Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,342 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe (7893 Views)

Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by heavenmade(m): 3:08am On Sep 21, 2014
In a speech at the Afenifere Renewal Group in Ottawa,Ojo maduekwe confessed that the yorubas are the most advanced in Nigeria.He said "This does not diminish my Igboness,the Yoruba is The most Sophisticated ethnic group in Nigeria." He further said "Rather than confront the yorubas,others should learn from their sophistry"
https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/513409157786247168?p=v

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by mrofficial(m): 3:19am On Sep 21, 2014
wink

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by tit(f): 4:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Excellent speech by Ojo Maduekwe.
The Yoruba are sophisticated in culture and politics.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by passion007: 4:12am On Sep 21, 2014
heavenmade: In a speech at the Afenifere Renewal Group in Ottawa,Ojo madueke confessed that the yorubas are the most advanced in Nigeria.He said "This does not diminish my Igboness,the Yoruba is The most Sophisticated ethnic group in Nigeria." He further said "Rather than confront the yorubas,others should learn from their sophistry"

Ojo Maduekwe ended up insulting his audience, not deliberately though.

Sophistry: the clever use of arguments that seem true but are really false, in order to deceive people:

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by ramdris(m): 4:14am On Sep 21, 2014
Political thingz.
*yinmu*
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by otipoju(m): 5:29am On Sep 21, 2014
This is true. Yoruba's have protocols for nearly everything.

As a Yoruba boy, I have learnt a lot from the business acumen, drive and determination to succeed of the Igbo.

I guess its a case of mutual respect then.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by jacabi(m): 5:33am On Sep 21, 2014
If only we could see ourselves as one.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 21, 2014
This thread is not for troll.

Beware of tribalist
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20am On Sep 21, 2014
I love my Yoruba root.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by nduchucks: 6:27am On Sep 21, 2014
passion007:

He probably meant to say Sophistication, but Madueke be intellectual, so may be na Igbo man connie connie him introduce here.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by cooljude(m): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2014
Believe me, when the E-warriors get to see this, you know the rest. Well what he said is good. Also, i think he his pushing for his political career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Fashola4thSon: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Creating fight

I doubt madueke or whatever her name is
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by drnoel: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2014
heavenmade: In a speech at the Afenifere Renewal Group in Ottawa,Ojo madueke confessed that the yorubas are the most advanced in Nigeria.He said "This does not diminish my Igboness,the Yoruba is The most Sophisticated ethnic group in Nigeria." He further said "Rather than confront the yorubas,others should learn from their sophistry"
To a layman it sounded like a complement. To educated people it was an indirect insightfully placed insult. One asks if u were going insult Yorubas why give them the feeling of friendship? Ojo madeueke is a fool for an igbo man. Igbos don't play in the guise of an insult. That is not igboness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by chinazalized: 7:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Yorubas can say "thanks for the complement", igbo man and sharp brain eh! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by heavenmade(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2014
One beautiful thing I have noticed in Nigeria after careful observation is that the Hausas prefer to tackle the Igbos. The Igbos rather than face them back,prefer to challenge the Yorubas. Ofcourse the reason for this is not far fetched. There is no pride in challenging someone lower in status than you...I mean no harm,just saying the obvious

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by eluquenson(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2014
Yoruba people are the real elite of this nation, they are liberal, educated to the core & social.

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by suregurl(f): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2014
i lyk my race

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by hausadreturn(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2014
eluquenson: Yoruba people are the real elite of this nation, they are liberal, educated to the core & social.
how interesting

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by hausadreturn(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Ojo wasnt too specific about what he said. He should have elucidated.
What a sideswipe
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Dolcilicious(f): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2014
Yes soo .... smiley
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by obyrich(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2014
suregurl: i lyk my race
What's your race?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by oduastates: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
Sophistry is relative.
Liberal ................ YES
perhaps, too liberal for a country full of conservatives and feudalists.
We cannot afford to measure ourselves against anyone in that retrogressive country.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2014
I like their sophistry too. Awo used it, Tinubu is using it effectively today I love their brown roofs most. It shows a people so sophisticated.

