Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized (801 Views)

I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? / Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 / Is Change Of Institution Really Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by Uwem2009(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Am currently an undergraduate student of Psychology and i recently stumbled upon an interesting topic HYPNOTISM. Hypnotism is a technique in which the Hypnotist induces a state of reduced consciousness on people such that they become more willing and co-operative to things they would normally not have done, if they were in their full conscious state. The term is derived after the Greek god of sleep 'HYPNOS' and was used by a German physician Franz Mesmer in the 18th century in treating patients.
Back to my question, having gone through a vast collection of psychological textbook which are mostly written by foreign authors i noticed that researches in which people have been hypnotized are being carried out on white people. Various movies i have come across mostly foreign, in which a Hypnotist just meets a person they don't even know they say one or two words, click their fingers one or two times in which all of this are done in quick succession and then suddenly the person becomes hypnotized and begin to do anything the hypnotist request
Is it possible for such a scenario to happen to a Nigerian man?
Re: Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by enomasly: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
What a coincidence am doing thorough study into hypnosis u know Hypnosis was also known as magnetism and was used for Therapies and entertainment am sure you must have come across names like Milton Erickson, Igor lechodowski and many more. I dont know but am a budding magician, mindreader and hypnotist and i'm still in d process of hypnosis studies so i feel after thorough studies am going to go out into the street try out some Inductions to suggestions and then see if its possible.... You share your idea
Re: Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by cassyrooy(m): 3:50am On Dec 05, 2014
Yeah! When the victim ain't lying to you, then you can do that evil
Re: Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by enomasly: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
cassyrooy:
Yeah! When the victim ain't lying to you, then you can do that evil
you call hypnosis evil?
Re: Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by cassyrooy(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2014
enomasly:

you call hypnosis evil?
yeah! Evil
Re: Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by enomasly: 1:27am On Dec 14, 2014
cassyrooy:
yeah! Evil
oh common give me a break
Re: Is It Really Possible For A Nigerian Man To Be Hypnotized by cassyrooy(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
enomasly:

oh common give me a break
U have it dawg

(1) (Reply)

[must Read] JAMB CBT 2015 Exam Date And Important Notice / Riot!!! Eksu Students Brutalized During Protest In Epe Today - See Photos / Let's See Who Is The Best English Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.