Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,685 members, 7,844,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy (5698 Views)

Giant 3 Gsd Male Pups Avaliable, Including A Blue Eyes One 08104102662 / Just 1 Caucasian male puppy left / Diary Of A Gsd Owner (gotten At 9 Months) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
emmyvet:
Lol funny you!

And you think is not possible If seun is into politics he can be that oo.
possible you say,man he has a long way to go not even in his widest dream...
well m not doubting his capability sha..
nobody knws tomoro..
me thibkin of being a president though wink grin grin
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mckandre: your call ni
correct dog,
buh i at tymes wonder what the different between ur GSD and a foreign one like in the US,
they say to get a pure one is rare to find here,and the price amount to like 90k nd above,meanwhile a naija GSD cost 25k nd above..
the way i see it,they all look the same both naija nd foreign ones,
so what likely to be the different between those two breed since they are rare to find 1000% pure breed?
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by Mckandre(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
kuzee:
correct dog,
buh i at tymes wonder what the different between ur GSD and a foreign one like in the US,
they say to get a pure one is rare to find here,and the price amount to like 90k nd above,meanwhile a naija GSD cost 25k nd above..
the way i see it,they all look the same both naija nd foreign ones,
so what likely to be the different between those two breed since they are rare to find 1000% pure breed?
the difference is; choice and appeal, you might decide to import yours( the so called foreign breeds), while I might decide to get mine here in Nigeria. yours will be more expensive and its likely you will get a pure pedigree bloodline.
Here in Nigeria, it's kinda hard to come by the true ones. you might see what looks like a pure gsd, but it will turn out to be a mutt because there's presence of impure breed (mongrel) in its generation.
The pricing altogether is a different ball game.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
kuzee:
have seen the pix of both parent,dnt have the right to upload it,the parent looks so pure so my liking..
podegee can yu plz upload them if you dnt mind

Don't base your judgments on just pictures. Nothing stops you from going over to check on the dam and sire at their kennel. If you really want the pup, then you should go pick him up in his home and don't wait for someone to send the pup over to you. A word is enough!!!
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
emmyvet:

Lol I will go for the straight guys because they are better in security, and are the main working Guys but the slant are the show guys

I oppose you on that bro. There's this trend in Nigeria presently which I want us to look into. No doubt the straight back GSDs are good as guard dogs, slant backs too are extremely better as guard dogs cos of many added attributes. One of this attributes is the strength which their hind limbs possess. The reason for picking a slantback GSD over a straightback is the same reason the army will reject a new entrant with a flat foot. Hope you get my point. The slants have better and sharper reflexes, they leap and have a higher jump power than the straightbacks. Has anyone bothered to ask why they use slantback GSDs and dobbermanns for crime control in and outside the country, especially in the STATES? Their only shortcoming is that they're prone to several bone disorders such as hips dysplasia, developmental dislocation, panosteitis, degenerative myelopathy amongst other spinal and joint probs. I still remain a fan of the slantbacks, but that doesn't mean the straightbacks are left out. The straightbacks too have their advantages, they tend to have a higher life span, they have a higher productivity, they are very good working dogs, amongst several other attributes.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by emmyvet(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
arcbay:

I oppose you on that bro. There's this trend in Nigeria presently which I want us to look into. No doubt the straight back GSDs are good as guard dogs, slant backs too are extremely better as guard dogs cos of many added attributes. One of this attributes is the strength which their hind limbs possess. The reason for picking a slantback GSD over a straightback is the same reason the army will reject a new entrant with a flat foot. Hope you get my point. The slants have better and sharper reflexes, they leap and have a higher jump power than the straightbacks. Has anyone bothered to ask why they use slantback GSDs and dobbermanns for crime control in and outside the country, especially in the STATES? Their only shortcoming is that they're prone to several bone disorders such as hips dysplasia, developmental dislocation, panosteitis, degenerative myelopathy amongst other spinal and joint probs. I still remain a fan of the slantbacks, but that doesn't mean the straightbacks are left out. The straightbacks too have their advantages, they tend to have a higher life span, they have a higher productivity, they are very good working dogs, amongst several other attributes.

