Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960435 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by RAY12345(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
chizyn:

Thnks 4 replying.
Is it possible 4 me deal with my banks' instead?? I use Access bank.
Or it doesn't necessarily hve 2 be a bank i hve an acct with?
Thnks

I don't know of other banks, but for Stanbic bank, you don't need to have account with them before u can subscribe. You can use your access account to subscribe in Stanbic.

You can also approach Access bank, they should have their own mutual fund.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by grosy: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
BT what abt my money. I invest how do I get it back with my interest since am not using d bank
Re: Mutual Funds by grosy: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
pls enlighten me how do I get my money invested in stanbic ibtc bank n interest back? since am not using d bank.
Re: Mutual Funds by Belvinho(m): 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
grosy:
pls enlighten me how do I get my money invested in stanbic ibtc bank n interest back? since am not using d bank.

Please do not confuse Stanbic IBTC Money Market fund with Stanbic Bank. The fund is managed by Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited, a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC. It is not a bank thing, just that they made branches of Stanbic Bank a contact centre.

Should you invest in the fund, the proceeds will be paid directly into your account irrespective of the Bank you use. Except you use a MFB

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Futureinvestors(m): 1:21am On Dec 15, 2017
My Dear Friend invest a token here.

Did you know?

The simplest way to earn 25% - 100% on your Investment with no hassle with proven profitable proprietary strategies. No gimmicks.
Just check it out and heed to my counsel. Just a minimum investment will do in Naira or US Dollars.

The truth no bank will reveal to you is out. Bank will always trade with your money and make profits off you without your consent while you warn yourself out at the office. Only you can change this right now!

With our system, After a month or two you can be rest assured to get your initial capital back and continue with your available profit.
No risk attached.
I will show a simple proof and that's enough otherwise I can't help you.

Access Link: https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=146044649358060&id=143350539627471

Note: Don't post your Phone or E-mail here please. Keep your details private.

Contact me only when you have such capital at hand to invest.
If you are in Lagos you can arrange a meet. Fine by me.

Regards.

@FutureInvestFX
Call or TEXT ur email to below contact
@+234*8*1*4*1*1*9*5*9*9*9
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2017
its no news that the government plans to bring down tbills rate to single digits, treasury bills secondary rates are already nose diving,
there will be some OMO maturity in the next few weeks without an equivalent OMO auction.

you may ask how would this affect you as a mutual funds investor, well if you are a MMF investor, be sure that rates will come down but not so fast because most if the funds where lock in at good rates for year, until it matures I expect the rates to still look good.

But this could be a good time to look at other funds outside the money market funds like balanced funds, fixed income funds etc

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
ernie4life:
its no news that the government plans to bring down tbills rate to single digits, treasury bills secondary rates are already nose diving,
there will be some OMO maturity in the next few weeks without an equivalent OMO auction.

you may ask how would this affect you as a mutual funds investor, well if you are a MMF investor, be sure that rates will come down but not so fast because most if the funds where lock in at good rates for year, until it matures I expect the rates to still look good.

But this could be a good time to look at other funds outside the money market funds like balanced funds, fixed income funds etc

Thanks for the update. Been diversifying to Balanced, Bond and GIF. They seem to perform just as well over time.
Re: Mutual Funds by Olatoman(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
ernie4life:

Thank you for the update, to think I just subscribed to FBN MMF on the 1st of the Month, will seek guidance in the next few months dependent on the performance.
Re: Mutual Funds by RAY12345(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
ernie4life:

Hello boss,
Kindly talk more about the bolded.
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by femora007(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
RAY12345:

Hello boss,
Kindly talk more about the bolded.
Thanks

This thread is about mutual funds but so much emphasis is being place on money market funds which is only one type of mutual funds, there are other funds performing better than money market funds, for example balanced funds, balanced fund is a type of mutual fund which is structured to invest into real estate, money market and equity, I know a balanced fund that has Performed above 20% year to date.

I strongly believe equity funds would outperform money market funds between now and March next year, equity funds could do 10% net not P. A.
My reason is as rates come down investors would move to the equity market and as demand increase prices of stocks would increase leading to equity funds performing better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
ernie4life:

This thread is about mutual funds but so much emphasis is being place on money market funds which is only one type of mutual funds, there are other funds performing better than money market funds, for example balanced funds, balanced fund is a type of mutual fund which is structured to invest into real estate, money market and equity, I know a balanced fund that has Performed above 20% year to date.

I strongly believe equity funds would outperform money market funds between now and March next year, equity funds could do 10% net not P. A.
My reason is as rates come down investors would move to the equity market and as demand increase prices of stocks would increase leading to equity funds performing better

Good but can you talk about the risk for the above. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Good but can you talk about the risk for the above. Thank you.

The presence of equity in its asset means the risk is higher than the normal money market fund and that's you could get higher. But it's not as high as equity funds because of other asset classes like money market, real estate and fixed income. But as an investor you shouldn't fear risk rather you should understand it and check if it's worth taking.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
shocked shocked shocked StanbicIBTCFundsManagement website is down
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 6:55am On Dec 20, 2017
Being trying to redeem my funds with stanbic ibtc since Monday.

