Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960955 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by InvestorsMind: 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
InvestorsMind:

How much is the daily profit on 5 million naira investment on Stanbicibtc MMF? Are you aware too that capital is 97% guarantee, unlike Treasury Bills where your capital is 99% safe. ?

?
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2018
InvestorsMind:

How much is the daily profit on 5 million naira investment on Stanbicibtc MMF? Are you aware too that capital is 97% guarantee, unlike Treasury Bills where capital is %99 guarantee. Apparently one can lose capital on MMF?
No Sir,

your capital is 100% guaranteed in MMFunds because they invest in Treasury bills and safe mediums.

you can only loose some (if at all) of your capital in an EQUITY fund because they invest in stocks and stocks can go up or down. But the managers usually minimize losses though.

MMF rates are around 15% now,
so approx. 1% monthly
1% of 5M is 50k monthly..

divide that by 30 days to know daily expectations..
approx~ N1500 daily

N:B.. your mmf earnings (ibtc) is added and is withdrawable every 7days now.

good luck !!

#Goodness29

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Inca(m): 9:09am On Jan 12, 2018
Kindly go through this. It's good to do some research sometimes. You don't have to make your investment decisions based on opinions from blogs.
Secondly, yields on MMF are paid quarterly.

http://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagers/Other-Links/FAQs

InvestorsMind:

?
Re: Mutual Funds by InvestorsMind: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2018
RealityShot:

No Sir,

your capital is 100% guaranteed in MMFunds because they invest in Treasury bills and safe mediums.

you can only loose some (if at all) of your capital in an EQUITY fund because they invest in stocks and stocks can go up or down. But the managers usually minimize losses though.

MMF rates are around 15% now,
so approx. 1% monthly
1% of 5M is 50k monthly..

divide that by 30 days to know daily expectations..
approx~ N1500 daily

N:B.. your mmf earnings (ibtc) is added and is withdrawable every 7days now.

good luck !!

#Goodness29

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Agbaletu: 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
I have learnt a lot here, the next thing is to go to any Stanbic IBTC branch in Abuja on Monday to open an account.

Thank you all.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
Please anyone have idea what the difference between the arm mutual money market fund and arm discovery fund are?
Re: Mutual Funds by Inca(m): 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
ARM MMF:
*Preserve capital
*Quarterly interest payments
*Easy and flexible entry and exit
*Competitive interest rates
Asset Class:
*Government securities: 25% – 95%
*Other money market instruments: 5% – 75% Bankers’ Acceptances, certificates of deposits, commercial papers, collaterised repurchase agreements etc

ARM DISCOVERY:
*Grow your wealth over the long term with returns above inflation
*Earn multiple returns through capital appreciation and dividends
Asset Class:
*Equities:40%-65%
*Fixed income securities:15%-30%
*Real estate:15%-30%
*Cash:1%-10%

More Info: http://arminvestmentmanagers.com/portfolio/arm-money-market-fund/

Wigglep:
Please anyone have idea what the difference between the arm mutual money market fund and arm discovery fund are?
Re: Mutual Funds by Kzdguru: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
stanbic here I come
Re: Mutual Funds by drdams: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
one objective is to learn as your grow in your investment adventure. I just feel spreading your tentacles accross different investment bank isnt a bad idea. The gmfact is that their rates for mutual funds are almost the same as the difference is minuscule. Now what I think distinguish one mutual fund coy from the others are (1.)service delivery (2) flexibility in payment and liquidation (3) transparency (4) customer service.

I have operated investment one , ARM and stanbic mutual funds simultaneously in the past for more that a 2 years. At some point , ARM remained the surviving general, why?
-prompt response to mail, robustness and understandability of their ibanking , ease of payment and liquidation .

I paused IoNe cos you cant see your interest accrued on a daily basis, you wait till end of the quarter . their service is superb but they are not transparent. I still run my stock broking account with them , they are making sense there.

I quitted stanbic out of bad customer service, excessiveness in automated response, bureaucracy in payment (thank God for their mbanking)- I have to start filling subscription form where I just wire my cash and send a mail with reciept for IOne and ARM.

In all, I am learning and also spreading my risk.

Again, the rates are almost the same, look for more viable reason or yardstick(s) when making your choice of fund manager.

you all should have a fantastic year 2018 !!

7 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
Its now 4 days since i did a top up on the stanbic online platform; the amount has still not been reflected in my MF account. Customer service said they will get back to me but nothing till now. Fingers crossed.
Re: Mutual Funds by drdams: 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
haibe:
Its now 4 days since i did a top up on the stanbic online platform; the amount has still not been reflected in my MF account. Customer service said they will get back to me but nothing till now. Fingers crossed.

why I hate Stanbic. ll never happen with ARM

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
How much does Stanbic Ibtc Money Market Fund pays daily? Or monthly?
Re: Mutual Funds by lilmaydee(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2018
Same thing I experienced when I opened my mmf account with Stanbic IBTC. I did it on Monday, waited till Wednesday to call their customer care when I didn't hear from them, they promised to get back to me, waited again till Friday, no show, then I called them several times, same story. I kept calling until the lady in charge picked my call, I just requested for my details and hung up. I'm gonna close the account as soon as it matures. I can't be going through all that wahala. I thought they have good customer care service but I was wrong jawe.
Re: Mutual Funds by Kemade2007(f): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
haibe:

Maybe there's something wrong because I did online Top up yesterday in the morning and my account credited yesterday in the evening

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 3:54am On Jan 13, 2018
lilmaydee:
Same thing I experienced when I opened my mmf account with Stanbic IBTC. I did it on Monday, waited till Wednesday to call their customer care when I didn't hear from them, they promised to get back to me, waited again till Friday, no show, then I called them several times, same story. I kept calling until the lady in charge picked my call, I just requested for my details and hung up. I'm gonna close the account as soon as it matures. I can't be going through all that wahala. I thought they have good customer care service but I was wrong jawe.