That's good sir!
But do you wonder why they are referred to as the show dog type and the straight guys are the working guys?
Read about the slant back GSDs history.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by emmyvet(m): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
kuzee:
possible you say,man he has a long way to go not even in his widest dream...
well m not doubting his capability sha..
nobody knws tomoro..
me thibkin of being a president though wink grin grin
Even if he is not into politics yet but he is a great Nigerian and nobody knows tomorrow he might ....
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by Eveezy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
arcbay:

Boss abeg do ur research well, the gsd re of 2 types which is the showline and working line, the showline german shepherds have slant backs and are used for shows and the working line has straight back which are used 4 guard, herding, and so many oda puroses. And also to correct u, they dnt nd I dnt tink dey ve eva used a slant back in d crime force, do ur research well, any dogs that I ve known to be used in the crime force has always been the straight bk which is the original breed of the GSD founded by Max Von Stehanitz. The slant back was recently developed. What most pppeopple dnt knw is that even among dis two types of GSDs, there re still oda variations among those two, the working line re divided into two which is the German working line and the American working line, the german working line re more huge, stockier and heavy compared to the American working line. And also the showlines are also divide into two the German showline which has a roach bk as it slopes downward I.e there is a particular place dt forms a roach b4 it slopes downward, and finally the american showline which has a more steeper slope. I am going to attach a pics to differentiate btw d german showline and american showline. And lastly they are called showlines for a reason and nt working lines, a slantback shouldn't be allowed to jum as mush as a straight bk would, it kills dem slowly or what do u tink causes hips displasia? Leave the work for the straight back, anyone using his or her slant bk 4 security is stressing the dog, it was bred 4 its looks

Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
arcbay:

that really good,you really know so much about dog,
the fact is that i cant condescend to slant back coz of the problem they likely face.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
oga seuj you be expert on dog too,
plz share yur thought nd ideas on both slant ans straight back..
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by Prodeegee(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mckandre: your call ni

nice dog...thumbs up.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mckandre: the difference is; choice and appeal, you might decide to import yours( the so called foreign breeds), while I might decide to get mine here in Nigeria. yours will be more expensive and its likely you will get a pure pedigree bloodline.
Here in Nigeria, it's kinda hard to come by the true ones. you might see what looks like a pure gsd, but it will turn out to be a mutt because there's presence of impure breed (mongrel) in its generation.
The pricing altogether is a different ball game.
yea...the mongrel is the likely cause of it all
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Eveezy:
Boss abeg do ur research well, the gsd re of 2 types which is the showline and working line, the showline german shepherds have slant backs and are used for shows and the working line has straight back which are used 4 guard, herding, and so many oda puroses. And also to correct u, they dnt nd I dnt tink dey ve eva used a slant back in d crime force, do ur research well, any dogs that I ve known to be used in the crime force has always been the straight bk which is the original breed of the GSD founded by Max Von Stehanitz. The slant back was recently developed. What most pppeopple dnt knw is that even among dis two types of GSDs, there re still oda variations among those two, the working line re divided into two which is the German working line and the American working line, the german working line re more huge, stockier and heavy compared to the American working line. And also the showlines are also divide into two the German showline which has a roach bk as it slopes downward I.e there is a particular place dt forms a roach b4 it slopes downward, and finally the american showline which has a more steeper slope. I am going to attach a pics to differentiate btw d german showline and american showline. And lastly they are called showlines for a reason and nt working lines, a slantback shouldn't be allowed to jum as mush as a straight bk would, it kills dem slowly or what do u tink causes hips displasia? Leave the work for the straight back, anyone using his or her slant bk 4 security is stressing the dog, it was bred 4 its looks
mehn gsd re something else,so many different types,i didnt even know myself...
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2014
Eveezy:

I laugh in Spanish. My guy, what I just revealed is something I've confirmed practically, not some stuff I read up over the internet. Some write-ups might be misleading sometimes cos you might mis-quote or misunderstand the true intent of the write-up. I'll take time to lecture you on this. There's a whole lot of difference between a pet being a showdog and another being a working dog. The term "working dogs" doesn't necessarily mean the dogs are best in being guard dogs. It only means the dog is in his natural state which he was created to be, meaning it has the natural attributes of the particular breed standard. The straightbacks were coined working dogs cos they were used in herd and livestock protection in ancient times. As years rolled by, several questions prompted breeders to come up with modifications in breed standards. Modifications in the working and conformational line without any damage to the integrity of the breed quality. This led to the origination of the slantbacks. A pet being a "showdog" doesn't necessarily mean it was bred to prance around a show ring. It only means several modifications have been made to the breed standard, which might be in guard instincts, reflexes, poise, agility, aggression, etc. I cam go on all day explaining all these to you, but I wouldn't wanna bore you. I still insist that straightbacks are good in their respects but several modification has led people to choose slants over straights. Attached are pictures of the working slantbacks. So Please Mr. Eveezy, i'm no novice in this game, u need a lot of research to do, afterwhich you can come back and argue it out.

Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by chucky234(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2014
kuzee:
that really good,you really know so much about dog,
the fact is that i cant condescend to slant back coz of the problem they likely face.
lol that dude knows next to nothing about GSD, imagine him telling us that slant back are better guard dogs than the straight back GSD.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2014
emmyvet:

That's good sir!
But do you wonder why they are referred to as the show dog type and the straight guys are the working guys?
Read about the slant back GSDs history.

Nice Question...but I think you're the one who needs to do the research. Like I explained in my earlier post, modifications were made to the working bloodline of the straightbacks. This led to the origin of the slantbacks, whose attributes, capabilities and features were always shown off to people. Any breed that is modified could be be a showdog, that doesn't mean the modified breed is useless. The only reason most breeders in Nigeria criticize slantbacks is just because they wanna protect the Straightback market. They don't want the slants monopolizing the Nigerian dog market. I still stand my ground, the only reason I would choose the straightback over a slant is just because of the bone disorders, which could even be well managed in the hands of experts.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2014
chucky234: lol that dude knows next to nothing about GSD, imagine him telling us that slant back are better guard dogs than the straight back GSD.

Hmmm, are you taking this personal? Learning never ends, and the moment you start learning, the better. I can see you are a high class novice. I'll just pretend like I didn't read your last post, kind of insultive don't u think? If you know so much, why not take us through this lecture then. That's one thing I hate about Nigerian breeders, they will refuse to accept the fact just because its not in their favour and they will go any length to mislead people just to increase their market share. Mr "know-all", if someone ws to dash you a slantback, no be say you go jump collect am? you don ever breed slantback ever in your life? I'm sure you breed top quality mongrel, you can prove me wrong and upload pictures of ur pet.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by chucky234(m): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2014
arcbay:

Hmmm, are you taking this personal? Learning never ends, and the moment you start learning, the better. I can see you are a high class novice. I'll just pretend like I didn't read your last post, kind of insultive don't u think? If you know so much, why not take us through this lecture then. That's one thing I hate about Nigerian breeders, they will refuse to accept the fact just because its not in their favour and they will go any length to mislead people just to increase their market share. Mr "know-all", if someone ws to dash you a slantback, no be say you go jump collect am? you don ever breed slantback ever in your life? I'm sure you breed top quality mongrel, you can prove me wrong and upload pictures of ur pet.
Oh my God, you are way dumber than I gave you credit for, where in the world did you get the feeling that I'm a breeder.
I'm a dog lover bro, owned my first dog in 1988 and have sinced owned various other dogs before you dream of getting your first bingo.
It may also interest you to know that GSD is not in the list of my favourite breed, there is no need for me to deceive anyone getting a GSD other than tell them the truth about the breed.
Caucasian, Pyrenee, Kuvazs, Kangal and Siberian Husky are my top 5.
Dog breed standard describe the mental and physical characteristics that allow each breed to perform the function
for which they were
originated. The
standard describes the
dog's looks, movement
and temperament.

The dog needs to
perform a function
assisted by good
mental and physical
characteristics. For GSDs this includes their gait/run. The function of a GSD is to run smoothly and quickly for herding purposes. Slant GSDs have an extreme slop in the back which hinders them from running smoothly and quickly.
The other side states that the extreme sloping hinders the gait/run with wobbliness and
displacement of the
hind feet.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by Eveezy(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2014
arcbay:

