where are the hard numbers?

an increase of 50 people instead of 5 people is also "exponential".....

nna, all these gragra marketing, posting pictures of idiots queuing to buy phones that are available on delivery and will be available in stores for the next 2 years is just the kinda hype to suck in "me too" muguns.

That is how blackberry sef will be shouting "sold out" when in reality they actually had only 1000 devices for sale grin grin grin
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
murimoney: common sharap , do u av to insult him? he kindly asked u. pls if u no want make I rubbish ur existence on NL no quote me. OLOSHI.

Good thing I place far more importance on my existence OFF Nairaland than on it, eh?

Abeg 'rubbish' away o. Anything that makes you sleep better at night. As if when you 'rubbish' me here Arsenal go win Champions League
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
flawless911: In ur desperation to sound intelligent, u ended up making a fool of yourself.. Ur insults dnt move me.. I cant exchange words with frustrated lowlifes dat litter our dear nairaland.. Enjoy ur thread.. No Mentions

You sound like a Politician. Na only them dey fling insults with no meaning around.

I'm not sure why you think I insulted you when I was merely making an observation about your condition.

You are just being ungrateful after I took time out to educate you. Unfortunate.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by DAvIt0(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
4llerbuntu: what is all this "droves" noise you keep making sef.....

Apple just dey use marketing doublespeak dey deceive una

where are the hard numbers?

an increase of 50 people instead of 5 people is also "exponential".....

nna, all these gragra marketing, posting pictures of idiots queuing to buy phones that are available on delivery and will be available in stores for the next 2 years is just the kinda hype to suck in "me too" muguns.

That is how blackberry sef will be shouting "sold out" when in reality they actually had only 1000 devices for sale grin grin grin

#True ***in 2chainz voice**
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
texazzpete:

Good thing I place far more importance on my existence OFF Nairaland than on it, eh?

Abeg 'rubbish' away o. Anything that makes you sleep better at night. As if when you 'rubbish' me here Arsenal go win Champions League
you are the reason I support abortion!

3 Likes

Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
murimoney: you are the reason I support abortion!

Wait, was that the jibe that was supposed to 'rubbish' my 'Nairaland existence'?

You are... Underwhelming. Not even creative enough with the insults to provide any amusement. Smh
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by martineverest(m): 12:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Dabss: apple will still make money from iPhones just like they still do on macs, but with time it won't matter because Android will soon start powering almost everything and the stability and smoothness of ios won't matter. After all Mac Os is far more stable and reliable than windows but no cares because windows has a lot more to offer. By the time Android has like 90% of the market share, most developers will just have to focus on Android.
and u think microsoft ll be looking.?
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 20, 2014
ANDROID UNLIMITED BROWSING!!!
yourfreedom vpn offers u free & fast
browsing
on etisalat network...contact me for
the free version then i can upgrade for you if you
like it
BBM: 7c7db68a
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by texazzpete(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2014
martineverest: and u think microsoft ll be looking.?
\

Microsoft is nearly completely out of the running in the mobile space.
Re: Bloomberg: Android Users Are Deserting In Droves Ahead Of Iphone 6 Launch by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2014
don't let windows phone fanboys hear you o.

u want pple to jump inside river?

haven't u heard that windows phone is the way, truth and light? lololool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing THL L969 5-inch Android 4.4 Smartphone Review / Help:phone Can't Play Mp4 Video. / Hot!!! How To Make Mtn Unlimited Call With Just 30naira Daily | 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.