Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

My 15 Year Love Affair With Computer Games: An Eternal Matrimony - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My 15 Year Love Affair With Computer Games: An Eternal Matrimony (916 Views)

Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? / Which Computer Games Do You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My 15 Year Love Affair With Computer Games: An Eternal Matrimony by gabelogan(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2008
Ive always wanted to write a piece, journal, blog or any variation to that, but naturally im too lazy to do an of that. Just turned in my masters dissertation and have quite a lot of time on my hands now. As usual, i was going through nairaland-my daily tonic for laughter, political news, excitement and a whole host of things then i stumbled upon this section, and i couldn't resist the urge to write a little biography on the only thing that has been able to hold my attention and keep me excited for 15 years and im sure it will continue to do that for a very long time hence the title- an eternal matrimony.
My love affair started in 1992, when i was just a nine-year, rosy cheeked kid at the prestigious (not for academic excellence, but for the number of generals and diplomats siblings that attended the school) command day seconday school Abuja. Prior to that time, i had no inkling of what computer games were. my favourite past time was, u guessed it, football.
I met Ayodele, who i happened to attend thesame primary school with, but he was a year my senior, and we became very good friends. To me, he was a priviledged kid-the son of a diplomat and at that young age, he had been to a whole lot of places-the great wall of china, venezuala, namibia, etc. His percieved priviledge background also manifested in the type of things he brought to school-the type of food, the type of clothes he wore, the way he even carried himself reeked of sophstication, and as a nine-year old back then i knew what sophistication was.
On this fateful day, Ayodele brought a magazine to school- a computer game magazine and it was love at first sight. i was so fascinated with the contents of the magazine, it held me spellbound for days to come, that was when the love affair began.
Re: My 15 Year Love Affair With Computer Games: An Eternal Matrimony by Shaz(f): 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2008
[center]MOVED TO GAMES.[/center]

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Used Ps2 & Ps1 Original And Copied Games & Mem Cards & Others For Sale! / How To Fix Ur Xbox360 With The 3 Red Lights Of Death: / 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.