Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? (3232 Views)

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by Efere701(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2014
Efere701: JW's have understood God's view of blood from the bible. When it comes to the Law to abstain from blood, we see it given to Noah and his family - Genesis 9:4,5. We also see it given to the israelites - Leviticus 17:10, 11. We also read of it in the early christian congregation - Act 14:28, 29.

The question is, was it just animal blood alone? What is the principle behind God's telling his people in the past to abstain from blood. Lev 17:10, 11 explains the principle behind the Law, it says: "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for you to make atonment for your souls". In truth, the life of the flesh is in the blood. Medical science totally agrees with this. The blood contains red and white blood cells as well as plasma and plateletes. It is said that in the absence of one of these components, life cannot continue. Blood plays a vital role in life, so for that reason the bible equates blood to life.

If blood = Life, then it shld be respected, not misused because it is God's, hence the law to pour it out to the earth after cutting the throat of an animal. That Formed the basis for the Law to abstain from blood. And that includes human blood, for Lev 17:10 starts by saying "as for any man...who eats ANY SORT OF BLOOD...I shall indeed cut him off. This was not simply refering only to animal blood.

There is also the account in 2samuel 23:15-17 where David was very thirsty, 3 of his men forced their way into the enemy camp, drew water from a cistern, and brought it to him. How did David react? He asked: "shall I drink the blood of the men going at the risk of their souls?" In Davids eyes, the water was, in effect, the lifeblood of his men. So despite his thirst he "poured it out to God".

David understood the prínciple behind the Law to abstain from blood, JW's also do thus their respect for blood(Life).

Like it was said earlier, when you consider the reason behind the law to abstain from blood given to the israelites, you'll appreciate why we shouldn't transfuse blood today. Lev 17:10, 11 says "the life of the flesh is in the blood", hence the law to pour it out to the ground. Life belong to God, and the blood is life. The law suggests that we cannot treat life/blood as we wish. We shld respect it. That ofcourse includes human blood, for in 2samuel 23:15-17 david demonstrated the sacredness of the human blood as well.

It is also important to note that in Acts 15:29 paul says that when christians abstain from blood, they will prosper and have good health. True to that, many who have obeyed this have been free from the infections that blood transfusion brings. Do u knw how many pple get infected with hiv, hepathitis and other diseases through even screened blood?

JW's want the best medical treatment because they want to stay alive and serve Jehovah, but when it comes to clear-cut Laws and principle from the Bible as this, they chose to obey it because they Love Jehovah and trust that he is God who is loyal to those who worship him in trueness.

1 Like

Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2014
^^^ There is no need to overflog the issue, Their minds have been made up already. If clear cut laws like lying, fornication, adultery, stealing and murder are violated on a daily basis how much so something they viewed as a lifesaver- human blood.
They are free to hold their opinion and do what ever they want to do with their life. Everyone will be held accountable for their sins.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My guy Na your eyes you go sharpen.......No shaking, nothing dey happen, no man wan die but dem wan go heaven"--2baba

2 Likes

Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by BERNIMOORE: 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
paulGrundy: @BERNIMORE/truthislight/loveroftruth,

The Watchtower stance on blood is Scripturally inaccurate on several levels:

1. The Bible refers to eating blood from animals killed for food, not blood transfusions that do not result in the death of the donor.

2. Paul showed that Acts 15 was only binding when it would result in stumbling (1 Corithians cool

3. The Rabbinic principle of Pikuach Nefesh (appealed to by Jesus at Mat 12:11) dictates that the Law be superseded if it would result in loss of life

My two cents

Yooguyz (now known as paulgrundy) welcome to the forum!
Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Efere701:

Like it was said earlier, when you consider the reason behind the law to abstain from blood given to the israelites, you'll appreciate why we shouldn't transfuse blood today. Lev 17:10, 11 says "the life of the flesh is in the blood", hence the law to pour it out to the ground. Life belong to God, and the blood is life. The law suggests that we cannot treat life/blood as we wish. We shld respect it. That ofcourse includes human blood, for in 2samuel 23:15-17 david demonstrated the sacredness of the human blood as well.

It is also important to note that in Acts 15:29 paul says that when christians abstain from blood, they will prosper and have good health. True to that, many who have obeyed this have been free from the infections that blood transfusion brings. Do u knw how many pple get infected with hiv, hepathitis and other diseases through even screened blood?

