Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money (2969 Views)

Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng / Need Reviews Of Smartweb Hosting / Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Cactus(m): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Things used to be better with smartweb now their hosting service is no longer inviting to users. I wanted to buy hosting and domain, for several hours now that I placed the order, I am being asked to provide certificate of registration for the company? I even uploaded the content of the site to a different server for them to take a look after I was asked why do I want to register the domain.

This is their response:
--------------

Hello sir,
I am sorry that we need a verification before registering such sites.
A certificate of registration can serve.
I will be glad to assist if you have any issue.

Smartweb.com.ng
-----------------------------
Was I supposed to ask the company for their certificate of incorporation as a freelancer?

The site in question is for a shipping company.

I have requested a refund but no response yet.

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund from smartweb?

Why do we like ruining our business?

1 Like

Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 3:51am On Sep 20, 2014
^ its sad but they are doing the right thing.

if tomorrow people start using the site and all of a sudden the owner of the site runs away with peoples money, who will people run to? surely the hosting company, then they will be charged.

Its just the right thing bro, some hosting companies does that, if you are registering a name that is suspicious or expected to be company site.

Just ask the client to send it to your or better still just go register it with another host which will not ask for such.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Cactus(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Why didnt they mention the requirement before customers pay? Then i wont even stress.

Now to process and refund my money. They are saying 3 to 4 weeks.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Its sad indeed but here are the facts:

- They are in no position to ask for the Business Registration of a website you intend to host!!!

- They have no right to question you about the reason for the domain registration. Its a Rhetorical question. No domain name is suspicious. All domains are just domains. Anyone can register anything. I believe there is a WHOIS record on the domain to trace the owner not the host. So that is unprofessional.

==============================================
You, on the other hand should instead, get a Reseller account for yourself(Hosting + Domain) since you are a freelancer and you might be hosting multiple sites for your clients, you cannot be buying web hosting individually. Get a Reseller account and Domain Reseller account for yourself, so you can host as many sites without anybody asking rhetorical questions or you move to another company.

Simple as that!
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by sugaonline: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
adewasco2k: ^ its sad but they are doing the right thing.

if tomorrow people start using the site and all of a sudden the owner of the site runs away with peoples money, who will people run to? surely the hosting company, then they will be charged.

Its just the right thing bro, some hosting companies does that, if you are registering a name that is suspicious or expected to be company site.

Just ask the client to send it to your or better still just go register it with another host which will not ask for such.
I agree with this. The need some of your doc. To get you a hosting e.g passport etc.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by hostoople: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hello, I am sorry to hear about this,
Not good that web hosts treat people like this.
I use to use scalahosting, they had some server issues but then changed to
[url]hostoople.com[/url]

so far keeping my fingers crossed
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Vinshu: Its sad indeed but here are the facts:

- They are in no position to ask for the Business Registration of a website you intend to host!!!

- They have no right to question you about the reason for the domain registration. Its a Rhetorical question. No domain name is suspicious. All domains are just domains. Anyone can register anything. I believe there is a WHOIS record on the domain to trace the owner not the host. So that is unprofessional.

You, on the other hand should instead, get a Reseller account for yourself(Hosting + Domain) since you are a freelancer and you might be hosting multiple sites for your clients, you cannot be buying web hosting individually. Get a Reseller account and Domain Reseller account for yourself, so you can host as many sites without anybody asking rhetorical questions or you move to another company.

Simple as that!

I totally disagree with you.

There are suspicious domain names, find out about this, there was a case of the CEO of one Nigerian hosting company that was arrested because they hosted a fake site, either WAEC or or one this military or paramilitary recruiting site.

Do you think you can register a .gov.ng TLD without presenting documents stating that you are registering the domain for a government office?

Wouldn't you blame a hosting company that will host a domain like firstbankng.com or unionbankng.com ? at least i will blame them.

c'mon talking about WHOIS record, dont people buy Domain privacy or even register with fake info?

Lets face it, i know how the OP is feeling, but the truth is, thats the best, some hosting companies now will ask for a valid identification document before registering some certain domain for you, i have had to provide such.

