Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (963719 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Topson88: 10:05am On Mar 16, 2020
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by doublestar21(m): 10:16am On Mar 16, 2020
emmasoft:

5.21%

Is it fixed and secondly, what is the minimum capital involved

THANKS
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2020
doublestar21:

THANKS

Rates on all mmfs are not fixed. you can invest in VGIF managed by investment one. It has a guaranteed rate of 8.5%. You need a minimum of 50k for initial deposit there after you could invest any amount. check my signature for phone contact and link to open account.
Re: Mutual Funds by Topson88: 11:19am On Mar 16, 2020
emmasoft:

1. No
2. 20% of accrued interest

Thanks. I appreciate
Re: Mutual Funds by teejay5(f): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
Please house how do I redeem part of my MMF interest online.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by nanauju(f): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
doublestar21:

THANKS

Minimum capital is 5k pls. Walk into the branch and ask ur questions there. Don't fall pray to online folks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2020
nanauju:

Minimum capital is 5k pls. Walk into the branch and ask ur questions there. Don't fall pray to online folks

Please understand though VGIF is a mutual fund but it's not Money market fund. I suggested it base on his question. For your information money market fund minimum capital is not pegged at 5k. Different fund managers has their different minimum. Abacus money market fund for example has 1k as its minimum. Let's be well guided.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Phranky1: 9:04am On Mar 17, 2020
@Emmasoft,

Please i received 2 separate document from investment one, one is for the the mutual fund subscription while the other is individual account opening.

My question is, do i need to fill the individual account opening form as well, considering i would require an online monitoring of my investment if any?

Thanks for your response.
Regards
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:05am On Mar 17, 2020
Phranky1:
@Emmasoft,

Please i received 2 separate document from investment one, one is for the the mutual fund subscription while the other is individual account opening.

My question is, do i need to fill the individual account opening form as well, considering i would require an online monitoring of my investment if any?

Thanks for your response.
Regards

I think that is manual. To open your mutual fund account or any product account, click on the link on my signature. Complete the four page online form and upload your kyc documents on the last page you are good to go. Your account details will be sent to you and you can now download the app and set it up with your account details for online monitoring. My contact is also on my signature if there is need for PM.
Re: Mutual Funds by doublestar21(m): 10:08am On Mar 17, 2020
nanauju:

g

Thanks dear
Re: Mutual Funds by Phranky1: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for your response Emma, will the online account opening not have a restriction on certain features?

emmasoft:

I think that is manual. To open your mutual fund account or any product account, click on the link on my signature. Complete the four page online form and upload your kyc documents on the last page you are good to go. Your account details will be sent to you and you can now download the app and set it up with your account details for online monitoring. My contact is also on my signature if there is need for PM.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2020
Phranky1:

Thanks for your response Emma, will the online account opening not have a restriction on certain features?

No restriction whatsoever from experience.
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
emmasoft:

No restriction whatsoever from experience.
To add to what Emma has said if you still choose to go through the manual process just put the number on @Emmasoft freelance link on the form and it will definitely count for him.
Check his signature for his freelance number.
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 6:46am On Mar 18, 2020
Hello Guys,

Is our mutual funds safe with the present corona virus issue in Nigeria. Hope we won't lose our investment.

Cryptocurrency have dropped and lost it value already.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2020
Pr0cter:
Hello Guys,

Is our mutual funds safe with the present corona virus issue in Nigeria. Hope we won't lose our investment.

Cryptocurrency have dropped and lost it value already.

It depends on the category of mutual fund you invested in. If it's equity based or balanced fund you can lose your money but if it's money market, fixed income or guaranteed income funds, your interest can only reduce, your capital is safe.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 8:00am On Mar 18, 2020
emmasoft:

It depends on the category of mutual fund you invested in. If it's equity based or balanced fund you can lose your money but if it's money market, fixed income or guaranteed income funds, your interest can only reduce, your capital is safe.

Thanks for the info bro.
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
emmasoft:

Hi bro

How come it's quite difficult to find the rate (which I assume is 5% now for money market now) on stanbic asset management website?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
A305:
Hi bro

How come it's quite difficult to find the rate (which I assume is 5% now for money market now) on stanbic asset management website?
I don't work there but I believe once you login to your account online you will see the rate displayed.
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
emmasoft:

I don't work there but I believe once you login to your account online you will see the rate displayed.
Thanks bro
Re: Mutual Funds by U1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
emmasoft:

Rates on all mmfs are not fixed. you can invest in VGIF managed by investment one. It has a guaranteed rate of 8.5%. You need a minimum of 50k for initial deposit there after you could invest any amount. check my signature for phone contact and link to open account.

I hope one can just make a single, one-off investment, right?

Dsticks47:

To add to what Emma has said if you still choose to go through the manual process just put the number on @Emmasoft freelance link on the form and it will definitely count for him.
Check his signature for his freelance number.

Also, what do you say about this? I thought you stated that there's no way to indicate you as a referrer if opening the account at an office.
Re: Mutual Funds by Uchefrancis16(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hello wise ones I greet u all.

I have about 20 million naira which is a combination of both principal and interest from repeated investment in treasury bill during the gud old days until rates went dust. Since then I’ve refused to put it in again.

With the current economic down turn of the country with this corona virus, how do you suggest I invest this money to be sure I ride above inflation?

This fund is for zero risk investments so it can’t go into real estate or business.

Initially, I wanted to lock it down in a 10 to 30 years fgn bond at 14.85%. This bond was announced early January. I’ve discussed with Stanbic stockbrokers and they’ve opened my cscs account, and insisted I can only buy from secondary market (at 11% to 13%) since minimum amount for primary is 50 million.

