Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

What Do You See? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Do You See? (1075 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You See? by NextProdigy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2008
What do you see?

Love
GOD IS LOVE. I see a Nigeria where God comes first before any other. I see a Nation, where there’s unity in diversity; where every individual is driven by love; love for God, love for country, love for people, a Nigeria where each individual is identified as a person regardless of his/her tribe, a country where the members of various tribes will live together happily without self-interest but with “other’s-interest”; a Nation of people diverse in culture but united in Vision, a common vision to forge ahead together in spite of circumstances, a country where God and his Word remain the standard for our lives; a country where we just can’t love enough and we can’t just as well love too much; as I walk on the streets and look into the eyes of the little kid who’s begging for bread am so filled with love and I act on that love even as I reach out and touch that child, give him something to eat, a place to sleep and an opportunity to learn and grow in life in a safe and secure environment. Can we love so much that it hurts? Let’s love one another. I see myself as a Nigerian; I love my Ibo, Hausa, and Yoruba brothers; let’s say no to hatred as this breeds fear; rather let’s embrace love as Faith wells up in our hearts and we love each other so much until all we see is love. As I write, I feel so much love; so deep, so true and so real as tears well up in my eyes. God loves people more than anything and we are created in his image and likeness so we love people more than anything. I love God and I love you that is reading this. I love men and I love women; I love my family- God’s family and the only family. I love life with the good things that come with it.

Responsibility
I see a country where every individual is responsible for himself, and the outcome of his life. I see a nation where the citizens do not wait for the government to come and put things in place, besides, who makes up government if not the people. I see a nation where I see bad roads and I take responsibility and make the roads good. I see a nation where everyone accepts responsibility for the present state of decadence and refuses to bow down to pressure to make things worse; I see a nation where we take responsibility for the bad state of power supply and join hands to make things right. Thank God for people like Gov. Fashola who’s taking giant strides to put Lagos on the map of the world. I see a nation where we all take responsibility for the low rate of unemployment even as we create jobs that add value to people’s lives; we take responsibility for all our actions and inactions, we take responsibility for our income, we take responsibility for having family values and training our children, we take responsibility for areas we have failed, learn from them and move on making things right, we take responsibility for our past, our present, and our future. I see a Nigeria where every employee takes responsibility for his/her own financial destiny. I see a nation where everyone takes responsibility for what he/she eats, the state of health; physical and spiritual well-being. I see a nation where we all take responsibility for the pathetic state of corruption from the lowest rung off the ladder to the highest; a nation where we refuse to give bribes even as we refuse to accept same; a nation where we take responsibility for the leaders we vote in and we take the responsibility of kicking them out if they fail in their quest. I am responsible for my life and for whatever comes out of it, I am responsible for my income, my health, my happiness, my joy, and all. I take responsibility for my past, my present, and my future. I take responsibility for walking in God’s word and turning out the way He planned and purposed for me.

Excellence
I see a people driven by Excellence; where we do things right the first time and we do things better there-after; I see an Excellent nation full of Excellent people doing excellent things. Excellence in the industries, private companies, public parastatals, and the public service. I see a nation where the job of being a police officer or a PHCN official is one of the most respectable in the world; where people in governance see their posts as opportunities to attempt and get excellent results in all they do. I have an excellent spirit and I do excellent things. I get things right the first time and I get better every day in who I am and in what I do.

Courage
I see a nation of courageous people who are not afraid of standing for Truth and Justice; a nation of people filled with courage to keep on keeping on even when the times are rough; a country filled with David Oyedepos, Chris Oyakhilomes, Sam Adeyemi's, Poju Oyemade's and Yomi Oluneyes; a nation where we stand up and uphold the Gospel as we minister to all; a nation where we are not moved by what we see physically but we run on a vision that propels us from within and fills us with courage even for the stormy days and dark nights. I am full of courage and I stand for the Truth, I stand on God’s word and his never-ending love.

Integrity
I see people of integrity and honor; people true to their words and self-belief system; people who are true to themselves regardless of who they are with or who is watching; people of integrity; integrity of the body, mind, and spirit; integrity in words, thoughts, and deeds. I am full of integrity and I am real and true; I have strengths and I have weaknesses; I’m vulnerable because I do not hide behind any facade or false wall even as I harness my strengths and work daily on my weaknesses. I am a man of integrity.

Teamwork
I see a country where we all join hands together to make our country a better place; we join hands together to reap what we have sown; a country where we all need each other to survive even as we work together to provide jobs, good roads, food, clothing, and housing for everyone; a nation where every individual sees himself as a major player in the team and works and plays to the common goal of putting our nation where she belongs. Nigeria is our team; I’m a part of that team and I will play my own part and expect every other Nigerian to do the same.

Entrepreneurial Spirit
I see a Nigeria where we see ourselves not just as consumers but as producers; I see a nation full of individuals that take advantage of the problems around and channel them into opportunities of growth; opportunities for the economic growth of the nation; I see a nation of people who see an abundance of resources even as we use what we have to get what we need. I see a country of sowers and not eaters. I am an entrepreneur as I get better in what I do daily and in who I am; I learn every day and I live in the reality of what I’ve learned; I take advantage of the opportunities I see around me even as I hear some people complain, (such people I avoid like a plague)! I see opportunities everywhere; in our economy, government, hospitals, orphanages, companies, villages; on the streets and in the houses, EVERYWHERE. I see them and I enter into such opportunities for the greater good of all mankind.

IN CONCLUSION
I see a young man in a crowded market place; there is hardly any space for him to walk freely without being hindered, he’s going ahead walking in the market, slowly as he’s being pressed from all sides; as time goes on his tempo increases a bit as he starts to move more freely, he’s moving freely and after a while, he’s jogging along; after a while, his jog breaks out into a run, now he’s sprinting away running faster and faster with each step and suddenly, he takes off, he’s flying, he flies higher and higher but suddenly he can't go any higher, he is obstructed by live electricity lines that electrocute his body over and over, he is stopped by trees and different sorts of ropes, he’s panting, weighing his options, “Should I give up?”, it’s getting tougher every minute and every hour, WHAT? he’s dying! Suddenly, he hears from God, and faith wells up in his spirit, he gives thanks to the almighty and doing his best he starts to get himself untangled from it all and after a long while that seemed endless, he finally breaks free, now he’s unstoppable, HE’S FREE!

THAT YOUNG MAN IS NIGERIA
THAT YOUNG MAN IS THE CHURCH
THAT YOUNG MAN IS ME

That’s what I see. So tell me, What do you see?
Re: What Do You See? by Cristalz(f): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2008
I see a discouragingly lengthy epistle that's chased me well away from here grin

But I'm sure the write-up is nice grin Keep it up undecided grin
Re: What Do You See? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
u are sure it's nice Cristalz wen u no gree read grin
Re: What Do You See? by NextProdigy(m): 12:12am On Apr 01, 2013
lol

(1) (Reply)

Heartbroken! / Get Collections Of Books And Audio Books, Over 350 In Number, For Free / 10 Books Every Child Should Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.