Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? (9341 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Moderators Why Did You Remove My Second Topic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2008
Hello,

Perhaps there are some married men or women who sometimes remove their wedding rings at work or during outings. My questions are:
- When and where do you remove the ring?
- Why do you do it?
- Does your husband/wife know about this?
-the ring should be removed in d house,maybe wen one wants to sleep or take their baths
-we do it because we want to sleep and i dont want disturbance
-yes,cos he sees it wen i place it very close to d lamp stand
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Tattooboy: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2008
ya
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by romeo(m): 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2008
I do not like rings, necklaces, earrings or bangles. they irritate me if i have them on and i am sure i will remove my wedding ring immediately after wedding
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Dreloaded(f): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2008
excuses upon excuses.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by romeo(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2008
na you i wan marry? tongue
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Dreloaded(f): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2008
it's men like you why Igbo men have that "they marry old" stereotype tongue
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by romeo(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

it's men like you why Igbo men have that "they marry old" stereotype tongue

Dey there dey think we be mate!! you be mama for my side ohh tongue
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Dreloaded(f): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2008
your side na pedophiles grin
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by 4Play(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2008
romeo:

I do not like rings, necklaces, earrings or bangles. they irritate me if i have them on and i am sure i will remove my wedding ring immediately after wedding

So this thing no be only me. . .merely seeing them can give me cold chills.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Dreloaded(f): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2008
look at these fake people. grin

"yes dear, Im not putting away my ring cos i wanna go out and look availible to female vultures, it's only cos "jeweleries irritates me"

WHO ARE YOU FOOLING?
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by romeo(m): 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

your side na pedophiles grin

God forbid you abuse me at all cheesy

4 Play:

So this thing no be only me. . .merely seeing them can give me cold chills.

My brother the thing tire me
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by 4Play(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2008
Everyone who knows me,whether family or friends,knows I have "issues" with jewelry coupled with koumpounophobia. grin Not trying to fool anyone. grin

Its not like as if those who wear wedding rings regularly don't cheat.

romeo:

My brother the thing tire me

They don't understand. . .can't blame them. grin
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by 4Him1(m): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2008
nothing wrong with a little jewelry.
I will definitely wear my ring at all times . . . its a sign you're not up for grabs by just about anyone.

Men who remove their rings do so for ulterior motives. grin
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by uspry1(f): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2008
Only remove your wedding ring as follow below:

1.) if pregnant or gain weight, finger tends swollen later time.

2.) doing wash dishes or housechore furniture cleaner cleaning dust/dirty off.

3.) going to the hospital for surgery, x-ray, etc. (hospital will not responsible for any jewelry stolen in hospital rooms)

4.) doing outside garden to plant flowers. (some do bare hands, eeewwwwkkk, i rather gloves)

5.) taking shower/bath. (some don't)

6.) if married person is widower or suddenly death, remove wedding ring permanently. Very few widower won't remove.

7.) playing harsh sport games (American basketball, hockey, horse-racing, boxing, football, wrestling, motorcycle-racing)

8.) Some churches forbid wearing wedding/engaged ring as well as jewelry on choir performance. Distraction to congregations (that's weird).

9.) Some has allergy to nickel metal and gold/silver that cause them irritating finger rash. Cannot wear any jewelry.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Imani(f): 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
Thank you 4Him for spoiling the other guys "runs" cheesy

What can be so difficult about wearing a simple ring? You guys wear chains, "blings", and watches all the time, yet a ring that is merely symbolic is a challenge or it seems some people are still interested in playing the field by the side.

Ok, seriously, if there are medical or work related issues not to wear a ring, that is fine. But there must be understanding between both parties.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Dreloaded(f): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2008
Im pretty sure 4Play and romeo own watches. Bloody liars! angry

Its not like as if those who wear wedding rings regularly don't cheat

That's the pioint. They REMOVE IT.

Women that care can tell by the marks. Whores can tell tell but usually dont care.

Reason you fake "oh jewelery irritates me" liars dont wanna keep it on so the mark wont be made ABI? Yoru secret is out jare! grin
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by 4Play(m): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2008
Imani:

Thank you 4Him for spoiling the other guys "runs" cheesy

What can be so difficult about wearing a simple ring? You guys wear chains, "blings", and watches all the time, yet a ring that is merely symbolic is a challenge or it seems some people are still interested in playing the field by the side.

Ok, seriously, if there are medical or work related issues not to wear a ring, that is fine. But there must be understanding between both parties.

