Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money (2978 Views)

Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng / Need Reviews Of Smartweb Hosting / Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by LoadedHost(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2014
I think i would have to agree with Vinshu regarding that online payment aspect.. I am not taking sides or whatever. Every company has their mode of operation. For example, in our company, there are certain items(Hosting, VPS, Domains.. whatever) that requires justification and extended identification before we can provision them. For example, someone orders a VPS and then asks for a /28 range of IPs. Its suspicious as to what he intends to use a /28 Range (16 IPs) for on a VPS, as such, even when he makes an order for the range, he would be asked to present Identification Documents as he is making the order and state reason for the /28 and even after he does it, payment wont be made but the order would be held for review. If its okay, it would be unlocked and the client can continue to pay the invoice and get his /28 Ips.

So online payment is not an excuse. Once you have received your money, you must render the service. If you cannot render it, do not collect money. If you collect money by mistake, return the money in the fashion at which the customer paid. The customer paid in 10 minutes using his PayPal account, return his money in 10 minutes by reversing the PayPal. If he paid with Credit Card, do the same and reverse the money. Holding it for 4-6 weeks is unprofessional.

Now, regarding the WHOIS that someone mentioned.. Can you take a look at this => https://www.loadedhost.com/policies/whois
We have a Name Database and Phone Number Database. It sounds weird. But we can actually determine if your Name is Fake! How does Google+ Determine Fake names? We use Language and Regional technologies to tell if a Name is fake or does not sound to be from any ethic or region. So nobody can use Fake Names on the WHOIS of domains registered with us. Same with phone number, we can check if a Number exist as you are saving the Number on the WHOIS record. If it does not exist, the domain would be suspended and you must verify the number by receiving a phone call.

My point is, every company should have a system at which they use to fight fraud and scam. Not just about Downloading and Installing WHMCS and think that is the end. Do not collect money from customers prior to your fraud checks, it means you yourself, must be investigated.

Regarding the Domain aspect, someone gave an example of firstbankng.com and hostgatorng.net || have you seen http://paypalsucks.com ?? have you seen http://paypalalternative.net ?? C'mon ! Is PayPal not in the name? Like any document was submitted? If you cannot provide a domain name in the name of suspicious, do not collect the money and if you do, return the money first and ask questions and demand documents later. Its as simple as that and as Vinshu said, there should be a blacklist, at which names of famous companies cannot be included in your domain. Most web hosting providers are not developers, they are just individuals who pay people to develop for them that is when things like this occur.

1 Like

Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2014
LoadedHost: I think i would have to agree with Vinshu regarding that online payment aspect.. I am not taking sides or whatever. Every company has their mode of operation. For example, in our company, there are certain items(Hosting, VPS, Domains.. whatever) that requires justification and extended identification before we can provision them. For example, someone orders a VPS and then asks for a /28 range of IPs. Its suspicious as to what he intends to use a /28 Range (16 IPs) for on a VPS, as such, even when he makes an order for the range, he would be asked to present Identification Documents as he is making the order and state reason for the /28 and even after he does it, payment wont be made but the order would be held for review. If its okay, it would be unlocked and the client can continue to pay the invoice and get his /28 Ips.

So online payment is not an excuse. Once you have received your money, you must render the service. If you cannot render it, do not collect money. If you collect money by mistake, return the money in the fashion at which the customer paid. The customer paid in 10 minutes using his PayPal account, return his money in 10 minutes by reversing the PayPal. If he paid with Credit Card, do the same and reverse the money. Holding it for 4-6 weeks is unprofessional.

Now, regarding the WHOIS that someone mentioned.. Can you take a look at this => https://www.loadedhost.com/policies/whois
We have a Name Database and Phone Number Database. It sounds weird. But we can actually determine if your Name is Fake! How does Google+ Determine Fake names? We use Language and Regional technologies to tell if a Name is fake or does not sound to be from any ethic or region. So nobody can use Fake Names on the WHOIS of domains registered with us. Same with phone number, we can check if a Number exist as you are saving the Number on the WHOIS record. If it does not exist, the domain would be suspended and you must verify the number by receiving a phone call.

My point is, every company should have a system at which they use to fight fraud and scam. Not just about Downloading and Installing WHMCS and think that is the end. Do not collect money from customers prior to your fraud checks, it means you yourself, must be investigated.

Regarding the Domain aspect, someone gave an example of firstbankng.com and hostgatorng.net || have you seen http://paypalsucks.com ?? have you seen http://paypalalternative.net ?? C'mon ! Is PayPal not in the name? Like any document was submitted? If you cannot provide a domain name in the name of suspicious, do not collect the money and if you do, return the money first and ask questions and demand documents later. Its as simple as that and as Vinshu said, there should be a blacklist, at which names of famous companies cannot be included in your domain. Most web hosting providers are not developers, they are just individuals who pay people to develop for them that is when things like this occur.

Now that is a web host speaking.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2014
^ sounds fair, i will just take it that the way companies operate differs and if what you mentioned above is something to go by, then it would be very good.

#deviating

what do you say about paypal's fund policy on their own ebay or even paypal's own 'issue refund'? it takes weeks or months sometimes, why dont they revert back the money immediately like it was paid?

Do you also know they will even charge you for refund? wink

so it all about how each company choose to operate.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
adewasco2k: ^ sounds fair, i will just take it that the way companies operate differs and if what you mentioned above is something to go by, then it would be very good.

#deviating

what do you say about paypal's fund policy on their own ebay or even paypal's own 'issue refund'? it takes weeks or months sometimes, why dont they revert back the money immediately like it was paid?

Do you also know they will even charge you for refund? wink

so it all about how each company choose to operate.

They have changed. Refund is instant to the way you paid... if you paid with paypal balance they will refund your account balance the full money you paid and if you used your linked card they will reverse it. It would now depend on your bank to receive it and credit u
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Vinshu:

They have changed. Refund is instant to the way you paid... if you paid with paypal balance they will refund your account balance the full money you paid and if you used your linked card they will reverse it. It would now depend on your bank to receive it and credit u

this is like not related to the purpose of this topic but i disagree because i am talking of a recent transaction here (21st sept. 2014).

1. i tried paying something on a site and the item was unable to be delivered, a refund was made yesterday and i actually got a mail that a refund has been made to my account but will take maybe a week before i will get it into my "paypal" balance, note i paid using my payoal balance not the linked card or account.

2. it was actually a friend who sent me the paypal balance via his own paypal account, i then tried to do 'issue refund' (to refund back the remaining balance back to him). paypal charged me for that, he also got a mail that a refund was made but will take time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net / Choosing a Domain Name? Factors to Consider / International Payment Processor - Information Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.