Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,435 members, 7,839,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) (1084 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
This reminds me of my childhood when my best childhood friend igoche John (now a seminarian) and I got some unripe bananas and during the dry season, we stole matches form the kitchen, went to the bush just in front of our gate and put fire on the large bush with the aim of roasting the bananas. There were some houses roofed with thatch and was very closed to the bush.... After setting the bush on fire, we began roasting bananas and the next thing was ..... we saw ourselves crying and shouting as the fire had gone out of control... Several people came with water and leaves trying to put out the fire..... My dad had to run out with towel on his shoulders (guess he was about to bath) and with mango leaves in his hands battling with the fire.... It took over an hour to win the war against disaster.... Hmmm cant forget that day as many would have been homeless by our stubbornness if not for the mercies of God......

I could also remember when I was walking with a friend and President of our block rosary crusade after his visit. I walked him across a railway and on getting back, I saw a train from afar approaching my direction with its loud horn. I loved watching trains and counting the number of segments it has. So I hid in the bush as I was too close to the rail and was advised by someone that I had to hide to watch the train pass. We both hid in the bush and as the train approached, suddenly, I saw some chinese men running towards us and I tried to run. They ran after us and caught us and bundled us into the train. I used to watch some chinese films then and I was crying and begging "Master pls Master Pls.." We were taken to the police station (though not locked up as we were kids) and the chinese men complained that we used to set stones on the rail to derail their train. Although I was innocent of this act as I was only interested in watching the train. When I walked my friend across the rail initially, I found some children too of my age group setting stones on the rail though there were letter removed... My dad came and I was bailed that nyt at about 11 pm.. My dad is such a gentle man and has never laid a hand on me since I was born. But that day, after eating his food and I was about to go to bed, he got a nyz cane and wired me very well. That day and one nyt (that he slapped me because I was told to put off the fridge after light went of and I forgot) were the two times he ever laid his hands on me though It was a painful experience as these kind of people beat you any where and on any part of your body they see. The case was taken to court and the Chinese men wanted us jailed. This happened during the regime of Abacha.. When I was taken to testify in court, I was busy looking at abacha's pictures on the wall... The judge had to dismiss the case that we are kids and the Chinese men threatened to report the Judge's verdict to Abacha..... What a funny experience, I was in class three then in primary school...

Share your awesome funny deeds in your childhood lets laugh at the past...... Cheers.
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by ernie4life(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by OsoDupe(f): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lolz
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by jacabi(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
I and my cousin went to a nearby bush to pick snail(the small ones). When we came back, we wanted to prepare it ourselves, after removing them from their shells and washed thorough. We put the pot on the fire, we applied oil and later the snails. After frying through, we wanted to remove the pot from the fire, so the two of us held nylon in our hands and at thesame time we touched the handles. Before we knew it our hands had got burnt, we couldn't eat the snails again.
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Kovic08(m): 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Let me think
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
jacabi: I and my cousin went to a nearby bush to pick snail(the small ones). When we came back, we wanted to prepare it ourselves, after removing them from their shells and washed thorough. We put the pot on the fire, we applied oil and later the snails. After frying through, we wanted to remove the pot from the fire, so the two of us held nylon in our hands and at thesame time we touched the handles. Before we knew it our hands had got burnt, we couldn't eat the snails again.
lol
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by kreamidiva(f): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
I was a calm kid that was never up to any mischief. tongue
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
kreamidiva: I was a calm kid that was never up to any mischief. tongue

I have warn you
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Dymondgurl(f): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Opening the refrigirator door and closing it gently, jus to watch the light go off. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dymondgurl: Opening the refrigirator door and closing it gently, jus to watch the light go off. undecided
How abt building house with sand on your feet when it rains or cooking rice in tin can (gongoni)? are u guilty or not? Lol...

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Dymondgurl(f): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
ijigaparadox:
How abt building house with sand on your feet when it rains or cooking rice in tin can (gongoni)? are u guilty or not? Lol...
guilty as charged. D day we took d cookin stuff to anoda level, we almost burnt down our neighbour's house cos we cooked closed to some dried up plantain trees and to make matters worse, it was in d harmattan season. That was back then in airforce base ikeja. See koboko whipping. I can't forget!