My advice to OP, since they promise a refund, just go ahead and register the domain somewhere else whilst persuade them for your refund.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
hostoople: Hello, I am sorry to hear about this,
Not good that web hosts treat people like this.
I use to use scalahosting, they had some server issues but then changed to
[url]hostoople.com[/url]

so far keeping my fingers crossed

You changed to hostoople.com and your username is hostoople

okay grin
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
adewasco2k:

I totally disagree with you.

There are suspicious domain names, find out about this, there was a case of the CEO of one Nigerian hosting company that was arrested because they hosted a fake site, either WAEC or or one this military or paramilitary recruiting site.

Do you think you can register a .gov.ng TLD without presenting documents stating that you are registering the domain for a government office?

Wouldn't you blame a hosting company that will host a domain like firstbankng.com or unionbankng.com ? at least i will blame them.

c'mon talking about WHOIS record, dont people buy Domain privacy or even register with fake info?

Lets face it, i know how the OP is feeling, but the truth is, thats the best, some hosting companies now will ask for a valid identification document before registering some certain domain for you, i have had to provide such.

My advice to OP, since they promise a refund, just go ahead and register the domain somewhere else whilst persuade them for your refund.
There are millions of web hosts to host his website and get his domain registered without asking him a foo*lish question or document.

Mr OP, move to another company dear.. There are millions out there. Try Hostgator.com just $0.01 for the first month. Get your domain registered and feel free.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 2:05am On Sep 21, 2014
Vinshu:
There are millions of web hosts to host his website and get his domain registered without asking him a foo*lish question or document.

Mr OP, move to another company dear.. There are millions out there. Try Hostgator.com just $0.01 for the first month. Get your domain registered and feel free.

That's just what I suggested but I need you to know why he is being asked for the doc
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 2:14am On Sep 21, 2014
adewasco2k:

That's just what I suggested but I need you to know why he is being asked for the doc

He does not need to be asked in the first place. Nigerians like taking things too much. Business document for domain name is a silly requirement. Even a 10year old can get a domain reseller where he can register as many domains as possible without being questioned. So what is smart web problem?
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by DualCore1: 3:32am On Sep 21, 2014
No domain is guilty until proven. Nobody can arrest a web hosting service provider over hosting a domain, except the provider does not know its rights as a service provider and has not put terms of service in place for protection.

Even if a host registers and hosts firstbankng.com, the first action will be a take down notice being sent by the legal representatives of FBN PLC. At this point the domain has been found guilty with grounds for suspension and termination and the case is closed afterwards. The case is escalated only when the host service provider ignores the take down notice, at this point even the service provider is a suspect.

I don't see anything terribly wrong in what the host in this case has done. If anything they are protecting their network and their existing customers. Won't it be better they do this than get on with processing the order only to suspend your site in the near future with no grounds for a refund?

What they have done is not enough reason to come up with this thread's title. In this time and age a refund can be made almost instantly so what you should be taking up with them is the fact that they are taking the 1996 approach to refund you. Your thread topic makes it look like they pulled a scam on you.

I don't know why nobody has bothered to ask the OP why he is unable to produce satisfactory documents for the service provider who has asked for them.

Vinshu, your comment is misleading. A host can be in a position to ask for any documents and yes they have the right to ask questions if their terms of service empowers them with such a right. Smartweb reserves the right to refuse any service and if a refund is approved, will process one within 4-6 weeks, according to their terms. So they have done NOTHING wrong to this OP. A landlord can ask to know what his tenant wants to use his property for. If you don't want to be asked questions, go and build your own house.

OP, I suggest you move on to another service provider and close this case. The terms of service on their website which you agreed to gives them the right to do all they have done to you now, and that is
1. Reject your order even after payment for any reason
2. Process your refund within 4-6 weeks.

So the fact that you have placed and paid for an order does not automatically entitle you to their service. Stop the sentiments.
The next webhost you go for, let them know the domain name and the kind of site you want to host on it prior to your making payment for it and only go ahead to make a payment for it if you are 100% in the clear to do so without their asking for documents that you are not in a position to provide.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 5:08am On Sep 21, 2014
DualCore1: A host can be in a position to ask for any documents and yes they have the right to ask questions if their terms of service empowers them with such a right.
WRONG!!!! In Nigeria though.. maybe yeah.. But here in my country(Lithuania).. Its in no position.

