Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Throwback: Do You Remember This Television - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback: Do You Remember This Television (4063 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) / Who Can Remember This Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Superstar007(m): 1:12am On Sep 20, 2014
The one we had was National Tv.
I remember when the Tv malfunctioned, we had to beat the top to make it work. That was so annoying especially when watching Superstory or a football match and the only channel that was there was either NTA calabar or something of that nature with their water tap kinda wall paper always on display frequently.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by ifaoni(m): 2:21am On Sep 20, 2014
ha! Mo ti ran ti. Get your cheap dats with bonus. Check my signature.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by nifton(m): 6:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Evribodi don dey reminisce,even pple like me wey de watch for neighbour house back then.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by tellwisdom: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Only poor people use it. undecided
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by chimerase2: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2014
Dos days dey will lock the Tv grin
Dos days is only by 4PM NTA Aba will be showing grin
Dos days of the undertaker and his coach with cup grin
Dos days of wily wily choi grin
It was fun shaa but it was only our landlord dat had colo used lucazode nylon to cover the screen grin
Everitin go cum yellow grin
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OsoDupe(f): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2014
tochman: I remember when this television was hotcake because of something valuable inside. That's if u guys can remember. Especially that clock grin
thief came to our house because of this television then o, but they were unsuccesful sha. We relocate am sharpally grin na who go buy am we dey look for now o.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OsoDupe(f): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2014
tellwisdom: Only poor people use it. undecided
Even if they are poor, come and see how neighbours go full d person wey get this tv house whenever they want to watch a particular programme, so u can tell who is poorer, mtchewww.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by tochman(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2014
OsoDupe: thief came to our house because of this television then o, but they were unsuccesful sha. We relocate am sharpally grin na who go buy am we dey look for now o.

Lol. U guys were lucky. I don't think ppl are still interested in that stuff any more cos it has been compromised
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by cirmuell(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2014
Op so the latter generations are not sane abi? undecided
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by jnrbayano(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2014
We kept it away safe...my kids will see it as well.

A telly that has an alternate off-ing system. Just close the left side of the case door and it will go off.

I saw Italian 90 world on it

Beautiful childhood memories.

smiley
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Koats14(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2014
The door of the tv dey do me wayo back then! And ma pale dey always lock am back then!
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by rman: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2014
Big4wig: This tv is still d best compared to d fragile nonsense we av nowadays :p

HD, 3D, smart TV, flat screens to mention a few.

Common dude!
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Television Baba Abioye grin grin
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Obrizzy(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2014
I've never seen such device before ,does it use Tiger ba3?
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by WINDSOW(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Guyz,WHO REM'BA TIS. PROGRAM FOR NTA THEN
1)TELLY MATCH
2)FOOTBALL MADE. IN GERMANY
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Harmvirus(f): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2014
tochman: I remember when this television was hotcake because of something valuable inside. That's if u guys can remember. Especially that clock grin

Lol! Yea and coca cola bottle too..
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by tellwisdom: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
OsoDupe: Even if they are poor, come and see how neighbours go full d person wey get this tv house whenever they want to watch a particular programme, so u can tell who is poorer, mtchewww.

Come, something dey worry your head?? angry...why u dey hiss??
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by SMALLPENIS(f): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
This TV wey my papa been dey use chain lock if I get exams or if he wan comot. grin
I remember when the knobs got spoilt and we used pliers to turn them.
#GoodOldDays

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Ekiseme(m): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
nifton: Evribodi don dey reminisce,even pple like me wey de watch for neighbour house back then.
lol
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by tochman(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Harmvirus:

Lol! Yea and coca cola bottle too..

A lot of them. I even heard of nokia 3310, the one made in korea or so. But its all past tense now
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by nairalife2013(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
kiss[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by nairalife2013(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
cirmuell: Op so the latter generations are not sane abi? undecided
dat was jus a sarcastic allussion or indirect reference. U can only comprehend dat phrase wid d mind, not d head. No other words can fully capture d essence of dat time in comparison to d present times. Itz like saying "am f-ckd!" Dis word doesn't mean dat u are being literally screwd already. D beauty or ugliness of an era is in d mind of d experienced.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by nairalife2013(m): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
rman:

HD, 3D, smart TV, flat screens to mention a few.

