Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? (1838 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 29, 2007
Your wife or your mother who would you entrust with your money?
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 29, 2007
since I have no wife,the answer is simple.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by wales(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2007
Men, i can entrust any of them with money at any time for i know what they can do and not do. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by hannydarl(f): 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2007
As a man you know the character of them both so if ya mama na wicked woman and you know say left to am your wife no go see food chop then i beg you make you hand over money mater to madam but if madam na spend drift and mama na considerate woman wey like make everything flow as normal then allow mama handle the cash. Dont in the name of she is my mother punish another mans daughter with starvation. when mama refuses to give her money to buy medicine for junior because she thinks its expensive and junior can get better by drinking agbo from iya lasisi's farm. I think the best thiing to do is to give both women separate monies to handle their separate affairs and financial needs.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by iyken(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2007
fizofly:

Your wife or your mother who would you entrust with your money?
Wife? and Mother? Entrust with Money?
Wait a minute, can't still get the drift. So where are the banks then.

Your wife is supposed to be your friend,confidant, trustee. When this is not the case,then there are issues.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by uspry1(f): 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
What happen to your marriage vow? Tell me what is the foundation of the marriage relationship means to you.

As iyken said that your wife is supposed to be your friend,confidant, trustee. When this is not the case, then there are issues.

You and your wife MUST BE GREAT confident and SERIOUSLY compromise in financial obligations TOGETHER, because you both become one person, Not on your mother!!!!

Read this bible scripture on Genesis Chapter 2 verse 24 says,"That's why a man will leave his own father and mother. He marries a woman, and the two of them become like one person."
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by hotchic1(f): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2007
Under a normal condition,every other thing been thesame
If i have succeeded in a building a home n not a house,then,i think my partner will be a better idea.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Ronke2811(f): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2007
sometimes i get irritated with topics posted @ nairaland.
for crying out loud, why should i entrust my money with my folks when i am married.
marriage is all abt two becoming one, why the segregation.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Bassey231(m): 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2007
Whatever happened to marriage vows.I agree with you.A married man who gives money to his mother to keep for him is not a man,he is still aboy.Marriage is not meant for boys
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by bebe2007(m): 10:20am On Jun 05, 2007
Bassey231:

Whatever happened to marriage vows.I agree with you.A married man who gives money to his mother to keep for him is not a man,he is still aboy.Marriage is not meant for boys

correct!!! marriage is between two people not three. When you are married you become one. I see no point in going back home.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:04am On Jun 09, 2007
Bassey231:

Word!
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by bluehorizo(m): 9:05pm On Apr 26, 2008
My wife
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2008

someone needs to buy u a drink,u deserve it,any man that entrusts his money to his mum instead of me the wife,should also get ready to be having sex wt her(the mum) as well
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by goodness4: 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2008
My wife offcourse, because she is me and i am her. Flesh to flesh and bone to bone.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Sissy3(f): 5:10am On Jun 10, 2009
my spouse unless i have any other reason to believe otherwise
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 10, 2009
my parents have always had my banking details and they have legal access to my accounts. i have always trusted their judgments and that will never change. i am never at home so they are in charge of my banking "life".
i might open a joint account with a wife but she will never get as high as what i have with my parents.
do you expect me to void a lifetime of trust that i have for my parents for some woman i know for a few yrs?!
they are not on the same level. can never compare the two, different ball game. a wife i can loose, a wife can betray me, a wife can suddenly hate me, the love a wife gives me can never be as high as the love i get from my parents, NEVER.
and i expect her to feel exactly the same about her parents.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by biola44: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

my parents have always had my banking details and they have legal access to my accounts. i have always trusted their judgments and that will never change. i am never at home so they are in charge of my banking "life".
i might open a joint account with a wife but she will never get as high as what i have with my parents.
do you expect me to void a lifetime of trust that i have for my parents for some woman i know for a few yrs?!
they are not on the same level. can never compare the two, different ball game. a wife i can loose, a wife can betray me, a wife can suddenly hate me, the love a wife gives me can never be as high as the love i get from my parents, NEVER.
u said it all, a mother cannot be changed
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Lagosboy: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

I dey feel u jare . Many people dont like to face reality and base things on emotions. Yes marriage is to bring two people together and you can entrust some money with your wife no doubt but from the posters question it seems like the bulk of the money. As long as your wife has enough for her to live on and the kids will not suffer, the excess cash or investment you could entrust in your mum.

