Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

My Mother's House Or My Sister's House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother's House Or My Sister's House (1834 Views)

Isn't It Somehow When A Married Man Always Goes To His Mother House For FOOD? / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? / My Sister In Law Slapped Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Flavierac: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello NL,
I had to create a new account because of my identity, so pls bear with me if u didnt see any previous post or smthn.

I am the last born of my mum, there are 5 of us. I left her house early this year because we were always fighting. Each time she was having issues with the other children, she would pass the aggression on me because I am that last daughter standing, but am doing my business and also working in an organization dat doesn't pay much.
It got soo bad that I couldn't take it any longer and with the help of our third born who fueled the issue that day, I was forced to leave, in fact my dad had to come from lag to help me pack and two of my sister, my brother who happened to be first born wasn't too pleased with it but he kept mute.

I moved to my immediate elder sister's house who is in her husband's house in the same estate my mum lives, she hasn't done any formal thing but she has a baby already and she stays in the nice apartment, a bungalow. I wasn't pleased with this at all but I was left with no other option, I can't move to my finance's house, I cnt do that till he does the normal thing.
Few months after I got to her house, she started behaving somehow (we fight a lot right from time, so it didn't start in her house, dat was y I wasn't pleased moving in with her), she nags and complain about everything and little thing, its either after I cook, I didn't clean the gas well, I ddnt close the tap well, I don't sweep or something, am ironing too much and all...

About the house chore, she has a house help who washes plate immediately after eating, she told him to be sweeping twice in a week, he washes the car even the boy doesn't have much to do aside to run errands. But there is practically nothing left for me to do than to tidy my room
Pls how is that my fault? Will I manufacture work or re wash clean plates and I told her this, she said I should join the boy when he's washing. And moreover am not always @home so I dnt even get to eat, most times I eat out because I dnt expect her to cook for me since I wasn't @home to join her in cooking so I got used to it that I dnt even go into the kitchen

Before I got this small job, I have been doing my business and it requires me going to campuses, I sell female wears and accessoriesm I'll pick a bike of abt 40/50 kilometers cos @times I always carry big ghana must go to sell stuffs
She complained that I dnt tell her where I am going to and soo many complains like that. She told me not to bring friends home. There was a day she insulted me because of 500naira in d presence of a customer (d funniest thing is the lady bought goods out of what she gave me to sell for her) that time I had just bought my goods, which really cost me all my savings (she didn't add a penny to support me) and that was the time I got the job few months ago because I wasn't expecting it(I saw it as something that can compliment my business), I couldn't go out to sell immediately after I got the job so I was out of cash. (And I was very sure she'd insult me if I try to collect money from her so I told mumsy to give or borrow me money that I was sure I'd get money that weekend when I go out to sell and mumsy said she had 1k dat she needs to get to bank also that we can share it.)
she insulted me that its not that I dnt have money o, I jst like begging for money, dat I shud grow up and stop all those childish behaviors and she meant it (this is someone who knew I have goods worth over 400k in my room that I haven't sold)
I really felt bad because this is a customer who we just greet hi hi in the estate and when the lady left I told her, even if she'd talk abt the money she shud av allowed d lady to leave and all.

She sed can't she talk again in her house and I shudnt bring anybody home and all and I respected that. She went bck home to report me that I did this, I did that, painting me black and painting herself good. And I told her recently is that the fact dat I don't go home to report her doesn't mean she ddnt do anything that has hurt me buh I jst believe its uncalled for.
Now an issue happened last week, a very good friend of ours came from abj and because he was working around apata-abk now, he came to eat around my office and he called me if I was in the office and I said Yes, and he came and we talked. I pinged my sis that the guy wants to see her and the baby cos he'd be leaving the following day and I sed he promised to chill till my closing time because of her and we even left office late, before we left I sent 'we r on our way home o' and she ddnt read or reply so we were jst going home with one of my other female frnds she knws well, my sis got home shortly after we entered the house, less dan 10mins

So in the evening after the guy left she sed she wasn't happy with the way she met the guy that why didn't I tell her, that wat if her hubby was in town and they came home together or her in-laws and I said buh you know the guy chilled till dat time cos of u (this guy is our verrrry good friend o). And she sed I shud av waited for her to reply and I said okay I accept that buh cos I even left office late cos I was tidying smthings and I still needed to drop smthing for one of my frnds before she leaves her own office. Dat next time I'll jst chill for her to reply and all

And from that oo, that was how she strted alll those issues all over again and I cudnt help it.

