Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959993 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by afope: 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hello
I just invested 500k in Stanbic MMF. I am looking at their online trading platform, is it any good? how does it compare to Morgan?
Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
xcitedjay:

I log in on a daily basis to view my account. Also same day payment reflection/liquidation can be achieved if action is carried out early enough.

Thanks Xcitejay.

That sounds encouraging . I'll work towards doing business with them
Re: Mutual Funds by onyechimereze1: 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
please i will like to know if it's possible for someone to liquidate only the interest on MMF while leaving the initial investment?
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yes

[1quote author=yak post=65972636]

u did everything online?[/quote]
Re: Mutual Funds by Jessglam: 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
Please have they got an app?

elothaddi:
Yes

[1quote author=yak post=65972636]

u did everything online?
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 7:03am On Mar 20, 2018
Yes they do.

Jessglam:
Please have they got an app?

Re: Mutual Funds by xcitedjay(m): 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
onyechimereze1:
please i will like to know if it's possible for someone to liquidate only the interest on MMF while leaving the initial investment?

Don't think they allow that. Liquidation is usually done only on your investment or after interest have been credited to your initial investment.
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
Using the AXA Mansard app, I tried increasing my funds in my account only to notice an additional 1k ''transaction charge'" so I stopped and tried their website and there was no such charge. So my question is, do we always have these 'charges' when using the AXA Mansard app ?
Re: Mutual Funds by shegonchy(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2018
elothaddi:
Using the AXA Mansard app, I tried increasing my funds in my account only to notice an additional 1k ''transaction charge'" so I stopped and tried their website and there was no such charge. So my question is, do we always have these 'charges' when using the AXA Mansard app ?

I experienced the same thing some time ago. Since then I have opted for the online instead of the app.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2018
A snapshot of the spreadsheet is attached below.

Thoughts

– ARM does not compound until the interest realised is distributed at the end of a quarter (3 months). Stanbic compounds with the interest once a week, but only adds a small fraction of the realised interest for this purpose (circa 7%).

– There is a marked difference in actual interest accrued compared with the quoted effective yield. This is more pronounced for ARM.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2018
Thanks for your response.

shegonchy:

I experienced the same thing some time ago. Since then I have opted for the online instead of the app.
Re: Mutual Funds by enemarieal: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:
A snapshot of the spreadsheet is attached below.

Thoughts

– ARM does not compound until the interest realised is distributed at the end of a quarter (3 months). Stanbic compounds with the interest once a week, but only adds a small fraction of the realised interest for this purpose (circa 7%).

– There is a marked difference in actual interest accrued compared with the quoted effective yield. This is more pronounced for ARM.

Hi ImperialCovfefe,

Thank you for sharing this, i also noticed this with axa mansard, for the period i checked there is a difference of >= 0.30% between percentage yield as stated on the site and what was actually used for interest computation.

This is worrisome, i wonder if there is an explanation for this or bad practice by these asset managers.

PS: thanks everyone for posts shared, i bet this posts have helped many in making informed decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 4:32am On Mar 24, 2018
Stanbicibtc website not showing the green "secured connection" logo.

Are we actually safe or some people are trying to tamper with the site

Re: Mutual Funds by amaham(m): 7:31am On Mar 24, 2018
kaze4blues:
Stanbicibtc website not showing the green "secured connection" logo.

Are we actually safe or some people are trying to tamper with the site
I will try a re-login, if it didnot give a padlock sign , i will check later.
Re: Mutual Funds by solazo: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hello house, how do i top up my Stanbic MMF from the App?
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2018
haibe:
Hi guys.

So stanbic has rectified my issue. I have received the value . In their mail to me, it read: Please be informed that this has been rectified and you have been given value as at 09 January 2018. The transaction date is 06 February, 2018 but the value was as at 09 January 2018. does this mean all my interests from 9 Jan is included? If yes, is there an estimate of what this interest would amount to? The principal is 450,000.

I am asking because i cant see any interest in the fund.

Thanks

I am so happy that your issue was resolved... I was following your case and silently prayed for you.
Such 'affliction' will never rise again....

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by xcitedjay(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
My problem with Stanbic is that they take too much time in resolving issues. Time is money.
Re: Mutual Funds by gagzee(m): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
awesomeJ:
Stanbic's yield today inched up to 14.95%. I pray it stays well above 15 in the days to come.
Hello,
please this mutual funds thing, is the interest daily or montly?
thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by awesomeJ(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
gagzee:

Hello,
please this mutual funds thing, is the interest daily or montly?
thanks.
The interest rate is per annum.
But the interest accrues daily.

For instance, if you put 1m,
At 14.4%, your interest for a year would be 144,000, ignoring the compounding effect.

On a daily basis, you'd earn about #400.00 as interest.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by awesomeJ(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
afope:
Hello
I just invested 500k in Stanbic MMF. I am looking at their online trading platform, is it any good? how does it compare to Morgan?
Theirs isn't a trading platform really.

Actually Stanbic's MMF and Morgan's iTRADE, are not comparable vehicles.

But, from my own experience, both platforms are great.
Re: Mutual Funds by gagzee(m): 7:45am On Mar 26, 2018
awesomeJ:

The interest rate is per annum.
But the interest accrues daily.

For instance, if you put 1m,
At 14.4%, your interest for a year would be 144,000, ignoring the compounding effect.

On a daily basis, you'd earn about #400.00 as interest.
oh, thanks alot
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2018
awesomeJ:
Theirs isn't a trading platform really.
Actually Stanbic's MMF and Morgan's iTRADE, are not comparable vehicles.
But, from my own experience, both platforms are great.
Please Bro,does SIBTC still issue certificate when you invest in their MMF?
Re: Mutual Funds by awesomeJ(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2018
eezeribe:

Please Bro,does SIBTC still issue certificate when you invest in their MMF?
Yes sir.

But it's an e-certificate in PDF.

You may however print it to obtain a hard copy.
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2018
awesomeJ:
Yes sir.
OK,thanks very much for your quick response...
Re: Mutual Funds by Emmy2018: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello House,
Please i need the house to throw more light on FBN, Eurobound Dollar, investment. Please how does it work, is it a good investment.

Waiting for your answer.

TIA

Guys, please i need your advice. Has anyone done FBN, Eurobound Dollar investment? Please shade more light to me on how it goes.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ademat7(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
xcitedjay:
My problem with Stanbic is that they take too much time in resolving issues. Time is money.
Reason why I opt for Axa mansard, timely response is important
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
awesomeJ:

Yes sir.

Please Bro,if someone wants to invest in SIBTC MMF physically and doesn't have an account in stanbic IBTC;how will the funds be transferred?
cc:xcitedjay
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
eezeribe:

Please Bro,if someone wants to invest in SIBTC MMF physically and doesn't have an account in stanbic IBTC;how will the funds be transferred?
cc:xcitedjay
When i invested in stanbic mmf, after filling the forms there was an account number I transfered the money into. Sent the transfer receipt to the email of the person in charge who printed it and attached it to my forms.
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2018
Flaj:

When i invested in stanbic mmf, after filling the forms there was an account number I transfered the money into. Sent the transfer receipt to the email of the person in charge who printed it and attached it to my forms.
OK thanks very much...
Re: Mutual Funds by collinkz: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2018
I subscribed to stanbic ibtc money market with 100k about two weeks ago, my subscription was activated last Friday, I logged in today and saw 119 Naira as interest. I don't have to check if this is for the two weeks or just for some days

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.