Smartweb reserves the right to refuse any service and if a refund is approved, will process one within 4-6 weeks, according to their terms.
Because they have seen customers to refuse service and ask Stup!id questions... If all customers turn away and build their own house, let me see who they will ask..

1. Reject your order even after payment for any reason
In our country, this is fraud and illegal! Once money has been paid, service MUST be rendered. if you know you cannot render the service.. DO NOT COLLECT THE MONEY AT THE FIRST INSTANCE!. Collecting the money and then rejecting the order for *any reason* is nothing but fraud and dubious act. Terms of service written on website is not a rigid constitution but a flexible one which the web host can change after you file a report just to suite them. So we dont recognize TOS here in Lithuania.

Nigerians need to wake up and move forward not wasting time with companies like smart web.

So the fact that you have placed and paid for an order does not automatically entitle you to their service.
Mr man.. it does!!!!!!! Or are you a staff of Smart web? if you are, say it. we know you are paid.. He has paid, he must be served.. And he has the right to reject a refund.. i.e Forcing the service.. Damn. what kind of laws do you guys have?? undecided
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Joel3(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2014
adewasco2k:

You changed to hostoople.com and your username is hostoople

okay grin
i am not surprise why we have so many fake review on the internet. One need to be careful of what one read only most especially nairaland webmaster.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by micodon(m): 7:15am On Sep 21, 2014
Vinshu: Its sad indeed but here are the facts:

Simple as that!

You know I love you, right?
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by DualCore1: 7:44am On Sep 21, 2014
Vinshu,maybe I was being too polite with you. Let me be brief and to the point. You know little about the legal and business ends of the global webhosting industry considering the quality of your comments. Be sure to present your opinions as they really are, opinions. This way we would be one forum member short of a misconception.

As to whether I work for SmartwebNG, again it shows how little you know about the industry and my worry is the naive ones that you have poisoned with these your ideas.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2014
Too polite? Go ahead and be rude.

You dont know your right.. that is your business. If its so cool, why is the op complaining?
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by dwebwalker(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Finally am free from Smartweb.ng i have moved to www.eclubhost.com where i can monitor my website.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by micodon(m): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
DualCore, I understand where you're coming from. But the fact is that when you receive payment, you have to deliver. If you have rules, they're to be effected PRIOR TO PAYMENT.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by ibtihaj(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi,
My name is Murtala working for smartweb, i just saw this post and reply on behalf of the company.
First i will like to say yes we do ask client to provide documents for only suspicious domains eg courier services, shipping companies, bank website or micro finance etc.
Others companies even in USA does that as well and i know there are lots of web hosting companies out there don’t ask such but at the end of the day you might find your website being suspended or terminated without refund so we choose not to do that but try to verify from our customers and make sure they are using it for legal activities.
As for the op he provided the document and we are satisfy with them and his website is now active and i can see he uploaded his files http://kingscashipping.com/ and he start enjoying our good service.
So i will like to say thank you for sharing ideas about this issues and hope it will benefit others as well.
Cheers.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by dignityonly: 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
ibtihaj: Hi,
My name is Murtala working for smartweb, i just saw this post and reply on behalf of the company.
First i will like to say yes we do ask client to provide documents for only suspicious domains eg courier services, shipping companies, bank website or micro finance etc.
Others companies even in USA does that as well and i know there are lots of web hosting companies out there don’t ask such but at the end of the day you might find your website being suspended or terminated without refund so we choose not to do that but try to verify from our customers and make sure they are using it for legal activities.
As for the op he provided the document and we are satisfy with them and his website is now active and i can see he uploaded his files http://kingscashipping.com/ and he start enjoying our good service.
So i will like to say thank you for sharing ideas about this issues and hope it will benefit others as well.
Cheers.

My advice, don't reply customer on public forum. contact the customer to resolve the issue and make him delete this post.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 4:49am On Sep 22, 2014
micodon: DualCore, I understand where you're coming from. But the fact is that when you receive payment, you have to deliver. If you have rules, they're to be effected PRIOR TO PAYMENT.