Mumsy has even apologised since and told me to come bck that @least I won't go to my husband's house from my sister's house and ppl have abused her that y wud she frustrate me to the extent of packing my things out of the house.

I have stayed with my sister for 6months but I dnt enjoy it anyway because I dnt like to pass my boundary, wen am outside my parents house, I always respect myself. And she said it herself that she's not happy either.

I intend going bck to mumsy's house who was very glad to help me pack my things but I dnt want to leave because we have issues, I want us to resolve it and then leave in peace. Because there's no how things like this won't occur again(before anything happens, she'd call my siblings and strts telln them lies and those ones believe I am d one @ fault, she won't call my brother because she kws that one will not even believe her rather, he'd insult her) and I won't feel good if it happens in the presence of her husband.

Pls advice me..... U r free to ask me any question. Thanx
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2014
mtcheeeeew.... as ma pic fine reach...juz 1
like nd ah see sum worwor gurlz getting a
100+ likes..(they kno demslvz) ma fellow
nairalanders tz nt fair oO!!!

juz wanna thank errbodi dah liked ma pic... y'all made me smile 2dae. God bless y'all! nd 4 dose gurlz wey don dae send mi pm.... Dont stop!
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by zizazizu: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2014
I actually read this epistle to the end...wow! That is a record for me (tapping myself on the back).

Back to the matter. How are u wrong in two houses? Beats me to think that the issue is with them when u r the common factor. U really need to ask a close friend what is it about u that makes ur blood to be easily irritated with you. I don't think u r a bad person else, u wouldn't have attracted a fiance.

Talking about fiance, how far with him? How long before u guys formalise the relationship. From ur gist, u r ready to settle down in ur own home where u will now be the one commanding issues as it is obvious that women are picking issues with you.

Regarding ur moving out or staying put, I think u should have a lengthy discussion with that ur brother that supports u. He knows u. He knows the women in question. He knows u guys history together. He is in prime position to tell which move will be the best.

As for me, I think u should sit with ur mum and talk issues. She seems to listen to talk. Remind her how u r learning how to prepare for ur home through her and how u wld love to leave for ur husband's house from hers. Find words u know will stick and melt her heart.

In any case, goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 19, 2014
dzeeny: mtcheeeeew.... as ma pic fine reach...juz 1
Oya ah don lyk your pix,. Happy now? undecided
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Op, why don't you just rent a room apartment, since your working now and also have small business.. And save yourself all this wahala...
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Flavierac: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2014
zizazizu: I actually read this epistle to the end...wow! That is a record for me (tapping myself on the back).

Back to the matter. How are u wrong in two houses? Beats me to think that the issue is with them when u r the common factor. U really need to ask a close friend what is it about u that makes ur blood to be easily irritated with you. I don't think u r a bad person else, u wouldn't have attracted a fiance.

Talking about fiance, how far with him? How long before u guys formalise the relationship. From ur gist, u r ready to settle down in ur own home where u will now be the one commanding issues as it is obvious that women are picking issues with you.

Regarding ur moving out or staying put, I think u should have a lengthy discussion with that ur brother that supports u. He knows u. He knows the women in question. He knows u guys history together. He is in prime position to tell which move will be the best.

As for me, I think u should sit with ur mum and talk issues. She seems to listen to talk. Remind her how u r learning how to prepare for ur home through her and how u wld love to leave for ur husband's house from hers. Find words u know will stick and melt her heart.

In any case, goodluck!

If everything works out as planned, we hope to settle next year, I'll call my brother later today and spk with him.
My mum is very happy dat am coming back but she says I shud allow the issue to die down. Thank You very much, I appreciate it.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Flavierac: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2014
banega: Op, why don't you just rent a room apartment, since your working now and also have small business.. And save yourself all this wahala...

Its not ethical, the only thing that can make me rent my own apartment is if I get a better job in another state. I am a lady.

1 Like

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by silvermist(f): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2014
I jus go check ur pix nau..u nor fine joor tongue

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by silvermist(f): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2014
@op.. I would say you should go back to your mum's house. It's obvious you and your sis can't leave under same roof even if this present issues were resolved, new ones will still crop up. Your mum is willing to have you back, why not go back?

