Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Career Choice:please Help Out. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Choice:please Help Out. (632 Views)

Plz Help Me: Unilag-architecture Vs Oau Geology Career Choice! / What Kind Of Experience Did You Have Regarding Your Career Choice? / My Career Choice. Please I Need Ur Advice Seriously Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hi Nairalanders,please help a brother out
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by linnyx: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
What other courses are available in the faculty?
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by linnyx: 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
paolo96: Economics
2. Geography
3. Political Science
4. Psychology
5. Politics, Philosophy and Economics
6. Demography and Social Statistics
7. Sociology and Anthropology

Hmmm... The courses are not saleable but I'd advice u stick with something close to ur passion. So option 5 should do for now. Take it so u dont stay idle but meanwhile, keep trying to get economics since that's where your heart is.
ALL THE BEST!
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
linnyx:

Hmmm... The courses are not saleable but I'd advice u stick with something close to ur passion. So option 5 should do for now. Take it so u dont stay idle but meanwhile, keep trying to get economics since that's where your heart is.
ALL THE BEST!
Thanks,really appreciate your advice,am thinking of working out interrelation or what do you think.
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nairalanders please I need your advice.
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by khattab008: 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
I would advice you to go for either
Politics, Philosophy and Economics
or
Demography and Social Statistics.
As those are the courses that are most related to your desired major-Economics.
Although not a student of O.A.U, i implore you to "investigate" with regards to the course(amongst those listed) with the highest chance(es) of crossing over to economics upon completion of your first year.
Talk to students and staffs in the faculty to know more about the chances of changing to economics after your first year in any of the aforementioned courses.
You could also write Jarus i believe his an Alumni of economics department from O.A.U.
All the Best
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
khattab008: I would advice you to go for either
Politics, Philosophy and Economics
or
Demography and Social Statistics.
As those are the courses that are most related to your desired major-Economics.
Although not a student of O.A.U, i implore you to "investigate" with regards to the course(amongst those listed) with the highest chance(es) of crossing over to economics upon completion of your first year.
Talk to students and staffs in the faculty to know more about the chances of changing to economics after your first year in any of the aforementioned courses.
You could also write Jarus i believe his an Alumni of economics department from O.A.U.
All the Best
Thanks,please how can I get him.
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by khattab008: 8:18am On Sep 20, 2014
paolo96: Thanks,please how can I get him.
You could send him a PM, here http://www.nairaland.com.
Alternatively contact him through his blog http://www.jarushub.com.
Re: Career Choice:please Help Out. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
paolo96: Thanks,please how can I get him.

See my advice here: http://www.jarushub.com/next-best-dilemma-of-an-an-economics-aspirant/

All the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ospoly Admission List 2014/2015 Out On JAMB Porta / Unilag Supplementary List 2014/2015 For Jambites Finally Out! / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.