But since you have provided the documents and you have your domain now, isnt it proper you rename the thread?

you made it look worse than it is, dont tarnish another man's business unnecessary because i see nothing bad in what they did, if it was a US company that did same you will not even open a thread, rather you will comply.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by micodon(m): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2014
adewasco2k:

But since you have provided the documents and you have your domain now, isnt it proper you rename the thread?

you made it look worse than it is, dont tarnish another man's business unnecessary because i see nothing bad in what they did, if it was a US company that did same you will not even open a thread, rather you will comply.

Stop blabbing. I'm not the owner of this thread. By the way, I'm never gonna host with smartweb again. I have a client's site hosted there, and its on today off tomorrow. It helps when you warn your brothers so dat they may not face the same ordeal that you faced. Its not about tarnishing the image of a man's business.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 6:52am On Sep 22, 2014
micodon:

Stop blabbing. I'm not the owner of this thread. By the way, I'm never gonna host with smartweb again. I have a client's site hosted there, and its on today off tomorrow. It helps when you warn your brothers so dat they may not face the same ordeal that you faced. Its not about tarnishing the image of a man's business.

You must be insane to say i am blabbing
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by micodon(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2014
adewasco2k:

You must be insane to say i am blabbing

You're blabbing.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by nigerianescorts: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2014
i can host ur shipping site for u,call 07067866986
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by georgen2u(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2014
Cactus: Things used to be better with smartweb now their hosting service is no longer inviting to users. I wanted to buy hosting and domain, for several hours now that I placed the order, I am being asked to provide certificate of registration for the company? I even uploaded the content of the site to a different server for them to take a look after I was asked why do I want to register the domain.

[b]smartwebng [/b]guys are crooks before i rated great from my two years experience here
http://www.onlynaija.com/post-Smartweb-NG-Web-Hosting-Review--360?pid=1503#pid1503
after a while they changed
one of my last encounter with them was that i registered a domain name toclassnaija.com for blogging and other news in Nigeria, things were going great just one they they suspended my domain ( i was not hosting my data with them) here was a live conversation i had with them

This is their response:
--------------

Hello sir,
I am sorry that we need a verification before registering such sites.
A certificate of registration can serve.
I will be glad to assist if you have any issue.

Smartweb.com.ng
-----------------------------
Was I supposed to ask the company for their certificate of incorporation as a freelancer?

The site in question is for a shipping company.

I have requested a refund but no response yet.

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund from smartweb?

Why do we like ruining our business?

Hello,
thanks for your mail,am happy to help you.
am sorry the domain can not be unsuspend for you to transfer the out.
due to the site been used for phishing.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to let me
know.

For Sales/Support Call:
070090009000, 073290952, 073291085, 07098200341, 08051897087, 08160991111, 08035905422
Best Regards
Amina Usman
Senior Supervisor
Sales/Support Operator
www.smartweb.com.ng
Call Us On
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
We pride ourselves in delivering excellent Customer Service and would like to ensure that you are satisfied with how we deal with your issues. If you are not satisfied Please send email to the Director at complain@smartweb.com.ng
Make sure to put the Ticket ID for reference (Please note: Your Complain will directly affect this agent's pay)
How would you rate this reply?
27/08/2014 11:52
Joshua Nwankwo || Client
Please Release it i want to Transfer it or are u saying my Domain is Gone? Please i need to transfer it to another Registra
10/06/2014 08:44

Amina U || Staff
Hello,
thanks for your mail,am sorry for the delay.
the reason why your account was suspended it involved in phishing the Internal Revenue
Service,so that security admin suspended it.

know.
For Sales/Support Call:
070090009000, 073290952, 073291085, 07098200341, 08051897087, 08160991111, 08035905422
Best Regards
Amina Usman
Senior Supervisor
Sales/Support Operator
www.smartweb.com.ng
Call Us On
We are Pride with our Customer Service and we will like to make sure that you are Satisfied with Our staff Assistance today.
If you are not satisfied Please send email to the Director at complain@smartweb.com.ng
Make sure to put the Ticket ID for reference (Please note: Your Complain will directly affect this agent's pay)
How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent
09/06/2014 15:17
Amina U || Staff
Hello,
am very sorry for the delay, i have contact the security admin.
they are working it, i will get back to you once it has been done.
thanks.

