Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959861 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by texas1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Frank8989:
Please can someone explain how to open an account a stanbic mutual fund using their app. Only what I can see how to login.

You ll see the "open an instant account" option when you open the app.
It's just below the "My Mutual fund" & "My Pension" icons.
Re: Mutual Funds by Frank8989(m): 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is how the app looking like on my phone when I open it

Re: Mutual Funds by texas1(m): 11:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
Frank8989:
This is how the app looking like on my phone when I open it

Interesting. It should look like.....

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
M…
Re: Mutual Funds by Ikmontana1: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
pls wic bank is best to invest on mutual funds ??
Re: Mutual Funds by msanda(m): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2018
Yem0350:

It takes 48hrs for ARM to credit my account since inception irrespective of whether you top up before 12pm
Thinking of moving my available funds from them to Axa or fbnquest

In my experience, their rates always seem competitive. You can compare with others at https://fman.com.ng/mutual-fund-price-list/
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2018
olusoga426:
Thanks OP, am eager to read your next post.
Re: Mutual Funds by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2018
Opened an account via the stanbic app and funded via webpay.

Waiting for my login details which they say will get to me within 48hours.
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
Good afternoon gurus.
I tried to Redeem some of my investment but its telling me I have "exceeded the Limit" prompting to withdraw a certain amount lower than what I wanted to. Is there a way around it?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
yak:
Good afternoon gurus.
I tried to Redeem some of my investment but its telling me I have "exceeded the Limit" prompting to withdraw a certain amount lower than what I wanted to. Is there a way around it?
And you can update your online redemption limit to N2500000 max.
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
4601CE:
And you can update your online redemption limit to N2500000 max.

will try that out. thanks
I even forgot to update:
I have bn credited within 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
The eurobond thread isn't moving fast. Is the eurobond operated by known fund managers like Axa, stanbic, etc?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
RalphVwede:
The eurobond thread isn't moving fast. Is the eurobond operated by known fund managers like Axa, stanbic, etc?
No
Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
4601CE:
No

Thanks. So which financial bodies offer this and are they recognized by the government of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
RalphVwede:

Thanks. So which financial bodies offer this and are they recognized by the government of Nigeria?
Federal Government of Nigeria ,through Debt Management Office issue Eurobonds or diaspora bond . Something like that.
But I don’t know all the details.
[url]dmo.gov.ng[/url]
It’s the DMO that issue treasury bills too. Just to clear your doubts a bit .
Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
4601CE:
Federal Government of Nigeria ,through Debt Management Office issue Eurobonds or diaspora bond . Something like that.
But I don’t know all the details.
[url]dmo.gov.ng[/url]
It’s the DMO that issue treasury bills too. Just to clear your doubts a bit .

Thank you. Gone to the website and don't even know where to start from. All I see is Eurobonds closing prices and yields, I'll have to take time and go through the site.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
RalphVwede:

Thank you. Gone to the website and don't even know where to start from. All I see is Eurobonds closing prices and yields, I'll have to take time and go through the site.
grin
Re: Mutual Funds by gamaliel9: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
FBNQuest accepts $1,000 as minimum investment
Stanbicibtc the same
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
I don calculate my MMF yield and compare it taya.
The thing never tally grin
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2018
4601CE:
I don calculate my MMF yield and compare it taya.
The thing never tally grin

I never get the time to confirm that thing. What process did you use and what factors did you consider in your calculation? Did you deduct transaction charges?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2018
haibe:

I never get the time to confirm that thing. What process did you use and what factors did you consider in your calculation? Did you deduct transaction charges?
The thing just dy give me unnecessary headache jare .
I no calculate again .
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2018
4601CE:
The thing just dy give me unnecessary headache jare .
I no calculate again .

That is one of my issues with STANBIC MMF...they are not transparent with their charges.

Eg Yesterday my interest was 11.21% and i think their website shows 11.63%, so don't give yourself unnecessary headache like you said

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2018
I registered for MMF via the app two days ago and up till now, i haven't got my log in details.

Should i wait a bit longer or send them a mail ?
Re: Mutual Funds by 6ixgod(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2018
eezeribe:
Hello prospective investors, if you are interested in opening a Stanbic IBTC Money market fund, if you need guidance on how to fill the form, I have a PDF copy of an already filled form from STANBIC bank herself, the form serves as a guiding template.
It is free of charge. Happy Sunday.
Pls send to me Stefanotoms@yahoo.com
Re: Mutual Funds by 6ixgod(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2018
And again pls I wanna ask the house, can I scan my passport photo, utility bill, international passport & registration form to stanbic to fulfill the KYC stuff without visiting the branch?
Re: Mutual Funds by 6ixgod(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Psychodavidovic:
I registered for MMF via the app two days ago and up till now, i haven't got my log in details.

Should i wait a bit longer or send them a mail ?
Send them a mail now, it took a week then I had to send a mail for before I got it.
Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2018
brainhack:

When someone or a group of people are being evasive about an aspect of the thing under consideration, it is a “gaint-big” red flag for me. I even tried reaching out to Axa-mansard people regarding their MMF’s “management fee” and still did not get any answer.

If the 1.25% is chargeable on the whole account (Principal + Interest) thats a big WAWU. It makes their rates significantly less attractive compared to that of their competitors; so goodluck to them.

Anyway I have decided pitch my tent with FBN. I should be able to complete all the necessary this coming week.

How do you expect someone to charge you handling charges on your principle and interest? did they make your principal for you? I am pretty sure there is one job I can't do and that must be customer service, sometimes when you are ignored, just know the question has K-leg.
You invested your money so its common sense to expect charges on accrued interest not your capital. AXA mansard will likely not respond because they charge neither same with FBN. The quoted rate is yours, they have taken theirs before they gave yours, so if you see 12%, that's yours it doesn't mean the market yield was 12%, its always more.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2018
civilserva:
I noticed fewer interest in ARM MM even though being among the oldest investment company, is there any reported issue them? i want nto know as i have account with them

What is their current interest? they have been off FMANN for a while now.
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
jpphilips:

How do you expect someone to charge you handling charges on your principle and interest? did they make your principal for you? I am pretty sure there is one job I can't do and that must be customer service, sometimes when you are ignored, just know the question has K-leg.
You invested your money so its common sense to expect charges on accrued interest not your capital. AXA mansard will likely not respond because they charge neither same with FBN. The quoted rate is yours, they have taken theirs before they gave yours, so if you see 12%, that's yours it doesn't mean the market yield was 12%, its always more.

Welcome. I’m sure by now you have read all my current posts regarding this and you’re all caught-up smiley
Re: Mutual Funds by jujutom(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
STANBIC IBTC GUARANTEED INVESTMENT FUND and MONEY MARKET FUNDS
Which is better?
Which is safer?
Which pays better?
Whats the pros and d cons of each?
Tanks
Re: Mutual Funds by zamanii: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
xtain7:

Yes there's
Just screenshots where you having issues
Let me see how to assist you....
But in the Case where you're trying to set up a security questions if you have none
Try call the customer care Rep

Boss man

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: otomatic(m), Damian077

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.