Yea their customer care doesnt seem to be very good. Its scary to put a lot of funds in this account (which is what i have done and the money is no where to be found currently)
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 3:55am On Jan 13, 2018
Kemade2007:

Maybe there's something wrong because I did online Top up yesterday in the morning and my account credited yesterday in the evening
Good for you. I tried calling GT Bank to complain too, it might be the fault of the dispensing bank. But then they said for them to resolve anything it will take btw 5 - 8 working days. I just tire. I cant be doing all this wahala o.
Re: Mutual Funds by oseri(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2018
What I do for Stanbic money market, I simply use my GTB online platform to transfer fund to Stanbic MMF account and then print out the e-receipt. I then log into my stanbic MMF online account, and upload it as proof of payment. It has never failed me. Ensure u do this before 12pm otherwise it won't be given value that same day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 11:52am On Jan 13, 2018
Does anyone know if Stanbic MMF work on Saturday? What's the current rate??
Re: Mutual Funds by Kemade2007(f): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2018
haibe:
Good for you. I tried calling GT Bank to complain too, it might be the fault of the dispensing bank. But then they said for them to resolve anything it will take btw 5 - 8 working days. I just tire. I cant be doing all this wahala o.

Maybe that's the reason. Anyway I have an account with Stanbic so I used there account for the transaction
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
oseri:
What I do for Stanbic money market, I simply use my GTB online platform to transfer fund to Stanbic MMF account and then print out the e-receipt. I then log into my stanbic MMF online account, and upload it as proof of payment. It has never failed me. Ensure u do this before 12pm otherwise it won't be given value that same day

This is true. I started using this few weeks ago and it worked like magic. grin .. Just transfer the amount of MMF you want to buy to their account number and upload proof of payment in your fund account and there you go grin

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 2:04pm On Jan 13, 2018
Please guys how do you update the limit? as in Online Redemption Limit from 1,000,000.00 to any amount? It keep asking for ''Secret Question Quest'' and i was not given any secret question.
Re: Mutual Funds by Houstency(m): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by InvestorsMind: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
Houstency:

Visit stanbicibtcfundsmanagement.com,

You can only increase to not more than #2,500,000.

Thank you. Is the #2,500,000 a DAILY withdrawal limit or what?
Re: Mutual Funds by Houstency(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by drdams: 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2018
oseri:

ps share the account number and name and also email you send it to. let me give them the last life line ARM doing well..
Re: Mutual Funds by Kemade2007(f): 4:08am On Jan 14, 2018
drdams:

ps share the account number and name and also email you send it to. let me give them the last life line ARM doing well..

Please how was your experience with ARM. i'm interested in their aggressive growth
Re: Mutual Funds by oseri(m): 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2018
If u download the subscription form from their website, u should see the account number for all the funds...

Stanbic IBTC MMF: 9202476223
Stanbic IBTC GIF: 9202475343

These are the two funds I've subscribed to. I plan to add Balanced fund later this month

drdams:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by FrankTalk1: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2018
oseri:
If u download the subscription form from their website, u should see the account number for all the funds...

Stanbic IBTC MMF: 9202476223
Stanbic IBTC GIF: 9202475343

These are the two funds I've subscribed to. I plan to add Balanced fund later this month

I have also subscribed to MMF and plan to add GIF and other Equity funds to my portfolio. But I think there should be a percentage of one's investments that should be in each of the various funds for maximum returns and proper diversification. Pls who has a better idea of the percentage one's money that should be in these various funds?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2018
FrankTalk1:
I have also subscribed to MMF and plan to add GIF and other Equity funds to my portfolio. But I think there should be a percentage of one's investments that should be in each of the various funds for maximum returns and proper diversification. Pls who has a better idea of the percentage one's money that should be in these various funds?

Are you aware of the risk in Guaranteed Investment Fund?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2018
I don't think fbn is doing so well now. plz guys, which is better bw stanbic and ARM?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by FrankTalk1: 3:35am On Jan 15, 2018
dotcomnamename:

Are you aware of the risk in Guaranteed Investment Fund?
. I think there is no risk of capital loss in GIF. It's has more potential of capital growth than MMF due to its equity side. But may not be as rewarding as the balanced investment fund because the percentage of equity side is not as high as the BIF. But my concern is how one can effectively combine the various funds for maximum returns.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 8:07am On Jan 15, 2018
FrankTalk1:
. I think there is no risk of capital loss in GIF. It's has more potential of capital growth than MMF due to its equity side. But may not be as rewarding as the balanced investment fund because the percentage of equity side is not as high as the BIF. But my concern is how one can effectively combine the various funds for maximum returns.

What is BIF?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.