Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) (35617 Views)

Fayose, Ekiti Lawmakers Hold Thanksgiving Service At Deeper Life: Photos / Jonathan Arrives Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church Building / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by TUMIC(m): 4:52am On Sep 20, 2014
One person has died under the rubble of a building that collapsed in Benin, Edo State capital, on Friday, 19 September, 2014.

According to the Nation report, the collapsed one-storey building located at 22, First Uzama Street, Off Oliha Quartres in Benin belongs to Christ Chosen Church of God. The incident occurred at about 12.45pm on Friday.

According to the Edo State Commissioner of Police, Foluso Adebanjo, one person has been confirmed dead while five others were rescued alive with injuries. He said there were however speculations that two more people were still be trapped in the rubbles.
It was gathered that the building, before it collapsed, served as offices to pastors in the church. However, the church management hired youths to demolish it because they wanted more space in the compound.

According to one of the workmen who survived, four out of nine people were inside the building when it collapsed.

“Some of us went out to eat because we were hungry. As we were eating, we saw many people rush to where we were coming from. We thought it was a fire outbreak. But when we got there, we discovered that the building has collapsed.
“We were nine in number but four of my colleagues were in the building before it collapsed. Two were brought out alive with injuries. One died and was brought out and two others are still under the building, dead,” the worker said.

Reportedly, officials of the church ran away after the building came down.

The residents blamed the church management for using young people to destroy the church instead of hiring a bulldozer.
The collapse of the building almost resulted in chaos as some angry youth vandalized and set ablaze a bus owned by the church in protest of the incident.

It would be recalled that a building at the Synagogue Church Of All Nations, SCOAN, in Ikotun area of Lagos also collapsed on Friday, 12 September, 2014.

According to the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, at least 80 people died from the collapsed building believed to be a guest house of the Synagogue Church.

3 Shares

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by TUMIC(m): 4:57am On Sep 20, 2014
The residents blamed the church management for using young people to destroy the church instead of hiring a bulldozer.
The collapse of the building almost resulted in chaos as some angry youth vandalized and set ablaze a bus owned by the church in protest of the incident.

It is time we start praying for this thing to stop.
Lets do the right thing, use the right building materials and use common sense to know when to be physical and spiritual.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 20, 2014
The man they are carrying like a nama, which medical expert pronounced him dead? That someone is motionless withot breathing does not make him/her dead.

Take a look at the way the guy in blue is holding him by the shirt. That might snap an injured organ or spine, thereby causing death.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by echobee(f): 5:49am On Sep 20, 2014
GOD save our country

4 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 20, 2014
DESPITE watching CNN and BBC,, people still carry a POLY TRAUMATIZED patient like a BAG of BEANS...
MEANWHILE DAT CAR DEY BURNT COULD HAVE BEEN USED TO RUSH DAT GUY TO A NEARBY HOSPITAL....
(effort in futility). ..DIS is Y we are BLACKS...!!!!
Dat guy may just be UNCONSCIOUS....for now.
and needs adequate AIRWAY SECURITY..,BUT with the way dat guy pulled him like HE is demanding DEBT from him wouldnt HELP at all....RATHER IT will complete any SPINAL CORD INJURY or further BLOCK d airway...
PLEASE LETs make GOOD USE OF D HEALTH WING of this FORUM for ur benefit and others as well.
SIMPLE FIRST AID..
1) check d place for safety.(dont just rush into scenes)
2) Then clear OR move the person (lying flat )to a secured place...
3) AVOID CROWED AREA..because dats what kills people faster..(CHOKIING)
4)Meanwhile call for HELP...and still secure d area.
5)IF not breathing ..CHECK d NOSE, for any possible blockade..
6)while help is on the way...LIE d affected person FLAT and IMMOBILIZE him or her.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Amanwulu1(m): 5:58am On Sep 20, 2014
is church colapse a new trend? Nigeria, once anytin starts ...

10 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by segend(m): 6:11am On Sep 20, 2014
kayciano: DESPITE watching CNN and BBC,, people still carry a POLY TRAUMATIZED patient like a BAG of BEANS...
Dat guy may just be UNCONSCIOUS....for now.
and needs adequate AIRWAY SECURITY..,BUT with the way dat guy pulled him like HE is demanding DEBT from him wouldnt HELP at all....RATHER IT will complete any SPINAL CORD INJURY or further BLOCK d airway...
PLEASE LETs make GOOD USE OF D HEALTH WING of this FORUM for ur benefit and others as well.
SIMPLE FIRST AID..
1) check d place for safety.(dont just rush into scenes)
2) Then clear OR move the person (lying flat )to a secured place...
3) AVOID CROWED AREA..because dats what kills people faster..
4)Meanwhile call for HELP...and still secure d area.
5)IF not breathing ..CHECK d NOSE, for any possible blockade..
6)while help is on the way...LIE d affected person FLAT and IMMOBILIZE him or her.

