Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! (1626 Views)

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me / How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview / How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
please, tell me all i neeed to know and do to land this job.
i am going for a CREDIT OFFICER.
Please mods frontpage this to help me get this job, thank you
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by thankyouJesus(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Answer this first.
Who is a credit officer?
What are the functions of a credit officer?
Why do you want to be a credit officer instead of working in an oil and gas industries?
Apart from your certificate what other skills do you possess?
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
you want me to answer them here?
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
please mods, frontpage
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by MissIndependent(f): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Preciousgirl: you want me to answer them here?
Those are the questions you are likely gonna be asked girl. Others are;

1) What do you hope to achieve after working here?

2) Where do you see yourself in five years time?

3) What is your salary range?

4) Before coming here did you make any research online about xyz company? If yes, tell us what you found out (mind you they are asking you about xyz company).

5) Some silly H R may ask you the normal question what are your strong or weak points? While some may go practical...

The most important thing you need is to dress smart, be very confident and have it at the back of your mind that they are not better than you...

To be continued...........
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
MissIndependent: Those are the questions you are likely gonna be asked girl. Others are;

1) What do you hope to achieve after working here?

2) Where do you see yourself in five years time?

3) What is your salary range?

4) Before coming here did you make any research online about xyz company? If yes, tell us what you found out (mind you they are asking you about xyz company).

5) Some silly H R may ask you the normal question what are your strong or weak points? While some may go practical...

To be continued...........

please can you gist me on how to tackle the above questions, especially salary range??
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by victorVIC1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
victorVIC1: Go through ds thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1844151/mistakes-dat-ive-made-job

Thank me later

seen cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
There are over a thousand possible questions you could be asked. Just do you home work. Know what the job entails and why you want to do it.
Be yourself, smile and put on your "SMART" Gear. You'll do incredibly fine smiley
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by victorVIC1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Preciousgirl:

seen cool
wish u d very best
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by MissIndependent(f): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Preciousgirl:

please can you gist me on how to tackle the above questions, especially salary range??
you can answer this way;

"I believe you already have a structured salary range for this position pay me according to the range."

If the salary range is 5 thousand Naira Monthly, you don enter gbege lol.

Some will insist you mention a range sha. Most interview I have been to always insist I mention a range. If they insist, you can then mention a range if you don't know the salary range for that post, just be lucky what you mentioned tally with their's. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by kudoxs(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Preciousgirl: please mods, frontpage
front page ko, back page ni
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by hurpeyeahme(f): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Preciousgirl: please mods, frontpage
lol there's no need 4front page.∂ posters here ve said ∂ likeable questions Ʊ will be asked.be smart n ve confidence in urslf.GOODLUCK
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by DeanOlamide(m): 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Am very Surprise nobody don ask?

How Did u apply?

When Is the interview?

What is the venue?

Can I gatecrash?

Thank God cos e be like say those set of people don sleep......... Hehehehehhehe anyway from my guess this should be A micro-finance coy...... If it is I will only add to what they have told u before which are most questions u will see................. Know that Coy very well, I mean very well if its micro-finance......

Goodluck........
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by chyna4luv: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Preciousgirl: please, tell me all i neeed to know and do to land this job.
i am going for a CREDIT OFFICER.

Hi Dear, Congratulations!
People have contributed so well but i want to add to what they have said so far based on my little experience.

1. Know your CV very well.
2. Is your discipline different from the role you are called for? If yes, then be ready to know the reason(s) why you prefer other discipline to your core discipline.
3. Try to findout what they pay their credit officer, so that you wouldn't quote a wrong salary range to them thereby leading to being short paid. It has happened to me before and I was short paid. 'de tin pain me eh'.
N.B. If you were forced to qoute salary range, make sure you quote rightly. If otherwise, you don't need to quote just follow the procedure others gave you here on the salary expectation.
4. Don't talk too much. Finally,
5. Ask question if you were given a chance to do so.If otherwise, keep quiet and let the scene end like that.

Goodluck!
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by boneruns(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Make sure you understand the 5Cs of lending.
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2014
boneruns: Make sure you understand the 5Cs of lending.

what are they??
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by boneruns(m): 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Preciousgirl:

what are they??

Character, Capacity, Collateral, Capital, Condition.

Character is the most important.

Google for more understanding
Re: I Am Attending A Job Interview Next Week, Advise Me!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Make sure you know something about the coy.
Prepare an intelligent question to ask them cos they will always ask if you have any question for them. Never say no.

(1) (Reply)

. / Current IITA Recruitment December / Urgent Vacancies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.