Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:02 AM

Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth (1211 Views)

Japan's Okinawa Island- Healthiest Place On Earth / how to find what you are looking for / 14 Most Bizarre Medical Conditions On Earth...warning GRAPHIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by my2cents(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2006
Sorry lads,

Another country has finally beaten us: Denmark -

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/07/27/happy.world.reut/

Which country is the unhappiest? Burundi. In fact, the bottom 3 (y I am surprised, given oyibo bias, I dunno) are all from Africa.

Just thought I should share grin
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by naijadiva2(f): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2006
they just hating
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by diddy4(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2006
to me naija is the happiest.
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by zebudaya(m): 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2006
Naija was never the happiest i bet you that research was flawed!
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by nilla(f): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2006
naija was the happiest
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by desiree(f): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2006
Nigeria was once the happiest because we are very good at pretending---I guess the folks at University of Leicester sourced that out.
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by shawna(f): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2006
i didnt even know nigeria was once the happiest place on earth undecided
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by nilla(f): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2006
I dont think we pretend. I think we actually try to be happy irrespective of the situation.
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by zebudaya(m): 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2006
study was flawed period, you can say we are the most optimistic, thankful, etc but not happy.!
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by nilla(f): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2006
well optimistic is fine.

I am sha happy (so u can count me as a vote lol)
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by dearie(m): 1:41am On Jul 30, 2006
It's the happiness that fosters unity in our diversity.

Thank God for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by my2cents(m): 4:21am On Jul 31, 2006
When that first CNN study came out about nigerians, I immediately refuted it. However, upon further thought at the time, I concurred. Based on my experience in the states:

- Does the average Nigerian in Nigeria (NIN) have to worry about paying monthly bills?

- The avg NIN may not be able to afford a car/house/phone, etc, but when he does, its paid for, *cash*.

- For those NINs who dont have, they are for the most part content and go along with their lives

- There are kids born now unfortunately, who hvnt the slightest idea of what it feels like to have light/water for 24 hrs. So what they dont know wont hurt them. To them, fetching water at the local borehole is the norm.

- On avg, how many hours/days does a NIN work? When I mean work, I don't mean going to work at noon and signing 8am in the ministry the log book, then leaving at 3pm.

So why wdnt we be happy? grin
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by nilla(f): 4:23am On Jul 31, 2006
my2cents i concur with you
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 31, 2006
Booooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by diddy4(m): 4:55am On Jul 31, 2006
hey kc, i sent u sommin. aint u on yahoo?
Re: Nigeria No Longer Happiest Place On Earth by DaHitler(m): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2006
Your title is very missleading. There is a difference between the happiest "place" and the happiest "people." Nigeria has not been the happiest place on earth, and in all honesty, such a place is subject to so many opinions that it can never exist. Now, Nigeria can and might even have been the home of the happiest people on earth. But like everything else, the measure of something is and always will be based on its relation to another thing. In short, everything in relative.

Like they say, ignorance is bliss. I come across more seriously depressed people in New York than I do in Lagos. in fact, I can't remember comming across any depressed person in Lagos. You might find people that are in pain over a loved one, but they are no where near the verge of committing suicide. grin

(1) (Reply)

Infertility - A Very Common Problem / Epididymo-orchitis / Help Before I Go Blind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.