There needs to be a public awareness and training on how to respond to emergencies.. saw a similar picture after the emab plaza bomb blast in abuja

7 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:15am On Sep 20, 2014
End of time

2 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by lomaxx: 6:19am On Sep 20, 2014
They might end up giving that guy an injured cervical spine. As far as I'm concerned Nigeria is in the Stone Age as regards medical emergencies.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Fortune02(m): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2014
No not again. The fact that building are collapsing because of carelessness and recklessness of some people at the expense of human lives is the part that pains Me most. Have we not learnt our lessons yet? God!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by oluwaKStar(m): 6:32am On Sep 20, 2014
This Land for sale....great potential seen....contact if interested
Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Exjoker(m): 6:34am On Sep 20, 2014
Abeg wetin na...why is this only happenin in nigeria??...chai our engineers go kill us 4 diz country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by BankerDraws: 6:34am On Sep 20, 2014
na wa o

1 Like

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by DaWorshiper(m): 6:38am On Sep 20, 2014
What is happening??

1 Like

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by bastien: 6:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Blood sucking church, everywhere!

6 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by free2ryhme: 6:54am On Sep 20, 2014
Why would young adult agree in the first place to demolish building that would require heavy machinery and careful planning?

All in the name of cutting cost lives have been lost.

7 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Leetunechi: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2014
This is what hapun when you use bois wey

don smoke enough weed work undecided

edo people.. Wako yor oo undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 20, 2014
The Edo State Govt should charge all the ppl involved in that building 4 involuntary manslaughter. Until people are made to pay 4 their offence, things will never change 4 the better.

6 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Mogidi: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2014
I hate conspiracy theories but in the space of one week two churches have collapsed while all mosques are intact. First was the air plane destroyed SCOAN in lagos under the nose of Alhaji Fashola.

And this recent one under the nose of Alhaji Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole, is this a covert message to Christians in APC controlled states? If not for Uduaghan, Oritsejafor's church would have been next, watch out.

6 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by double0seven(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Why are burning that car? What kind of people dey this country. I tire

3 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by MizMyColi(f): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2014
coolJust in case.

I was here smiley
Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by egopersonified(f): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Saw this building yesterday. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by MizMyColi(f): 7:24am On Sep 20, 2014
Wish I could like my post too cry embarassed

I just got myself a new Nairaland Project (Liking and Sharing) - I'll be done in 1 week.

P.S......I only like sensible posts.
If you want a like appended to your post, please make it sensible and reasonable enough.
Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by priscaoge(f): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Sad and ugly stories everyday,may God help us ooo! And Why are they dragging that man like that? Is that how to rescue people? They might think he's dead while d dude is alive,haba that's unfair!

3 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by donphilopus: 7:28am On Sep 20, 2014
Mogidi: I hate conspiracy theories but in the space of one week two churches have collapse while all mosques are intact. First was the airplane destroyed one in lagos under the nose of Alhaji Fashola.

This recent one under the nose of Alhaji Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole, is this a covert message to Christians in APC controlled states?

Look at this TANoid trynna blame this on APC. What has this got to do with the party who governs the states?! PDP recruitment of PPP agents is no longer based on merit. I weep for y'all.

11 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by koikoi2(m): 7:33am On Sep 20, 2014
It's time to write an OPEN LETTER to all church owners.

1 Like

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by priscaoge(f): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2014

One person has died under the rubble of a building that collapsed in Benin, Edo State capital, on Friday, 19 September, 2014.

According to the Edo State Commissioner of Police, Foluso Adebanjo,one person has been confirmed dead while five others were rescued alive with injuries He said there were however speculations that two more people were still be trapped in the rubbles.
“Some of us went out to eat because we were hungry. As we were eating, we saw many people rush to where we were coming from. We thought it was a fire outbreak. But when we got there, we discovered that the building has collapsed.
“We were nine in number but four of my colleagues were in the building before it collapsed. Two were brought out alive with injuries. One died and was brought out and two others are still under the building, dead,” the worker said.

I don't understand @boldedundecidedundecidedAIT said 3people was confirmed deadundecided which one is true?

RIP to the dead! It's so sad,may God console d bereaved.
Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2014
IGNORANCE is DEADLY...
Y BURN Dis VEHICLE WEN IT CAN BE CONVERTED TO AN AMBULANCE TO IMMEDIATELY CONVEY DAT GUY TO D HOSPITAL.....

3 Likes

Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by Mogidi: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2014
donphilopus:

Look at this TANoid trynna blame this on APC. What has this got to do with the party who governs the states?! PDP recruitment of PPP agents is no longer based on merit. I weep for y'all.

Did I expose this new trend of besieging Christians?
Second church to fall in the space of one week, meanwhile Pastor Oritsejafor and Ihejirika are touted as boko haram kingpins, use your head.
Re: Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) by omenka(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2014
donphilopus:

Oga sometimes before you reply someone, especially a suspected TANoid, take a second to go through his timeline, most often than not you'd find it entirely needless responding to them. They are mostly rustic oafs beyond redemption.

When churches have turned into the next big business and shortest route to undeserved wealth after politics, with structures being erected every second with little or no supervision since, after all, they are "house of God", why wouldn't we witness these??

May God rest the souls of the dead (if any).

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Pro-Buhari Rally: Take Whatever You See – IPOB Warns Obiano, APC Members / Nigerian Army Commissions New Locally Produced Vehicles / 7 Dead In Jos As Truck Conveying PDP Supporters Crashes (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.