Before you leave your sister's house though, have a talk with her thanking her for housing you for the past six months and apologizing for whatever may have transpired between you. Just so there won't be any grudges left and you can have a free mind.

Then do a self evaluation of yourself or have a friend or your brother who understands you better to do this for you. Nobody is perfect, you may have your own flaws too that ticks off these quarrels with your sis and even your mum. Try and work on your flaws.

Goodluck.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by egopersonified(f): 10:51am On Sep 19, 2014

I don go like your pic, no vex, but why you con pose with that kin fine girl naw, you no no say na bad market for your prospective admirers.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by helen4(f): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2014
well, dont because of the issues you are having rush into things. to me, i wish u will get someone to come in and settle the whole thing. let it be someone your sister holds in high esteem. lastly, my dear sister am not judging u but try and see if u can work on yourself, u might be the one at fault. pls am not trying to judge or blame you.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by egopersonified(f): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Op, op, op, how many times did I call you? I hope you wouldnt be packing out of your husband's house with the help of your family at the slightest issue once you get married. Last born is not a curse but a blessing depending on how you play your game. Try to learn to submit to authority. My sis who I am only two years older than stayed with me for four years before she got married and she dare not counter my rules, even to telling her when she should come home in the evenings and for your information, she is not a push over but someone who can stand on her own rights. she just had to learn how to live by my own set rules because even my parents dont tolerate rubbish. Abeg, learn to stick to their rules, I agree sometimes we go overboard, but you can always present your case in a calm and respectful way.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by coogar: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2014
Flavierac:
If everything works out as planned, we hope to settle next year, I'll call my brother later today and spk with him.
My mum is very happy dat am coming back but she says I shud allow the issue to die down. Thank You very much, I appreciate it.

you are the problem.....
this is not necessarily because you have a disgusting behavioural attitude but because you lack the gift of foresight.....

you knew you & your sister never got along, why move in with her? you have a brother who you get along with, why not stay with him? why would anyone even move in with a sister? isn't it expected that your sister could be a carbon copy of your mother? why were you expecting different results?

women are generally fussy! they are the ones that would notice if you didn't greet, if you didn't clean, if you didn't sleep early & all kinda bullshyte. their hormones get in their way of reasoning too so it's expected of them to take their frustrations out on you - they will always find fault where there's none.

if you know what's good for you, move in with your fiancé or your brother. don't even move back to your mom cos once the novelty of your moving back wears off, the ghosts of the past shall return. if your brother has a wife, then forget it. she would frustrate your life as well. move in with your fiancé & forget the yeye tradition you are holding on to.

good luck!!!

4 Likes

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2014
Flavierac:
Its not ethical, the only thing that can make me rent my own apartment is if I get a better job in another state. I am a lady.

which one is ethical?

get youe own apartment jare, couldn't even read the opening story, too much petty issues angry
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Flavierac:

I moved to my immediate elder sister's house who is in her husband's house in the same estate my mum lives, she hasn't done any formal thing but she has a baby already and she stays in the nice apartment, a bungalow.

Do you mean your sister and the man she is living with are not legally married?

I ask because you said you are a lady and it is not ethical to get your own apartment, your sister living with a man is not ethical and you moving in with her makes it worse could be one of the reasons she is so cranky.

I think you should go back to your mom's house whatever issues you and your sis have will be resolved in time i can't see any urgency in resolving it so give it a rest and go back home to mommy.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by aieromon(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
If you're really a hustler as your post suggests, I recommend you rent an apartment until Mr Right is ready to put a ring on it. You can do well on your own and earn the respect of the family regardless of their feelings about your behavior.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Flavierac: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
coogar:

you are the problem.....
this is not necessarily because you have a disgusting behavioural attitude but because you lack the gift of foresight.....

you knew you & your sister never got along, why move in with her? you have a brother who you get along with, why not stay with him? why would anyone even move in with a sister? isn't it expected that your sister could be a carbon copy of your mother? why were you expecting different results?

women are generally fussy! they are the ones that would notice if you didn't greet, if you didn't clean, if you didn't sleep early & all kinda bullshyte. their hormones get in their way of reasoning too so it's expected of them to take their frustrations out on you - they will always find fault where there's none.

if you know what's good for you, move in with your fiancé or your brother. don't even move back to your mom cos once the novelty of your moving back wears off, the ghosts of the past shall return. if your brother has a wife as well, then forget it. she would frustrate your life as well. move in with your fiancé & forget the yeye tradition you are holding on to.

good luck!!!