JW's want the best medical treatment because they want to stay alive and serve Jehovah, but when it comes to clear-cut Laws and principle from the Bible as this, they chose to obey it because they Love Jehovah and trust that he is God who is loyal to those who worship him in trueness.
as many soul that have died as a result of this dumb practice by the jehovah witness, God will require their blood from ur hands. if blood transfusion can save the life of someone who had lost a lot of blood, i see no reason why it should not be done. God will surely hold u people responsible.
Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by truthislight: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

On a serious note, if Christ would sanction 'saving life' on a Sabbath mooday even when it contradited the Sabbath day regulations, why would mortal man prevent the saving of live via blood transfusion?

Ok, I see.

What you said above seems reasonable at first glance, I just wished it does not then becomes a license for people to start over-stepping clear instructions found in God's word 'arbitrarily'.

In your saving of life, why not patronize a native doctor (voodoo) or demons ? Even on any day you like?

Why not? voodoo doctors do have the capacity to heal too and save live. No ?

I dont see where in the bible that the bible advocates salective application and justification that suit us.

Neither have i seen any scripture that gave options when it comes to taking of blood. It is an absolutely NO.

Humans that can not even save, even their own lives are not qualify to proffer justification off the bible as to what to do on this matter. No, they cant, no rationalization can do.

If I am right, the bible does says, "to obey is better than sacrifices".

Those that really does have genuine faith on what the bible does say show their absolute faith and obedience even at the cost of their life and not wanting to save it at all cost even at the expense of disobeying God, disobeying the giver of life himself.

Does that ^ risk of disobeying the giver of life sound like a reasonable thing to do ?

Well, the apostles of old did say that they will obey God instead of men.

If the hope of everlasting life is real and realistic to you, you will see the need not to risk eternal life at the expense of preserving this short present life at the risk of displeasing God.

The above is not an endosement of the rejection of sound medical treatment that is not objectionable to God, but rather, a statement of reason to build a faith that will enable one to be obedience to what God, the giver of life says to us in the bible even at the expense of our life.

Well, 'faith' is not an aticle commone to all person.

When you come to actually have evidence that the bible is actually the word of God and you know its msg, then and only then can obedience to God even at the face of death be a posible option to you.

Acts 15:28,29.

Peace.
Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by dein77(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2014
It's not sinful to save a life via blood transfusion. I had lost two young acquaintances to preventable untimely deaths because they both allegedly resisted blood transfusion.
I'm not here to argue with anyone; I just want to drop my points.
Drinking blood and blood transfusion are two different things.
Blood transfusion isn't sin. Even if it were, in the case of an emergency, I would prefer to commit that sin and save a human life than allow a person to die while claiming to serve God.
I thank God because He isn't callous, but has high esteem for His created beings.
God doesn't set up His creatures to fail.
Why didn't He create every individual with their own peculiar blood group?
JWs should quit trying to fulfil all the laws. No man can actually fulfil the laws. Even if you meet the physical aspect of the law, there's still the spiritual aspect the carnal man can NEVER fulfil.

I avoid unnecessary discussions with JWS, because they are not Christians.
JWS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. They practise a different religion.
If they like let them receive or reject blood transfusion. It's their call.
Re: does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? by truthislight: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Selfishness all the way

When it comes to religion, a lot of people never have love for God and for his word, but rather, they are in it for their selfish longing, what they can get only.

Greed they say blinds the mind, hence, alot of people are duped by con artist due to their greedy heart condition and intentions.

Same also in religion, majority are in it not to please the almighty God but consider it a means to enrich and satisfy their longings got material things hence they are blind and are subsequently defrauded.

How else do one explain the reasons why people fall for fraudulent miracles ?

If they ever cared about God and his word, they would have seen what the bible says.

How do you explain people all the way from south Africa to Nigeria for a miracle ending up sustaining injuries in the name of miracle and none of them were even healed of their former ilnesses let alone the subsequent new injuries due to building collaps. All of this from a renowned miracle worker.

The "truth" is the only thing that would have help them to see.

Why were this individuals duped ? = abject lack of the Knowledge of God's word the truth and certainly not being in it for the love of God.

With the love of God, the selfishness and me me attitude being put forward here will not be but rather, it should have been a desire to do the will of God and to find out what the will of God is.

Jesus did say that his food is to do the will of God and to finish his work, where is such utterances here ? No! Rather, what you hear from them is mere prosperity prayers and selfish wishes, self sacrifice is an impossibility.

God can not be fooled:

2thess. 2:10-12
"They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in unrighteousness".

From that ^, it is obvious that most people dont have love for the truth and their intent are not for the love of God.

So then, between a people that have decided to do what is clearly verifiable in the bible and those that are rationalising why they wount do it, who is better in the sight of God ?

Well, let the honest hearted persons answer for themselves.

Peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Destiny From Sexual Destruction / How Did Muhammad's Father Die Four Years Before His Birth? / Is It A Sin For A Man To Have Sex With A Lady After Paying Only Her Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.