I don't wear metal watches and have never worn jewelry.Its a real problem,we deserve understanding and not condemnation. sad
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2008
nothing wrong with a little jewelry.
I will definitely wear my ring at all times . . . its a sign you're not up for grabs by just about anyone.

Men who remove their rings do so for ulterior motives.

PREACH IT TO THEM MEN LIKE *romeo and 4play*
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by romeo(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2008
4 Play:

I don't wear metal watches [/b]and have never worn jewelry.Its a real problem,we deserve understanding and not condemnation. sad

Boy we share a lot in common!! i hate metal watches and jewelry.

I can still cheat with a ring in my finger if i am a [b]cheater
because babes don't even mind rings anymore
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Imani(f): 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2008
Romeo and 4play,

You guys just like deceiving yourselves right? grin. So if you guys don't like metal, what about "plastic" or other ring types? How would you compensate the woman? You want her to just take your word for it?

What do you guys say if your prospective wives also have "problems" with metal rings, do you mind them going around ringless? If you don't, then that would be fantastic. Don't you think?
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by romeo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2008
That plastic ring is another option though and I'd never thought about that, My woman can easily remove her ring when i am not with her if she wishes so
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Zandra1(f): 2:06am On Apr 26, 2008
My husband loves wearing his ring and he started wearing a ring on his wedding finger even before we were engaged . Heck, he was telling people we were married before we did cheesy cheesy. Anyways, I don't usually wear my ring but I try to wear it when I go out. I hardly wear it at home. He loves for me to wear it though and am trying to learn to stop taking it off ma cute finger cheesy.

At times, the irony about this issue is that some guys will pursue u the more when they see that ure married. Quite pathetic.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by spoilt(f): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2008
My husbands wedding band has never left his finger. It is embedded there. grin

I on the other hand have to take mine off sometimes depending on the weather. sometimes it gets so tight and other times its so loose it may fall off.
I like to wear it though. To stave off the demented peverts . Not that it stops them from making their move.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by rasputinn(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2008
only for safety reasons or when it begins to hurt
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2008
Geez I don't like rings, it's more like bondage lipsrsealed
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by chisimdi(f): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
i only wear mine wen my hubby is wearing his.(do mi i do u man no go vex)
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
i only wear mine when my hubby is wearing his

rofl,i like ur style o jare,d guy im sure will be putting on his own,cos im sure he cant stand ur not wearing urs wink*u don teach me tactics* wink
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by yinkuso08: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2008
Married for 4 years now, my husband never wears a ring, as a matter of fact, we didn't even shop for one for our wedding ceremony cos I knew he would never wear it. He does not wear any type of jewelry at all and so does his father. I think he has only bought 1 watch in his entire life and he is 34. He says he can use his cell phone to check out the time. It really does not matter to me. Some people cheat with or without the ring so it's not a guarantee. It would actually hurt me more if he we bought the ring and he only put it on when i was there and off when he was about socializing.

I actually bought him a gold and silver watch he can wear to church or outings which I have to physically hand it to him to put on. I don't see any need to request that he wears a ring. It's a matter of what you can take from your spouse (and that is one of them for me), there are other battles a marriage encounters and that will not be one I will waste my time over. As for me, i wear my 2karat diamond proudly which is enough to pay for both mine and his (if he had one). As a matter of fact, i noticed there are lots of ladies who actually prefer married men to single ones hence the go after the ringed men. That aside, it was never an issue and I personally wear enough jewelry for 2 so it makes up for it, lol wink
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2010
Old thread, but still:

My ring's never left my wedding finger, neither has my wifes. That's where they'll remain. I'm an automobile engineer, and my wedding ring doesn't impede my work. Even when Mrs. Siena was pregnant, hers stayed on.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by chukz4real(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
Don't like sleeping with ring, Woke up one morning and hurriedly left for work without noticing it wasn't on my finger, a security lady in my company noticed and yelled; "Married man!" gazing at my left hand. Ops!
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by Agybabe(f): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2011
Although i'm nt yet married, Y must i not wear my wedding ring? Even if i dnt wanna wear it on my fourth finger, wat stops me 4rm wearing on other fingers lyk fashion especially wen it gets tight on d 4th finger i cn put it on d little finger.
Re: You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? by oln: 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Chisimdi:We are birds of a feather.My hubby recently stopped wearing his cos he lost weight&its very loose.In accordance,I stopped wearing mine cos I put on weight&its too tight

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are U Planning A Family Soon:: I 've What U Want! / Husband And Wife Issue / 7 Signs To Know The Secret Enemies In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.