Up till this moment the redemption mails I sent have not even been replied.

This is a very bad experience from stanbic ibtc. Why hold on to customer's funds despite promise of a seamless redemption at any point in time.

They even refused to respond to tweets on their twitter handle.

Is it until I scream and put up articles on social media before they take things serious?

I urge all intending customers of their mutual funds to exercise more constraints before investing with stanbic ibtc..

I will go to their branch again today to physically submit my redemption form.
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 8:41am On Dec 20, 2017
kaze4blues:

This is a very bad experience from stanbic ibtc. Why hold on to customer's funds despite promise of a seamless redemption at any point in time.

Is it until I scream and put up articles on social media before they take things serious?

I urge all intending customers of their mutual funds to exercise more constraints before investing with stanbic ibtc..

The same here. They've deducted but yet to credit. Days gone and still counting now. sad
Re: Mutual Funds by inspirational93: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2017
click this link to download free PDF document files and related courses on any topic(business,career,investment, etc)
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: Mutual Funds by afroxyz: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
kaze4blues:

Oga It takes 5 working days. If you had read previous posts on this thread you would know. Don't be a drama queen

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
kaze4blues:

i redeemed in 2 days last week.
wait 5 days and email not tweets
Re: Mutual Funds by inspirational93: 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
click this link to download free PDF document files and related courses on any topic(business,career,investment,small business,import and export,marketing,financial education,management, etc)
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: Mutual Funds by FrankTalk1: 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
Pls how long does it take for top up transfer into ones STANBIC IBTC MMF account to reflect in ones MMF account? I made payment since morning in their branch and till now the money is yet to reflect in my Acct.
Re: Mutual Funds by broadrick(m): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2017
FrankTalk1:
Pls how long does it take for top up transfer into ones STANBIC IBTC MMF account to reflect in ones MMF account? I made payment since morning in their branch and till now the money is yet to reflect in my Acct.

Did mine on Wednesday with my my debit card by 3pm and by 8pm my account was credited
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 1:15am On Dec 23, 2017
I called them, the lady asked me to hold on. She passed the phone to one guy, asked my e-account number, i gave him. Before i even alter a word, he don dey shake, he was like We're very very sorry sir we note you requested bla bla bla. Shortly after we hanged up the same guy called me back and said you reside in abroad i said yes if i don't get what i requested for within the next 24 hour i will review and consider my decision to still remain with you and i will make a decision instantly, i hanged up the hone cos i was really really upset. My people behold the money i requested for was there smiling within an hour. Truly that is me, thats what i would have done. Buts its orite sha!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 2:59am On Dec 23, 2017
dotcomnamename:
I called them, the lady asked me to hold on. She passed the phone to one guy, asked my e-account number, i gave him. Before i even alter a word, he don dey shake, he was like We're very very sorry sir we note you requested bla bla bla. Shortly after we hanged up the same guy called me back and said you reside in abroad i said yes if i don't get what i requested for within the next 24 hour i will review and consider my decision to still remain with you and i will make a decision instantly, i hanged up the hone cos i was really really upset. My people behold the money i requested for was there smiling within an hour. Truly that is me, thats what i would have done. Buts its orite sha!
Sir, you see now why i was suggesting people do not crowd ONE MMFund?

when millions of people join a system OVERNIGHT, this is what happens.

New people lets use other mmf firms like investment one, fbn Quest and ARM.

sorry for you ordeal Sir.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by afroxyz: 3:56am On Dec 23, 2017
I think it's just a case of impatience. MMF is not your account where you deposit money and receive alert instantly. It takes time. You guys should stop crying wolf abeg. Even if you go to the bank it won't be immediate. But the money would reflect

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by latyph(m): 5:03am On Dec 23, 2017
ernie4life:

Please can you share info with us on the balanced funds that performed 20% to date.
Re: Mutual Funds by elijah101(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
Can One do a top up into His or her Stanbic MMF account on weekends

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
RealityShot:
Sir, you see now why i was suggesting people do not crowd ONE MMFund?

when millions of people join a system OVERNIGHT, this is what happens.

New people lets use other mmf firms like investment one, fbn Quest and ARM.

sorry for you ordeal Sir.

Lol. This is not MMM O! Mutual Funds and Treasury Bills are the best. They're not MMM O! In addition, nobody lose their money, the delay can never result to investors not getting their money. It has never happened and it will never happen. So et your fact right O! We only complained of slow communication and its normal. Don't even compare MMF to MMM
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hm
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
[s]
afroxyz:
I think it's just a case of impatience. MMF is not your account where you deposit money and receive alert instantly. It takes time. You guys should stop crying wolf abeg. Even if you go to the bank it won't be immediate. But the money would reflect
[/s]

You are wrong. As long as the investor wait for more than the agreed 5 days which was signed and dated, investors have right to complain. They agreed with me that it has passed the 5 days. So what is your point sir?
Re: Mutual Funds by FrankTalk1: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2017
ernie4life:

I have MMF account with stanbic IBTC, If I want to also diversify into other types of mutual funds like Balance fund, equity funds etc, do I need to open a new mutual fund account for each of the type of mutual fund or can the various fund types be linked together to the existing mutual fund account I have with them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.