1 Like

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Dymondgurl(f): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=ijigaparadox]
How abt building house with sand on your feet when it rains or cooking rice in tin can (gongoni)? are u guilty or not? Lol...[/quote grin
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dymondgurl: guilty as charged. D day we took d cookin stuff to anoda level, we almost burnt down our neighbour's house cos we cooked closed to some dried up plantain trees and to make matters worse, it was in d harmattan season. That was back then in airforce base ikeja. See koboko whipping. I can't forget!
Lol.. I remembered as a growing child, if you show me any lady and say this is my wife, I would start crying. it happened to me and my now seminarian friend. we called ourselves priest... we always boast "I be fada". Now in two years from now, my friend would make dat statement come to past while me don derail. Den make Satan punish you say my power pass you make u come tell me say I go marry.. I go slap your spirit commot from your body. I remembered wen I we travelled to spend the holidays with my late aunty and there was this particular girl that always call me her husband... I would chase her and beat... one day, I chased her until as I caught her when was still running I fell on her.. people laugh tire... my cousins and elder bros always torment my life by asking her who would sh marry... she always pointed me and I always chased her for beating. this can take place over 10 times a day with my cousins inciting it....

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Dymondgurl(f): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
ijigaparadox:
Lol.. I remembered as a growing child, if you show me any lady and say this is my wife, I would start crying. it happened to me and my now seminarian friend. we called ourselves priest... we always boast "I be fada". Now in two years from now, my friend would make dat statement come to past while me don derail. Den make Satan punish you say my power pass you make u come tell me say I go marry.. I go slap your spirit commot from your body. I remembered wen I we travelled to spend the holidays with my late aunty and there was this particular girl that always call me her husband... I would chase her and beat... one day, I chased her until as I caught her when was still running I fell on her.. people laugh tire... my cousins and elder bros always torment my life by asking her who would sh marry... she always pointed me and I always chased her for beating. this can take place over 10 times a day with my cousins inciting it....
lol. Those were d good ol' days

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by mstik(f): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
I was a pretty calm kid but I vividly remember in pry.1, my seat mate and I used to bully this boy that sat next to us. He was a skinny little fella, and had yellow teeth. I remember we used to terrorize him about it, and he tearfully told us that it was because his mother made him drink agbo all the time... sad undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
mstik: I was a pretty calm kid but I vividly remember in pry.1, my seat mate and I used to bully this boy that sat next to us. He was a skinny little fella, and had yellow teeth. I remember we used to terrorize him about it, and he tearfully told us that it was because his mother made him drink agbo all the time... sad undecided undecided
This isn't funny, it's heartbreaking. But I forgive you because kids can be mean like that. smiley
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
@post,
NAA Staff School, Primary 2 Gold.
Her name was Theresa. God, how I loved her.
I remember her dad would pick us from school and in the car he would point to the planes overhead and remind me how I was going to be a pilot and marry his daughter. And Theresa and I would smile at each other.
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
BoboYekini: @post,
NAA Staff School, Primary 2 Gold.
Her name was Theresa. God, how I loved her.
I remember her dad would pick us from school and in the car he would point to the planes overhead and remind me how I was going to be a pilot and marry his daughter. And Theresa and I would smile at each other.
Lol.. Are u guys married?

1 Like

Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by mstik(f): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
sad
don't judge me cry
BoboYekini: This isn't funny, it's heartbreaking. But I forgive you because kids can be mean like that. smiley
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2014
ijigaparadox:
Lol.. Are u guys married?
I left the school that year, and I never saw her again.
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by uduokirika1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Each time we travelled home for christmas my mum always insist that no stranger touches us, if they do we should touch them back (back to sender), So a day after our arrival an old man touched me on the head while acknowledging my early morning greetings along a foot pah close to my house. Omo see as i jump land the man slap for head (back to sender) na me u wan use do juju ni? The man happened to be my Maternal Grandfather coming to our house to welcome us from the neighbouring village! abeg no blame me i was just seven!
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Paradise163(f): 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is so hilarious
mod kindly do the needful
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Pampers: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Interesting. ....
Re: Funny Things I Did As A Child (hilarious Memories) by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 25, 2014
uduokirika1: Each time we travelled home for christmas my mum always insist that no stranger touches us, if they do we should touch them back (back to sender), So a day after our arrival an old man touched me on the head while acknowledging my early morning greetings along a foot pah close to my house. Omo see as i jump land the man slap for head (back to sender) na me u wan use do juju ni? The man happened to be my Maternal Grandfather coming to our house to welcome us from the neighbouring village! abeg no blame me i was just seven!
haha

(1) (Reply)

Virginity: Burden Or Honour? / Help A Nairalander Out. / Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.