I laugh in Spanish. My guy, what I just revealed is something I've confirmed practically, not some stuff I read up over the internet. Some write-ups might be misleading sometimes cos you might mis-quote or misunderstand the true intent of the write-up. I'll take time to lecture you on this. There's a whole lot of difference between a pet being a showdog and another being a working dog. The term "working dogs" doesn't necessarily mean the dogs are best in being guard dogs. It only means the dog is in his natural state which he was created to be, meaning it has the natural attributes of the particular breed standard. The straightbacks were coined working dogs cos they were used in herd and livestock protection in ancient times. As years rolled by, several questions prompted breeders to come up with modifications in breed standards. Modifications in the working and conformational line without any damage to the integrity of the breed quality. This led to the origination of the slantbacks. A pet being a "showdog" doesn't necessarily mean it was bred to prance around a show ring. It only means several modifications have been made to the breed standard, which might be in guard instincts, reflexes, poise, agility, aggression, etc. I cam go on all day explaining all these to you, but I wouldn't wanna bore you. I still insist that straightbacks are good in their respects but several modification has led people to choose slants over straights. Attached are pictures of the working slantbacks. So Please Mr. Eveezy, i'm no novice in this game, u need a lot of research to do, afterwhich you can come back and argue it out.
So, the bone disorders u speak of does it make it a better guard dog? Or make it less? GSD I knw re naturally protective animals, bth the slant nd straight. No doubt sum modifications were made nd with what I can see frm d pics u uploaded, those re the german showline, the Germans still try to maintain the temperament of their dogs unlike the americans which re more calm. You can't say someone is a good security man when he has limitations like the slant bk they ve limitations as a result of their build u, I will still say this u can't make a slant back jump as much as a straight bk because there culd be allot of complications jst like the bone disorders u re aware of. A sickle cell person culd hav all d knowledge nd build up to be a bouncer bt its nt advicable because they ve limitations nd cnt be beta wen it cums to physicall activity same as the slant u cnt make a slant back do all the works of a straight bk if u rily care 4 d dog bt a straight bk will do all d work of a slant, so which is beta? The german working line ve a more high energy drive dan their showline wit a even tempperament, no doubt u knw allot abt dogs bt my only arguement is that in generalizing which of the two is beta for working purpose? No doubt they culd be bt good nd ve advantages bt to me nd to my level of knowledge abt gsd, the straight bk re a beta working dog dan any showline culd eva be,probably u may knw more dan I do, I ve no arguements abt it bt abeg wats the use of a paralysed man with good senses against a strongly built man in a wrestling match?
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2014
chucky234: Oh my God, you are way dumber than I gave you credit for, where in the world did you get the feeling that I'm a breeder.
I'm a dog lover bro, owned my first dog in 1988 and have sinced owned various other dogs before you dream of getting your first bingo.
It may also interest you to know that GSD is not in the list of my favourite breed, there is no need for me to deceive anyone getting a GSD other than tell them the truth about the breed.

You know what? Bowing to a dwarf doesn't make him any taller than you, it only shows how mature u are. I'll just pretend I didn't read all your post cos I gat no time for lowlifes and retards like you. I'll be ranked in your foolishness if I give replies to any subsequent post from you. I wish there was some ways NL can screen people's brains before allowing them post comments here. Emmyvet commented on my write-up, you had no better thing to say than to comment rubbish. Pls if you gat no sense to share, you better shut that trap of yours. If only you know better, i've been into breeding longer than I can remember, sure you were still a suckling then. I believe we should come together and learn, cos learning never ends. I'll stop at nothing to pick up every new idea I can gather on NL and that has helped me a lot in every spheres of life. If you don't wanna learn or add value to others, then get your senseless self off here.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by emmyvet(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2014
arcbay:

Nice Question...but I think you're the one who needs to do the research. Like I explained in my earlier post, modifications were made to the working bloodline of the straightbacks. This led to the origin of the slantbacks, whose attributes, capabilities and features were always shown off to people. Any breed that is modified could be be a showdog, that doesn't mean the modified breed is useless. The only reason most breeders in Nigeria criticize slantbacks is just because they wanna protect the Straightback market. They don't want the slants monopolizing the Nigerian dog market. I still stand my ground, the only reason I would choose the straightback over a slant is just because of the bone disorders, which could even be well managed in the hands of experts.

Good!
You know we keep on learning everyday?
Read this»» http://german-shepherds.deviantart.com/journal/Straight-Back-vs-Slanted-Back-323098303
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by emmyvet(m): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2014
Please rule»» 2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
Please let's maintain order in this thread no insults!
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2014
Eveezy:
So, the bone disorders u speak of does it make it a better guard dog? Or make it less? GSD I knw re naturally protective animals, bth the slant nd straight. No doubt sum modifications were made nd with what I can see frm d pics u uploaded, those re the german showline, the Germans still try to maintain the temperament of their dogs unlike the americans which re more calm. You can't say someone is a good security man when he has limitations like the slant bk they ve limitations as a result of their build u, I will still say this u can't make a slant back jump as much as a straight bk because there culd be allot of complications jst like the bone disorders u re aware of. A sickle cell person culd hav all d knowledge nd build up to be a bouncer bt its nt advicable because they ve limitations nd cnt be beta wen it cums to physicall activity same as the slant u cnt make a slant back do all the works of a straight bk if u rily care 4 d dog bt a straight bk will do all d work of a slant, so which is beta? The german working line ve a more high energy drive dan their showline wit a even tempperament, no doubt u knw allot abt dogs bt my only arguement is that in generalizing which of the two is beta for working purpose? No doubt they culd be bt good nd ve advantages bt to me nd to my level of knowledge abt gsd, the straight bk re a beta working dog dan any showline culd eva be,probably u may knw more dan I do, I ve no arguements abt it bt abeg wats the use of a paralysed man with good senses against a strongly built man in a wrestling match?