For Sales/Support Call:
Best Regards
Amina Usman
Senior Supervisor
Sales/Support Operator
www.smartweb.com.ng
Call Us On
We are Pride with our Customer Service and we will like to make sure that you are Satisfied with Our staff Assistance today.
If you are not satisfied Please send email to the Director at complain@smartweb.com.ng
09/06/2014 15:03
Joshua Nwankwo || Client
the domain name is topclassnaija.com

please attend to it ASAP
06/06/2014 20:19
Joshua Nwankwo || Client
www.topclassnaija.com
06/06/2014 19:45
Umar M || Staff
Hello,
Thank you for the mail and that you are here. We appreciate your been with us.
Can you please give me the domain you are referring to?
We are always here, feel free to report any error or ask question.

For Sales/Support Call:
Best Regards
Umar M
Level 1 Support Administrator.
Smartweb.com.ng

http://www.smartweb.com.ng/announcements/7/Recent-Attack-On-CMS-Scripts.html
We are Pride with our Customer Service and we will like to make sure that you are Satisfied with Our staff Assistance today. If you are not satisfied Please send email to the Director at complain@smartweb.com.ng make sure to put the Ticket ID for reference (Please note: Your Complain will directly affect this agent's pay)
06/06/2014 17:23
Joshua Nwankwo || Client
Sirs, its been a huge pain to observe that my domain has been suspended for more than six months i was shocked that all my effeorts to release prove abortive. it never violate any of your TOs and besides i was not hosting its contents with you
my whois data is accurate and updated. i dont know your reasons but do remember i paid for it

After all I pleaded for un-suspension they refused here is another request for transfer

Joshua Nwankwo || Client
Where is your proof that the website is associated with phishing? see that one big bigot has paid to frustrate my business by selling my domain to him all you are waiting for is for it to expire right? God will Judge all of you. I have many clients in different accounts with you but as am seeing this i will move all my clients ASAP
You wont Go far with this
Good Day
27/08/2014 12:54
Amina U || Staff
Hello,
thanks for your mail,am happy to help you.
am sorry the domain can not be unsuspend for you to transfer the out.
due to the site been used for phishing.
know.

For Sales/Support Call:
Best Regards
Amina Usman
Senior Supervisor
Sales/Support Operator
www.smartweb.com.ng
Call Us On
We pride ourselves in delivering excellent Customer Service and would like to ensure that you are satisfied with how we deal with your issues. If you are not satisfied Please send email to the Director at complain@smartweb.com.ng
27/08/2014 10:20
Joshua Nwankwo || Client
Domain Name: TOPCLASSNAIJA.COM
Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: NS1.SUSPENDED-DOMAIN.COM
Name Server: NS2.SUSPENDED-DOMAIN.COM
Updated Date: 08-jan-2014
Creation Date: 05-dec-2013
Expiration Date: 05-dec-2014

What is going on?
26/08/2014 15:40
Yoonus Adinoyi || Staff
Hello Joshua,

Thanks for your mail and patronage, we appreciate you and cherish your stay with us thus far; Please, the subject domain you request for its unlock is already expired and can not be transferred until it is renewed for 3 Months old. Kindly follow http://www.whois.com/whois/topclassnaija.com to see the expiration status.

Service Excellence is the Benchmark for every Successful Business!

For Sales/Support Call:

Best Regards
Adinoyi
Sales/Support Operator
www.smartweb.com.ng
26/08/2014 14:14
Joshua Nwankwo || Client
Dear sir i want to transfer my domain topclassnaija.com to another registrar my client demanded so please i can not seems to disable registra lock evens since you guys did some weird stuff on my the domain so i resulted to relocated it

(follow this history to learn more)
http://www.smartweb.com.ng/viewticket.php?tid=126091&c=8rTXdx5h
http://www.smartweb.com.ng/viewticket.php?tid=442279&c=rVEu6k6a

