Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

New Age "church" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Age "church" (742 Views)

Why Am Leaving Christianity For New Age / Exposing Sexual Immorality In The New Age Church / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Age "church" by Tasma: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2008
Why do many people still insist on saying that the Bible or Koran or whatever other religious book is the undiluted word of God? A cursory look at the Bible for instance shows it’s the words of primitive people trying to understand God with the limited knowledge they had. Is it impossible for people in this age to form their own “religion” based on our understanding of the world now and present day knowledge of life. Sort of like an evolution of religion. It’s amazing the convoluted explanations people come up with to explain the stories in the Bible when it’s very clear that the stories simply have no backing in modern days. It’s the equivalent of modern day Nigerians believing in “traditional” medicine to solve our problems. If we don’t treat problems with this traditional means why do we think a 2000 year old religion would work well today? Why can’t we build a system that works on education, enlightenment, care and concern for our fellow man? How long do we have to continue with this charade of belief in backward religions even when at peril to our livelihood and development?
Re: New Age "church" by naomijt(f): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2008
You would have done well by keeeping your New Age beliefs to yourself.

Can't blame you though, everyone needs a follower.

New Ageism is spreading and fast becoming the order of the day. Scriptures warn us that in the last days, men will be lovers of themselves and they will not endure sound doctrine. Man is not the center of ur existence. We weren't created to mske the other person feel good. Chrisianity is hard cold facts that is difficult for many to digest, hence so many persecution/distractions left and right.

This is another clear sign that the end is fast approaching. sad
Re: New Age "church" by Tasma: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2008
How would using education and enlightenment to make life better for ourselves tantamount to not "enduring strong doctrine"? Sorry but I don't quite catch your drift.
Re: New Age "church" by pilgrim1(f): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2008
Tasma:

Why can’t we build a system that works on education, enlightenment, care and concern for our fellow man?

By that, you assume that the Christian faith is allergic to education, enlightenment, care and concern for our fellow man?
Re: New Age "church" by ud4u: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2008
These are signs of end time. My brother without Jesus you can do nothing. So run unto him now that is still day for a night comet when no man shall work.
Re: New Age "church" by Tasma: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2008
pilgrim.1:

By that, you assume that the Christian faith is allergic to education, enlightenment, care and concern for our fellow man?

No I don't assume christian or any other faith is allergic to education and enlightenment, I just wonder why it's necessary to attach the faith in incredible stories to this cause. Can human beings not be good or do good without the commitment to religion? Are non-religious people necessarily evil?
Re: New Age "church" by MrCrackles(m): 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
ud4u:

These are signs of end time. My brother without Jesus you can do nothing. So run unto him now that is still day for a night comet when no man shall work.

ok thanks a lot pastor!
Re: New Age "church" by pilgrim1(f): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2008
Tasma:

No I don't assume christian or any other faith is allergic to education and enlightenment, I just wonder why it's necessary to attach the faith in incredible stories to this cause. Can human beings not be good or do good without the commitment to religion? Are non-religious people necessarily evil?

This shows that you really have no clue as to what is spirituality. From your OP you seem to have pitted those elements against Christianity rather than understand that the Christian faith is not antithetical to them.
Re: New Age "church" by Tasma: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2008
pilgrim.1:

This shows that you really have no clue as to what is spirituality. From your OP you seem to have pitted those elements against Christianity rather than understand that the Christian faith is not antithetical to them.

First off I have not pitted education and enlightenment against Christianity, I have wondered if there is any need to have the traditional religions at all. Repeating what i said before do we need belief in these religions in this age and can't we go ahead with improving our standard of life here on earth without them?

On the other hand you might be right and I may not have a clue what spirituality is. So you tell me what is spirituality? What role does it have today in terms of bettering our lot as human beings on this earth? Lastly does it make sense to immerse ourselves in this pool of spirituality while our standard of living falls everyday from simple errors that commonsense and informed love for humanity can solve. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Organ Donation / Do You Need Prayers For Success? / Are Most Christians Praying The Right Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.