You have a point pal. I'll ask a question, no offense intended please. Have you ever walked a slantback GSD? Due to their build and physique, They have a "high-energy pull". Much of their weight is concentrated in their chest region, with the "push" coming in from the hind legs. I'll ask further questions...Ever been on a basketball team? If yes, ever wondered why ballers who have a higher jump power are those who can leap on their toes. Also, have you ever wondered why the army rejects people with a flat feet? Ever wondered why the best sprinters are those who run on toe tips? My point is this...The orientation of the limbs of the slantback makes them a better sprinter. In a way, they also have sharper reflexes, they are also more alert cos they seem to be on edge all the time unlike being in the "relaxed" physique. I've been breeding for a long while, bred several slants and straightbacks and I'm telling you this from my personal experiences. Being an animal behaviorist too, I was able to decipher all the puzzled questions that I ran across all thru my career with the canines. I still maintain that their only shortcoming is the bone disorders all of which can be managed if properly handled. It is not only the slantback GSDs that are liable to bone diseases, what about the likes of the neopolitan mastiff, bullmastiff and co? But that won't stop people from wanting to own them, and several drugs have been developed to control these defects.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by chucky234(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2014
arcbay:

You know what? Bowing to a dwarf doesn't make him any taller than you, it only shows how mature u are. I'll just pretend I didn't read all your post cos I gat no time for lowlifes and retards like you. I'll be ranked in your foolishness if I give replies to any subsequent post from you. I wish there was some ways NL can screen people's brains before allowing them post comments here. Emmyvet commented on my write-up, you had no better thing to say than to comment rubbish. Pls if you gat no sense to share, you better shut that trap of yours. If only you know better, i've been into breeding longer than I can remember, sure you were still a suckling then. I believe we should come together and learn, cos learning never ends. I'll stop at nothing to pick up every new idea I can gather on NL and that has helped me a lot in every spheres of life. If you don't wanna learn or add value to others, then get your senseless self off here.
You've been into breeding longer than you can remember?
What a brainless circus clod, learn before coming out here to feed people with wrong breed info not after.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by arcbay(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2014
emmyvet:

Good!
You know we keep on learning everyday?
Read this»» http://german-shepherds.deviantart.com/journal/Straight-Back-vs-Slanted-Back-323098303

Jeez!!! I so much love guys with brains. I admire your intelligence and your zeal to know more. Let me ask you these, why would you showcase something which is already in existence? The term "showdogs" is used for slants because they originated way way after the straightbacks, and they were "showcased" to show-off their additional attributes. But critics within and outside the US have risen against the slants because the advent cos slants drastically reduced the market share for the straightbacks. Those journals on the internet were uploaded by people like you, except for a little few that were thrown under close scrutiny before upload. I believe in theory backed up with practical.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by emmyvet(m): 11:53am On Sep 26, 2014
chucky234: You've been into breeding longer than you can remember?
What a brainless circus clod, learn before coming out here to feed people with wrong breed info not after.
Sir please no direct attack. We all are learning.
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by emmyvet(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2014
arcbay:

Jeez!!! I so much love guys with brains. I admire your intelligence and your zeal to know more. Let me ask you these, why would you showcase something which is already in existence? The term "showdogs" is used for slants because they originated way way after the straightbacks, and they were "showcased" to show-off their additional attributes. But critics within and outside the US have risen against the slants because the advent cos slants drastically reduced the market share for the straightbacks. Those journals on the internet were uploaded by people like you,except for a little few that were thrown under close scrutiny before upload. I believe in theory backed up with practical.
@bolded = Good!!!
Sir the showdog they mean is a kind of dog show where dog owners appear with their dog
To showcase in the public or am I mistaking??
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by Eveezy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
arcbay:

You have a point pal. I'll ask a question, no offense intended please. Have you ever walked a slantback GSD? Due to their build and physique, They have a "high-energy pull". Much of their weight is concentrated in their chest region, with the "push" coming in from the hind legs. I'll ask further questions...Ever been on a basketball team? If yes, ever wondered why ballers who have a higher jump power are those who can leap on their toes. Also, have you ever wondered why the army rejects people with a flat feet? Ever wondered why the best sprinters are those who run on toe tips? My point is this...The orientation of the limbs of the slantback makes them a better sprinter. In a way, they also have sharper reflexes, they are also more alert cos they seem to be on edge all the time unlike being in the "relaxed" physique. I've been breeding for a long while, bred several slants and straightbacks and I'm telling you this from my personal experiences. Being an animal behaviorist too, I was able to decipher all the puzzled questions that I ran across all thru my career with the canines. I still maintain that their only shortcoming is the bone disorders all of which can be managed if properly handled. It is not only the slantback GSDs that are liable to bone diseases, what about the likes of the neopolitan mastiff, bullmastiff and co? But that won't stop people from wanting to own them, and several drugs have been developed to control these defects.
Any modification made should be to imrove I must agree, but u also aware of the shortcomings, does the modification outweigh the disastrous effect(as wat I call d problem) they face re or re more prone to, no doubt more force is more applied @ d chest region, bt den I wuld like to ask is it advicable for ones body weight to be shifted to a particular part? Foot? Ur weight must be balanced to be more effective, no doubt people wit one leg may ve found a way to shift their body weight to d leg which is usefull to them jst as d slant back shift their weight to their chest region which causes lot of complications. And abt d basketball, is it evryone dat jumps high that could be a good basket baller? No! It also requires skills nd expertise. The way tinz re going, I doubt if either of us wuld fully agree dat one particular is beta dan d oda because we bth ve different views as to hw we see tinz, am nt against d slant back or anitin bt wit wat I knw straight back re beta guard dogs even with temperaments nd security conciousness. High energy I dnt tink means pulling on a leash so d strength abt d chest region weight wen walking has ntin to do wit their high energy drive or rey drive. And thanks I ve learnt a few things frm u, we cnt knw all, nd I hope u also learnt frm me, I dnt wana argue abeg
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
chucky234: lol that dude knows next to nothing about GSD, imagine him telling us that slant back are better guard dogs than the straight back GSD.
mehn i don tire kpata.
i dnt wanna know much again coz i m not gonna be a vet
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Eveezy:
Any modification made should be to imrove I must agree, but u also aware of the shortcomings, does the modification outweigh the disastrous effect(as wat I call d problem) they face re or re more prone to, no doubt more force is more applied @ d chest region, bt den I wuld like to ask is it advicable for ones body weight to be shifted to a particular part? Foot? Ur weight must be balanced to be more effective, no doubt people wit one leg may ve found a way to shift their body weight to d leg which is usefull to them jst as d slant back shift their weight to their chest region which causes lot of complications. And abt d basketball, is it evryone dat jumps high that could be a good basket baller? No! It also requires skills nd expertise. The way tinz re going, I doubt if either of us wuld fully agree dat one particular is beta dan d oda because we bth ve different views as to hw we see tinz, am nt against d slant back or anitin bt wit wat I knw straight back re beta guard dogs even with temperaments nd security conciousness. High energy I dnt tink means pulling on a leash so d strength abt d chest region weight wen walking has ntin to do wit their high energy drive or rey drive. And thanks I ve learnt a few things frm u, we cnt knw all, nd I hope u also learnt frm me, I dnt wana argue abeg
lol..una don tire?
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
op change the name of the thread to something interesting
Re: I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy by kuzee(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
chucky234: Oh my God, you are way dumber than I gave you credit for, where in the world did you get the feeling that I'm a breeder.
Dog breed standard describe the mental and physical characteristics that allow each breed to perform the function
for which they were
originated. The
standard describes the
dog's looks, movement
and temperament.

The dog needs to
perform a function
assisted by good
mental and physical
characteristics. For GSDs this includes their gait/run. The function of a GSD is to run smoothly and quickly for herding purposes. Slant GSDs have an extreme slop in the back which hinders them from running smoothly and quickly.
The other side states that the extreme sloping hinders the gait/run with wobbliness and
displacement of the
hind feet.
man aint get anyfn awt of what yuh jux said,GSD is not in your list then what make ya fink yuh knaw a fin bout GSD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

German Shepherd Puppies Available / MY GSD Is Tired Of Crunched Noodles. Can I Feed It With Eba? / Pet Shop Directory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.