However, suddenly I’ve even lost faith in this federal government. Naira is on free fall, federal government so broke that its wants to deep hands into pension funds to build infrastructure and borrowing Nigeria to death.

I need help and suggestions of how to invest this. As well as Eurobonds with good rates. If you were in my shoes, what will u do? Thank you.

Re: Mutual Funds by needful: 1:20am On Mar 23, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

I have about 20 million naira which is a combination of both principal and interest from repeated investment in treasury bill during the gud old days until rates went dust. Since then I’ve refused to put it in again.

With the current economic down turn of the country with this corona virus, how do you suggest I invest this money to be sure I ride above inflation?

This fund is for zero risk investments so it can’t go into real estate or business.

Initially, I wanted to lock it down in a 10 to 30 years fgn bond at 14.85%. This bond was announced early January. I’ve discussed with Stanbic stockbrokers and they’ve opened my cscs account, and insisted I can only buy from secondary market (at 11% to 13%) since minimum amount for primary is 50 million.

However, suddenly I’ve even lost faith in this federal government. Naira is on free fall, federal government so broke that its wants to deep hands into pension funds to build infrastructure and borrowing Nigeria to death.

I need help and suggestions of how to invest this. As well as Eurobonds with good rates. If you were in my shoes, what will u do? Thank you.
Go for short term bonds like 3 to 4yrs. Am investing N16.5m tomorrow on a 4yrs bond which will likely yield N2.3m annually for me. For me, am better off with bond.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:52am On Mar 23, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

Early 2019, I recommended to people to move a part of their portfolio to dollars but many were over confident of naira so the stuck to naira, if you bought dollars in January 2019 at 363 and now its 380, do the math, figures don't lie.

I feel things will get worse(my personal opinion), if you have enough constant inflow to take care of your daily expenses then I recommend you move the whole fund to dollars and invest either directly in eurobonds or dollar mutual funds.

Eurobonds look attractive because yields have gone up and price whole dollar funds also favourable due to there flexibility.

But if that figure represents your total portfolio then you many want to do 50% dollars and 50% naira.

My 20kobo advice
Re: Mutual Funds by Poanan: 9:26am On Mar 23, 2020
ernie4life:

Early 2019, I recommended to people to move a part of their portfolio to dollars but many were over confident of naira so the stuck to naira, if you bought dollars in January 2019 at 363 and now its 380, do the math, figures don't lie.

I feel things will get worse(my personal opinion), if you have enough constant inflow to take care of your daily expenses then I recommend you move the whole fund to dollars and invest either directly in eurobonds or dollar mutual funds.

Eurobonds look attractive because yields have gone up and price whole dollar funds also favourable due to there flexibility.

But if that figure represents your total portfolio then you many want to do 50% dollars and 50% naira.

My 20kobo advice

People doing eurobonds should be careful. The yield for Eurobond is going up means more risk. Now,foreign investors are pulling money away where will they get foreign currency to pay the bond holders. Remember, the proceeds from new issue is what is used to bonds holders at maturity.
Re: Mutual Funds by needful: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

Euro bond is not a reliable investment right now considering the economic meltdown. Go for naira bond which is way easier to repay by the federal government. Worst case scenario, they will print naira and pay but as for Eurobond, just know that naija no dey print dollar oooo. My 2cent advice.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by IamR: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2020
needful:

Euro bond is not a reliable investment right now considering the economic meltdown. Go for naira bond which is way easier to repay by the federal government. Worst case scenario, they will print naira and pay but as for Eurobond, just know that naija no dey print dollar oooo. My 2cent advice.
Now at -9.8% of my capital in Eurobond.
Re: Mutual Funds by IamR: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2020
Poanan:

People doing eurobonds should be careful. The yield for Eurobond is going up means more risk. Now,foreign investors are pulling money away where will they get foreign currency to pay the bond holders. Remember, the proceeds from new issue is what is used to bonds holders at maturity.
My Eurobond capital is now at -9.8%
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
I think it's short term eurobonds that are not reliable, I can buy FGN 2049 in the next 5 years this wave will pass and prices will go back up then I can exit my position with more profit, remember that you don't need to hold till maturity.
Re: Mutual Funds by Akin3891: 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
ernie4life:
I think it's short term eurobonds that are not reliable, I can buy FGN 2049 in the next 5 years this wave will pass and prices will go back up then I can exit my position with more profit, remember that you don't need to hold till maturity.

Is there any urgent need to pull out funds from fbn money market because of covid19, I've got bulky funds in that investment. This morning, i wanted to withdraw total funds,but i say to myself, let me ask for more guidance before i proceed.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
Akin3891:

Is there any urgent need to pull out funds from fbn money market because of covid19, I've got bulky funds in that investment. This morning, i wanted to withdraw total funds,but i say to myself, let me ask for more guidance before i proceed.

I don't think we have gotten to that point, treasury bill returns may be low but they are still safe

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Uchefrancis16(m): 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
ernie4life:

My 20kobo advice

Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate.

I am considering going 50% dollars and 50 % naira. From the look of things, naira will get weaker and that alone is profit.

My question now is, How do I get into Eurobond with my small 50% which is 10 million naira ($25,000 at 400/$)? I’ve called Stanbic and they said minimum for Eurobond is $200,000 (9% interest) while dollar mutual fund is $20,000 (5.84% interest).
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate.

I am considering going 50% dollars and 50 % naira. From the look of things, naira will get weaker and that alone is profit.

My question now is, How do I get into Eurobond with my small 50% which is 10 million naira ($25,000 at 400/$)? I’ve called Stanbic and they said minimum for Eurobond is $200,000 (9% interest) while dollar mutual fund is $20,000 (5.84% interest).

We can discuss dollar fund here but for eurobonds I will advise you go to eurobonds thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.