Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,202 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide (29808 Views)

Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Dasuki: Buhari Never Ordered Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints / Ig Moves All Police Commissioners Around The States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by faceve: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
I dnt surport d idea nigerian road are not secured

1 Like

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by blakychi: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
dis wan boko boyz go start 2 dey bring in weapon again

1 Like

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by RebelLeader15(m): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nigeria Police: Black trouser, Black inner, Black pant, Blank belt, Black shoe, Black socks, Black khaki, Black trouser, Black cap, Black Barton, Black face, Black character, Black mind, Bad thinking, Black brain, Black future, Black present......

Black! Black!! Black!!!

1 Like

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
gregg2: May God bless this IG.
These policemen are worst than armed robbers
R u 4real?
Guess uv nt encounted real armed robbers on ur way.
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by popson1st: 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
The IG needs some bottles of Orijin..

1 Like

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
ini4brandon:
Im sure you are referring to the spate of armed robberies along our highways. However, in this modern era of telecommunications, our police don't need roadblocks to make the road safe. Road blocks even make the roads less secure because it makes our cops' location predictable( an armed robber on a mission, only needs to determine the checkpoint, then operate a safe distance from it).
If you ask me, Patrolling up and down the stretch of road is much more effective.
Na H2O dey wan take dey do d patrol? Abi u no no naija again?
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by loladius: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
My first post on nairaland. The road blocks may disappear temporarily but they'll always come back
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Contumely: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
dabossman:
Bro, stationary roadblocks is not what you
use to make
the roads secure, but round
the clock patrol. When police men stay in one spot for several hours, [url]how do they [/url]know what is going on some 3-4 streets away?
wat then is
im
port
ant you cant be serious
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by experimentist: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
Crazy cops cowardly connived collecting cash constantly
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by prowlG: 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Checkout Cheap Mtn Data bundles N400 for 250mb
N700 for 500mb
N1200 for 750mb
N1500 for 1gb
Validity :27days www.nairaland.com/1911917/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-bundles
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by MadCow1: 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
After the last IG banned it, Police checkpoints disappeared in Port Harcourt.. Immediately he retired, it returned..

Now this news is out, all it takes is for the media to carry it well and the checkpoints would dissappear as people would start challenging the police at checkpoints and they don't like it..

For those talking about insecurity, it was there when the checkpoints were there so it obviously wasn't working.. We are not in a war torn country to be having such archaic checkpoints.. They should rather run patrols in unmarked vehicles.. If I steal a car and know where the checkpoints are, I can avoid it, if I don't know where the police are, it's more difficult..

I hope Lagos would hear this.. there is currently a standard checkpoint at Bonny camp, Lekki gate, Oniru road (sometimes), ikoyi-lekki bridge.. In PH, they even blocked the road with tyres are Slaughter-trans-amadi road..

This is a brilliant move and I like the continuity... Military checkpoints are way better.. They are not interested in collecting money from you at all costs like the police.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by emmabest2000(m): 12:57am On Sep 22, 2014
Open letters keep working since the time of metuse...... grin
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by CzarChris(m): 1:14am On Sep 22, 2014
Abeg o, thank u Mr. Oga I.G. But the thing is would they hear?
Travelling along east-west road and port harcourt-owerri road is already a nightmare because a 2hr journey is now about 3.5hrs, because you'll meet a checkpoint at every 100m and God punish you wella if your traveling by public transport and your driver no dey gree "settle".
Chai! na ur name dat day.
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by ifaoni(m): 3:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Johnnoo:
Man...just saw ur signature, are you for real
yes o, my guy
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by bigboss80s(m): 5:37am On Sep 22, 2014
This is good news. It shows that the Nigerian police is listening. Now more importantly there should be patrols at all times on these roads.
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Kirinwa: 5:59am On Sep 22, 2014
ifaoni: gud, #20 wil rest.

20 what? #50 that's what they collect with red eyes like you are owing them. They delay keke maruwa people especially.
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Titan5g: 6:16am On Sep 22, 2014
Thank God . Especially those thieves that occupy around 9pm ,the new bridge that link Akin Adesola and kingsway road
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Osama10(m): 7:08am On Sep 22, 2014
If they must mount road block they are free to mount it in places like bama, konduga, maiduguri cos we don't need them in the south. angry

2 Likes

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by mansmith(m): 7:10am On Sep 22, 2014
definitely the police road block in OBA Anambra State will not be dismantled. that Na Alabama international market.
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2014
Yomieluv: Good move,aside the dismantling of road blocks,police should be made to wear tight clothes as uniform,with no pocket,and slippers so there won't be a place to hide money collected as bribe.

Nigeria police,epitome of disgrace since 1900.

Eyah! E neva reach diz level nah
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by delishpot: 8:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Wetin armed robbers pray for. Business don don be that. Omo boys! Dem don commot Awoo for roads o, smooth operation guaranteed. Na only boko haram we go fear now.

The removal of road blocks is fine but removal of the police men is not a good move.

Like a poster said. The police or millitary should mount security checks not remaining at a particular spot all day all season but rather from point to point along our roads for safety and security sake.

1 Like

Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by henryadex(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2014
AREN'T WE TIRED OF THIS INCONSISTENCIES IN POLICE REFORM TODAY ONE IG WILL COME AND MAKE A BIG NOISE ABOUT ROAD BLOCK BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR EYES THEY ARE BACK AT THE VERY SPOT
THIS IS NO NEWS TO THOSE WHO HAD BEEN FOLLOWING THE ANTECEDENTS A BAD TREE CAN NEVER PRODUCE GOOD FRUIT
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by BlueMountain1(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2014
The Onitsha - Owerri road is the home base of all road blocks in Nigeria.
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Stephxoblessed(f): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
HugeCock: chai. Olokpa eweruru deeeeen!!
wats d meaning ?
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by legendsilver(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Wolison: don't be silly!
Why involving me father here?
I don't wanna abuse you but just respect your old forsaken age!!

Period!!!!!!
its just a question bro!
Its either a Yes or No answer, period.
But wait o! shocked is police work bad
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by otunba9ja: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2014
blakychi: dis wan boko boyz go start 2 dey bring in weapon again

The time wey checkpoint dey there,....Wia dem dey carry all d weapon pass....no be d same road?....even d 9.2 dollars intercepted in south African airport.....don pass many many check point 4 naija wit correct settlement...
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by rainbowb(f): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2014
That's good..
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Godsate: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Thank God
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by Johnnoo(m): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2014
ifaoni: yes o, my guy

How do I get MTN 1gig??
Re: Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide by enny09: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
they are still on d road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Custom Boss, Hamid Ali Inspects Quarter Gaurds (Pictures) / The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi / A Soldier Posted To Maiduguri Since 2014 Thanks God After 4 Years In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.