"till death do us part" thousands of people say this every day in religious marriages and civil as well but thousands of divorce proceedings are handled by courts at the same time. That is the reality of the world we live in. A wife could be changed a mother can never be replaced. A good mother will never betray the fruit of her womb, a good mother will always remain when everyone has left you in times of trials. This is the same woman tha laboured hard to bring you up to a stage that your wife could admire you and marry you. If your wife grew up she would expect the same from your son, Its a cycle no one loses out. The wife today is a mother tommorrow. When i look at how women suffer to cater for children , sleepless nights and crazy routines I myself will curse my son if he doesnt place his mother above everything in life including myself.

All said within the context of having a good mother which we all understand !!!
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by ifyalways(f): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
Some men are funny,i swear cheesy
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2009
Depends on what the money is for.
Biz money, cant entrust in anyone's hands, not even mine.
Enjoyment money, my woman's hands.
Family money, my mother's hands
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by X2X(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2009
Lagosboy:

I dey feel u jare . Many people dont like to face reality and base things on emotions. Yes marriage is to bring two people together and you can entrust some money with your wife no doubt but from the posters question it seems like the bulk of the money. As long as your wife has enough for her to live on and the kids will not suffer, the excess cash or investment you could entrust in your mum.

"till death do us part" thousands of people say this every day in religious marriages and civil as well but thousands of divorce proceedings are handled by courts at the same time. That is the reality of the world we live in. A wife could be changed a mother can never be replaced. A good mother will never betray the fruit of her womb, a good mother will always remain when everyone has left you in times of trials. This is the same woman tha laboured hard to bring you up to a stage that your wife could admire you and marry you. If your wife grew up she would expect the same from your son, Its a cycle no one loses out. The wife today is a mother tommorrow.  When i look at how women suffer to cater for children , sleepless nights and crazy routines I myself will curse my son if he doesnt place his mother above everything in life including myself.

I dey feel you jare.   I couldnt have said it better.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by JJYOU: 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2009
Lagosboy:

"till death do us part" thousands of people say this every day in religious marriages and civil as well but thousands of divorce proceedings are handled by courts at the same time. That is the reality of the world we live in. A wife could be changed a mother can never be replaced. A good mother will never betray the fruit of her womb, a good mother will always remain when everyone has left you in times of trials. This is the same woman tha laboured hard to bring you up to a stage that your wife could admire you and marry you. If your wife grew up she would expect the same from your son, Its a cycle no one loses out. The wife today is a mother tommorrow. When i look at how women suffer to cater for children , sleepless nights and crazy routines I myself will curse my son if he doesnt place his mother above everything in life including myself.

i know it can be confusing knowing who to trust between aishatu, abibatu, sikiratu and serifatu. cant you love one enough to give her the priviledge?

it is good to know you acknowledge some women suffer to raise kids.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by sucessful1: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2009
@all

ans=none of the above cheesy tongue
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by xavier3(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2009
I choose option C, Both of em. Al it takes is splitting the chedar in half
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Outstrip(f): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2009
Unless there are serious trust issues I cannot see why this should even be a question
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by lannre(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2009
I have a loving and caring wife ,I have a loving and caring mother. I can entrust with anyone of them.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by rubi(f): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2009
To avoid had I known go to bank if it is bulk money, but if it is an amount you can forget easily when they chop it you can try either of them. Remember money and blood works hand in hand. cheers
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by joannes: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2009
My people, fundmentally, once you are married, you as a man has formed another family altogether with your wife. This fact has nothing to do with neglecting your mother. Hence, your WIFE should be your 'CLOSEST FRIEND AND COMPANION' who shares your every possession and secret.