I understand you very well, my brother doesn't live in the same state with me,and he is married but myself and his wife are very close and I used to go there very well. So I cnt move in with him cos am working now and I can't move in with my finance though I go there( we've been dating for 2yrs, he also brought up d suggestion) often but not packing all my loads there. I dnt want that.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by okirewaju(f): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
If you cannot rent an apartment then move to your Mum's place biko!!!
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Flavierac: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=andromida]

Do you mean your sister and the man she is living with are not legally married?

I ask because you said you are a lady and it is not ethical to get your own apartment, your sister living with a man is not ethical and you moving in with her makes it worse could be one of the reasons she is so cranky.

I think you should go back to your mom's house whatever issues you and your sis have will be resolved in time i can't see any urgency in resolving it so give it a rest and go back home to mommy.[/quote

My sister made her choice and I believe its not right for me because ow many pple do I want to explain to that I got an apartment in a state where my mum is leaving.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Richy4(m): 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
The summary of everything is that you are looking for independent. And there's no way you can find that in your sister or mum's house.

I believe you are above 20 and you work, why not look for a one room somewhere and regain your dignity. In abroad, 18 you are out of your parents' house.

But you describe that your people live in estate apparently you will not like to go to somewhere that is not cool because of your financial status. Look for a cheap one room no matter how it is so that you will get the freedom you are looking for.
But if not please leave your sister's marriage alone. She is married and need no inconveniences. Do you even know how her husband feel about your presence?

1 Like

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
egopersonified:

I don go like your pic, no vex, but why you con pose with that kin fine girl naw, you no no say na bad market for your prospective admirers.
hahaha...na ma sis b daht ooo. u no see d resemblance
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
silvermist: I jus go check ur pix nau..u nor fine joor tongue

lol.. ah still fine pass yhu sha. #tonguesOut
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
banega: Oya ah don lyk your pix,. Happy now? undecided
ur such a darling.. *in funke's voice*.. tankin u!

1 Like

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by egopersonified(f): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
dzeeny:
hahaha...na ma sis b daht ooo. u no see d resemblance

Let me advice you, remove that girl's pic ASAP.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
coogar:

you are the problem.....

if you know what's good for you, move in with your fiancé or your brother. don't even move back to your mom cos once the novelty of your moving back wears off, the ghosts of the past shall return. if your brother has a wife, then forget it. she would frustrate your life as well. move in with your fiancé & forget the yeye tradition you are holding on to.

good luck!!!

abomination ! You want society to crucify her.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by soulglo: 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
zizazizu: I actually read this epistle to the end...wow! That is a record for me (tapping myself on the back).

In any case, goodluck!

I agree. Sometimes you have to focus on the message and not the delivery.

@ OP Your mom sounds like a difficult person and so does your sister. I think she means well but she just has a bad approach. Bottom line is mom is tough and sister is tough. Pick your mom. Go back home and deal with moms issues for now. Are your parents divorced?
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by Flavierac: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
soulglo:

I agree. Sometimes you have to focus on the message and not the delivery.

@ OP Your mom sounds like a difficult person and so does your sister. I think she means well but she just has a bad approach. Bottom line is mom is tough and sister is tough. Pick your mom. Go back home and deal with moms issues for now. Are your parents divorced?

She used to be but she has rly changed, compared to the woman I grew up knowing, yes they are.

Okay, thnx I appreciate all ur comments and I am taking note of everything.

1 Like

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by GboyegaD(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
I don't know what issues could have transpired between you and your mom that made you move out. My advice is move back with your mom and try to look through what has been her major issues with you with the mindset of working it out to avoid any other confrontations after you move in.
Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by ice234: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2014
Please what is not ethical about a lady renting a small apartment since she is a salary earner?

Flavierac:

Re: My Mother's House Or My Sister's House by LewsTherin: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

which one is ethical?

get youe own apartment jare, couldn't even read the opening story, too much petty issues angry

I wonder!

I was thinking of what advice togive when I saw that. Not ethical because you're a "lady"? Hmmm. No more comment

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Mother To Say These Things To Her Son? / SOLD 1.5HP INVERTER AIR CONDITIONERS | 2HP SCANFROST |PERFECTLY WORKING SOLD / Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.