Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days (31958 Views)

Photos: Funny Things Kids Do When Left Alone / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Man Beaten For Peeping At Couple In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Rollingdice(m): 4:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
Today's kids are so spoilt that they don't know that in our days you
could be beaten for any of the following reasons:
1. Crying after being beaten.
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
10. Singing after being admonished
11. Not greeting visitors
12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour's home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking...

Source: Nhyira 104.5 FM, Kumasi,
Ghana - https://mobile.facebook.com/nhyira104.5fm/photos/a.208968822480229.50416.182243201819458/1006058822771221/?type=3&_rdr

207 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by danidee10(m): 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Our parents were really tough grin

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Rollingdice(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
danidee10:
Our parents were really tough grin
Sure they were. Not in this generation of indomie kids.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Wizzz: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
No be small thing. Even breathing anyhow was a problem grin

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Sanni45(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Spot on

3 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by gbens2000(m): 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
Op if seun no carry dis one go fp,I no go gree oh very nyce one u said it all. smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Lilyomi2: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
hahaha our parents ehn

4 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Freelancer007(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
grin
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by akunnehope: 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
lllol...funny... but not entirely true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by kennyman2000(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lol... These indomie generation will find it difficult to understand why one will be beaten for those offences.. They'll never understand.

Some will even have sleepless night thinking how would one be beaten for this and that offence.

Some will even turn it to a research project.

Indomie generation just dey enjoy anyhow.

Watched my niece pick up his dad's phone anytime he's a call and be speaking with the caller before handing the phone to his dad.. You'll hear, ''daddy, Mr kamoru want to talk to with you ooo'' while when i was his age, i couldnt even near the TV remote for months when we bought a Tv then.

All thanks to technology!

May God bless our hustles for our parents to reap the fruit of their labour bountifully!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by cutetopsey(f): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
I remember my mom would beat me and when I start crying she will use two fingers to spank my mouth and be like "why are you crying? Eh?"
'Oya shut up before I beat you more'

After a while I stopped crying sha then I heard her tell my dad one day 'this boy doesn't cry when beaten oh, he must be hardened'

The beatings increased in hardness till I learned to cry again...

Me and mom's are still the closest closest of closest of the close tho

151 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by wiloy2k8(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by bardintentionz: 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Having 9/10 when only one other kid had 10/10. Does he have two heads?!!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by cornel994(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lawd knws i was given generational beatinz

18 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
I was about 8 years old when my mum hurriedly sent me on an errand and she instructed me to be back within 2 minutes. I wanted to pull an usain bolt, so I hastenly sped off bare footed and returned before a minute with a fullfiled mind,only to meet her at the door step, I was expecting at least a pat on the back but to my dismay na knock I chop.

"But I didn't play on the road now and you said I should hasten up" . I queried.

"Don't ever go out without your slippers again, you might get yourself injured"

Since then I always have my slippers on even in the compound.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by bobkezel(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Front page na na na?

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Abbeyunique2(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
i chop beating no be small, I was like chris in everybody hate chris. Every beating was a hit back to back from pankere, to atori, to koboko, to igi guava, to wire and soldier belt
shout out to my soldier daddy.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Eve62(f): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
like seriously. those days sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by banio: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
1) Beating because you can't tell the difference b/t capital and small letters
2) beating because you wore your slippers wronly
3) beating because you refuse to sleep
Add yours

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by adeboizy11(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
My grandma and my mumcee finish my life with beating ehn! I jst dey look my nieces & nephews dem as my mama dey pamper dem.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
so true
Beating for Dancing without music playing

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Lero15(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
[size=20pt]
Watching or playing super Mario game/ other games at game house
Chai.. My mama dealt with me for this
[/size]

cry cry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by mosho2good: 7:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
I was beaten mercilessly wen Bubu enter as a president my parent blame me that it my vote that let Buhari to win

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by whizcartel(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
hahahahahahaha!!!!! dis jst made my day.

3 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by emyarndy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
so on point..... just like yesterday. ...... old age don come bdat oooo.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by chokovirus: 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
I will never forget the treatment I got when I rushed out in excitement to welcome my dad not minding I was barefooted. Parents those days been dey very harsh o.. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by sonofthunder: 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
We thank God for Jesus.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by newguy1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
Asin chai well dis generation go get him own Tory to tell era of xbox nko

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Hafyz23(m): 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
Expecially my mother. She sabi twist ears and pinching one skin. She was tough but now old and cnt do all those tinz again

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos) / Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.