So i need to do it i have tried to wait Thank you

----------------------------

#########################################
I AM NOT TRYING TO DISCREDIT THEIR SERVICES I BELIEVE A CLIENT /COSTUMER SHOULD RECEIVE QUALITY SERVICES FOR WHAT HE/SHE PAID FOR IN ANY EVEN SUCH WAS A SCAM OR NOT UP TO STANDARD YOU NEED TO WARN OTHERS NOT TO FAIL INTO SUCH PRAY
########################################
RIGHT NOW AM SETTING UP MY VPS SERVERS AND DOMAIN REGISTRAR INFO TO MOVE ALL MY PIN FROM THEM
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by DualCore1: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2014
From the above conversation I will rate their customer service as poor. Their responses are impersonal, stereotypical and unprofessional, to put it mildly.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by CreativeWeb(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2014
The reason why a hosting company can collect money, and then says they may not be able to host your site is becos the payment is done by an automated system and it's collected online via credit cards, not physical giving of money into anyone's hand. So they collect money electronically, but manually review every domain name.

Talking about registering and hosting the domain elsewhere like Hostgator. I want to ask, will any of these companies allow you to register:
www.hostgatorng.net
www.godaddyng.biz
www.sitegroundng.com

They will not. And if they will not, why will a Nigeria-based hosting company register www.firstbankng.com without making sure it's really from First Bank of Nigeria Plc?
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2014
CreativeWeb: The reason why a hosting company can collect money, and then says they may not be able to host your site is becos the payment is done by an automated system and it's collected online via credit cards, not physical giving of money into anyone's hand. So they collect money electronically, but manually review every domain name.

Talking about registering and hosting the domain elsewhere like Hostgator. I want to ask, will any of these companies allow you to register:
www.hostgatorng.net
www.godaddyng.biz
www.sitegroundng.com

They will not. And if they will not, why will a Nigeria-based hosting company register www.firstbankng.com without making sure it's really from First Bank of Nigeria Plc?

Now someone is making sense. (y)
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by Vinshu(f): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2014
CreativeWeb: The reason why a hosting company can collect money, and then says they may not be able to host your site is becos the payment is done by an automated system and it's collected online via credit cards, not physical giving of money into anyone's hand. So they collect money electronically, but manually review every domain name.

www.hostgatorng.net
www.godaddyng.biz
www.sitegroundng.com

Are you kidding me? That is utter nonsense... Even before payment is made, an automated system would review the domain, there should be domains in a blacklist database at which users must provide certain documents before they can be registered, so the system checks the database first and if finds a match, it would stop the order and stop payment and ask for verification(either automated or manual verification) and if the verification fails, the order would be cancelled.. No money spent! So that is utter nonsense you are saying.

Just like registering a .US domain, you must be from USA with a valid SSN and Country ID. Before you register .US on any VALID registrar, you would be asked for the SSN and CID before they even display any form of payment. The SSN and CID would be verified instantly and if it is approved, order continues to payment... That is how it should be done.. Make checks first.. That is no excuse of yours.

Besides i can register hostgatorng.com anywhere.. if you wish, let me register it now and come back to redirect it to nairaland for proof.
Re: Do not register with Smartweb Hosting, they won't to refund my money by adewasco2k(m): 11:24am On Sep 22, 2014
Vinshu:

Are you kidding me? That is utter nonsense... Even before payment is made, an automated system would review the domain, there should be domains in a blacklist database at which users must provide certain documents before they can be registered, so the system checks the database first and if finds a match, it would stop the order and stop payment and ask for verification(either automated or manual verification) and if the verification fails, the order would be cancelled.. No money spent! So that is utter nonsense you are saying.

Just like registering a .US domain, you must be from USA with a valid SSN and Country ID. Before you register .US on any VALID registrar, you would be asked for the SSN and CID before they even display any form of payment. The SSN and CID would be verified instantly and if it is approved, order continues to payment... That is how it should be done.. Make checks first.. That is no excuse of yours.

Besides i can register hostgatorng.com anywhere.. if you wish, let me register it now and come back to redirect it to nairaland for proof.

I am not sure that is how it works, i can vividly say that is not how siteground works, because i had a similar experience, i registered a domain, i was charged and i got the domain, just to get another mail from them that i have to provide documents before i can use the domain, with claims that the domain name is suspicious, i provided documents and i got access to it.

Can you just imagine if i had not given documents? then they might even not refund or something.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Responsive Design Or Mobile Site- How To Choose The One That Suits You / Get A .com Domain Name For Just N1000 / 80k followers Instagram accounts for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.