If this trust and confidence which is propelled by the genuine love that binds a man and a woman together as husband and wife is missing, then that marriage has already a question mark.

Please for the sake of emphasis, one should entrust his money to the wife and not the mother. Even if the wife is suffering from 'squandermania', she will smell it with you when the time comes. YOU ARE ONE !!!
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by omar22(m): 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2009
I know a guy during the early 90’s, though in all honestly he made all his money from hustling and fraud, as at 1994 he has sent about £40000 to Nigeria to his mum to keep, by then the pound to naira was around £1 to N70. Unfortunately for this guy he was deported back to Nigeria, on his way back to Nigeria, he was relaxed about the whole situation. He knew quite alright that by the time he spends around £5k he would be back in England.

After the dust has settled, Bobo turned to his mum, and asked where is my money

Erm erm erm your money!!! Well when baba so and so died, we bought this and that!!!

When Iya so and so’s daughter got married we bought this and that…

When my brother was made the Baba ariya of Yoruba land, we bought a white cow,

And the list went on and on…. Ok where’s the rest,

Mama said money is finished…

Well to cut it short, from that moment 15 years ago the guy hasn’t seen his mother and does not plan to see her again.
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by Lagosboy: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2009
omar22:

I know a guy during the early 90’s, though in all honestly he made all his money from hustling and fraud, as at 1994 he has sent about £40000 to Nigeria to his mum to keep, by then the pound to naira was around £1 to N70. Unfortunately for this guy he was deported back to Nigeria, on his way back to Nigeria, he was relaxed about the whole situation. He knew quite alright that by the time he spends around £5k he would be back in England.

After the dust has settled, Bobo turned to his mum, and asked where is my money

Erm erm erm your money!!! Well when baba so and so died, we bought this and that!!!

When Iya so and so’s daughter got married we bought this and that…

When my brother was made the Baba ariya of Yoruba land, we bought a white cow,

And the list went on and on…. Ok where’s the rest,

Mama said money is finished…

Well to cut it short, from that moment 15 years ago the guy hasn’t seen his mother and does not plan to see her again.

Pathetic story and silly mother as well.

15 years not seeing his mother might be rather harsh as well. That too much to man.

Everyone has such story to tell about putting families into business and stuff but i dont know the relationship of this guy and hism mum befor ethis incident as if he really gave his mum good warning to keep the money and give her a certain amount of that.

Folks in naija seeing that kind of money will thin the dude had three times that amount so they can blow it and now worries. I dont think any good mother will deliberately want to wreck the lives of their children. undecided
Re: Your Wife Or Mother Who Would You Entrust With Your Money? by samparian(m): 3:26am On Jun 20, 2009
I trust my mum with absolutely everything inch of my wealth. Not just because i'm single but because of what She has gone through for me.

Someone posted that a guy sent money home to his mother and she blew it. well, silly mum and crazy guy. Did he tell her what to do with the money or did he just ask her to keep it??

when i was broke, all my friends left me, my fiancee started dating someone else and we eventually broke up. Only my immediate family stayed by me. My mum kept praying for me day and night. when i told her i was leaving the country, she knelt me down in front of the alter and prayed for God's Mercy and favour upon me.

Today, everything i've sent home is in her care. She has bought land for me, and is building a house for me(i didnt even ask her to) and the business i opened in Nigeria, she runs it for me.
I trust her totally.
When i get married, my wife will really need to prove i can trust her with big money, cos right now, every babe i come across wants to marry me. Even my yeye ex fiancee wants me back cos i'm now MADE. imagine!!

(1) (Reply)

Is Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment.(true Life Sto / My Marriage Is Becoming Boring / Cleric Impregnates Clients Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.