This coming from Ojo Maduekwe; undecided a man known for praising whoever's palmwine he is drinking, at the moment, to high heavens. I dey laff o! cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2014
Even Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had-Ojukwu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Sarcastic dude walahi

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2014
Your velly stvpid, when Awlowo was forced to commit suicide by the North didnt Yorubas turn around and blame the igbos for dealing in poisnous substance.

When IBB nulify election in 93 didnt Yorubas turn and started blaming Igbos for Arthur Nzeribe?

When Sanusi Lamido said Yorubas are the problems of Nigeria, didnt Yorubas in NL started accusing Igbos for creating a thread that will divide Nigeria.

Abiola and Kudirat were Killed by North yet Yorubas are blamming Igbos for all their stvpidty
heavenmade: One beautiful thing I have noticed in Nigeria after careful observation is that the Hausas prefer to tackle the Igbos. The Igbos rather than face them back,prefer to challenge the Yorubas. Ofcourse the reason for this is not far fetched. There is no pride in challenging someone lower in status than you...I mean no harm,just saying the obvious

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by tsolz200: 10:19am On Sep 21, 2014
heavenmade: One beautiful thing I have noticed in Nigeria after careful observation is that the Hausas prefer to tackle the Igbos. The Igbos rather than face them back,prefer to challenge the Yorubas. Ofcourse the reason for this is not far fetched. There is no pride in challenging someone lower in status than you...I mean no harm,just saying the obvious

Well said

A million likes

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by tsolz200: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2014
OkijaAmaka: Your velly stvpid, when Awlowo was forced to commit suicide by the North didnt Yorubas turn around and blame the igbos for dealing in poisnous substance.

When IBB nulify election in 93 didnt Yorubas turn and started blaming Igbos for Arthur Nzeribe?

When Sanusi Lamido said Yorubas are the problems of Nigeria, didnt Yorubas in NL started accusing Igbos for creating a thread that will divide Nigeria.

Abiola and Kudirat were Killed by North yet Yorubas are blamming Igbos for all their stvpidty

You are a born f00l

Accursed osu

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by modhream: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2014
passion007:

I was about commenting on that,but u already nailed it

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by lagcity(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2014
Madueke, Igbos are gonna fork you up. You don screwed up homeboi grin grin

What does "sophistication" mean anyway? fork outtta here angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by lagcity(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2014
OkijaAmaka: Even Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had-Ojukwu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Sarcastic dude walahi

Ojukwu was not being sarcastic. Read his book Because I was Involved and stop being silly. You people should be honest and give credit where it is due. Awo was an achiever.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by musicwriter(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2014
This's absolutely correct!.

I read a book on pre-colonial Africa that suggested what this report said but I wasn't sure so I decided to conduct my own research few months ago to prove or disprove it. Note that the research is part of a wider project that I'm currently working on how to lay the foundation for teaching sciences in African schools in our native dialects and I'v been conducting several research works online and offline. I made some of the reseach right here on Nairaland. The research is found on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1820035/simple-test-africans-only

In the above reseach I simply asked Nairalanders to name "parts of the body" in their native language. Believe me, only a Yoruba man was able to do that!.

Unfortunately, some of us that throws up intellectual topics or debates don't get heard on this forum but loud mouths and people who have no real value to offer always manage to have their topics on the front page.

If Africa was to be destroyed culturally, the Yorubas, Hausas, some tribes in Gabon or near that southern basin, a part of Ghana, some tribes in Benin republic near Quiddah and some part of east Africa that speak Swahili may be the only real Africans left.

Yes, the Yorubas are one of the most culturally advanced tribes not only in Nigeria but in Africa!. This's based on facts from my own reseach not sentiments. If you doubt it then solve that simple test above.

I'm an Igbo man for your information.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2014
There is something called Cowardice cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owerri - Silent Beauty Of The East - Pics / PDP Governors To Meet On Thursday / I Will Celebrate Big At 80, Says Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.