Common dude!

true. The advancement has been tremendous. I wonder why one woud not see dat. God!
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OsoDupe(f): 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
tellwisdom:

no, check yours.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by hiteelong(f): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
nairalife2013: One thing I "hate" about my parents is dat they never throw anytin away! They stil hav dat thin,and d daan so called mecury clock now sits in my store!! Why? My dad was out of town when news filtered into his ear dat som chaps were going abt stealing or buying old big ben to extract mecury from it. I know why he didn't call any of my siblings who hav better spaces to store old dug-out stuffs but me! Now d clock sits in my house! A few days ago, my wife who frequents d store mistakenly shifted it to anoda position thereby triggering d tik tok machine. D whole neigbourhood was like queen elizabeth had die, and my wife enjoyed it. I had travelled. When I came bak, I stuffed rags and papers inside it to hold d pendulum, wrap it in a blanket and deposit it in my car trunk. Dis thin has a life! U mistakenly shake it it would wake itself up and u would hear its sound come down heavily like a monster tamborine uuwwaanngg!!! I had to stuff and wrap it as a shackle or fetters is put on a prisoner in jail. Itz still there but It wil som day be onward home. I know datz one of d ancient stuffs my father intends to bequeath to me. Itz obvious cos am d name sake of his own father- d name ofwhich our clan and extended family is known is also my name. And in our family, d last thing to throw away is our surname- from generation to generation. D surname stays d same. But am not d first son. It goes on like that. Old stuffs that my grand dad used, some are still wid my dad. And he was a blacksmith he loved iron and stones and fire and wood. My dad told me he often said wid these four, he could device anythin. We have different old things in d house. Like d first safari I wore as a baby, embroided wid beautiful colours and side pockets. It ran from neck to toe when I wore it as a new born.I put it once tentatively on my first child. As I went a scanty distance to take a vantaged view, I thot I felt some tears working up my eyes. I also hav d soap I used as a young bachelour as I started out on life, all alone in a little room far from home. D fragrance, due to long use then, is a strong reminder of those tough days in d north,d begining of d journey of a lifetime...tough days never ends but weak people do, I found out far bak. I stil hav d priceless bracelet my grand mom gav to me to wear to a traditional ceremony before she passd on. It was for women but she told me " beads dont select necks on dis kind of day." I know even as I pretend to despice old things and seemingly tend to abandon them, they still stir fond memories in me.
I have neva enjoy a comment like this on Nairaland.....very touching

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
tellwisdom:

MtcheeewwwWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Raypawer(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
lol... 5o' clock anthem
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by nairalife2013(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
hiteelong:
I have neva enjoy a comment like this on Nairaland.....very touching
well, thanks a lot. I hav so much to tell d world in my book "the journey of a life time". I will not hessitate to send a copy to u as soon as am done. Am encouraged. Thx again hiteelong dear.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by iamrealdeji(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
priscaoge:
That's my Grandpa's Plasmaundecidedgrin...The old man won't let any of us touch it unless he's around.undecided. Na only two channels the thing de show,d volume na diecheesycheesy,then it's not always clear so we have to keep turning n rotating the 'pole' to make it stable. When it's not clear,we say that..'Rain is still falling inside d TVgringrin
grin

Op Ur grandpa na watzup guygrin
grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by tck2000(m): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2020
priscaoge:
That's my Grandpa's Plasmaundecidedgrin...The old man won't let any of us touch it unless he's around.undecided. Na only two channels the thing de show,d volume na diecheesycheesy,then it's not always clear so we have to keep turning n rotating the 'pole' to make it stable. When it's not clear,we say that..'Rain is still falling inside d TVgringrin

Op Ur grandpa na watzup guygrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funniest Conversation I've Read On Nairaland. / ASUU Set To Call Off Strike Today. / Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.