Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai (850 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet / Breaking News SUNTAI DANBABA Gov Of Taraba State Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by Kingspin(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2014
TARABA: Taraba State Governor Danbaba
Suntai Ailing Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State has said that he will not appear before the recently-constituted medical panel set up by the state House of Assembly to determine his state of health. The Speaker, Mr. Josiah Sabo Kente, had set up a five-man medical team to investigate the “true state of health” of Suntai. The action followed a letter from the State Executive Council to the lawmakers to constitute a medical panel to ascertain the “mental and physical condition of the governor so as to know whether he is capable of steering the affairs of the state.” The five-man medial panel has Prof. B.B Shehu as chairman. Others are Dr. Inusa Samaila, Prof. Peter Alabi, Dr. Shehu Sule and Dr. Ahmed Kara, who is Suntai’s personal physician, as members. But Suntai, who spoke through the Attorney-General And Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Timothy Kataps, in a an interview with our correspondent on Sunday, said that since the matter was already before the court, it was not advisable for the governor to appear before the panel. The ailing governor, who returned to the country two weeks ago, said that the issue of the medical panel was part of the reliefs he sought in the suit he instituted against the House of Assembly when he wrote to them, asking them to allow him to resume duties. Kataps said, “Remember that the issue of a medical team to examine Suntai was part of the reliefs we sought in an earlier suit we filed against the House of Assembly. So, until that case is dispensed with, it will not be wise for the governor to appear before any medical team.” Suntai is still holed up in Abuja since returning to the country from medical treatment abroad. The Speaker, while constituting the medical team, had said that the exercise became necessary following a unanimous demand by members of the state’s Executive Council. Suntai suffered serious injuries when a helicopter he was flying crashed near Yola, the Adamawa State capital, on October 25, 2012. Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH. www.punchng.com
Re: I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by akumada1: 7:00am On Sep 22, 2014
Nigerian politicians with their desperate act. The matter is still in court and they are constituting a panel. Why can't they wait for court judgement?.
Re: I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by kokoA(m): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2014
akumada1: Nigerian politicians with their desperate act. The matter is still in court and they are constituting a panel. Why can't they wait for court judgement?.
which one is court there? It's very simple.. If you say you are physically and mentally capable of handling the rigours of governance come out and prove it.. Pictures/videos don't lie naw, the whole world will see. Nigerian politicians with this "I must rule" syndrome sef.. Smh.
Re: I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by philantoxx(m): 8:27am On Sep 22, 2014
meaning he's still not fit. he looks epileptic.
Re: I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by egopersonified(f): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2014
Abuja, the new capital of taraba state.
Re: I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by phlemzy: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2014
He'd rather die in the course than resign. He know appearing before the panel equals sack. Typical of people of his kind. Greeed.
Re: I Won't Appear Before Medical Panel, Says Suntai by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 22, 2014
I don't know why this whole thing has been lingering, the Governor Dambaba Suntai is clearly unfit mentally and medically to continue to function in the Office of Governor.He should honorably resign or be impeached and stop holding the State to ransome. The Governor office is not his personal property. The State needs a Substantive Governor that will move it forward, they have been with this Acting Governor for "too long". Dambaba should go

(1) (Reply)

Rapist Almost Lynched In LAUTECH / See The Controversial Thing Pastor Adeboye Said About Abortion / El Rufai Declares Intention To Run For Kaduna State Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.